Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Improved atmosphere ?

Noticed when I was at the Red Bulls game that the atmosphere was a lot better then recently (maybe just a figment of my imagination? Lol) the north stands where I was was more vocal and stomping the feet and more cheering and just everything, the RPB sector sounded great and just overall all around the stadium was just a better feel.

Anyone else notice this?, good to see I'm thinking it's because the decent form of late, just wanted to see what you guys think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't your imagination. I imagine that most people were just pumped up because of Henry being there. Always helps to have a couple of calls go the wrong way at the beginning of the game too. The fans got loud because of the call on Dunfield's tackle, which undoubtedly deserved a card, but which for some reason the fans didn't like. Also noticed that some people in the North End were trying to start some chants, which really made me happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even before the RB game there was an improved feeling. Some guy in a old school Grey kit got us going was nice to see I'd love to see him there for more if I wasn't sick I would have went all out to help him get things going lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we should all get together and bring the atmosphere back, even if we are losing by 3, i think chanting loud and proud brings more fun into the game!!! Next game vs Vancouver, we should make the tv hear us!!! I think the whole south stand should step up so we can lead the rest of the crowd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see the crazed atmosphere again I know us true supporters are still here a lot of fair weather have left us but whatever I live this team so the Vancouver game I'll give er lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

atmosphere was still shite guys, dont kid yourselves.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No atmosphere not improving at all, from where I sit it looks like even the south end is not what it use to be. I even noticed that they are less people at the games wearing TFC jerseys or TFC T shirts, alot more people coming to games in non TFC clothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on now I'm not saying we have 21,000 fans Cheering with TFC jerseys I'm just saying that handle full of TFC supporters who where already vocal a couple around them started to pipe up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was pretty good. I know in the past people have speculated that night games are better from an atmosphere perspective. The Dichio chant was really strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obviously not what it used to be but it was the best in a while for sure...devastating how the front office have slowly killed off supporters.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the worst. Not nearly the best. Glad that the the North started something. It was curious to see the North stand fullish (rarity) for that ridiculous tifo but I suppose I could blame it on Henry.

The Henry/Arsenal fans were more ridiculous than the Beckham fans most years. I didn't notice them last year hit that obnoxious level. Whatever. Same rules apply. Eventually they will come to see Toronto play without playing a team with Henry or they won't. I'll hope for the former.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the t.v. (sorry Reds) things seemed to have improved from other recent games. The volume and output from the supporters was good and consistent. The curses and R-rated comments were loud and clear too.

Thanks for the added excitement and energy that you guys provide. I find myself (when at home) using my coffee table to follow the beautiful drums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caught a few minutes of game in an hour at midnight. Atmosphere seemed pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    From the t.v. (sorry Reds) things seemed to have improved from other recent games. The volume and output from the supporters was good and consistent. The curses and R-rated comments were loud and clear too.

Thanks for the added excitement and energy that you guys provide. I find myself (when at home) using my coffee table to follow the beautiful drums.
    From the tv perspective the stands did look fuller which usually contributes to a general buzz about the stadium. This was one of the first times that it occurred to me (I guess I am usually there in person) that during any lulls in vocal support it was the drums that really helped maintain the atmosphere, differentiating from any other televised Toronto sporting event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acoustics at bmo are shite for most part and only found this out for the first time as was standing in 118 outside of my regular 113 section... I could hardly hear 111-112 - 113 from 118...and only now after 6 years i wonder why the atmosphere ends as far as 114 maybe 115....BMO needs a face lift bottom line and a roof..canvas ..anything.. would be a huge boost to our atmosphere!

Cant see it happening anytime soon..anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Not the worst. Not nearly the best. Glad that the the North started something. It was curious to see the North stand fullish (rarity) for that ridiculous tifo but I suppose I could blame it on Henry..
    Didn't see this Tifo on tv. Any pics or a description? Still up north...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post

They had red and white cards that the people in the north held up so that there was a strip of red, then white, then red, then white.

You also missed a wonderful dance troupe break dancing at the centre line before the usual fanfare.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't think it was any better. A guy behind me even said "what's up with the supporters section. Are they still protesting?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NEE

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I didn't think it was any better. A guy behind me even said "what's up with the supporters section. Are they still protesting?"

Can someone please tell me what happened to North End Elite? They dont seem to exist anymore...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the support was good only by Toronto Lynx standards. It's more comparable to Dallas than to Seattle. It will take a serious turnaround in the team's fortunes to change that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't see how anyone can consider the atmosphere to be better when 3/4 of 115 was sitting down the whole game. The South End needs to be GA, I know its been done to death but the place for SGs is behind the goal not in the corner

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Nothing new. I bet you can find "a guy" that will say anything, any game. Don't care. Don't do it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Can someone please tell me what happened to North End Elite? They dont seem to exist anymore...
    They do. But I don't make it a habit to talk about other groups without them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Don't see how anyone can consider the atmosphere to be better when 3/4 of 115 was sitting down the whole game. The South End needs to be GA, I know its been done to death but the place for SGs is behind the goal not in the corner
    Yes it's been done to death. Move the less than a hundred people in the corner singing to behind the net and the same problem still exists except now some people like yourself can say "Now they're where they should be." No thanks. We have a home.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    i think we should all get together and bring the atmosphere back, even if we are losing by 3, i think chanting loud and proud brings more fun into the game!!! Next game vs Vancouver, we should make the tv hear us!!! I think the whole south stand should step up so we can lead the rest of the crowd
    Yay let's go chant for fun so we can entertain the frat boy fuckwads that plague BMO. Yeah bro hail the almightly TV!!!

Where do you stand? What do you bring? Dunno... that's why I am askin'...

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd3TFC View Post
    I'd love to see the crazed atmosphere again I know us true supporters are still here a lot of fair weather have left us but whatever I live this team so the Vancouver game I'll give er lol
    True supporters are still here? I could name over 50 that have been shit upon, banned, shunned, or otherwise disregarded by RPB exec over the last 5 years. Any cherished exec want to challenge me to provide a list?

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    atmosphere was still shite guys, dont kid yourselves.....
    Yes. And until people realize a fucking title on a message board does not mean you are contributing to support, we will continue to look back at the old days, wish we could aspire to that, and continue to fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    No atmosphere not improving at all, from where I sit it looks like even the south end is not what it use to be. I even noticed that they are less people at the games wearing TFC jerseys or TFC T shirts, alot more people coming to games in non TFC clothing.
    Correct - but until you come over to the south end, check your individuality at the door and actually do something about it, you have no one to blame but yourself. Not singling you out, this goes for everyone. Support is what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    obviously not what it used to be but it was the best in a while for sure...devastating how the front office have slowly killed off supporters.
    FO deserves blame 100% and yet we also need to accept their incompetence and persevere despite it. Do your best with the cards you are dealt so to speak. Collectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Not the worst. Not nearly the best. Glad that the the North started something. It was curious to see the North stand fullish (rarity) for that ridiculous tifo but I suppose I could blame it on Henry.

The Henry/Arsenal fans were more ridiculous than the Beckham fans most years. I didn't notice them last year hit that obnoxious level. Whatever. Same rules apply. Eventually they will come to see Toronto play without playing a team with Henry or they won't. I'll hope for the former.
    This guy goes all game. Want to call yourself a supporter? Emulate him. Up a few, down a few, in the capo stand, in 112. 90+ without fail. 100% respect. Bottom 8 rows of 112 were comatose. Phil told me he doesn't control seating in 112 LMAO. Then he told me to go back to 127 after giving 100% all game. Don't tell me you dont know who these people were in the lower half of your section Phil... 90% recognizable RPB and they were fucking corpses dude. Aren't you embarrassed as president?

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I missed it as well, but props to anyone who contributes. All it takes is a little effort on everyone's part to right the wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Go ask on their own board. Or better yet, go stand with them in 127 and contribute. Asking about what once was on a message board benefits no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I thought the support was good only by Toronto Lynx standards. It's more comparable to Dallas than to Seattle. It will take a serious turnaround in the team's fortunes to change that.
    Team fortunes are a fucking crutch/band-aid, and besides it is not anything we can control Turnaround in the mentality of people who call themselves leaders is something we can control, and is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    QFT. And people laughed at me when I warned a year and a half ago Montreal support would embarrass us when they came into the league. HEY GUYS WE ARE BEING TO PUT TO SHAME BY UM02. They called us "plastic" years ago and we laughed at them in our perceived invincibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    Yay let's go chant for fun so we can entertain the frat boy fuckwads that plague BMO. Yeah bro hail the almightly TV!!!

Where do you stand? What do you bring? Dunno... that's why I am askin'...

I stand at 113, i bring my scarf, jersey, and my voice, I hope I'll see you there doing the same thing too, thanks!!!!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any particular reason for the cartoonish over-the-top hostility and paranoia, Redrum?

I thought the atmosphere looked pretty good on the TV. Sure, we've seen much better, but considering the highs and lows of this season, it wasn't too bad. I'm confident things will turn around. The fact is, we're shaping up to be a better team - no matter who deserves the credit for the change on the pitch, and that's obviously going to translate into more noise from the stands.

I know we hate to think that the attitudes of the crowd is somehow tied to the quality of play we're watching, but that's just how things are. I agree that as Supporters we should strive to be at the forefront of the atmosphere, but we only have so much influence.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 07-03-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cartoonish over the top hostility and paranoia Cash? Cite my specific words that you feel are so, so I may respond to your blanket statement. Thanks.

We looked great on TV? The bottom 8 rows of 112 did fuck all - and anyone who begs to differ, by all means stand up and and be counted. Aside from FYR and maybe 1 or 2 people (being generous here imo) it was a morgue. Funny - it wasn't so long ago that all of 112 was liquid. You know what liquid is dude? Scarves, hands and jumping. Whole god damn section looked like a big happy fucking aquarium on 'roids. Now it's just a dying cesspool - only the dead fish sank to the bottom instead of floating to the top.
    Last edited by RedRum; 07-03-2012 at 02:31 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we get people to stop standing on their seats in 113. I'm tall so I don't really care but it affects other people's view. Once one person does, EVERYONE DOES IT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Acoustics at bmo are shite for most part and only found this out for the first time as was standing in 118 outside of my regular 113 section... I could hardly hear 111-112 - 113 from 118...and only now after 6 years i wonder why the atmosphere ends as far as 114 maybe 115....BMO needs a face lift bottom line and a roof..canvas ..anything.. would be a huge boost to our atmosphere!

Cant see it happening anytime soon..anyways
    This is important. On days where theres a little wind, we can't be heard at all. Last game I saw the North end doing the TFC chant, couldn't hear a word.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    Cartoonish over the top hostility and paranoia Cash? Cite my specific words that you feel are so, so I may respond to your blanket statement. Thanks.

We looked great on TV? The bottom 8 rows of 112 did fuck all - and anyone who begs to differ, by all means stand up and and be counted. Aside from FYR and maybe 1 or 2 people (being generous here imo) it was a morgue. Funny - it wasn't so long ago that all of 112 was liquid. You know what liquid is dude? Scarves, hands and jumping. Whole god damn section looked like a big happy fucking aquarium on 'roids. Now it's just a dying cesspool - only the dead fish sank to the bottom instead of floating to the top.
    It probably sounds like a blanket statement because it sums up almost the entire tone of your post. Though it was actually a question. Is there any particular reason for the cartoonish over-the-top hostility and paranoia?

Tell you what. Why don't you just fill us all in on your last game experience? Maybe give us a rundown on what you were doing on Saturday? Get it all out and in the open, so to speak. Give us something to maybe inspire us or look up to. And don't leave anything out, we want to know all the details. I'm sure we can all learn something, even if in the very least about yourself.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't address any of my points cash - quote one man go ahead and I will respond. If you want to sit there and deflect from the issues, I will do the same.

So how was your saturday evening? Tell me of your experiences sitting in front of your tv.