Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I figured that meant that he won't have a DP tag this year.

I can only guess that they'll pay him max non DP money for the remainder of the season and make him a DP next year

Who knows.
    DeRo makes over 600k this year with no DP tag and a max cap hit of 335k. Anything is possible in a league with magic allocation money that is never disclosed.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

press conference going on right now (started at 1pm) ; http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...ess-conference
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

curiously the host site just ran some highlights of him scoring goals in Italy... I should have thought it would have been more appropriate to show him stopping world class stikers in their stride and standing over them as they wept after being knocked to the ground.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    curiously the host site just ran some highlights of him scoring goals in Italy... I should have thought it would have been more appropriate to show him stopping world class stikers in their stride and standing over them as they wept after being knocked to the ground.
    He'll just look at Landycakes and make him cry. But that's another story. This is the only signing in the MLS that i have truly been jealous of so far.

Habs get Colby Armstrong, but the Limpact manage to get Nesta. I need a drink...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/...icket%20prices

The Impact were so perplexed about the erratic attendance figures in their MLS expansion season that they conducted Twitter and Facebook surveys to find out why there were so many empty seats in their 20,000-seat stadium. They found the chief obstacle for fans was high prices for top-end tickets.
    The club drew 58,912 to its home opener against Chicago on March 17 at Olympic Stadium and 60,860 when David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy visited on May 12. Other games at the Big O drew about 20,000.
    But since moving back outdoors to Saputo Stadium, they have attracted 17,112 against Seattle, 12,357 for Houston and a disappointing 14,412 for Di Vaio's debut against Toronto FC on June 27. Only 12,085 watched their 3-1 loss to Kansas City on Wednesday night.
    At the start of the season, tickets were priced at $25, $38, $57 and $85 before taxes. Most tickets will be cut by $10-$12, but there are new promotions -- $20 or $30 for groups of four or six -- as well as new student rates between $15 and $25.
    The club had estimated average attendance to be 17,000 at Saputo Stadium in the first year. Club president Joey Saputo expressed his worry with attendance so far, stressing the importance of filling the venue.
    He said the club won't be in financial trouble, but he's concerned that empty seats may affect how the team is perceived in the soccer world and hurt the Impact's capacity to attract future international stars.
    "I'm not worried about the financial standpoint," he said. "I'm more worried about the image the club gives to the rest of the league and internationally.
    "We were able to meet with and offer great players the possibility of coming to Montreal," he said, adding that he's had success attracting players by showcasing the team's large crowds in recent seasons." That was a great calling card for us and I don't want to lose it."
    The Impact, who have about 8,000 season ticket holders, began the season without a designated player to help sell tickets, but were at work from the beginning to find one.
    this is one proactive FO. MLSE take note
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here a good one,it was a light conversation when this info came out,from a person withing ML$E/TFC organization who BTW is embarrassed by our own TFC FO.

Nesta was ready to sign with TFC,he wanted to sign with TFC,and for LESS money than with Montreal.
    He asked for $150K this year and $700K next year,he got $250K from Montreal this year and not sure how much for next.

Only reason why Nesta did not signed with TFC is that F*%$#NG TFC FO NEVER CALLED BACK

Even if TFC was working on or have already close the deal with Mellberg at that time,at least call back and say no thanks we have different plans for our future.

Now you can take this info with grain of salt,I really don't care I just wanted to share with you guys how unprofessional some people at TFC FO are.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FO's actions reek of arrogance. Did they really think he would keep calling or remain unsigned and wait by the phone?

Thanks for posting!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Here a good one,it was a light conversation when this info came out,from a person withing ML$E/TFC organization who BTW is embarrassed by our own TFC FO.

Nesta was ready to sign with TFC,he wanted to sign with TFC,and for LESS money than with Montreal.
    He asked for $150K this year and $700K next year,he got $250K from Montreal this year and not sure how much for next.

Only reason why Nesta did not signed with TFC is that F*%$#NG TFC FO NEVER CALLED BACK

Even if TFC was working on or have already close the deal with Mellberg at that time,at least call back and say no thanks we have different plans for our future.

Now you can take this info with grain of salt,I really don't care I just wanted to share with you guys how unprofessional some people at TFC FO are.
    If thats what Our clown show of a front office did to one of the classiest defenders of all time, we lack decorum.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just wow.

I thought you were supposed to call

no you,

Hey, wasn't that Earl's job?

No he is the Director of Excellence, you are the Director of Awesomeness, clearly, calling agents back is part of the Awesomeness portfolio.

Well I still think that Earl, as the Director of Continuous Improvement on Matters not related to Awesomeness and Excellence, should have let someone know what Nesta was expecting a call back.

... speaks volumes doesn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^LOL^ Somehow, no matter how bad our FO is, you guys always make a miserable situation that brings me down into a situation I can smile at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Just wow.

I thought you were supposed to call

no you,

Hey, wasn't that Earl's job?

No he is the Director of Excellence, you are the Director of Awesomeness, clearly, calling agents back is part of the Awesomeness portfolio.

Well I still think that Earl, as the Director of Continuous Improvement on Matters not related to Awesomeness and Excellence, should have let someone know what Nesta was expecting a call back.

... speaks volumes doesn't it?
    Haha. Great post.
    BTW.. could someone tell me something that Earl Cochrane has been involved with in the FO that hasn't ended up turning to shit?

How the hell can this dude keep his job?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gutted to hear this, Nesta would've played a big role here and was much needed. As far as TFC FO is concerned, they always have been and unfortunately clearly still are in way over their heads with the management of this football club....Gutted...Can't believe we lost Nesta, due to a non-call back...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is true, and i suspect it is, This FO is a Fucking Joke and should all be walked out the door on monday.

This is exactly like getting a date with a model and staying home to jerk off instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that they didn't call back because they didn't want him. Which wouldn't surprise me for these clowns.

I don't blame Nesta for going to Montreal one bit. What the hell would he have done here when his coach tells him to waste every ball up field?

I'm a Milanista and I'm glad he didn't come because it would be just too cruel. One of my favourite players finally comes to Toronto and just when they start playing a style that makes me not wanna watch them anymore.

LOL...the footballing Gods would have been cruel for that.

I'm glad he didn't come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Haha. Great post.
    BTW.. could someone tell me something that Earl Cochrane has been involved with in the FO that hasn't ended up turning to shit?

How the hell can this dude keep his job?
    Oh come on, that's hardly fair to Earl. He was totally going to get to that Nesta contract response thingy, right after he finds the paper in the fax machine for Dero's Celtic loan and finalizes Jao Plata's loan agreement. It'll be done any day now!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understatement of the year? A roadshow circus would do a far better job at running this club than the current "professionals" in place. Sad but true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your not going to sign him then atleast have the decency to say you have changed your mind. I just dont care anymore and nothing suprises me about the FO, if this were the leafs the media would have Burke on a stake by next day and subsequently fired. This is TFC, treated as a houseleague organization with no professionalism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now watch us go out and get McKenna and pay him $250K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure who the bigger idiot is, Anselmi or Cockring. They both need to be shit canned if this organization is ever going to have a chance at success.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Oh come on, that's hardly fair to Earl. He was totally going to get to that Nesta contract response thingy, right after he finds the paper in the fax machine for Dero's Celtic loan and finalizes Jao Plata's loan agreement. It'll be done any day now!
    LMAO