Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Come Experience BMO field

Just finished submitting this to MLSE FO:

To MLSE:

Please stop using ignominious tactics and marketing to sell the experience of BMO Field. Using actors/actresses to place your product on a pedestal is not a very convincing method. Instead of hiring these individuals to glamourize the gameday experience, why don't you focus on bringing in the right mix of players / management personnel which in turn, will generate on-field results? I shouldn't have to say this but by default, this will fill the stadium to capacity or at the very least near-capacity.

We, the supporters, have stuck with this club since its inception. We have been loyal. Isn't it about time that you, the organization, step up and present your dedicated fanbase with something memorable, say, a competitive squad? Marketing without results will yield failure, afterall, this not season one but season six.

Let's restore some dignity to this franchise.

Sincerely,
    TFC Supporter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few of the girls in the video were pretty hot though...

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe the club should hire some actors to play the part of a decent football team... hell, then they may as well make a movie.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everyone knows about TFC. They also know that they are shit.
    If they weren't shit, people would come to the stadium.

Easy fucking solution to filling up the empty seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is shit like that video that ensures I will be listening to conversations about facebook and makeup around me at the games by people who show up 1/2 hour late. I thought I saw a few snookis in that video.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to watch that. It could have been way worse, LOL.

Anyhow, I agree that the product on the field should put the people in the stands. Get some real change going and install people in positions that are meaningful and accountable. Provide direction from execs that know the sport, not that manage money.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    A few of the girls in the video were pretty hot though...

Have to agree. I more pissed about that than anything.

Code - I hear ya bro. We all just want to see results these days. But let's remember there was a time TFC did no marketing at all. At least someone is realizing they have to work to engage footy fans to come to the games.

As for me, I think any marketing that does not result in free beer is pointless. Give me beer or give me wins!

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    maybe the club should hire some actors to play the part of a decent football team... hell, then they may as well make a movie.
    That's funny!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they play sawccer there but are there hawt chix? Daaaaaaammmmmm I'm so there bro!

I am not the target.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's focus on the atmosphere (not even really captured in the video) because the on-field product isn't bringing anyone through the gates.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hey everyone, BMO field is sooo cool, let's all go down to BMO field and show everyone how cool we are!"

"Who plays at BMO field again?"

"Not sure... is there even a game on?"

"I dunno, but I feel pretty awesome holding this $15 carlsberg"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Code - I hear ya bro. We all just want to see results these days. But let's remember there was a time TFC did no marketing at all. At least someone is realizing they have to work to engage footy fans to come to the games.
    Don't get me wrong, it's fine to market the team, but do it PROPERLY. When I say do it properly I mean show the atmosphere of the game, the supporters in the south end and their reaction to the play/goal, players scoring goals and their reaction to those goals... etc.

Portland and Seattle are a prime example of showcasing the best of their supporters groups and it works to perfection since their respective stadiums are filled to capacity. They don't need to rely on actors, only their SGs which make the gameday experience for them.

If I wanted to see some hot chicks I could use any number of mediums for that, both online and the real world. Unless I plan to spend my gameday experience on the lookout for supermodels, this form of advertising is hardly going to encourage me to go to the games.

To me, this smells of desperation. MLSE is so desperate to fill the seasts, they're willing to scour universities and pay decent looking chicks to appear in their marketing campaigns. Lame as hell but if it works then all the power to them.
    Last edited by Code Red; 06-22-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC shits the bed for the rest of the season, next year the FO should do what the nightclubs do to fill the joint, and let in all the hot chix for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess now we know what kind of talent the front office has been scouting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    It is shit like that video that ensures I will be listening to conversations about facebook and makeup around me at the games by people who show up 1/2 hour late and leave a 1/2 hour early. I thought I saw a few snookis in that video.
    Fixed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the 67 seconds in that video, there was a total of 3 in which a TFC player was shown.

Good to see MLSE has their priorities straight.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think part of the problem is that the footage they want to show isn't consistent with the atmosphere now.

They'd be better of saying something like "this is how it used to be, please help us make it like that again"
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL moment...

0:19-0:22

Wtf is "socco"?!

Also 0:29-0:34... "It's always a good time when you go with a lot of people and you connect more with your friends and family I think" ...MLSE going for numbers here.
    Last edited by Code Red; 06-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So like, me and my friends we like, totally went to see TFC. And my friend jennifer was all like "uh, I don't even know what's happening, this game is stupid" and I was all like, shut up, this is like so much fun. There were these cute guys there and I totally got one of them to give me his scarf (OMG) then he totally like gave me some Smirnoff Ice and I was like drunk. and I was all like Whoooooooo hahah, it was so fun. And then the crowd was all like Fuck you Ref, because I guess some guy like fell down or something. I didn't even know what was happening but it didn't matter because it was so rad. Then there was like this guy in the stadium with like no shirt on and I was like woah, crazy. he was like super hardcore fan dude. I went into his section and took pictures - he was waving his scarf and it was sooooo crazay.

TFC games are like, super fun, because you don't have to watch the game and you can totally meet hot boys and get really drunk and just go crazy.

Its so much super fun. I love it.

Signed - some 18 year old broad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha oh man that was something. The best line was "It's always a good time when you go with ALOT OF PEOPLE ... " ie - we have LOTS of tickets available so bring as many people as you can!

I mentioned this in another thread how in 07 I tried to organize a stag to watch a game and there was no hope in hell of getting in and the ticket agent was like haha yeah sorry. This year there was a stag of about 20-25 dudes in my section with room to spare.

Compare this video to that one RSL put out with all the players and the fortress theme.

This video reminds me of Jilly's where there's hot girls on the outside and when you get in you spend 5X the money you ever would you're disgusted with everything you see
    Last edited by spark; 06-22-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: bad line needed revising

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    So like, me and my friends we like, totally went to see TFC. And my friend jennifer was all like "uh, I don't even know what's happening, this game is stupid" and I was all like, shut up, this is like so much fun. There were these cute guys there and I totally got one of them to give me his scarf (OMG) then he totally like gave me some Smirnoff Ice and I was like drunk. and I was all like Whoooooooo hahah, it was so fun. And then the crowd was all like Fuck you Ref, because I guess some guy like fell down or something. I didn't even know what was happening but it didn't matter because it was so rad. Then there was like this guy in the stadium with like no shirt on and I was like woah, crazy. he was like super hardcore fan dude. I went into his section and took pictures - he was waving his scarf and it was sooooo crazay.

TFC games are like, super fun, because you don't have to watch the game and you can totally meet hot boys and get really drunk and just go crazy.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I sure wish we would stop using the word "product" to describe what we care about.

To me, a better run organization would bring the confidence of fans to stay with the team. It isn't about an "entertaining product." It's about a commitment to a competitive drive that we all share and embracing (instead of exploiting) those that provide it funds to achieve its competitive goals.

As for the video. BS. There is no excitement leading to kick off. That disappeared after season 3.

Want to know why many aren't coming out to "experience BMO Field"? Quick check of ticketmaster says to take a family of 4 would cost $278 + taxes to sit in 108. It's a $400 day out with parking and a few snacks.

You can get 4 SEASON passes to Wonderland for less than $400. That's an "entertaining product."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i seriously fucking hate this shit from the FO. canadian bhoy sums that video up nicely. security should be doing pat downs for 'bump-its'. i should bail on this garbage "product".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post

Two contenders for POTD!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    Fixed.
    Veeeerrry true. Thanks!
    Did anyone notice one of the euro commercials had some cute lookin' chick in a German jersey giggling. That was her contribution to the commercial, cute and giggly. This type of advertising is everywhere. I would have rather have seen the fattest, hairiest German cheering on his team with war paint on than some cute giggly chick. Don't get me wrong there is a time and place for cute giggly chicks, but not football advertising. If the girl was screaming war hymns at the top of her lungs, sure!

Sorry, only place that I can rant about that commercial, thanks Code Red!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They (MLSE commercial) did have one good part though, D.K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    Veeeerrry true. Thanks!
    Did anyone notice one of the euro commercials had some cute lookin' chick in a German jersey giggling. That was her contribution to the commercial, cute and giggly. This type of advertising is everywhere. I would have rather have seen the fattest, hairiest German cheering on his team with war paint on than some cute giggly chick. Don't get me wrong there is a time and place for cute giggly chicks, but not football advertising. If the girl was screaming war hymns at the top of her lungs, sure!

Sorry, only place that I can rant about that commercial, thanks Code Red!!!!!
    lol Glad I could be of help.

As for the fat German, are you sure you don't want to retract from that comment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm chicks, beers, dj. I guess if you can't take the players to a nightclub you might as well bring the club to the players...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god, I just tried to watch the video, I can only handle about 20 seconds of it, stopped it right there.