RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this as usual d!

If anyone is bored this morning, I'll be on TSN radio 1050 at 10am talking about the hockey trip I took to Iceland in May along with the Canadian Moose team founder Mark Sadgrove.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    Thanks for this as usual d!

If anyone is bored this morning, I'll be on TSN radio 1050 at 10am talking about the hockey trip I took to Iceland in May along with the Canadian Moose team founder Mark Sadgrove.
    You're a STAR Coach! Have fun this morning!

SO, hows everyone feeling about DannyK out for the season. . . it will be impossible to calm the 'NEW DP' talk. . .
    Really feel for him. . the base of all of our reent success. .
    What's MAriner going to do now?
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    You're a STAR Coach! Have fun this morning!

SO, hows everyone feeling about DannyK out for the season. . . it will be impossible to calm the 'NEW DP' talk. . .
    Really feel for him. . the base of all of our reent success. .
    What's MAriner going to do now?
    Start managing ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canada tix for World Cup Qualifiers are ready for purchase people!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News out of Vancouver is after they signed Kenny Miller they're looking to ship out Hasli...I'd take him if I was managing..

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    News out of Vancouver is after they signed Kenny Miller they're looking to ship out Hasli...I'd take him if I was managing..
    Right now, Hassli is out with an ankle injury. They are waiting the results of an MRI.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone said yesterday that they saw him in a walking boot. So I don't think he'll be ready to play anytime soon....so I think a pass on him is in order.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Canada tix for World Cup Qualifiers are ready for purchase people!
    Thanks for the reminder! Keep up the good work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Vancouver and Montreal are implementing the 4-2-3-1 formation and they're looking for pieces to fit, but I dont get the acquisition of Brian Robson and trading LeToux for Richards. They also transferred Chiumiento to FC Zurich for money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you would think that PM already has something in his pocket after getting rid of 3 players last week.
    what about micheal owen??

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a huge fan of Kenny but he'll do well in this league.

Very nimble and very quick, tailor made, IMO, for the MLS and something this franchise has always lacked up front.

I'm impressed with the the kind of personnel the Whitecaps are assembling.

Say what you will, Bob Lenarduzzi knows what he's doing and has been doing it successfully for a very long time. Where as TFC's top exec…well…you know…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    you would think that PM already has something in his pocket after getting rid of 3 players last week.
    Pass ... he was a good player, and I stress was. Too much risk with the number of injuries he's recently had.

Also, he still thinks he can play at a high level in Europe.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    I'm impressed with the the kind of personnel the Whitecaps are assembling.

Say what you will, Bob Lenarduzzi knows what he's doing and has been doing it successfully for a very long time. Where as TFC's top exec…well…you know…
    Or you could say he has no clue what he is doing. Depends how you want to look at the Whitecaps right now. They just brought in designated player at a position they already had one at, besides that is Kenny Miller even worth a dp contract? Already missed badly with one dp, Hassli truly never warranted a dp contract and they just had a massive turn over while sitting in a decent spot in the table. I guess we will see and time will tell but you could sit back from afar and wonder what the hell is going on in Vancouver...again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Hahaha we lose our striker to an ACL injury and bring in a guy whose already torn his up? That's asking for trouble!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure Micheal Owen would play in any league that has turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One positive thing about today is that on Red Nation they reported that Nicholas Lindsay played the first half of a Academy game in the CSL

I'm glad that he's getting better and I hope that he returns to have a fantastic career with TFC!!! It would be sad if an accident like that completely destroyed his career.

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Camarg...hepackatT.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Someone said yesterday that they saw him in a walking boot. So I don't think he'll be ready to play anytime soon....so I think a pass on him is in order.
    Yeah, Hassli is out indefinitely:

Eric Hassli is out indefinitely with an ankle injury.
    The big Frenchman hobbled out of B.C. Place on Monday morning with a walking boot on his right ankle, headed for an MRI after turning it in Chicago on Saturday.
    Hassli turned his ankle in the 1-0 loss to the Chicago Fire on Saturday, landing awkwardly after an 88th-minute header chance. He’s already had an X-ray, which was negative.
    http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/07...-ankle-injury/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Vancouver brought in Kenny Miller. They have sufficient strike power moving forward. We don't.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody get the feeling Rennie is losing the plot? Robson over Chiumento? Kenny Miller over Eric Hassli?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Anybody get the feeling Rennie is losing the plot? Robson over Chiumento? Kenny Miller over Eric Hassli?
    Yep. Perhaps those are symptoms of managerial deficiencies?:

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Massey
    They're also so bad at spreading the field it makes me cry, and makes it easier for big lunkhead MLS defenders to grab onto the likes of Camilo or Hassli; players who can't burn them with speed and who'll get whistled if they try anything physical back, secure in the knowledge that the only way Vancouver can attack is through the middle.

It feels eerily familiar. Like deja vu:

The Whitecaps have used a DP slot on a well-known Scottish player, captain of the national team, and between Rennie, Ritchie, and Robson this is starting to not look like a coincidence. After spending a year defending the Whitecaps not showing favouritism to Canadians I'm horrified to see they're showing favouritism to Scots. I seldom quote Duane Rollins approvingly, but I think he might have nailed this one on Twitter:
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Rollins
    This is a Mo Johnston-esque move.
    http://www.eightysixforever.com/2012...ignated-player

and

But even if Miller gets it all back, he still won't be the player Vancouver needs. That's what I like least of all.
    and

Benjamin Massey ‏@Lord_Bob I am reminded of when Rennie spent big dough in Carolina on Scottish forward Allan Russell. Veteran. Team needed goals. And a waste.
    Last edited by BayernTFC; 07-17-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BayernTFC View Post
    Yep. Perhaps those are symptoms of managerial deficiencies?
    You have to wonder. And they're only averaging just over a goal a game, despite having had Mattocks, Hassli, Chiumento, Camilo, Le Toux... this is a stacked team. Hell, they released Nguyen (albeit because he's a legendary wad) and Long Tan, they let Le Toux go to New York, Chiumento (Hassli's best friend) back to Switzerland.

He's nuts, I think, or there are big ego issues at work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to wonder. And they're only averaging just over a goal a game, despite having had Mattocks, Hassli, Chiumento, Camilo, Le Toux... this is a stacked team.
    Yes, VWFC have/had plenty of talent on their squad. Management has few excuses to hide behind.

Hell, they released Nguyen (albeit because he's a legendary wad) and Long Tan, they let Le Toux go to New York, Chiumento (Hassli's best friend) back to Switzerland.
    The few times I've seen Nguyen play, he's impressed me. He was one of the best players on the pitch in NE last Saturday, imho. I thought he complemented Saër Sène quite well. I think Vancouver was able to attract a French speaking/Swiss contingent using Teitur Thordarson. Perhaps the French connection was a draw for Le Toux? It's possible that players were no longer happy and, once the dynamic started unravelling, it was unrealistic to think it could be kept together any longer. Vancouver has not looked the same since Teitur Thordarson left. They're difficult to watch now. I thought pushing Teitur out so quickly wasn't such a bright idea. It reeked of politics.

He's nuts, I think, or there are big ego issues at work.
    It certainly looks that way. It's not good for the team if politics get in the way of making sound football decisions. Some of what I see coming out of Vancouver reminds me a lot of the mess surrounding TFC.