Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't they save the "Help coming to TFC?" story for tomorrow after tonight's match? Whatever. I'll be happy for it but it still seems a long way off with 2 games to go before the window's open. Every game counts for Mariner.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

full time kool-aide drinker. .

OH YEAAHHH!

NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC coach Paul Mariner calls him a "difference-maker." Montreal coach Jesse Marsch marvels at his attacking skills.

The fans will get to see former Italian international Marco Di Vaio for themselves Wednesday night as the Impact (5-8-3) host Toronto (1-10-2).
    TFC is gonna get killed.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post

OH YEAAHHH!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Convinced that Mariner is better at spin than Winter's Dutch/Honest approach.

Winter said "we need better players"

Mariner says "we are young"

On that last point, if we are to believe the spin that Winter ruled with an iron fist and Mariner was unable to influence roster, we then have to believe that when Winter said "We need better players" he was essentially throwing himself under the bus.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Convinced that Mariner is better at spin than Winter's Dutch/Honest approach.

Winter said "we need better players"

Mariner says "we are young"

On that last point, if we are to believe the spin that Winter ruled with an iron fist and Mariner was unable to influence roster, we then have to believe that when Winter said "We need better players" he was essentially throwing himself under the bus.
    Alternatively, Winter may have had unrealistic expectations regarding the general calibre of players that he and/or Mariner would be able to sign to fill out a MLS roster that would be able to effectively execute his preferred tactical approach on a consistent basis.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Alternatively, Winter may have had unrealistic expectations regarding the general calibre of players that he and/or Mariner would be able to sign to fill out a MLS roster that would be able to effectively execute his preferred tactical approach.
    and that's why Mariner in order to help his boss Winter signed Aceval,Caceido and Iro.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning..

Oh my god, larson throwing winter under the bus again.. Winter failed in getting a cb in the last 18 months, apparently Mariner had nothing to do with it.. Is Larson on the TFC payroll now? What a joke, now the T.O. Media is spinning things for ML$E..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    Morning..

Oh my god, larson throwing winter under the bus again.. Winter failed in getting a cb in the last 18 months, apparently Mariner had nothing to do with it.. Is Larson on the TFC payroll now? What a joke, now the T.O. Media is spinning things for ML$E..
    Check Larson's twitter from yesterday,not only he is throwing winter under the bus,but he loves Mariner so much that his whole head is in Mariner's ass,that he can't see the reality from fiction anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Check Larson's twitter from yesterday,not only he is throwing winter under the bus,but he loves Mariner so much that his whole head is up his ass.
    Well thats apparent.. At the bottom of his column he's justifying Frings being pulled in Saturdays game, calling him 'ineffective'.. Really ineffective? I thought he was pretty effective as the reds were up 2-0 when he got subbed out...

On a side note according to Larson we'll be seeing Emory in for Henry tonight.. I don't think that will help our chances tonight either..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With each successive meeting more intense than the last, chemistry and unity could play a big role in shaping the outcome of the fourth edition of the “401 Derby.”
    whose calling it the 401 derby?
    i much prefer the plains of abraham!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Shouldn't they save the "Help coming to TFC?" story for tomorrow after tonight's match? Whatever. I'll be happy for it but it still seems a long way off with 2 games to go before the window's open. Every game counts for Mariner.
    i thought i heard the window opened earlier this year - today in fact.

Can someone confirm the window date?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen Di Vaio play in a few years. How is he these days, has he dropped off a lot with age yet?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't the window opening today, and that's why MDV can play for Montreal today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    whose calling it the 401 derby?
    i much prefer the plains of abraham!
    the 401 is only in Ontario so it would be the Macdonald–Cartier derby or the 401-20 derby!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe they are not happy with the pitch at their $20M facility. You would think that is one thing they would get right with all the press about it and how they are going to be leading edge. Maybe they need better workers....or maybe they are just young....depends who you talk to I guess around TFC.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Isn't the window opening today, and that's why MDV can play for Montreal today?
    Yup:

27 June – 27 July

1 Month for the chase.

Chase of our tails mayble, hahaha.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yup:

27 June – 27 July

1 Month for the chase.

Chase of our tails mayble, hahaha.
    Well then announce away, TFC. Now is the time...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I agree, focus on the next two games, at least out in the public, then come Sunday try to make something happen with some additions to the roster.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Winter and Mariner were hired this is what the press release said:

"Paul will be responsible for our club’s scouting, player acquisition, player development and our Academy,”

Larson is giving him a complete free ride on the player acquisition, saying this job description sounded like a catch-all and he wasn't really responsbile for it. If that were the case, given that Rongen was responsbile for the academy for quite a while, Mariner I guess was doing nothing. He obviously wasn't scouting either, or he may have known Aceval is shit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Just a totally wild guess here. Maybe Mariner was more in charge of player acquisitions early during the Winter/Mariner era..? But after he found us Andy Iro and some other early failures, his responsibilities were reduced..?

For the life of me, I can't imagine that Winter or BDK would have been the ones to find Andy Iro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the Larson article to see what the reaction in the comments would be. I was satisfied.

and anyone who's freaking out about Montreal's new striker needs to be reminded that we have the best player in the league
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/castrol/index

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thats apparent.. At the bottom of his column he's justifying Frings being pulled in Saturdays game, calling him 'ineffective'.. Really ineffective? I thought he was pretty effective as the reds were up 2-0 when he got subbed out...

On a side note according to Larson we'll be seeing Emory in for Henry tonight.. I don't think that will help our chances tonight either..
    And I if you go to that page again you will see some guys already replied to his shit article,very funny.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Can't believe they are not happy with the pitch at their $20M facility. You would think that is one thing they would get right with all the press about it and how they are going to be leading edge. Maybe they need better workers....or maybe they are just young....depends who you talk to I guess around TFC.
    That pitch complain is just lame excuse.

The field they practiced is Downsview park field not TFC 1st team grass field,Downsview park field is on the east side of the complex and totally exposed,and beside the landing strip,new and still not finished 1st team grass pitch will be finished by august.
    TFC 1st team grass pitch is south from new facility and will be partially protected from North winds,south from that field is Bombardier hangar.

So our TFC 1st team is PRACTICING ON THAT FIELD ALMOST 2 MONTHS and now all of the sudden it's the problem?

It is a problem if you practice looooong balls all the time,but if you teach your team possession game,wind doesn't matter,ball is on the ground anyway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post

OH YEAAHHH!

I'm guessing it's not just kool-aid in that glass of yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Frings, but he was was absolutely brutal on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    And I if you go to that page again you will see some guys already replied to his shit article,very funny.
    Hmmm. Who is "Legioen?"

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Alternatively, Winter may have had unrealistic expectations regarding the general calibre of players that he and/or Mariner would be able to sign to fill out a MLS roster that would be able to effectively execute his preferred tactical approach on a consistent basis.
    Not sure I follow.

If Winter had exclusive control over roster, then to claim that they need better players (when he said this in 2012) after a massive roster overhaul would be a damning comment on his ability to sign the right guys. I know he is Dutch and honest but I don't think he is naive.

I don't know if Larson is in Mariner's camp. What it sounds like to me is that Mariner and those associated with him are feeding a number of lines for the media to distance themselves from the truth. He may simply be reporting what he has heard.

To me, it just doesn't add up.

At the end of the day that's unacceptable. Not because I want him fired. For the record, 100% I don't want that to happen. It's unacceptable because it tries to erase the line that connects the previous 19 months from the previous 5 years and in doing so attempts to erase the line to our leadership.

We need to be vigilant and not allow pressure to be relieved simply because of the fact he is a "new coach" and "needs time." He had time. 19 months. Anselmi had even more time. Almost 6 years. Not working. Change it.