View Poll Results: What factor(s) would get you to renew your season tickets? (choose all that apply)

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • None. I'm done

38 17.19%
  • Tom Anselmi steps out of the reporting structure

76 34.39%
  • A price freeze

34 15.38%
  • A price decrease by at least 25%

145 65.61%
  • A big name Designated Player (ie. a Nesta)

24 10.86%
  • Mariner shows a marginal improvement (eg 7-9-7)

31 14.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    So do I and I enjoy the similar things to what you listed above, but personally, I can separate my need to watch football from my need to watch TFC.

I've never had seasons but I've always picked up a fair number of single game tickets within a year. Probably peaked around year three when I went to something like 15 games in total. It has been a steady decrease since then. I was hoping this year would be a good opportunity to go to a few more games and enjoy the availability of cheaper seats... never peaked my interest giving our poor form.

Beyond my own distaste for how we've played, I think part of the reason I've reduced my spend is that I've seen when so many un-happy people who have dealt with TFC at all levels. Players, coaches, fans, etc... this team has been a lightning rod for complaints and incompetence. In the end, if I decide I'll put up with this and continue to spend money regardless of how the team is run, I'm empowering MLSE to run the team the same way it has over the last six years.
    I, of course, would "prefer" the team I watch every week to be fantastic and always get results. But I know that's unrealistic, and its partly that I've NEVER followed an "always winning club". My mentality/reality is that when I become fan of a team I have to go through a lot of pain and get a few highs. I think that's the same for the majority of football fans too. Hardly any fans always have a winning team to follow (save for Man Utd, Barca and Real fans, maybe Celtic and Rangers (up until now!)).

I understand that TFC are putting up prices, and I'd love a winning club to go along with that. I may not be a "fighter" in terms of demanding a fantastic product, but I just realise/think that it takes a lot of time before YOUR club is a winning club.

Football is all about those small highs in among a lot of low points. It's all about that ONE cup run, and that ONE season when it all goes perfectly. And in between its a lot of watching hard football, shouting at the players and willing them to be better.

I followed my English team (where I was born and bred) for over ten season as a season ticket holder and watched them through ONE promotion season. Meanwhile they had 4 relegations (out of the football league altogether at one point!). So, I followed them, even though they sucked, and the owner was gauging the fans dry in the process. But I never waivered and kept going to the games.

Some might call me a sucker. But just the act of going to watch a football game in a stadium is like taking a drug, for me. I LOVE going. I LOVE shouting at the players and willing them on. I never EVER assume that "my team" is going to be a success. Part of the appeal of football is that its a massive amount of frustration building to that short orgasm of happiness (that cup win, that league win).

THAT is why I will always renew my season ticket! What I get out of game days is hard to put into words, really. And when I get addicted to a club, I won't ever back down and always go to the games. TFC are just a part of my life now as Oxford are back in England.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Go to
    -> Manage my tickets
    -> To the right of each opponent/Date you'll see a link for 'view history'
    -> On next screen there is a Confirmation # column, will have something like "Ticket Used"
    This is an interesting feature, never noticed it before. Unfortunately it seems to be very unreliable. I just checked: for many games where I know that all my tickets were used, it will only show one of them to be used. For other games, the information is correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You notice how quiet the FO is with CL, they announced that STH would get first crack at the Aug 1st and Aug 28th games, but didn't announce the prices yet. They are supposed to go sale tomorrow, yet haven't told anyone the price levels. I think they are scared to price them like before.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    You notice how quiet the FO is with CL, they announced that STH would get first crack at the Aug 1st and Aug 28th games, but didn't announce the prices yet. They are supposed to go sale tomorrow, yet haven't told anyone the price levels. I think they are scared to price them like before.
    like the fool I am , I am already bent over .... like coffee I'm having a hard time quitting......at least I'm realizing the champions league may be more interesting than league games
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I understand that TFC are putting up prices, and I'd love a winning club to go along with that. I may not be a "fighter" in terms of demanding a fantastic product, but I just realise/think that it takes a lot of time before YOUR club is a winning club.

Football is all about those small highs in among a lot of low points. It's all about that ONE cup run, and that ONE season when it all goes perfectly. And in between its a lot of watching hard football, shouting at the players and willing them to be better.
    I love your passion t-boy and I understand your sticking by the club no matter what.

I disagree with you on people dropping tickets because TFC are not a winning club. People are dropping tickets because TFC are unable to be even a mediocre club and FO can't seem to stay out of its own way. Half the teams make the playoffs in MLS, TFC have only been close to playoffs ONE time in 6 years. ONE year they were mid table.

MLS isn't like England and every team works within a manageable $3 million budget instead of spending only as much as the owners feel fit (making it a lot easier to be a bottom table club). TFC is the ONLY team in MLS history to not make the playoffs even once in its first 3 seasons never mind first 6.

Of all people Toronto sports fans understand that you can't win every year. However increased ticket prices while the team continues to break year one futility records does not gain loyalty from fans that have been more than patient.

By all means continue with your passion. If this team makes you happy don't let anyone stop you from doing your thing. This team though has given people every reason to walk away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    I love your passion t-boy and I understand your sticking by the club no matter what.

I disagree with you on people dropping tickets because TFC are not a winning club. People are dropping tickets because TFC are unable to be even a mediocre club and FO can't seem to stay out of its own way. Half the teams make the playoffs in MLS, TFC have only been close to playoffs ONE time in 6 years. ONE year they were mid table.

MLS isn't like England and every team works within a manageable $3 million budget instead of spending only as much as the owners feel fit (making it a lot easier to be a bottom table club). TFC is the ONLY team in MLS history to not make the playoffs even once in its first 3 seasons never mind first 6.

Of all people Toronto sports fans understand that you can't win every year. However increased ticket prices while the team continues to break year one futility records does not gain loyalty from fans that have been more than patient.

By all means continue with your passion. If this team makes you happy don't let anyone stop you from doing your thing. This team though has given people every reason to walk away.

There's a difference between the players failing you, and I think we all agree we get behind them, pick them up and support them back to success.

But ownership running roughshod on our pockets, just taking advantage of the market, proving to be clueless and incapable of what they've bought into...again, while destroying the culture with greed. Nobody is any less of a supporter of the badge or the players for not wanting to put up with that kind of incompetent fuckery.

I was a Ti-Cats SSH throughout the 90's. The team was broke, on the brink of moving and needed support. They were a team who made the term "cellar dweller" seem pleasant. But it wasn't as if they weren't trying to get it right. Trying to right the wrongs and yeah, it did pay off as they won a Grey Cup in 1999. Fast forward a decade and change and things are even brighter with a strong competitive side, better support and a new home in 2014.

But TFC? These assholes are not broke, not on the brink of moving and are pissing on support. They are a group who says they are trying to get it right, over and over and over, but clearly can't be arsed to straighten themselves out and only pass blame onto the lower ranks. How the fuck do you row a boat when everyone is paddling at a different speed, with different shaped paddles and the lieutenants are only thinking of how to become captain instead of getting the dickheads warring with each other on the same bloody page.

Our players are supposed to be a cohesive fucking unit when our commanders are not? The very men who dicate where our players play, what they do, who is even here.....aren't on the same page themselves?

IS IT NOT INSANE TO ANYONE, THAT OUR PRESIDENT (OR IN MY ANALOGY, CAPTAIN) HAS BASICALLY SAID...

"I'm the Captain of this ship. I don't know what a boat is, or how to steer it, hell I can't even fucking swim. I don't know who is best to row, who is best crack the whips, who should beat the drum or who is right to navigate. But I'm the fuckin Captain so the decisions are mine, tough shit."

Did this shit happen in all of these "tried and true supporter of random lower tier English clubs stories" too?
    Last edited by ryan; 07-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Did this shit happen in all of these "tried and true supporter of random lower tier English clubs stories" too?
    It most certainly does happen!

Oxford United were "saved" by Firoz Kassam. He's a multi millionaire Kenyan. He saved them from bankruptcy and built their new stadium. He sold the old stadium. That all seems like roses. But it wasn't. He built the new stadium with a fraction of its costs and built it in blue (oxford play in yellow!). He sold the old stadium for a massive profit. He then sold the football franchise and kept the stadium, so Oxford now don't have their own stadium. He now runs rugby in the stadium too, and the football team don't get a penny from its use. So, oxford, and its fans, are no better now than when they played in their old Manor Ground. Over the last ten season's Kassam took Oxford from the Championship to the Conference and almost out of business a few times, while he is making millions in the process. He built a multi screan cinema and hotel on the site of the football ground, and oxford don't see a penny of this profit either. Us Oxford fans have just had to sit back and watch it all happen. All the promise of saviour has turned into nothing.

And this is just one story of one team in the lower leagues. Stuff like that happens all the time, and the fans can't do anything about it other than watch their team go from a fairly decent league team, to out of the league or teetering on the brink of extinction!

Welcome to the world of football! lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: Who runs your soccer club then? Does he know what a soccer ball is?

My point is that we're being hosed, like your Oxford story, but IN ADDITION the guy building the club/players/etc is a fucking clueless moron knowing nothing about sports....has it ever been an "Ansemli" for Oxford? Do you get it from both ends or not?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Question: Who runs your soccer club then? Does he know what a soccer ball is?

My point is that we're being hosed, like your Oxford story, but IN ADDITION the guy building the club/players/etc is a fucking clueless moron knowing nothing about sports....has it ever been an "Ansemli" for Oxford? Do you get it from both ends or not?
    Kassam knows NOTHING about football! He is a hotelier! He bought the club while in the first division, and sold the footall part of the club when they were relegated to the conference! And he says that "was a success"! (a success in his terms means that the club made him a few million pounds, but from a footballing perspective, he left the club a pile of trash in the non league).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Anselmi steps down
    A price freeze
    A price decrease to year 3 or 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oxford United were "saved" by Firoz Kassam. He's a multi millionaire Kenyan. He saved them from bankruptcy and built their new stadium. He sold the old stadium. That all seems like roses. But it wasn't. He built the new stadium with a fraction of its costs and built it in blue (oxford play in yellow!). He sold the old stadium for a massive profit. He then sold the football franchise and kept the stadium, so Oxford now don't have their own stadium. He now runs rugby in the stadium too, and the football team don't get a penny from its use. So, oxford, and its fans, are no better now than when they played in their old Manor Ground. Over the last ten season's Kassam took Oxford from the Championship to the Conference and almost out of business a few times, while he is making millions in the process. He built a multi screan cinema and hotel on the site of the football ground, and oxford don't see a penny of this profit either. Us Oxford fans have just had to sit back and watch it all happen. All the promise of saviour has turned into nothing.

And this is just one story of one team in the lower leagues. Stuff like that happens all the time, and the fans can't do anything about it other than watch their team go from a fairly decent league team, to out of the league or teetering on the brink of extinction!

In terms of pricing tickets, where does Oxford sit relative to their league? What's he charging for that mess? And how much of a price increase is that in the past 6 years?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    In terms of pricing tickets, where does Oxford sit relative to their league? What's he charging for that mess? And how much of a price increase is that in the past 6 years?
    You can't really compare as they were relegated all the way down to the conference, so they were obviously cutting season ticket prices each season of relegation.

Forrtunately for MLSE/unfortunately for the fans, there is no relegation here, so the "popularity" of MLS doesn't diminish whenever you have a crappy team. MLS is in fact getting more popular, even if TFC are terrible on the field. I think if TFC were relegated MLSE definitely couldn't increase prices, could they?! (somebody is bound to say yes they would, JUST cos they are ML$E!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all... 1st time poster here. Been a season seat holder of 4 tix in 111 since day 1. In years 1 + 2 I wish I had more tix! Since year 3, it has been a struggle to give tix away, never mind sell. This year has been awful for me. Haven't been able to make many games due to work related travel. Many tix have gone to waste or were sold at significant discounts. I have to miss the next 2 games & figure I'll have to eat them as interest for weeknight games seems to be very low. Going forward, I think I'll need to reduce my tix to a pair from 4, as well, I expect a discount of some sort.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sibooo View Post
    Hi all... 1st time poster here. Been a season seat holder of 4 tix in 111 since day 1. In years 1 + 2 I wish I had more tix! Since year 3, it has been a struggle to give tix away, never mind sell. This year has been awful for me. Haven't been able to make many games due to work related travel. Many tix have gone to waste or were sold at significant discounts. I have to miss the next 2 games & figure I'll have to eat them as interest for weeknight games seems to be very low. Going forward, I think I'll need to reduce my tix to a pair from 4, as well, I expect a discount of some sort.
    Its sad, but a common story. Welcome to the boards though!
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the four seasons my brother and I share, I take about 1/3 to 1/2 of one of the pair. Last year and this year in particular, I have missed more matches than I have gone due to family commitments and I guess what I can best describe as malaise.

I don't watch as many TFC matches as I used to, and if I miss a match, it's no big deal.

The decision to renew will be my brother's but my decision on how many of those tickets I'll want will certainly be interesting next year. I'm leaning towards only a handful.
    ĄVamos Celta!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team can lose every fucking game, every single one. I will always renew, im never giving up my seats.
    not because of the squad on the field.
    but because of the fucking awesome people in the stands.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    How do you check if ur tickets have been used or not?
    You can select "history" from MANAGE TICKET and voila !!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    You can select "history" from MANAGE TICKET and voila !!
    As mentioned, this "history" feature gives very inaccurate information in my case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would prefer to watch a team whose fans aren't so naive about football

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    This team can lose every fucking game, every single one. I will always renew, im never giving up my seats.
    not because of the squad on the field.
    but because of the fucking awesome people in the stands.
    and once the awesome people in the stands are gone because of results on the field and overpriced tickets?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we just accept this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    and once the awesome people in the stands are gone because of results on the field and overpriced tickets?
    ... Silence... you will be able to hear a penny drop... but watch out because Tommy be all over that penny like a monkey on a cupcake... Supply and Demand, don't you know...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ actually they'll simply throw buckets of misplaced $ at god knows what,...( without repairing the organization,..hint FO,....like some star DP,...that will come to a disorganised team,....and be renamed the leafs..haha...to stagnate with a few stars and mostly hard workers or checkers,..to bad we don't have enforcers,..OMG, and remain perpetually at the bottom,..aka the leafs/tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will give up my seats until there is another ownership group in town

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiji_blue View Post
    I will give up my seats until there is another ownership group in town
    With the two biggest players in the Canadian entertainment industry (Rogeres and Bell) getting in bed together to buy MLSE there is no one else left. MLSE as a single entity is too big for most buyers to pick up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    would prefer to watch a team whose fans aren't so naive about football

So, go do it. I'm sick of people like you that want to insult the supporters of this team.

Go F off, and support whoever you like. Nobody cares.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that gets lost in the discussion is the additional costs involved for fans and supporters who live outside of the city centre. Just like with other teams or events, a large number of TFC followers often have to commute from the suburbs or other areas further out to catch a game in the city. For many of us, a TFC match at BMO Field is basically an entire day spent and our individual cost per game can be much higher than most others.

For example, here in Oshawa a GO ticket to Exhibition will set me back about 18 bucks and it takes over an hour to get there and the same amount of time to get back. And because my home isn't a short walk or TTC ride away, I have to eat in town and pay for food and drink from a vendor or restaurant. After a while, these costs and the time spent travelling to games add up greatly. Which is why I can't really blame some people who would rather stay home and watch games on the TV rather than go through the hassle and expense of travelling into the city for a game - especially if the team is doing particularly poorly.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing. I had them last season, dropped this year and very glad I did it. I've been to two games this season and maybe I'll make it out to a third. It's a fun day in the sun now, not really anything worth spending money on on a regular basis. I mean, these are the guys who raise ticket prices every single year no matter what, and expect us to pay, regardless of the very steep decline in results. Barcelona - arguably the world's best and most successful club right now - are not raising season ticket prices next year. Think about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still going to renew whatever. I love live football! I love TFC! I can't afford to go travel anywhere else for live professional football! TFC till I die!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Recommendations:

*Prices reset to Year 1 Levels
    *BMO Field Concession Changes - More Choice on Beer, Liquor, Food, Snacks (Another Crappy Carlsberg will drive me to the grave)
    *10% Discount on Concessions with Supporter Card
    *The club needs to make a concerned effort for fans to arrive early . . . so the clusterfuck that occurs in the first 20 minutes doesn't happen at every game
    *No more mid-season Euro friendlies
    *Fan-appreciation events, be creative, how many of the same pub crawl is TFC going to offer
    *Clean out the entire FO - - A company that has had 6 losing years in most situations has fired their CEO, CFO and CCO - - the same needs to happen here