Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    So Hassoun Camara gets nothing extra for the kick to Hall's face?
    I didn't think that had any malicious intent
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I didn't think that had any malicious intent
    That's true, no malicious intent, but extremely dangerous and reckless. Hall was in Camara's field of vision before Camara went up for the ball, making it an even more reckless play. Also, "malicious intent" isn't necessary for supplemental discipline. The relevant text:

Where the referee sees an incident and either does not act, or rules only a foul or only a yellow card (i.e., anything other than a red card), the Committee will not in general issue a suspension, unless:
    • The play in question is, in the unanimous opinion of the Committee from all available video evidence, a clear and unequivocal red card; AND
    • The play in question is of an egregious or reckless nature, such that the Committee must act to protect player safety or the integrity of the game.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary
    Certainly the play was of an egregious and reckless nature, and I feel the Committee should have acted to protect player safety. I'm not going to review the latest interpretation for a red card, but perhaps the committee would argue the first paragraph doesn't apply -- i.e., not a clear and unequivocal red card in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to MLS for tacking that game onto Bernier for that reckless tackle. Slowly but surely, that will get the mens league element out of the equation.

That last thing this league needs is a bunch of Brian Mullens running around endangering the talent.