Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this.......IF we have the option to dump his ass aftert this year.

He's obviously out of favour in Vancity.

We'll see I guess. I still think priority one should be the Viking!!!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll be nice and motivated for the games against Vancouver at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Who did Vancouver picked with our draft pick?
    Vancouver picked Michael Nanchoff - players picked after him were CJ Sapong and Will Bruin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club option makes this deal much better to me.

Good trade if results this year matter to you and he comes back sooner than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Who did Vancouver picked with our draft pick?
    Michael Nanchoff... meh

I really could care less about the short term injury. Important thing is that if we can assess if he fits with the team before the end of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Hassli can play as well for us as he always played against us, this will be a solid move in the short term, and hopefully next season as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If Hassli can play as well for us as he always played against us, this will be a solid move in the short term, and hopefully next season as well.
    I think he'll play well with us. We've been thin at striker even with Koef playing. I think this was priority number 1 and it's a pretty good way to address it. I have a feeling he'll work well with Mariner. His kind of player.
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-20-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When he's on he's got the Eye of the Tiger. I love this move. Who knows, maybe he'll turn into something special like the few TFC players who left us and turned it up.

Change of scenery. Real fans backing him up. Could be a legend in the making! But who am I to talk - I still think we have an outside shot of making it to the dance

Bottom line is that he will stick it Vancover every chance he gets and that small victory is good enough for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think he'll play well with us.
    I think so too. Players usually excel in the rare event that they're traded to a bitter rival.

I don't expect him to match Koevermans' offensive output, but he is just as much of a physical presence, he has a great first touch, he can hold up the ball, his distribution is excellent, and he can finish from within an impressive range in the offensive third of the pitch for a man his size.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When uninjured, great player. Carbon copy of Koef, with a bit more of a cannon shot. Should be nice, assuming he stays fit. Better than JDG, in any case, so at least that's positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall Hassli is good replacement for koevermans(less finish, more mobility) will work well with our atheletic style, but if he's out to long from the injury then we might have given to much to acquire him.

Overall a step in the righ direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting my kit named now...

Love the big man hassli...!!!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Vancouver picked Michael Nanchoff - players picked after him were CJ Sapong and Will Bruin
    Nanchoff..played a good game against us as a sub......very quick and accurate passing ...we missed on that one,..and was very impressed with his class, after a tough loss he made an effort to walk to every tfc player and shake hands ..........classy rookie with a good future
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only worry with Hassli besides disappearing act......is his temper,...as someone mentioned before he can be a red card in the making......hopefully that energy can be transformed positively
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go to see Batman and come back to this amazing news
    Now I know why someone kept calling me through the movie. Epic-dary stuff

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... I'm divided on this news. We're giving up a lot here so Hassli better perform. I hope he'll be putting the ball in the back of the net more often than not otherwise this deal will backfire. Time will tell whether or not this is a good move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good player. However, 1) He hasn't done much this year. 2) What's the point of him signing, while injured, half way through this season with TFC out of playoff contention 3) don't like giving up a draft pick to get him

Money just burns a hole in TFC's pocket.

However, at least they've learned you need DP quality type players up front, not as holding midfielders.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fingers crossed he's back from injury soon. Hassli hasn't been great this season (and on/off last season), hopefully a change of scenery & Mariner can help him to be a bit more level-headed & consistent. When he's good, he's awesome.

Question, will they still sign a DP CB now? Hopefully. Since Hassli is a club option for next year, this kinda works as a half-year DP spot. By December they can hopefully assess how Danny K is healing & what to do for next season. If they decide to dump Hassli then, they still have his rights & can maybe get something in return. Like maybe a 2014 first-round draft pick...

Still a question what to do for the next few weeks until Hassli is fit again. We may be thin up front for a while. Doubt they can afford another striker now (even Ameritwat) if they still want to sign some defensive help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hassli's production was down this season, but he was playing significantly less minutes (primarily in a limited reserve role) for the Shitecaps due to the emergence of Mattocks, and Rennie plays a lone striker up front.

Hopefully, with a change of scenery and a guaranteed starting role, he will return to form in T.O.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he comes back quickly, performs, and helps the team push for a playoff spot, this will be a great move. This could also be viewed as an audition for next year with the team option, no? I think it's a good move and I can't wait to see him in red.

Dom

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I absolutely love this move.

If you asked me who I would have picked as the ideal replacement for Koevermans, it would have been Eric Hassli. This guy can play like a beast if he's motivated, as we know all too well. I think he will fit in well with our squad, and given the history between TFC and Vancouver, I'm sure he will be eager to impress when he's ready to go.

A calculated risk, but a very bold move by Mariner in response to the devastating injury to Koevs.
    Absolutely agreed with everything you've said. I'm going to be completely honest here, but I've never been this excited about a signing since DeRo came from Houston. There is a lot of potential with Hassli and the current team to really kick the offense up a notch.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hassli and koevs up top in 2013 lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    Hassli and koevs up top in 2013 lol
    What doesnt make sense here is TFC giving up the right to draft a "domestic" player in the draft. Domestic players can be either Canadian or American and if we're not producing enough players through the academy than it only makes sense to pick them up through the draft.

Vancouver have essentially given up a player that is at best worth 2 more years in football and are probably going to pick up a replacement for John Thorrington in the draft. Essentially building their roster with some of the better talent pool available in the draft.

This move is sadly reminiscent of the Nick Garcia trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    What doesnt make sense here is TFC giving up the right to draft a "domestic" player in the draft. Domestic players can be either Canadian or American and if we're not producing enough players through the academy than it only makes sense to pick them up through the draft.

Vancouver have essentially given up a player that is at best worth 2 more years in football and are probably going to pick up a replacement for John Thorrington in the draft. Essentially building their roster with some of the better talent pool available in the draft.

This move is sadly reminiscent of the Nick Garcia trade.
    Am I in the minority thinking we have a better chance at adding prospects to our team directly from the TFC Academy rather than the MLS Draft?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Southsiders board seems pretty split on their opinion of the move - some don't like it, some don't like it but understand it had to happen, and others think it's great.

Hassli was buried on Vancouver's depth chart, and we needed a striker. The trade makes sense. I think the combination of trading an international spot with trading away a draft pick that can be used to get domestic talent, could come back to haunt us, however.

As for Hassli - fingers crossed that a change of scenery gets him scoring again, because he was obscenely streaky in Vancouver, at best.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just heard. WHAT THE F*CK?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Am I in the minority thinking we have a better chance at adding prospects to our team directly from the TFC Academy rather than the MLS Draft?
    Nope. I totally agree with you. Stack the two up and you can see that an acquisition through the Superdraft is much more riskier than one brought up through the Academy.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The deal looks OK to me on the surface, but key will be how Hassli fits in with the rest of the team, what his motivational level is and how PM can get the most out of him. Garcia? You've got to be joking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

""Adding a player of Eric's ability gives an immediate improvement to our club," said Mariner"

ugh, he's injured ... such an MLSE thing to do, trading for injured players - lmao

we can only hope they did their medical due diligence on hassli's injury, cause the injury was only few days ago, not seeing immediate improvement as mariner says but hopefully not september

get well soon eric!