Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you guys ready for the "Danny Koef" chant?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PRE/IN/POST-match TFC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps, Wed Jul 11

Caps defender Alain Rochat said Vancouver players are mad about their two previous efforts against Toronto, and must show less respect for the Reds and play accordingly.

“We are ahead in the league, and it’s not by chance,” said Rochat.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4401834/

My prediction... Koevs continues his scoring streak, but TFC gives up a goal. 1-1.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players looked worn out last game. Is deguzman finally going to get a start? Seems like we could use a guy like Plata right now.

We will squeeze another tie out 2-2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will lose if Koevs doesn't score.

Time to sell or trade Koevs. Seriously. He deserves to play for something, and he's still got real value for a year or two.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything shy of 3 points here will be a disappointment. Our guys should be embarrassed by a poor outing on the weekend. But are they just too out of gas to pull anything off here?

Vancouver is a highly motivated team continuing on what has been a successful road trip to date. Cannon (at least) considers this a big game. Their players seem to be embarrassed by this years' performances against TFC. A win in Toronto would help to settle things.

I suspect a 1-1 draw, or a 1-0 loss. Not that I'm not hoping for better, but on the face of things, it appears Vancouver might want this game more. (Prepare for the worst - hope for the best - the life of a Toronto sports fan)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Mariner REFUSES to alter his obviously tired team from Sunday, then we're in for a drubbing..no matter how tired Vancouver is...Poor Ecks is obviously out of his depth at CB, and Dunfield is gassed...Expect the shite to hit the fan come Thursday morning....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    If Mariner REFUSES to alter his obviously tired team from Sunday, then we're in for a drubbing..no matter how tired Vancouver is...Poor Ecks is obviously out of his depth at CB, and Dunfield is gassed...Expect the shite to hit the fan come Thursday morning....
    If Mariner is to change the line up (which I also hope he does)....do we know the fitness/availability of those that were on the bench on Sunday?
    Is Soolsma fully fit?
    Is Henry over his virus?
    How fit is Williams?
    Is Harden fit at all?
    JDG doesn't seem to be able to last more than 60 minutes at the moment, so how fit is he also?

I'm assuming that if those players are all FULLY fit, it just leaves the younger players. I think it might be like throwing them into the lions den against Vancouver, possibly?

I WOULD like to see Stinson given a go though, although I don't know what he's like in training, so hard to judge his form without seeing him. But from a purely interest point of view of seeing a young player, I'd like to see him given a game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm assuming that if those players are all FULLY fit, it just leaves the younger players. I think it might be like throwing them into the lions den against Vancouver, possibly?
    if there is a team to play them against, it'd be vancouver. they've been in a slump, we have the home field advantage (can we call it that anymore?), and nguyen has been hot recently. resting some of our backline and maybe bringing danny on as a sub could save some of the legs we'll need on saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Mariner is to change the line up (which I also hope he does)....do we know the fitness/availability of those that were on the bench on Sunday?
    Is Soolsma fully fit?
    Is Henry over his virus?
    How fit is Williams?
    Is Harden fit at all?
    JDG doesn't seem to be able to last more than 60 minutes at the moment, so how fit is he also?

I WOULD like to see Stinson given a go though, although I don't know what he's like in training, so hard to judge his form without seeing him. But from a purely interest point of view of seeing a young player, I'd like to see him given a game.
    Why wouldn't Soolsma be fit? He played the second 45 against MTL and looked great. What about Stinson? He looked better than Dunfield last year but has hardly seen the pitch this year. Henry must be over his foot swelling if he was able to play in Philly. I doubt he would have been even able to get his boot on if his foot was still swollen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this will be a 1-1 tie...Vancouver has better form right now but we always seem to be able to upset that a bit so hope it happens again. At least we don't have to worry about a Hassli wonder goal this time out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I think this will be a 1-1 tie...Vancouver has better form right now but we always seem to be able to upset that a bit so hope it happens again. At least we don't have to worry about a Hassli wonder goal this time out...
    Not sure they're giving up much with Mattocks in his place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Why wouldn't Soolsma be fit? He played the second 45 against MTL and looked great. What about Stinson? He looked better than Dunfield last year but has hardly seen the pitch this year. Henry must be over his foot swelling if he was able to play in Philly. I doubt he would have been even able to get his boot on if his foot was still swollen.
    I'm saying about Soolsma as he hasn't played a full 90 minutes for.....a LONG time (even under Winter).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Not sure they're giving up much with Mattocks in his place.
    He's got a good future ahead of him. Seems to know where the back of the net is. Hassli is the "big dangerous guy" but doesn't always find the net. Mattocks seems to be able to score for fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's got a good future ahead of him. Seems to know where the back of the net is. Hassli is the "big dangerous guy" but doesn't always find the net. Mattocks seems to be able to score for fun.
    And he's super quick. And developed by my man for TFC's next manager Caleb Porter.

Kills me that Vancouver picked this guy up in the draft this year, and now have probably a top 3 pick again next year to add another guy of that quality, depending on where Philly ends up this year. That's how you use the tools to get players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my lineup prediction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner said today that he would definitely be making a couple of changes, so that defo won't be the line-up.

I'll predict: Henry for Emory, Silva for Avila or Dunfield. Possibly Soolsma for Lambe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner said today that he would definitely be making a couple of changes, so that defo won't be the line-up.

I'll predict: Henry for Emory, Silva for Avila or Dunfield. Possibly Soolsma for Lambe.
    Let's hope so, just to give some guys a rest, and maybe get a, do I dare say a win!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva for Avila makes sense. For Dunfield, no. Silva isn't capable of playing any sort of holding midfield role
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Silva for Avila makes sense. For Dunfield, no. Silva isn't capable of playing any sort of holding midfield role
    And Dunny's not really capable of playing an AM role, but in some games under Mariner he's played the more advanced central midfield role with Frings behind him. Bit perplexed at that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap is still crap whatever way it's served.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INJURY REPORT:

• TORONTO FC – OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg);
    • QUESTIONABLE: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Ty Harden (R adductor strain); DF Adrian Cann (R knee sprain); DF Doneil Henry (illness); FW Danny Koevermans (R infrapatellar fat pad irritation); MF Terry Dunfield (R eye contusion)
    • VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC – OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery recovery); MF John Thorrington (R quad strain); DOUBTFUL: MF Matt Watson (R ankle sprain)

Probable lineups:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4274...m-1-6-meg?da=y

I really hope this is not our starting lineup.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see Dunfield in an attacking role, just for the added entertainment value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be hilarious if Dunfield score the game winner. Anyways id like to see something like this

Kocic
    -Ecks-Emory-Henry-Morgan-
    --------JDG-Frings---------
    -Soolsma-------------Avila--
    -------Johnson-Koef--------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    And Dunny's not really capable of playing an AM role, but in some games under Mariner he's played the more advanced central midfield role with Frings behind him. Bit perplexed at that one.
    Yes I noticed this at times as well on Sunday. Perplexing to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    INJURY REPORT:

• TORONTO FC – OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg);
    • QUESTIONABLE: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Ty Harden (R adductor strain); DF Adrian Cann (R knee sprain); DF Doneil Henry (illness); FW Danny Koevermans (R infrapatellar fat pad irritation); MF Terry Dunfield (R eye contusion)
    • VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC – OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery recovery); MF John Thorrington (R quad strain); DOUBTFUL: MF Matt Watson

oh no they didn't!! Those are fighting words, nobody and I mean nobody calls Danny fat and gets away with it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey folks, anybody have some extra tickets they can't use? Looking for something not more than $20.00. Last minute I found out we can make it to the game. A rarity since we are 90 minutes away from the pitch. With the cost of gas and parking, I need to pick up cheap seats. Two for sure possibly 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-1 Vancouver

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI folks,

We are going to get the Horto chant going tomorrow. It sounded good vs Philly so we're hoping for another successful go.

Here are the lyrics for reference:

Horto Lyrics

Intro

Ohhhhhh, ohhhh Torontoooooo,
    Wherever you go we follooooooow,
    And 'cause of you, we know for sure,
    We'll jump and sing forever more,

Verse One

Our TFC, we love you so,
    No Heroin, our only fix is Toronto,
    We don't want speed, or LSD
    Toronto, you're the only drug we'll ever need

(capo)Our TFC
    (group)our TFC
    (capo)We love you so
    (group)We love you so
    (EVERYBODY)And we will always follow anywhere you go, where you go,

(capo)Onward
    (group)onward
    (capo)Fear free
    (group)fear free
    (EVERYBODY)Together standing for the cause we'll always be

We'll be distributing 'lyric slips' in & around section 112.
    Feel free to pick one up from the front of 112 if need be.

Cheers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I the horto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strait shooter View Post
    Hey folks, anybody have some extra tickets they can't use? Looking for something not more than $20.00. Last minute I found out we can make it to the game. A rarity since we are 90 minutes away from the pitch. With the cost of gas and parking, I need to pick up cheap seats. Two for sure possibly 4.
    Try ticket trader for this game:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...-Field-7-00-PM
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !