Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to chime in as well. there was a group in front of us in the southeast corner, pretty much EXACTLY the folks shown in that promo video. they had a large group, and had about 10 seats in each of 2 rows back to back. the girls in the lower row stood with their backs to the game 90% of the time, while the guys yelled stuff like "get up, you're shit!" to our own players constantly.

also notable were the strange looks from some when people used naughty words in reference to the game, ref, whatever. it was a real sideshow for them... imagine going to a sporting event, and taking pictures/video of THE CROWD. not a tifo, or a banner, just supporters watching and reacting to the game.

the regulars around us have slowly disappeared making way for big swaths of doucheass tourists. its bad and getting worse up in the stands and its driving day 1 supporters out. sad state of affairs, and the golden goose may be taking its last breaths.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm angry at the team next time, I'm going to get a $20 bill out my wallet and throw it at the players! That will really hurt them!

(next tme, "fan" who threw the beer...just drink the beer or don't waste your money buying it in the first place!).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I don't condone beer throwing, I'm more alarmed that our own supporters are heckling / throwing objects at our capos. WTF is that all about? Wowza, I got the impression that you were the one who was heckled / had something thrown in your direction. Was this the case? If so, I'd recommend that the RPB execs and/or membership keep a lookout as ANY individual (RPB or NOT) who heckles / throws an object in the direction of a capo should be either spoken to and/or removed from that section.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfan2011 View Post
    just to chime in as well. there was a group in front of us in the southeast corner, pretty much EXACTLY the folks shown in that promo video. they had a large group, and had about 10 seats in each of 2 rows back to back. the girls in the lower row stood with their backs to the game 90% of the time, while the guys yelled stuff like "get up, you're shit!" to our own players constantly.

also notable were the strange looks from some when people used naughty words in reference to the game, ref, whatever. it was a real sideshow for them... imagine going to a sporting event, and taking pictures/video of THE CROWD. not a tifo, or a banner, just supporters watching and reacting to the game.

the regulars around us have slowly disappeared making way for big swaths of doucheass tourists. its bad and getting worse up in the stands and its driving day 1 supporters out. sad state of affairs, and the golden goose may be taking its last breaths.
    the golden goose is dead my friend.
    i mentioned it during the original town hall, and i mentioned it again..

(in response to being called a "vocal minority")
    we've been put on the ads, we've been touted as part of the gameday experience, danny and our former captain have called us the 12th man, you show us on screen when we score, you show us on screen when we're scored on, DON'T EVER CALL US THE VOCAL MINORITY.

they want to sell a "gameday experience" then give us a reason to bring the gameday experience. i had people asking to take a photo with me because i was on the capo stand for the last game, after we gave up TWO GOALS for a loss. these are the people MLSE is catering to now. if they gave us a reason to sing, the experience would sell itself. you'd find less people complaining about the owners and more supporters in the stands if we were losing and still buying tickets at year 1 prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's just disgraceful what that hooligan did with that beer and all. Kocic played his heart out, it kinda was his teammates that let him down at the moment. He knows they security can't do much now the game is over so I don't what the purpose is to throw a plastic beer cup on the field would do. I was more interested in watching the police taking positions beside the referees, thinking the fans would charge the field and take a run at the refs.