View Poll Results: What would you do with JDG?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Petition for a 4th DP slot or try and vacate one to retain him as DP

1 0.56%
  • Sign him at a pay rate of 200K-300K (assuming he would)

82 45.81%
  • Sign him at a pay rate of 100K-200K (assuming he would)

58 32.40%
  • I would not resign him at any wage.

38 21.23%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: JDG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite frankly DeGuzman should not be faulted for taking a good contract to come back home. The DP designation in MLS is not working, we are getting washed up players on the way out of soccer coming here to play. In my opinion is Frings worth the 2.3 Million we are paying him, we could have Dwayne DeRosario back as an attacking mid fielder and he would do more, and not pay him as much (perhaps)? Amada Guevara was a steal of a player for us, there are good ML soccer players we should trade for who are as effective. The only DP I like is Kovermans, a young player with talent to grow. That is who we should be targeting DP positions for.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will never shit on the Dunfields, Gargans, Harmse's, Garcias or Lomabardos. I may have issue with management over their signing/development, but I don't question them giving it their all .

This is about players who think they can come here and disrespect the badge of the team I support by not giving to the best of their ability. JDG himself agreed with me outside gate 4 a game that his effort and play was lacking.

Julian. I was genuinely excited to have you here when you signed, despite many others arguing that you were a wasted DP slot. Mid table club Spanish La Liga player of the year. Came here still in what should have been your prime. I watched you fight tenaciously for every 50/50 ball for Canada and I always admired and respected you. Signed with TFC and since day 1 it just seemed like you didn't give a fuck. About your fitness, victory (any 10 year old knows you dont jump out of the wall), and responsibilities wearing the armband as captain, both on and off the pitch (curfew violations etc).

Don't rate him much higher than the Cunningham's, Roberts, Ruiz's. Honestly less so considering his wage.

Anselmi himself admitted in private long ago that his signing was a mistake... 'nuff said.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SiguenzaFC View Post
    To be fair to JDG, the team was put on his shoulders and it was unrealistic for us to expect him to lift the team by himself and here is why:

At Deportivo, he was the DM who would play simple passes and run his arse off in the field to get the ball back for the more offensive players to start the attack.

He was expected to play as a box to box midfielder, a jack of all trades, like Kyle Beckerman, who is a the best CM in the league IMHO.

Now that we have Frings, who is a more technically gifted passer, JDG is on the bench.

He has lost the pace that made him useful at Deportivo and looks second best in most challenges, if we re-sign him its because he will be a utility bench player who can mentor the next crop of players, and can eventually have a coaching role at the academy. Im not of the opinion of discarding old players, specially those loyal to the club and the city.
    First half of your post I agree with. The latter, no way. He is a mercenary who didn't earn his pay by a longshot. Mentor to younger players? What advice would he give? Play your ass off for a few years, go to Europe. Come home and cash a cheque?