View Poll Results: What factor(s) would get you to renew your season tickets? (choose all that apply)

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • None. I'm done

38 17.19%
  • Tom Anselmi steps out of the reporting structure

76 34.39%
  • A price freeze

34 15.38%
  • A price decrease by at least 25%

145 65.61%
  • A big name Designated Player (ie. a Nesta)

24 10.86%
  • Mariner shows a marginal improvement (eg 7-9-7)

31 14.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What would get you to renew your season tickets?

Let's do MLSE's market research for them.

We all know the issues with this club. From Exec VP on down, the structure and resource allocation decisions are less than conducive to a Championship vision. Roster mis-management reigns supreme.

Ticket prices are nearly double the MLS average in most vantage points. In fact, most areas of the stadium are set at the highest in the league. If they aren't highest they are a close second.

If you are a performance minded individual the results just haven't been there....ever.

What factor(s) would you consider to be most important in your season ticket renewal decision. Choose all that apply:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No option for those of us who would renew no matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about if we miss the playoff are seats are free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fan base in our city is too knowledgeable to fall for any transparent attempts by the front office to bolster seasons ticket renewals.

The bottom line is, if TFC continues to improve and compiles a respectable record in league play from this point forward, seasons ticket renewals should be fine, assuming MLSE doesn't have the audacity to increase ticket prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first year pricing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Success on and off the pitch.

... and free shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prices are too damn high.

Anselmi in charge will never equal us becoming a top club for long stretches of time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not renewing without a price decrease. The market isn't there for me to sell my extras without taking a hair cut each time. I'm tired of being a part-time scalper for TFC's gain.

I seriously doubt MLSE lowers prices though. That simply is not the way they do business. If we are lucky they freeze prices.

Besides MLSE is reactive, not pro-active. They wouldn't lower prices until after they were certain the renewals tanked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a glutton for punishment renewing as long as i did. I can't justify renewing anymore.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A price decrease by at least 25% or full house cleanup starting with Anselmi.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- price decrease of 25% and price freeze for two years
    -- clean up of the front office
    -- no mid season friendlies for two years
    -- make sounth end general admission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I selected a 25% decrease, but honestly, my real answer is that seasons need to become a value again. I can get tickets when I need them at face of the ticket trader here, or on groupon or scalpers often below cost. I can't use all of my seasons in a given year, and the secondary market is more or less dead so I end up eating the cost of tickets.

It's a pure value proposition to me. I'll do the math closer to renewal, but I can't see seasons being worth it.

The other thing would be if they became a hot enough commodity that it would be tough to get into the stadium. But if that was the case - then seasons would move back into the value proposition again as my unused tickets would be in demand.

A DP would or an improved record alone would not convince me, as it would have little to no bearing on my ability to attend the same number of games I do now. Only if either or both changed the price equation.

Firing Anselmi - nope. That's only the first bit. The second bit is they'd need to do the right thing and put the right people into place to improve the club. They could just as easily put another incompetent in place. And again - hate to harp on it, but it's all about the value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playoffs.

Plain and simple. Since I know that isn't happening I'm done already so I guess nothing will get me to renew. I'm tired of the lies that come out of FO mouths. There is only one message that the big wigs will ever understand or take seriously and that message is not renewing and effecting their bottom line. Sucks but it's true.

Good luck to all those that do renew you all really deserve the best.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't see the poll using mobile.. anyway, this is a no-brainer : Anselmi has to go. It's simple. Me or Tom. One of us is leaving.

This town ain't big enough for both of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A missed option on this poll is marketing.

Stop marketing the team to baseball fans who are going to throw beer at our players, act like douchers and be detrimental to the supporter scene. I want soccer fans, TFC fans, at the matches. Especially in the south end.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want Anselmi gone from any position with the club. That's the Number 1 issue I've had for quite some time now and once him and the culture he has brought is gone, then we can start watching some soccer, rather than the endless soap-opera bullshit we've endured for half a decade. After that, an adjustment on ticket prices is a must. It's complete bullshit when Tom and Cesar talk about how TFC is well-priced "for the Toronto market" and, "according to demand". When you look at how much fans in the other MLS cities are paying and calculate all the ADDITIONAL PERKS like free friendlies, special club events, etc., it doesn't take long to see that we are getting a raw deal here in Toronto.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tommy boy must go. There can no longer be faith under his stewardship.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be doing away with my seasons at the end of the year. I've already missed heaps of games due to work (I work both weekdays and weekends) and moving tickets is about as easy as a Church St. hooker.

For today's game against the NYRB (Top team in the East Division) I had no takers with the ticket being reduced to nearly 50% off. In the end, I decided to pass the ticket on to an RPB member.

Truth be told, I'd rather spend my hard earned $ on other things than A) lose money B) watch poor football. I'll still be around next year, just not in the full season capacity. Your welcome ML$E.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dropped my seasons in year three knowing full well i wasn't going to have to worry about trying hard to get tickets anymore due to the insults they were putting on the field and the attitude the front office had even then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I want Anselmi gone from any position with the club.... After that, an adjustment on ticket prices is a must. It's complete bullshit when Tom and Cesar talk about how TFC is well-priced "for the Toronto market" and, "according to demand". When you look at how much fans in the other MLS cities are paying and calculate all the ADDITIONAL PERKS like free friendlies, special club events, etc., it doesn't take long to see that we are getting a raw deal here in Toronto.
    Unfortunately it is not complete bullshit - Tommy A. and Cesar are absolutely correct. After 6 years of incredible bullshit, incompetence and price gouging, the worst team in the world gets 18000+ paid attendance at the height of their losing streak. Apparently there are 4,000 supporters plus 14000+ idiots in T.O. who continue to pay for the pleasure of being hosed each and every game!. I can't explain it, but with almost 19000 paid seats, that means they are priced according to demand. Any franchise would kill for these numbers. Cash, you will never see the type of extras that other teams offer as long as MLSE is in charge - never. History speaks for itself.

What you are talking about and wanting is fairness - something an owner with a conscience or someone with a love/interest in football might do. The sociopathic MLSE corp will never, ever, even slightly resemble the type of ownership you desire.
    Last edited by tiberius; 06-30-2012 at 10:29 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ As many have said, demand has dropped noticeably, even if ticket sales are currently still OK compared with many MLS markets. The remainder of the "waiting list" was torched during the last off-season. More & more people are realizing that there is absolutely no risk to dropping seasons tickets: you can get tickets for any game that you want through a variety of channels, and you can sign up for seasons tickets again whenever you want. And I wouldn't bet on the announced "paid" attendance or number of season ticket holders anyway -- likely a variety of gimmicks there.

Therefore there is a real risk of demand & especially season ticket sales dropping much further, despite all the people that you so nicely label "idiots."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ As many have said, demand has dropped noticeably, even if ticket sales are currently still OK compared with many MLS markets. The remainder of the "waiting list" was torched during the last off-season. More & more people are realizing that there is absolutely no risk to dropping seasons tickets: you can get tickets for any game that you want through a variety of channels, and you can sign up for seasons tickets again whenever you want. And I wouldn't bet on the announced "paid" attendance or number of season ticket holders anyway -- likely a variety of gimmicks there.

Therefore there is a real risk of demand & especially season ticket sales dropping much further, despite all the people that you so nicely label "idiots."
    I agree with you - but MLSE will not be proactive - if paid attendance drop significantly, they will react - but only with the absolute bare minimum to try to rectify the situation. They don't care about after market demand - they are focused on paid seats, preferably "prepaid". As long as folk will pay a year in advance for seats they do not use, MLSE is not going to get too bent out of shape. Perhaps "idiot" is too strong a word - perhaps "way more money than me" would better describe those who regularly do not attend games that they have paid for... If I was wealthy, I would maintain a couple of nice pairs of tickets, regardless of how the team was doing... As you point out, the real risk is if MLSE has underestimated the angst in the fan base, and if that translates to a mass cough-up of Season tickets.

At this point I am starting to think that MLSE can actually get away with this unending circus year after year - an absolute ton of people are still buying season tickets - it sure seems like Tommy has the correct read on the buying public... he has so far, at least... I would like to see him get his comeuppance for squandering a beautiful thing but...
    Last edited by tiberius; 06-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless there is a significant price drop - i am done. I started with 4 went to 6 and now down to 2. Will still go and pick up tix along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some success on the field would help,

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets are readily available any game you want, on field play is weak most days and I can't sell unused seats most times like everyone else so not much reason to stay a STH. I voted for a price decrease in this poll but that is only a dream I think because it is not that simple in the business world when dealing with shareholders like MLSE do. It's all about increasing revenue for shareholders so not likely you will ever see a step backward. I can see them adding in more "incentives" before they decrease the prices. Right now there is no incentive really so it will be interesting to see what they do. Getting the team winning can help alot though. Look at the last NYRB game against DC. They were sold out which surprised me but I guess they are doing that more these days. When NY was trolling along the bottom of the table they had maybe 5000-10000 at the most for majority of games. Now they are at the top of the table and selling out games. That doesn't mean if we start winning I am all for a price increase or anything like that. I think they increased the prices enough for the next several years already. I think the best we can hope for with them is another price freeze but I am not holding my breath for anything better. This is actually the first year though that I am thinking about giving up my seats. I wanted it to be a father/son thing for years to come but I can still do that with pairs here and there. No need to be bent over a barrel for MLSE. Will make that call on the last day of the renewal period. Even if you are going to renew everyone should hold out until the last couple of days to see them squirm and hopefully make some proper changes. Again...not holding my breath.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 25% price reduction isn't enough for me. I need to be convinced that I won't be wasting my time and money. Only a stellar season from now on and Anselmi gone could change my mind.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi to go and the signing of a big star. Not a washed up, end-of-his-career European, but someone in the prime of their career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll renew at my current price point or less. No disrespect to those who feel differently, I still just like having a team to support and follow.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might drop one of my season seats.
    We'll see how things go.
    But too often I have gone to games solo and let my other ticket go to waste.
    Toronto really needs to have a strong finish to the year.
    And/or the signing of someone really special.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roof over the south end for projection of 1 voice. it might pull us back together.