Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried to post a response on the youtube site but it won't let me, maybe in hind sight I should have posted first then disliked the video.
    Oh well, here is what I tried to post anyway, the grammer might be a little off but I'm still steamed.
    It's probably the first TFC video that I have ever disliked, and I'm an easy going guy.

Why are you doing this to us? Spend that money and effort that your commercial cost you on scouting, coaches, trainers and upper management . Build a better team, then you don't have to embarrass the supporters with this silly commercial.
    Winning on all fronts, field, management and supporters is needed, you can't remove any one of them or it will all come tumbling down.
    We need a CLEAR vision from the top down and I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty lame.

But they are going to do whatever they can to sell tickets. They've done the authentic football attempt. That's no longer doing it for them, now we have lame fake videos. Next up - hotdog deals for family's and cheerleaders.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    So like, me and my friends we like, totally went to see TFC. And my friend jennifer was all like "uh, I don't even know what's happening, this game is stupid" and I was all like, shut up, this is like so much fun. There were these cute guys there and I totally got one of them to give me his scarf (OMG) then he totally like gave me some Smirnoff Ice and I was like drunk. and I was all like Whoooooooo hahah, it was so fun. And then the crowd was all like Fuck you Ref, because I guess some guy like fell down or something. I didn't even know what was happening but it didn't matter because it was so rad. Then there was like this guy in the stadium with like no shirt on and I was like woah, crazy. he was like super hardcore fan dude. I went into his section and took pictures - he was waving his scarf and it was sooooo crazay.

TFC games are like, super fun, because you don't have to watch the game and you can totally meet hot boys and get really drunk and just go crazy.

Its so much super fun. I love it.

Signed - some 18 year old broad.
    oh god i lol'd.
    you forgot about the part where they spent 10 minutes trying to take a picture of herself and her friends with her cellphone.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come I've never seen Socko at BMO Field?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I agree with Code Reds letter, as money should best be used to fix the product on the pitch. The girls in this video are not models. They were invited group ticket leaders to discuss reasons they go to games to help promote group sales etc. They recieved no payment.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look on the bright side, at least the on field product isn't the worst thing associated with this club anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blahhh cringe worthy, i couldnt watch the whole video!

For fuck sake i dont know what is worse the old BMO adds making TFC fans look like gladiator greek warriors or this. Im going to go with this is even worse!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad...how about trying to get supporters back in the stands instead of one time photo-opers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem from the start was an organization buying a team in a sport that no one in their organization had any interest in before. MLSE had no knowledge about the sport or the league. Therefore, because of that bad decisions were made from the start. I also think the fact that BMO was packed from the start the on field product was almost ignored,no need to improve the product on the field when the stadium is always full. We must also remember that many people went to games in the first few years because it was new, not because they had a real passion for the game. I know of many people who gave up season tickets not because of the product on the field but more to do with just losing interest in going to the games, been there done that attitude. However, winning will put a few more people in the stands, but the people who MLSE are trying to get to the stadium with this kind of advertisement, they are long gone and never coming back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look on the bright side, at least the on field product isn't the worst thing associated with this club anymore.
    The product on the field is as bad as anything else and has been that way for years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    Although I agree with Code Reds letter, as money should best be used to fix the product on the pitch. The girls in this video are not models. They were invited group ticket leaders to discuss reasons they go to games to help promote group sales etc. They recieved no payment.
    Who cares? It was still a fluff piece.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This video is hurtful but speaks the truth. It's painful to face the reality.

The problem is a soul-destroying epidemic in sports, and particularly acute for this team, which is a far-flung outpost of a large entertainment company, that has an utterly different understanding of its "customers" than anyone on this board would.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a steaming pile of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thing is most marketing and advertising people don't understand the soccer world. Its not like the NBA, NHL, MLB or NFL where everything is built around fake atmosphere of music and stupid anouncements and score boards, and advertising those sports is all about family fun, and look how great it is. Its all manufactured, soccer is different, the atmosphere is created by the fans not the other way round. I could do a better job working for them, in fact they should just hire some real Usec, Red patch boys or even general fans to do these videos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    thing is most marketing and advertising people don't understand the soccer world. Its not like the NBA, NHL, MLB or NFL where everything is built around fake atmosphere of music and stupid anouncements and score boards, and advertising those sports is all about family fun, and look how great it is. Its all manufactured, soccer is different, the atmosphere is created by the fans not the other way round. I could do a better job working for them, in fact they should just hire some real Usec, Red patch boys or even general fans to do these videos!
    Well there's the thing: AT THE VERY LEAST, those leagues can fall back on being the best in the world. Even if they field bad teams year, after year, the customer still gets to see something, from the other team or whatever. They also benefit from being able to draw the corporate crowd due to high quality facilities, BMO field in comparison is a dank hole. But I don't think we should get all high and mighty about our sport, it's getting infected by dollars the same way everyone else's is. Basketball, Hockey, baseball, and football all have real fans, although you might not always see them at the stadium due to outrageous ticket prices.

As much as MLSE will try to sell TFC in some other manner, without results on the field it's not going to come off. They might as well be trying to market backstreet boys CDs with this marketing push. TFC stopped being trendy a couple years ago and they'll have to figure out some way to get people to the field.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    A few of the girls in the video were pretty hot though...

And there you have it, in case anyone was wondering why they're using random 20-something girls who admit match day is "fun" even though they don't understand/appreciate the game "and the way it's played" to sell bottom-of-the-table football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's so ridiculous and fake it reminds me of the SNL commercials like bad idea jeans, the lung brush, super colon blow etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    And there you have it, in case anyone was wondering why they're using random 20-something girls who admit match day is "fun" even though they don't understand/appreciate the game "and the way it's played" to sell bottom-of-the-table football.
    If it wasn't already obvious, I was trying to make light of the situation.

It's important to have a sense of humor in life. Sheeesh.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If it wasn't already obvious, I was trying to make light of the situation.

It's important to have a sense of humor in life. Sheeesh.
    You sure? Your reaction was "there are some hot girls on the screen," which is what they were going for, even though you were making light of it. The ad works, and you prove why, regardless of whether you're taking the piss or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    You sure? Your reaction was "there are some hot girls on the screen," which is what they were going for, even though you were making light of it. The ad works, and you prove why, regardless of whether you're taking the piss or not.
    LOL, yes I'm sure. I've been a seasons ticket holder since day one for all the right reasons.

Yes, it's a blatantly pathetic marketing campaign targeting a certain demographic market, but I'm not offended by it. I find it amusing.

To each his own.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This video shows all that has been wrong about BMO Field since the early days.

As far as advice to ML$E, cut your prices and put something watchable on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went and experienced BMO field yesterday. Middle of the Euro's, footy interest should be sky high in the city, perfect weather. What should be new manager excitement. and...............

LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of empty seats. There were NOT 18 000 in attendance no matter what weird science they use to come up with the number. At one point 112, the home of the "guaranteed sold and attending" fans had 2 full empty rows (unheard of) and many other seats unfilled. (not a criticism of that section, just an observation).
    Over in the other "support sections" i.e. 110 + 111, seats usually guaranteed to have footy fans were filled with tourists and people who generally didn't know much about the game other than "what they wore, and who they did last night" (yep, the actual conversation I had to listen to)

BMO....you have a problem!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying these adds are perfect for everyone, but they better then the promo just shown.

even this add i really liked back in year 1. It's simple, little funny and not over the top, not saying anything really and not making the game day exsperience better then it really is.

then you get stupid adds like this one, since when did we ever look like this? so stupid.
    Last edited by james; 06-25-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy shit this video makes me rage. who the shit at the FO thought that was a good idea.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like everything else about TFC these days, lamentably weak. This is a sure sign that the marketing dept. has given up all sense of dignity.

I'm keeping my dignity. The last two seats I own won't be renewed.

Since year one, I've spent over two grand each season and sacrificed perfectly good weekend time to enjoy the game. But this isn't enjoyable anymore. It's pathetic.

And it's going to be perpetually pathetic until management at the top is completely overhauled. As this video makes clear, they've ended all attempts to think with their brains and are now thinking with their dicks. Obviously, not much to work with.

Back to the golf course I and I wallet will go. Hot girls there as well, piloting the bar carts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing beats this commercial

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post

nothing beats this commercial
    Lombardo would a starter on this year's dog breath of a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So like, me and my friends we like, totally went to see TFC. And my friend jennifer was all like "uh, I don't even know what's happening, this game is stupid" and I was all like, shut up, this is like so much fun. There were these cute guys there and I totally got one of them to give me his scarf (OMG) then he totally like gave me some Smirnoff Ice and I was like drunk. and I was all like Whoooooooo hahah, it was so fun. And then the crowd was all like Fuck you Ref, because I guess some guy like fell down or something. I didn't even know what was happening but it didn't matter because it was so rad. Then there was like this guy in the stadium with like no shirt on and I was like woah, crazy. he was like super hardcore fan dude. I went into his section and took pictures - he was waving his scarf and it was sooooo crazay.

TFC games are like, super fun, because you don't have to watch the game and you can totally meet hot boys and get really drunk and just go crazy.

Its so much super fun. I love it.

Signed - some 18 year old broad.
    yup thats what i would be exspecting to attract from this add!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't quite put my finger on why I find this insulting to the fan base. Perhaps, because it doesn't promote the beautiful game as much as it promotes girls, sunshine, beer and not what makes the game day experience. Are they no longer promoting TFC to football enthusiasts? Maybe they've given up on trying to earn the true fan base back?

Somebody throw me a bone.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports