View Poll Results: What factor(s) would get you to renew your season tickets? (choose all that apply)

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • None. I'm done

38 17.19%
  • Tom Anselmi steps out of the reporting structure

76 34.39%
  • A price freeze

34 15.38%
  • A price decrease by at least 25%

145 65.61%
  • A big name Designated Player (ie. a Nesta)

24 10.86%
  • Mariner shows a marginal improvement (eg 7-9-7)

31 14.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sexy boys dancing at halftime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No point in renewing, as it costs way too much money. I have front row seats and still can't get buyers for games I can't attend. (I refuse to sell them for the 50% off that all the buyers want) Which essentially means that anyone could get a seat anywhere whenever they want. Even scalpers are all selling tickets for waaaayyy below cost. I'm MUCH better off just buying tickets from numerous other sources, for only the games I want to attend, and for a fraction of the cost. TFC front office has really messed up big time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Hip Hop Dance Crew! I wasn't planning on renewing, but after seeing that before kick off, I'm in. I might even upgrade my seats.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ maybe we could play music when we are on D-Fence. clap clap clap. D-Fence.

On stoppages, maybe they could pan the crowd to show people having a good time in all the atmosphere or at least advise us that it is time to "Make Noise Now"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would renew my season ticket if TFC lost every game and conceded 500 goals a season. I love TFC and I'll always renew. End of story. TFC through and through. I bleed red and white.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why isn't there an option for those of us who would renew no matter what, just cos they love TFC and watching live professional football?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tommy A needs to step away from TFC and not be involved in any decision making capacity with the club moving forward.

MLSE recruits and hires an experienced football person to run and lead the club.

Free beer days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said I won't be renewing my half season package every year, and every year I've reluctantly done so. Coming in from Niagara, and having a ton of new expenses this year (wedding and what usually follows) I think this will likely be my last year. I'll still go, but on a game-to-game basis, as tickets are readily available. Taking a 50% hit on games that I cannot attend is no longer going to cut it -- sorry mlse, but if I'm going to donate to a charity, it sure as hell won't be you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Why isn't there an option for those of us who would renew no matter what, just cos they love TFC and watching live professional football?
    Because this is about people who feel TFC has taken advantage of their relationship with fans. This is about what they feel the club needs to do to rebuild that relationship.

People who renew regardless means TFC don't have to do anything. Thy can quite literally keep treating customers poorly, put out a shit product, and still make boat loads of money.

Oh, I guess I should add to my list that it would be nice if my ticket rep would return an email. Some basic customer service might be a good start to get paying customers to renew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haVE 4 SEASONS SINCE DAY 1 AND i WILL NOT BE RENEWING. eVEN WHEN i GIVE THE TIX AWAY FOR A GAME .. I CHECK ON ACCT MGR AND SEE THAT THEY HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN USED. I STILL SUPPORT TFC BUT TIX WILL BE EASY TO GET MOST GAMES FOR THE FORESEEABLE: BUT THE CONSTANT DISSAPOINTMENT AND THE POORER ATMOSPHERE NOW IS WEARING ME DOWN COZ I HAVE TO INVEST ABOUT 6 HOURS TO GET TO AND FROM GAME, SO ITS A LONG DAY OF DISSAPOINTMENT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not renewing has no bearing on me going to games.

Unless there is sharp uptake in demand on the secondary market I'll attend just as many games as I normally do, pay a fraction of what I do for my seasons, not throw money away for the tickets I can't use.

There have been almost entirely empty rows around where I sit now for the last 3 years, so I can still go enjoy game day with the folks in my section that I know (if they renew, which most I've talked to aren't).

For me - it's nothing more than the bottom line. Seasons are no longer a good value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would be happy to renew tickets at the same price as they are now if they did a big renovation on BMO field to make it one of the better stadiums in MLS. BMO could do with a major face lift. Otherwise if there is no plans for any renovations, i would like to see tickets dropped by at least 25%.

Also they have to get ride of Anselmi. Another major issue at TFC!
    Last edited by james; 07-01-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have two season tickets and will definitely not be renewing them. Pretty much for all the same reasons mentioned in these posts.

Bonus not to renew:

-I'm saving lots of money!
    -No more stress of trying to sell my tickets when I cant go.
    -I'll pick a few games to attend a year, and get to change seating areas every time.

Question:

Is it true that MLSE takes a 35% cut if they sell it on the TFC site? If it`s true, wow! They really don't give a shit about fans!! More reasons not to renew!
    Last edited by asterix606; 07-01-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would renew my season ticket if TFC lost every game and conceded 500 goals a season. I love TFC and I'll always renew. End of story. TFC through and through. I bleed red and white.
    Interesting tense you used - you would renew, ... if you had seasons... I don't believe that you bleed red and white, although it is clear that you are a Tom Anselmi apologist. You show no empathy for those who have put up with six years of MLSE shenanigans. You rip Plata when he is loaned out and tells the truth and says goodbye to everyone... bah! You say you will mindlessly renew your tickets forever - that's great, except that I do not believe that you have season tickets, nor have you have them since day one. Just my opinion, of course...

... Anselmi brought Mariner to the club as well as Winter! So, credit where credit is due, you have to give kudos to whoever (Anselmi) brought Mariner here right now!

It actually sounds like Plata is throwing the baby out with the bathwater here, and its nothing to do with Mariner! ... If I was his manager I would be saying the same things as Mariner right now.
    .... Mariner should discipline Plata for his public statements.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a point. The wording in the poll question doesn't necessarily make one think all the options would be negative but they are.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Interesting tense you used - you would renew, ... if you had seasons... I don't believe that you bleed red and white, although it is clear that you are a Tom Anselmi apologist. You show no empathy for those who have put up with six years of MLSE shenanigans. You rip Plata when he is loaned out and tells the truth and says goodbye to everyone... bah! You say you will mindlessly renew your tickets forever - that's great, except that I do not believe that you have season tickets, nor have you have them since day one. Just my opinion, of course...

T-boy has every right to voice his satisfaction in remaining optimistic as a long time supporter and your accusation of him lying about his being a STH is uncalled for and does little for the discussion.

We all have different tipping points. We all need to respect that.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dropping 2 of my 6 tickets, gonna save me about $2k.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably won't renew. don't need to. there's enough tickets available for every game.

the waiting list for tickets is gone. where'd the 24k go? were they ever there? did that many people get seats or lose interest? something is rotten in Denmark. i can be swayed with a couple of things, a discount and improvement in the FO.

they should throw in some swag too. how much would t-shirts cost? yes I want more than a scarf and a cheap ass container!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    I haVE 4 SEASONS SINCE DAY 1 AND i WILL NOT BE RENEWING. eVEN WHEN i GIVE THE TIX AWAY FOR A GAME .. I CHECK ON ACCT MGR AND SEE THAT THEY HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN USED. I STILL SUPPORT TFC BUT TIX WILL BE EASY TO GET MOST GAMES FOR THE FORESEEABLE: BUT THE CONSTANT DISSAPOINTMENT AND THE POORER ATMOSPHERE NOW IS WEARING ME DOWN COZ I HAVE TO INVEST ABOUT 6 HOURS TO GET TO AND FROM GAME, SO ITS A LONG DAY OF DISSAPOINTMENT.
    How do you check if ur tickets have been used or not?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    the waiting list for tickets is gone. where'd the 24k go? were they ever there? did that many people get seats or lose interest? something is rotten in Denmark!
    The whole problem with the waiting list, and something I've pointed out for a long time -- it's didn't cost a penny to be on the list, so a lot of people signed up. If it cost $1 and was refundable when you bought tickets, the list would have been cut into a fraction.

Also, it was well known that if you were on the list, and it was finally your turn to buy, the only tickets available to you were the most expensive ones in the stadium. You options were to buy them and try to move sections the next year, or pass on them and lose you place on the waiting list.

If the team's quality had imrpoved after the first year, then we might still have a waiting list, but with nothing but year after year of low quality product.....

I'll renew my tickets though. I'm here though thick and thin.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post

Section 113 row 15. Come find me! I have missed around 5 games in all TFC seasons. I have no idea why you doubt that I'm not a season ticket holder!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    How do you check if ur tickets have been used or not?
    Go to
    -> Manage my tickets
    -> To the right of each opponent/Date you'll see a link for 'view history'
    -> On next screen there is a Confirmation # column, will have something like "Ticket Used"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should offer a special discount to card carrying TFC Supporters

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am very much teetering on the edge on this one. The price just isn't as easy to justify anymore.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    The whole problem with the waiting list, and something I've pointed out for a long time -- it's didn't cost a penny to be on the list, so a lot of people signed up. If it cost $1 and was refundable when you bought tickets, the list would have been cut into a fraction.

Also, it was well known that if you were on the list, and it was finally your turn to buy, the only tickets available to you were the most expensive ones in the stadium. You options were to buy them and try to move sections the next year, or pass on them and lose you place on the waiting list.

If the team's quality had imrpoved after the first year, then we might still have a waiting list, but with nothing but year after year of low quality product.....

I'll renew my tickets though. I'm here though thick and thin.
    that's cause you work for them......

if I don't renew I'll just pick up tickets through the trader. they can't drive me completely out. but I'm not sure I want to give them money for seasons tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I am very much teetering on the edge on this one. The price just isn't as easy to justify anymore.
    I think it really depends on where you sit at BMO. I don't think I could justify paying anything more than I'm paying in the supporters section. I don't remember what I paid last season, but its $400 or less if I remember. Bit if I was sitting at the side and paying in the thousands, I wouldn't see the value in paying that kind of money.

I'm fortunate to have a supporters section seat and I will never give that up. If I was sat elsewhere it may be a different case though.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it really depends on where you sit at BMO. I don't think I could justify paying anything more than I'm paying in the supporters section. I don't remember what I paid last season, but its $400 or less if I remember. Bit if I was sitting at the side and paying in the thousands, I wouldn't see the value in paying that kind of money.

I'm fortunate to have a supporters section seat and I will never give that up. If I was sat elsewhere it may be a different case though.
    My seats are in Row 3 of section 112. Lowest price point in the stadium. Still having a tough time justifying paying for them given the amount of shit we've been fed.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the exact same position...

My tickets are fairly expensive though, dark grey, and its not so much the actual cost but the waste...

When demand is high and I have to miss a game, I could easily sell the tickets for face or even a little below so that my money wasn't wasted. Now, I have to give them away - so every missed match is $102 lost...

I love the club, love my seats, don't want to give them up - but with the low demand, and high number of empty seats, it becomes almost foolish to keep them (because I do miss a fair share of games due to work some summers)...

A few seasons ago I got a cold call from the Argos asking me to become a SSH again. I told them no b/c I couldn't justify paying for 8-games if I only made 5-games - and for those 5-games, there's 35,000 empty seats waiting for me to buy a ticket... One of the biggest perks of season-seats is being guaranteed a ticket - if the stadium is half-empty, you're still guaranteed a ticket... You no longer need to pay for that assurance...

I don't want to give up my seats, I really don't - but it might become a situation where I would be foolish to keep them, based on missing matches & the ready availability of game-day tickets...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My seats are in Row 3 of section 112. Lowest price point in the stadium. Still having a tough time justifying paying for them given the amount of shit we've been fed.
    there are few different "camps" that supporters are in as far as WHY they retain their season tickets.

I'm in the camp that goes to games irrespective of front office and club politics. I just love football and LOVE going to games. I try not to take any notice of what goes on in the front office and I certainly don't care about Anselmi or Cockrane or anybody else other than the first team squad and the manager of them. I go irrespective of result and I would chant and scream my head off at the first team as they play in front of me.

I know a lot of people are different to me, and CARE deeply about the front office politics and "what we've been fed". I'm just not into that. I don't think that makes me any less of a supporter than some people.

I can see WHY people would get offended/put off by the politics of the club, but I can also see why its best to sometime distance yourself from all that business. I love the on field play and I LOVE talking football tactics. That's why I go to BMO and that's why I love TFC - cos the tactics/formations/players side of things just turns me on (so to speak!).

I can also see why some (more fickle) fans would ONLY renew if TFC are a winning team. I'm not one of them, and I go if TFC are losing and winning, but I will enjoy it as much as anybody else when TFC have a good team and win something important (whenever that might be!).

So, really we are all in different camps as to why we are at the stadium, and why we are here (on a TFC forum) etc.

Really this poll could be "why do you have a season ticket?" and the answers would really show WHY people renew in the first place. Some people have a season ticket as they just love live football (like me), others because they want a winning team, others because they get involved with the club politics and front office stuff.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

t-boy, I actually agree with you on the winning front. For the longest time, I have been trying to avoid making any connection between winning and ticket prices. Fans that want an improved "product" to justify their seat prices are dangerous because that leads itself to the belief that winning will justify higher prices. Get set for some terrific playoff pricing boys and girls.. if we ever make it.

Ticket prices need to be a function of the market. Granted there is a local aspect to it but given this is a franchise in a single entity league, prices relative to other MLS clubs matters. If fans in one city pay nearly double or triple that of fans in other cities than you run into a perception of value.

While Leaf fans pay more than others, their "investment" is somewhat protected in that Personal Seat Licenses ensure that renewal rates will be high virtually every year. If they don't renew, they forfeit their PSL and future season tickets.

Here, high prices and declining service lead to a question of value. I'm in the same boat as many. If I can't go, I'm out cash. With kids in various soccer tournaments and games, the prospect of attending every match is dwindling. I can't find a buyer for my seats. Even at half price.

So, why not join the thousands and simply buy up seats that no one can use? At the very least, pay cost price on some of the 4,500 tickets that go unsold every game? I could attend the same amount of matches and pay half what I am paying now.

In essence, what many are doing is simply showing MLSE that prices need to be reset to the MLS average. I am prepared to pay half what I pay now and give up season tickets to buy from the exchange or redflagdeals or some other means. If MLSE resets ticket prices to the MLS average, they can instead have my money and may even create a full house in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the camp that goes to games irrespective of front office and club politics. I just love football and LOVE going to games. I try not to take any notice of what goes on in the front office and I certainly don't care about Anselmi or Cockrane or anybody else other than the first team squad and the manager of them. I go irrespective of result and I would chant and scream my head off at the first team as they play in front of me.
    So do I and I enjoy the similar things to what you listed above, but personally, I can separate my need to watch football from my need to watch TFC.

I've never had seasons but I've always picked up a fair number of single game tickets within a year. Probably peaked around year three when I went to something like 15 games in total. It has been a steady decrease since then. I was hoping this year would be a good opportunity to go to a few more games and enjoy the availability of cheaper seats... never peaked my interest giving our poor form.

Beyond my own distaste for how we've played, I think part of the reason I've reduced my spend is that I've seen when so many un-happy people who have dealt with TFC at all levels. Players, coaches, fans, etc... this team has been a lightning rod for complaints and incompetence. In the end, if I decide I'll put up with this and continue to spend money regardless of how the team is run, I'm empowering MLSE to run the team the same way it has over the last six years.