Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    re: O'Brian White - While it's technically true that he is unattached, Seattle bought out his contract due to a health issue.

Can you update his status with something like unattached - long term injury / rehabilitation or something ?

note - he underwent surgery to have a bloodclot removed from his leg in April of this year.
    Yes, I can add that information TOBOR. Next time I post the table, that note will be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Really nice work BayernTFC. Thanks so much for posting this. I wonder if our turnover rate is higher than most other MLS clubs, I am thinking it is.

Its also depressing to see how many guys are unattached and or have dropped to entry level league play around the world.
    You are welcome Phil. That's a good question. TFC certainly has a high rate of turnover. Part of it is because we have had so many managers. That's bound to cause player changes. MLS rules, and their focus on keeping salaries low, intrinsically leads to player turnover. I don't follow US based MLS squads very closely, so maybe someone who does would be willing to crunch the numbers? I do pay a little attention to what Red Bull NY does, and they seem to go through a significant number of players. Yeah, It's tough for the unattached players. It's partly the competitive nature of sports with ongoing cultivation of new players and the limitations on numbers in a squad. The restrictive nature of player movement in MLS, the MLS season having a different schedule than other leagues, and MLS not being a first choice destination may exacerbate problems for individuals who have decided to ply their trade in NA and then find themselves unemployed. The Nana Attakora and Ali Gerba cases have a political aspect to them. Maurice Edu and Nick Soolsma will have new clubs shortly. Some players salary expectations might be too high or they just aren't very skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeGuy View Post
    He was never given the chance to play his position - Hoofball doesn't suit him either

Too bad I had hoped to see more of him but he did not seem to be in Marinier's plans
    I think it was a case of TFC management taking a gamble on a player being able to quickly adjust into a new role. Perhaps there was an expectation that Miguel would turn into the "bossman" TFC's being looking for in central defense? He only had 5 MLS games and 1 Amway Canadian Championship match to produce something. It looked as though he was improving at the end, The 0-0 ACC game away at Montreal was a highpoint defensively for him, but it was hard to gauge because Winter started to bunker at times. Miguel has a solid left foot. I would have preferred the comparable salaries of Harden or Cann dropped before Aceval's, but at least Miguel was given the opportunity to find a new team during the summer transfer window. I give credit to the current TFC management team for doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Would also be neat to have this extended to our managers, as they begin to rival the number of players that have come through these parts. Beggers can't be choosers, though; anything you can manage will be looked upon as a bonus, after your initial contributions.

Thanks, again, BayernTFC.
    TFC Head Coaches (As of August 3, 2012)

Coach From To Record*
    G W T L Win %
    Mo Johnston August 22, 2006 February 1, 2008 30 6 7 17 20.00
    John Carver February 1, 2008 April 25, 2009 36 11 10 15 30.56
    Chris Cummins April 29, 2009 October 24, 2009 31 12 8 11 38.71
    Preki November 19, 2009 September 14, 2010 32 11 10 11 34.38
    Nick Dasovic September 14, 2010 January 6, 2011 10 3 3 4 30.00
    Aron Winter January 6, 2011 June 7, 2012 64 18 21 25 28.13
    Paul Mariner June 7, 2012 Present 14 5 5 4 35.71

* Includes league, Canadian Championship and CONCACAF Champions League games.

EDIT: The table is based on the Wikipedia one. No matter what I do, the forum code screws up my table somewhat. You can click on the coaches name to be sent to that individual's Wikipedia page.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 08-17-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Updated Mariner's record

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a funny one: Chad Barrett NEARLY scored twice in his first game on loan to Vålerenga in Norway.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...res-loan-debut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to wikipedia, Pablo Vitti is now playing for LDU Quito, where Joao Plata is on loan to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peri Marosevic is on trial with the Rapids: http://denver.sbnation.com/colorado-...peri-marosevic

Figured it was worth a mention.

BTW thanks for this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if someone has already posted this, but according the V's board Chris Pozinak was recently loaned out to 2nd divison Norway club Bryne.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Here's a funny one: Chad Barrett NEARLY scored twice in his first game on loan to Vålerenga in Norway.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...res-loan-debut
    That's fantastic. I should reckon that without a doubt, Barrett is nearly the most prolific goalscorer of our times, given the number of goals he's nearly scored. Remember all the ones he almost scored for us ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    That's fantastic. I should reckon that without a doubt, Barrett is nearly the most prolific goalscorer of our times, given the number of goals he's nearly scored. Remember all the ones he almost scored for us ?
    almost made me miss him......amazing work thanx......maybe vitti will play at LCD quito...seeing as Plata has disappeared, ...never even a sub.....for all those who idolized him.....great kid but oveerestimated
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    almost made me miss him......amazing work thanx......maybe vitti will play at LCD quito...seeing as Plata has disappeared, ...never even a sub.....for all those who idolized him.....great kid but oveerestimated
    Hmmm, well actually Plata made his fourth appearance for the club on July 29th against Independiente. He had a decent chance early in the match but came out injured in the 29th minute. Quito won this match 1 nil.

As a result of the injury, Plata did not dress this weekend (which would explain why he was not even a sub).

http://www.ldu.com.ec/portal/index

His opportunity is shown at about 1:20 of the video on the front page. You see him hobble off a minute or so later in the video.

This weekend, Vitti came on in the 63rd minute making his debut with the club in their 2-2 draw with Barcelona.
    Last edited by Blizzard; 08-06-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Soolsma has signed with SBV Excelsior:

http://www.sbvexcelsior.nl/index.php...3&news_id=8865

Excelsior heeft overeenstemming bereikt met Nick Soolsma. De aanvaller die twee weken heeft meegetraind met de selectie van Excelsior, heeft een contract ondertekend voor één seizoen.
    Leon Vlemmings is blij met de aanwinst voor zijn selectie. ,,Soolsma is een jongen die goed kan voetballen. Hij kan zowel links- als rechtsbuiten spelen en op het middenveld''. Vlemmings is dus erg te spreken over de veelzijdige voetballer: ,,We hebben Soolsma goed leren kennen tijdens zijn stageperiode. Hij is ook mee geweest op trainingskamp en wij zijn ervan overtuigd dat hij de juiste versterking is voor Excelsior''.

Soolsma kreeg ook een aanbod van SC Cambuur, maar koos voor Excelsior. De 24-jarige voetballer is pas vanaf volgende week speelgerechtigd.
    Translation:

Excelsior has reached an agreement with Nick Soolsma. The attacker, who for two weeks has trained with the squad from Excelsior, has signed a contract for one season.

Leon Vlemmings is happy with the acquisition for the team. “Soolsma is a lad who can play football well. He can play both left and rightwing and in the midfield”. Vlemmings is so excited to speak about the versatile footballer: “We have gotten to know Soolsma well during his trial period. He has also been with us in training camp and we are convinced that he is the right reinforcement for Excelsior”.

Soolsma also had an offer from SC Cambuur, but chose Excelsior. The 24 year-old footballer is eligible to play next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really excited for him. I wonder how much he's getting paid. I hope for his sake that he some day makes it onto the Feyenoord squad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine example of someone who's just put his head down and worked hard. He grew on me and quickly became one of my top three favourite players, after faltering, somewhat, in his first showing.

Was saddening to see him cut loose and especially now, when we could use a little help with our wide-play.

Thanks for this update, BayernTFC; certainly appreciated and I hope he finds success with his new club.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Fine example of someone who's just put his head down and worked hard. He grew on me and quickly became one of my top three favourite players, after faltering, somewhat, in his first showing.

Was saddening to see him cut loose and especially now, when we could use a little help with our wide-play.

Thanks for this update, BayernTFC; certainly appreciated and I hope he finds success with his new club.
    Agree with this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BayernTFC View Post
    Nick Soolsma has signed with SBV Excelsior:
    Really glad for Nick!

This also supports the view that the PM's 'tweak' purges [433] capable players from the TFC to set us back to the road to mediocrity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh Janniere who was with TFCA in the CLS last year seems to be on trial with Sunderland right now:

Josh Janniere ‏@Joshjanniere07
    Good session , a bit windy for my liking though -__- .. Good luck to the lads in Manchester tomorrow #SAFC