Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    I really feel bad for JDG about this whole situation. We the fans pretty much forced him down the FO's throats for months before he came over. The FO listened to what we the fans wanted and brought him over. Right from the beginning he had unattainable goals set for him by us the fans. We have to take some of the blame here folks. WE fucked up just as hard as the FO and JDG in this situation..
    Ha I distinctly remember in the first townhall people bitching about JDG and PB finally piping up and going "YOU GUYS WANTED HIM!!!"

For CMNT will always be on his side but honestly for TFC have to think about the club and his salary/status would always be holding us back and a reminder of 2009. I think he'll probably go on to do well in a city where there's not as much pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really feel bad for JDG about this whole situation. We the fans pretty much forced him down the FO's throats for months before he came over. The FO listened to what we the fans wanted and brought him over. Right from the beginning he had unattainable goals set for him by us the fans. We have to take some of the blame here folks. WE fucked up just as hard as the FO and JDG in this situation.

I wish him luck in his future. It didn't work out so time to move on.
    that's irrelevant because a half competant FO of any team doesn't give two craps what the fans think............its purely the FO's fault since they haven't had a clue from Day 1..........if that point held any water then these clowns should just all step down and let us (supporters) run the team........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm assuming the longer it goes without an official press release from the club, the more I'd assume that somebody is in negotiations to come here from Dallas? Otherwise, if it was a one way trade, it would be an easy press release to make asap.
    I wouldn't assume that. I would assume Earl Cochrane is sitting pen in hand trying to figure out the messaging to deny this has happened.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...n-to-fc-dallas - it's already in the Toronto Star as of a 1/2 hour ago.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to sing praises about Mariner right now until we see what we get in return for all this.
    I had no idea you were holding yourself back! I'll hate to see what your posts will be like once you start singing his praises.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Makes room for Paul Dickov
    Ahhh, the joke that never stops giving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Ha I distinctly remember in the first townhall people bitching about JDG and PB finally piping up and going "YOU GUYS WANTED HIM!!!"
    Which is hilarious because that goes to show that they are more interested in appeasing what we post on the boards than running a football club. Bloody idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any guesses who we are getting in return?! I can't imagine Dallas wanting to ship out their captain Ihemelu? but that seems the most likely guy wanted by Mariner (experienced CB). John is a possibility then, maybe? If its Brek Shea, he will fit in nicely in Toronto's Church St?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Well JDG did have to go, so that's good that it's finally over.

As for the McKenna rumour, anyone who wouldn't want him is absolutely mad. He's a leader (and will be playing with Morgan/Henry at Canada camps, so cohesion will exist), a workhorse, a massive threat offensively as he has pro experience as a mid/striker as well, and a massive reason why Canada hasn't given up a goal in a competitive match in almost a bloody year.

If you wouldn't want him because he's Canadian, you're bloody mental and should go cheer for the Caps and their anti Canadian ways. He would be an outstanding fit for our club right now. Sure if we can get John back in this trade, that would be great, but doesn't diminish the value in acquiring a guy like McKenna.
    Ryan, I don't think anyone has said they don't want him. Some have just voiced that they don't want him taking up a dp slot..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is hilarious because that goes to show that they are more interested in appeasing what we post on the boards than running a football club. Bloody idiot.
    If that was the case we would have a squad full of Italians (and no English players), Dunfield would be the cleaning lady for the club, and Anselmi would live in Tumbuktu!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well JDG did have to go, so that's good that it's finally over.

As for the McKenna rumour, anyone who wouldn't want him is absolutely mad. He's a leader (and will be playing with Morgan/Henry at Canada camps, so cohesion will exist), a workhorse, a massive threat offensively as he has pro experience as a mid/striker as well, and a massive reason why Canada hasn't given up a goal in a competitive match in almost a bloody year.

If you wouldn't want him because he's Canadian, you're bloody mental and should go cheer for the Caps and their anti Canadian ways. He would be an outstanding fit for our club right now. Sure if we can get John back in this trade, that would be great, but doesn't diminish the value in acquiring a guy like McKenna.
    Would you still want McKenna if he burned up the DP spot? I wouldn't. Yes he's very good but he's also slooooooow and if theres one thing we've learned it's that MLS eats slow defenders alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Would you still want McKenna if he burned up the DP spot? I wouldn't. Yes he's very good but he's also slooooooow and if theres one thing we've learned it's that MLS eats slow defenders alive.
    Slow and very smart. Do you think there aren't players with excellent pace playing in the bundesliga?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Slow and very smart. Do you think there aren't players with excellent pace playing in the bundesliga?
    Exactly.......I think he'll do just fine. If he comes that is....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any guesses who we are getting in return?! I can't imagine Dallas wanting to ship out their captain Ihemelu? but that seems the most likely guy wanted by Mariner (experienced CB). John is a possibility then, maybe? If its Brek Shea, he will fit in nicely in Toronto's Church St?!
    More Queen than Church. And I hope not. He's not a villain I'd care to support.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless I don't think the league would allow him as a DP anyway. At this point it's seen the FO fuck things up for so long it's probley trying to protect the the team from itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I had no idea you were holding yourself back! I'll hate to see what your posts will be like once you start singing his praises.
    Lol..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non-Canadian? Carlos Bocanegra? That'd be a good CB signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Did you want the 5 year older Nesta?

Speed doesn't matter if you're in excellent position. Lets stop pretending MLS has more speed than CONCACAF, it doesn't.
    Last edited by ryan; 07-13-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    Ryan, I don't think anyone has said they don't want him. Some have just voiced that they don't want him taking up a dp slot..
    I don't know how many magical allocation dollars we have, what would people pay then? You could sign him for like 500K using allocation. All our V's cup and bottom table finishes have to be allocating us a ton of these MLS bucks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really feel bad for JDG about this whole situation. We the fans pretty much forced him down the FO's throats for months before he came over. The FO listened to what we the fans wanted and brought him over. Right from the beginning he had unattainable goals set for him by us the fans. We have to take some of the blame here folks. WE fucked up just as hard as the FO and JDG in this situation.

I wish him luck in his future. It didn't work out so time to move on.
    im going to refute this to the death. we didn't want "him" specifically.
    we wanted a canadian DP. he was chosen. he was given a ridiculous salary (seriously, even at the time it was ridiculous). he was given a 3 year contract.

he came over with some high expectations, but unattainable goals? give me a break. half of the time he was on the pitch he didn't look like he gave two shits about playing for TFC. the only time he ever performed was:

1. if it was the champions league, or
    2. the game after he fucked up the wall and let a free kick in.

other than that, i can name the games he performed in on one hand, and im stretching it. it wasn't just the salary, it was the fact that he's played at a higher level, so he was expected to bring that higher level with him here. instead he saw it as a demotion and played like it. the number of publications ive read that've named him near the bottom of useful DPs in our league is astounding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though our CB situation may suck, i still think our midfield is in worse shape. Btw you absolutly need pace in the midfield or you loose the battle like we continualy see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC get Andrew Wiedeman for JDG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front office rationale.....

#1 Salary dump
    #2 Announce/rumor "big name DP coming" at the same time as the ticket renewal comes up
    #3 Press release "we JUST missed out on signing X, but will continue to search for someone for 2013"
    #4 Count money from ticket renewals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. It's not like other Toronto DPs have not lived up to those so called unattainable goals. Frings and Koev have lived up to my expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Seems like a nobody?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad for 4 reasons:

1) Cap room
    2) Back-up forward
    3) DP slot
    4) Could still be a Gen Adidas so no cap hit to us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    There's a name I haven't heard in a while. He was a gen addidas bust no?
    Last edited by Stryker; 07-13-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for the announcement on Aceval next

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a nobody?
    Young forward, Generation Adidas (cap-friendly).

http://www.fcdallas.com/news/2012/07...lian-de-guzman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    I'm waiting for the announcement on Aceval next
    A guy making 6 figures in this league with 10 straight matches of not even making the roster....has to happen.