Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 56
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    scarborough
    Posts
    6,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Impact Ownership: 'we didn't reach our SSH mark, what can we do to improve?'

    http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2012/06/games-stade-saputo-good-show-display

    file this under "ML$E: you should be paying attention"

    Tell us what YOU think

    “Our objectives are higher than what we are experiencing at the moment,” said Impact executive vice-president Richard Legendre. “We are aware that work remains to be done, and we are not looking at the market as acquired. The positive perception of the club and MLS must transform into ticket sales. Everyone who comes to visit the stadium tells us how much they appreciate the experience and the ambiance. If there is something missing, we invite our fans to let us know.”

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The 'Ring
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...ial-promotions

    FRIENDS PACKAGE includes 4 hot dogs and 4 beers for 20 bucks a person!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 119
    Posts
    11,506
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's brutal. With the history and tradition of the Impact in Montreal prior to their "promotion" to MLS, this looks terrible on their fan base. Imagine if Impact supporters experience what we went through for the next 6 years. There would probably be less than 1000 STHs left, LOL.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 07-06-2012 at 03:45 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dump and Chase!!!!!
    Posts
    8,869
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    nice to see an ownership that "gives a shit", i fully understand they are forced into doing this stuff because of attendance, but including the paying customer is a far better way to grow your club rather than the "ml$e" way.


    TFC management is

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    scarborough
    Posts
    6,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    nice to see an ownership that "gives a shit", i fully understand they are forced into doing this stuff because of attendance, but including the paying customer is a far better way to grow your club rather than the "ml$e" way.
    like it's been stated before, MLSE fell ass backwards into a fanbase that they didn't expect, nor understand. most other clubs in MLS would kill to have a slice of what we've got as bottom feeders.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dump and Chase!!!!!
    Posts
    8,869
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    like it's been stated before, MLSE fell ass backwards into a fanbase that they didn't expect, nor understand. most other clubs in MLS would kill to have a slice of what we've got as bottom feeders.

    well if shit continues,by the end of next season we will also have the same SSH numbers and they still wont give a shit what we think. saputo is committed to building a winning club, MLSE is committed to profits

  7. #7
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sec-115
    Posts
    9,878
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PLEASE HIRE Anslemi he knows how to make fans happy!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !


  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    995
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    man we get fucked over so badly compared to them there. I would suggest a massive non renewal for season seats but thats asking too much i think. fuck man i hope the suffering we endure now brings a brighter future but it doesnt look to good.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bringin' Scarborough to The Beach!
    Posts
    4,969
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The difference between a club that takes their fans for granted (MLSE) and one that works to earn their business. (Impact)

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Barried Alive
    Posts
    18,123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's no doubt that MLSE take the TFC fanbase for granted (a look at our ticket prices will quickly show you that), but as for this instance in particular - there's a big difference between nice words, and results. I'm wondering what the qualitative difference is between this nice paragraph, and say, the town halls the TFC FO have held in the past, for fans to voice their opinions directly to the team?

    I mean, I'll never begrudge a team owner trying to show interest in the opinions of it's fans, but we've received these nice, empty gestures in the past too. It's the action afterward that give them any meaning.

    - Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    TFC may have to resort to similar deals next year. We're playing better right now, but people have been beaten down for years by an organization that clearly is incompetent, so even with a strong finish this year I doubt they will sell all season tickets again. People are just angry. They turned the club into a joke. It may take 3-4 years of fantastic play + play-offs each year before we see consistent sell-outs again.

    Maybe we should all dump our seasons. I like the idea of a ticket, beer and hotdog for 20 bucks.

  12. #12
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Holy shit. This far into a thread and no one is taking any shots at how pathetic Montreal is in their first MLS season?

    Too busy applauding how much more interested and caring their FO is?

    Wow. No one can say our priority isn't a new FO. At this point it's superceding rivalry...
    Nations League Canada vs USA Nov 15th!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    scarborough
    Posts
    6,158
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Wow. No one can say our priority isn't a new FO. At this point it's superceding rivalry...
    but we already know the impact is shit..

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    but we already know the impact is shit..
    Agreed. But the table tells another story. They have 18 points. We have 10. They're a first year team. We're in our sixth year. Fortunately our form as of late is a hell of a lot better than theirs.

  15. #15
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Kickass!
    Posts
    5,312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    That's brutal. With the history and tradition of the Impact in Montreal prior to their "promotion" to MLS, this looks terrible on their fan base. Imagine if Impact supporters experience what we went through for the next 6 years. There would probably be less than 1000 STHs left, LOL.
    If the attitudes of both clubs continue the way they're going, we may be looking at Montreal's attendance with envy and wonder what the fuck happened to our fan base, knowing full well what the answer is (ML$E!)
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

  16. #16
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    with perpetual hope
    Posts
    3,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...having just seen this I am stunned...flabbergasted, you name it,....we should be voted greatest fans ever for the shit we've been fed......first going after a solid base of fans by getting Nesta, De Vaio,....then trying to establish a communication with it's CUSTOMERS,...........



    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

  17. #17
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    with perpetual hope
    Posts
    3,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...ial-promotions



    FRIENDS PACKAGE includes 4 hot dogs and 4 beers for 20 bucks a person!
    but are those beers those tiny dixie cups ...still
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

  18. #18
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    with perpetual hope
    Posts
    3,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Holy shit. This far into a thread and no one is taking any shots at how pathetic Montreal is in their first MLS season?

    Too busy applauding how much more interested and caring their FO is?

    Wow. No one can say our priority isn't a new FO. At this point it's superceding rivalry...
    but Pete Montreal is 8 pts ahead of us and their FO while just starting out, already are reaching out to their customers, (yes poor attendance),..but quick to grasp the problem, yes?.satisfy the customer!....are we numbed/defined by years of the leafs style of sports franchise that we should expect our 'taken for granted and charging the highest the market will bear approach' , forever? .....I generally fear for our team.....I love the team but as many, love supporting it, but am VERY conflicted with this FO...and really don't want to stop going to games......but their arrogance really unleashes a slow boil inside.....they seem to take us as fools consistently!...I'd love to be wrong.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The recipe for pro sports teams Montreal is simple, "Win and the fans will buy tickets, lose and they won't". The only exception being the Habs, that draw regardless. I'm sure Saputo knows this, hence he's signing veteran players with a focus on winning now.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    2,740
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    There's no doubt that MLSE take the TFC fanbase for granted (a look at our ticket prices will quickly show you that), but as for this instance in particular - there's a big difference between nice words, and results. I'm wondering what the qualitative difference is between this nice paragraph, and say, the town halls the TFC FO have held in the past, for fans to voice their opinions directly to the team?

    I mean, I'll never begrudge a team owner trying to show interest in the opinions of it's fans, but we've received these nice, empty gestures in the past too. It's the action afterward that give them any meaning.

    - Scott
    Exactly. I believe the Town Hall meetings were initially seen as a step in the right direction and an olive branch to the frustrated, loyal fans.

    But inaction and misdirection soon followed whilst pissing in our faces and telling us it was the rain.

    However, i believe that this is a pride project for Saputo. He wants success in the form of championships and a packed house. Not just lined pockets. Like our FO, he can't just wash his hands and point the finger. When things go wrong, the finger will be pointed squarely in his direction.
    Last edited by Gazza; 07-07-2012 at 10:45 AM.

  21. #21
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Shocking, a club owned and run by a fan of the game, who wants to build a truly great thing, and actually cares about what his fans think. How unprofessional. ML$E will show that guy a thing or two!!

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Shocking, a club owned and run by a fan of the game, who wants to build a truly great thing, and actually cares about what his fans think. How unprofessional. ML$E will show that guy a thing or two!!
    The day that TFC manages to sign a World Class experienced CB AND lowers their ticket prices, I'll lead the goddam parade around BMO Field.

    If there's any Limp Act, it's the TFC FO.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    9,850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But I still criticize Montreal fans for not coming out. It's an expansion team so obviously they aren't going to be a great team. the prices aren't that bad already. It's not like they had 6 years of futility and are justified in not showing up until things get better, Just shows Montreal fans are bandwagon jumpers.

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone who thinks an expansion team dropping their prices in year one is a good thing for Canadian soccer is losing the plot.

    As a fan, outside of wins, what I'd want at my club is:

    1) A large, stable fan base that turns up game in, game out to support the team rain or shine.

    2) A responsive, non-abusive FO who see that fan base as partners rather than customers.

    We've got one; Montreal might, and I emphasize MIGHT, have neither.

    I'll be the first to admit that there are some things I really admire about Joey Saputo and his family. Their commitment to building soccer as a spectator sport in the Montreal market is admirable. They certainly value winning for its own sake rather than being just a vehicle to a more profitable and valuable enterprise.

    But anyone suggesting that there's not a history of front office dysfunction in Montreal, most of it traceable back to Joey and co., doesn't know the history there.

    Further, the idea of members of a Toronto supporters group COMPLEMENTING the Impact organization for their allegedly superior supporters relations is seriously through the looking glass sort of stuff. Montreal has a long history of NOT appreciating their dedicated supporters and this has lead to friction, including banners being removed, verbal fights in the stands, walkouts, and protests by UM02. My French ain't the best but THIS VERY WEEK the Impact announced they'd be once again installing netting behind the home goal, banning tifos and banners, and, as I understand it, fining UM02, as a group, for every flare thrown in the future.

    À l’Association des supporters,

    Nous tenons d’abord à vous dire que nous apprécions beaucoup votre support et l’ambiance que vous créez au Stade Saputo. Toutefois, nous ne pouvons pas accepter des situations telles que vécues lors du dernier match, principalement pour la sécurité des spectateurs présents. De plus, plus de 3000$ en dommage ont été causés à la structure du gradin.

    Suite aux événements du 27 juin dernier, l’Impact de Montréal tient donc à vous faire part de certaines mesures qui seront appliquées dès le prochain match, le 4 juillet, contre le Sporting Kansas City :

    - Le filet de protection derrière le but et devant la section 132 sera remis en place pour la sécurité des joueurs sur le terrain et ce, à la demande de l’Impact de Montréal et de la ligue.

    - Si d'autres torches (flares) sont allumées dans la section des supporters du Stade Saputo, les drapeaux et tifos seront bannis pour une durée indéterminée.

    - Une amende minimale de 150$ sera imposée pour chaque torche qui sera allumée. Ce montant sera déduit à même le fond des supporters.

    - Toute personne qui sera prise à utiliser une torche sera bannie du stade pour une période indéterminée.

    - Les fumigènes sont également interdits. L’utilisation dans les gradins pourrait être sanctionnée par des amendes ou des restrictions de privilèges.

    Nous devons mettre ces mesures en place, afin d’éviter qu’un incident grave survienne.
    The above might even be a prudent, reasonable, and fair set of sanctions considering the damage members of UM02 allegedly caused. We'll see how they respond though; I'll suggest right now that this will get uglier before it gets better, particularly with too much of the rest of the stadium unsold.

    Up thread someone implied that Montreal valued the paying customer. The reality is that they've never appreciated who their paying customers are and don't have enough of them. That's different than the situation in Toronto but certainly not better.

  25. #25
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario
    Posts
    8,512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's actually very simple. Montreal is experiencing a downturn with attendance and are trying to rectify the problem by:

    A) Introducing new low-price promotions,

    and,

    B) Bringing in a world-renown Centre Back to augment the team.

    Things are getting pretty bad here when we applaud some rather common and straight-forward business practices that clubs all over the world utilize when they need to attract crowds.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 07-08-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

  26. #26
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Centre of My Bloody Universe.
    Posts
    18,908
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I want no one to think that in any way I am complimenting our FO by shitting on another FO. I'm shocked that more people aren't pointing out the frailty in Montreal's support and focusing on the reaction of an FO that is far from their first year of existence and should be having no trouble at all getting Montrealers out to the top level game available to them now.

    Montreal is a city that responds to bad results, true, but they also can be pretty damn apathetic from the start.

    It's pretty damning to look at the attendance for LA's visit or that one CCL match v Santos and then look at their STH numbers. It has fairweather stamped all over it. What's the sports competition? The Als don't start till later this week and the expos aren't gonna be distracting anybody with more than classic merchandise.
    Nations League Canada vs USA Nov 15th!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

  27. #27
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bloor West Village
    Posts
    1,312
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BHTC Mike View Post
    Anyone who thinks an expansion team dropping their prices in year one is a good thing for Canadian soccer is losing the plot.

    As a fan, outside of wins, what I'd want at my club is:

    1) A large, stable fan base that turns up game in, game out to support the team rain or shine.

    2) A responsive, non-abusive FO who see that fan base as partners rather than customers.

    We've got one; Montreal might, and I emphasize MIGHT, have neither.

    I'll be the first to admit that there are some things I really admire about Joey Saputo and his family. Their commitment to building soccer as a spectator sport in the Montreal market is admirable. They certainly value winning for its own sake rather than being just a vehicle to a more profitable and valuable enterprise.

    But anyone suggesting that there's not a history of front office dysfunction in Montreal, most of it traceable back to Joey and co., doesn't know the history there.

    Further, the idea of members of a Toronto supporters group COMPLEMENTING the Impact organization for their allegedly superior supporters relations is seriously through the looking glass sort of stuff. Montreal has a long history of NOT appreciating their dedicated supporters and this has lead to friction, including banners being removed, verbal fights in the stands, walkouts, and protests by UM02. My French ain't the best but THIS VERY WEEK the Impact announced they'd be once again installing netting behind the home goal, banning tifos and banners, and, as I understand it, fining UM02, as a group, for every flare thrown in the future.



    The above might even be a prudent, reasonable, and fair set of sanctions considering the damage members of UM02 allegedly caused. We'll see how they respond though; I'll suggest right now that this will get uglier before it gets better, particularly with too much of the rest of the stadium unsold.

    Up thread someone implied that Montreal valued the paying customer. The reality is that they've never appreciated who their paying customers are and don't have enough of them. That's different than the situation in Toronto but certainly not better.
    Here is the translation... (trashing one's own newly renovated stadium?)
    Supporters Association.
    We first want to tell you that we much appreciate your support and the atmosphere you create at Saputo Stadium. However, we cannot accept such situations experienced in the last match, mainly for the safety of the spectators present. In addition, over $ 3000 in damage was caused to the structure of the bench.
    Following the events of June 27, the Montreal Impact is therefore to share certain measures that will be applied the next day, July 4, against Sporting Kansas City:
    -The net behind the goal and before the section 132 will be put back in place for the safety of the players on the field, at the request of the Montreal Impact and the League.
    -If other (flares) torches are lit in the section of the supporters of the Saputo Stadium, flags and displays will be banned for an indefinite period.
    -A minimum fine of $ 150 will be imposed for each torch which will be lit. This amount will be deducted on even the bottom of the supporters.
    -Any person who will be made to use a torch will be banned from the stadium for an indeterminate period.
    -The smoke are also prohibited. The use in the stands could be punished by fines or restrictions of privileges.
    We put these measures in place, to avoid that a serious incident occurs.

  28. #28
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another soccer team owner with a vision
    Gordon Hartman, San Antonio Scorpions

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/sp...ofit.html?_r=2

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    t.dot
    Posts
    7,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    reading the limp act supporters comments on their threads...one guy asked do you get arrested if you break the law by going 120km/h on the highway?...i laughed pretty hard

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    t.dot
    Posts
    7,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    best quote:

    Mls loves that, and that's all the t.a. do, except in toronto esque isolated cases? after all, they are the league's preferred image of mls bad boy type support?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •