Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I have to comment. The lack of respect that the Italian game gets by Anglo players is funny (particularly after the Euro's). That is why as an Italian raised with Calcio, I hope that the Impact do well, and pray for the day that an MLS team based in southern Ontario is build in the same tradition. After 6 years of all this mangiacake shit, on the filed, in the office, and the stands. I am done.
    Welcome back. We thought you were sharing a cell with Roogsy.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-05-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: deleted off-topic quote

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to comment. The lack of respect that the Italian game gets by Anglo players is funny (particularly after the Euro's). That is why as an Italian raised with Calcio, I hope that the Impact do well, and pray for the day that an MLS team based in southern Ontario is build in the same tradition. After 6 years of all this mangiacake shit, on the filed, in the office, and the stands. I am done.
    The "soccer establishment" in Canada is very Anglo-centric, that's for sure.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beach Red,

I was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beach Red,

I was.
    I thought you were done?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nesta is at Impact training today

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When they line up together, Koevermans will offer his hand to Nesta and say "Hi, i'm Danny, you might have heard of me. And you are??....."

That's right Alessandro. He's just THAT good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do appreciate you post, I enjoy good football, no matter where it is played, yes the Italian game is a great game, so is the English game, so is the German game, so is the South American game, I can go on and on, and name every country in the world, I had a post edited because I called a certain New York Red Bulls player a Green Amphibian, I personally take offence to the term mangiacake and ask that you apologize.

Cheers

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beach Red,

I was.
    No. You weren't. There is a difference and you know this.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaron Winter. Now a mangiacake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I do appreciate you post, I enjoy good football, no matter where it is played, yes the Italian game is a great game, so is the English game, so is the German game, so is the South American game, I can go on and on, and name every country in the world, I had a post edited because I called a certain New York Red Bulls player a Green Amphibian, I personally take offence to the term mangiacake and ask that you apologize.

Cheers
    Seriously?

Over the six years, there are so many slags thrown at Italians, and there is never any action taken. Now you expect me to apologize?

Derko, to be clear, I am not about to get into a personal back and forth with you. That is not the intent of my prior post, or this one. It was simply my true sentiment. I may be banned but I will never stop speaking openly and freely. I believe in open discourse.

I have to say this, the point is also not that Italian football is the best. The point is that that is the game I love and I grew up wit. I love AC Milan, Seria A, and the Azzurri. As I have always complained about in a city were probably the largest single group of supporters shares my footy backgrounds, this club has done very little for us. That is their right, and for most on these boards that is a good thing. But you are excluding a large part of this city and this region by doing this.
    Last edited by trane; 07-05-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously?

Over the six years, there are so many slags thrown at Italians, and there is never any action taken. Now you expect me to apologize?

Derko, to be clear, I am not about to get into a personal back and forth with you. That is not the intent of my prior post, or this one. It was simply my true sentiment. I may be banned but I will never stop speaking openly and freely. I believe in open discourse.

I have to say this, the point is also not that Italian football is the best. The point is that that is the game I love and I grew up wit. I love AC Milan, Seria A, and the Azzurri. As I have always complained about in a city were probably the largest single group of supporters shares my footy backgrounds, this club has done very little for us. That is their right, and for most on these boards that is a good thing. But you are excluding a large part of this city and this region by doing this.
    I know and trust me Trane I'm not thin skinned, and yes I know there has been an awful lot of Slagging the Italian Game, especially in Southern Ontario, lets say Ontario in general and i do get your point, I was just having an off-moment so to speak, hope you can bear with it.

cheers man Just want to watch and enjoy GOOD FOOTBALL, as you do

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still trying to figure out how Italian football is being slagged? Am i missing something? I'm from Ireland. We were playing Italian football. We just didn't have the players to pull it off.

How did this turn into an Italian thing? Because one disgruntled guy is making it so? I guess as an "anglo," i have to take the xenophobia from him, because that's what we do.

And when did it become a bad thing to enjoy eating cake?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know and trust me Trane I'm not thin skinned, and yes I know there has been an awful lot of Slagging the Italian Game, especially in Southern Ontario, lets say Ontario in general
    im not too sure why the italian game gets such a bad rap in ontario, or even the international community. personally i thought italy was the most entertaining side to watch during the tournament, that plus i found everyone else incredibly underwhelming and undeserving of the hype that was being touted. anyways, trane, i distinctly recall a user (name withheld) being infracted for saying players were "diving like a bunch of italians" during a recent match. if something comes up, flag it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Welcome back. We thought you were sharing a cell with Roogsy.
    hahaha. it's funny because you're describing events!!
    Last edited by __wowza; 07-05-2012 at 02:46 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously?

I can't speak for 6 years of moderating but I will for 2 seasons- No one has complained about racism against Italians. Please report it if you come across any. Slagging a race is not slagging a type of football played predominantly by a country.

You don't like a certain style of football used predominantly by a country? FINE. Use the proper term to describe it. Just because that term isn't deemed offensive by most, it's intention is to offend. Leave it out. The equivalent slang from Anglo to Italian would never be tolerated. And shouldn't be.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oi ! Bickering Bickersons ! Take this stupid shit to PMs or something.

I get this type of nonsense at home - I don't need it here as well.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post

Got it!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post

You get THIS type of bickering at home?? Some strange dinner conversations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    i agree with red
    if you're going to be a part of a group, and then call out another group, you better be ready to accept said people of that group may very well never both to listen to you ever again?
    just sayin
    Please don't try to bring in group vs. group BS into this conversation.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post

I wonder if TFC ever really considered him or if he ever considered TFC?

Ah well...sounds like a good deal. No DP tag for this year and I can only assume a DP tag next season and a boatload of money but no long term commitment for an aging star.

I'd have taken him here in a heartbeat. Not sure how receptive he'd be to being told to play 90% of the balls from his feet 40 yards downfield though.

Being a Milanista I can't help but wish him well (except when he plays TFC..LOL)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Ah well...sounds like a good deal. No DP tag for this year and I can only assume a DP tag next season and a boatload of money but no long term commitment for an aging star.
    Would be logical, but the article states that it is an 18 month contract and that the contract will not be stamped as a DP contract. Not sure how they pulled that one off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Would be logical, but the article states that it is an 18 month contract and that the contract will not be stamped as a DP contract. Not sure how they pulled that one off...
    I figured that meant that he won't have a DP tag this year.

I can only guess that they'll pay him max non DP money for the remainder of the season and make him a DP next year

Who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know and trust me Trane I'm not thin skinned, and yes I know there has been an awful lot of Slagging the Italian Game, especially in Southern Ontario, lets say Ontario in general and i do get your point, I was just having an off-moment so to speak, hope you can bear with it.

cheers man Just want to watch and enjoy GOOD FOOTBALL, as you do
    I am also not thin skinned, despite how it may appear. As I said I just tend to say what I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gazza, Red-Coat, Wowza,

If someone said something about Italians, that I found offensive, I would not report it, but simply discuss the issue. I am all for open conversation whatever, the subject.

Gazza, I was just responding to another post, and again despite how it may appear, I am only disgruntled as to how disappointing this club has been in all aspects. To be fair I will not use the term again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have taken him here in a heartbeat. Not sure how receptive he'd be to being told to play 90% of the balls from his feet 40 yards downfield though.

Being a Milanista I can't help but wish him well (except when he plays TFC..LOL)
    LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Nesta. He is a great CB well beyond anyone in this league, when healthy he is still a world class CB, top 10 at least, only Matteo Ferrari can play anything like him. He has been with Milan for a long time, and he has given it his all, when healthy he has been outstanding, including against Barca, but he is old and injury prone so he is a risk. I think that due to age I would take Ferrari over him. Both make you the best defense in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I met him at a team function in 2007, he said he had family in the DC area, but I see what you are saying in his wiki, he's clearly from LA.

I actually think Edu's style of play is best suited to the Bundesliga.
    Several French first div clubs have been after him for a few seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Nesta. He is a great CB well beyond anyone in this league, when healthy he is still a world class CB, top 10 at least, only Matteo Ferrari can play anything like him. He has been with Milan for a long time, and he has given it his all, when healthy he has been outstanding, including against Barca, but he is old and injury prone so he is a risk. I think that due to age I would take Ferrari over him. Both make you the best defense in the MLS.
    Montreal needs all the help they can get in that regard, as they have the league's worst goals against. It will be interesting to see if that CB pairing can stay healthy. So far, Montreal has had bad luck keeping their Serie A recruits in the lineup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This cracked me up. Just thinking of Nesta and Frings in the middle of the field watching the ball sail over their heads from Kocic to Koevermans and back again. Dunfield shouting "You two have a rest, we can handle things from here." haha

But you'd have to think a CB like Nesta would help the transition from D to Mid quite smoothly. What's Franco Beresi doing these days?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Watching KC vs. Mtl right now... not sure if this is news but they've said Nesta was offered a 2 year contract by Mtl and it's gone to the league for approval. Funny how their front office doesn't act like a bunch of naive idiots prior to the deal going through.

In other news: attendance in Montreal leaves much to be desired.
    And until they start winning it will be low. Only in Toronto can you lose for 6 years and still fill the joint. And that 12K crowds are pushing the Impact to bring in players and start winning.

There is something to be said about staying away..