Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Henry started because there was no one else to start at CB. Morgan only came on for Cann because there were no other CBs. And now if reports are true, we're playing the game tonight with only three subs because Mariner doesn't rate half the squad (including Cordon, Stinson, Burgos, etc.) as being worth bringing along on the road
    Why are those guys not travelling with the team? We basically have no bench options tonight, playing in the heat of Texas (which, if it's like here will be sweltering). Wtf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 and 11....we will lose 3 - nil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not 100% sure that those guys aren't there, but they weren't on the bench on Saturday and it doesn't sound like Mariner brought anyone else with him on the road since according to reports we only have three guys to sit on the bench, plus I haven't seen any of them in the training pictures.
    and to answer your question: I have no idea; try asking Mariner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Mariner choose to start only one of them and that was out of necessity. Morgan came in because of an injury and I doubt he would have been subbed on otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Who were the alternatives to any of those players?

The roster is a mess. He has no choice but to play those guys...
    Henry started because there was no one else to start at CB. Morgan only came on for Cann because there were no other CBs. And now if reports are true, we're playing the game tonight with only three subs because Mariner doesn't rate half the squad (including Cordon, Stinson, Burgos, etc.) as being worth bringing along on the road
    Against SKC, there were veterans available on the bench such as Harden and Aceval. If Mariner didn't rate them highly enough to play them ahead of our youth, well that just proves my point.

Any reference to Paul Mariner's alleged reluctance to play our youngsters is nothing but pure conjecture at this point in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    well as long as we see improvement right? Maybe we'll kick the ball away more accurately tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Against SKC, there were veterans available on the bench such as Harden and Aceval. If Mariner didn't rate them highly enough to play them ahead of our youth, well that just proves my point.

Any reference to Paul Mariner's alleged reluctance to play our youngsters is nothing but pure conjecture at this point in time.
    At the very least I think we can say he doesn't rate Morgan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's still a long way to go. We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not predicting a score....but we're going to get thumped....I can see us having a final record of 5-5-28...which I assume is the WORST EVER....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im done with this team this season,i will be giving my tickets to charity for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my prediction as well.

this team is a total clusterfuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harden and Aceval have proven that they are horrible. To say that he rates Morgan and Henry higher than those two jokers doesn't say very much. The fact that under Winter Morgan was the starting LB since last summer, but got dropped in his first game under Mariner does say something though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harden and Aceval have proven that they are horrible. To say that he rates Morgan and Henry higher than those two jokers doesn't say very much. The fact that under Winter Morgan was the starting LB since last summer, but got dropped in his first game under Mariner does say something though.
    What does it say?

Mariner chose to play Hall ahead of Morgan that night, and that decision could be rationalized based on the recent form of both players. Not to mention, Hall is one of our younger players anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im done with this team this season,i will be giving my tickets to charity for the rest of the season.
    normally if I saw a post like this, I would ask the person to send me a pair for a game or something. I usually don't pass up when I see that someone is giving away their tickets. now however I don't even think it's worth the Viva+TTC fare and trip to see the joke that this team is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know the current procedure for bringing in a 2 stick? i tried a search, and checking the tfc website, but i cant seem to get anything definitive. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it say?

Mariner chose to play Hall ahead of Morgan that night, and that decision could be rationalized based on the recent form of both players. Not to mention, Hall is one of our younger players anyway.
    Morgan has not been the worst of himself, Hall and Eckersley. Plus 23 isn't really that young by soccer standards. The decision could also come down to Hall not being as willing to go rampaging up the left flank, but I don't think that in Mariner's system Morgan would be doing that too much either. Also, Hall was pretty bad in the last game, as was Eckersley. The two of them combined errors to let in the first goal. Hall let Peterson cross without having to work for it, and Eckersley left his man wide open in the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan has not been the worst of himself, Hall and Eckersley. Plus 23 isn't really that young by soccer standards. The decision could also come down to Hall not being as willing to go rampaging up the left flank, but I don't think that in Mariner's system Morgan would be doing that too much either. Also, Hall was pretty bad in the last game, as was Eckersley. The two of them combined errors to let in the first goal. Hall let Peterson cross without having to work for it, and Eckersley left his man wide open in the box.
    I don't necessarily disagree with your observations regarding their collective performance that night. My initial point was in reference to the suggestion that Paul Mariner doesn't believe in our youngsters, and the evidence points to the contrary at this point in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win or lose, Koevs will score........he wants back in the spotlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win tonight and on Saturday, and we'll be 3-10. That's my hope anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't necessarily disagree with your observations regarding their collective performance that night. My initial point was in reference to the suggestion that Paul Mariner doesn't believe in our youngsters, and the evidence points to the contrary at this point in time.
    Yeah, we really can't say that. I do find it odd though that Burgos, Stinson etc. are not travelling with team. Or at the very least that they're not being flown in now that we only have 3 people on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Morgan didn't play in any of the qualifying games. The trip to Cuba was weeks ago now. His international commitments weren't part of the decision, or at least a big one.

I suspect that it might have been. When most of the practices Mariner ran were about the new defensive set up and responsibilities, his absence from those practices would certainly play into the decision whether to start him or not. He wouldn't have had the same time to review/learn nor the same chance to actually run through things as they would have been in a practice.

Would have been more of a factor for Morgan and JDG than it would have been for Johnson.
    Last edited by CoachGT; 06-20-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps you are right and I'm overreacting. For me it's more of a sign than evidence. the fact that the only player dropped from the starting XI was Morgan, and the fact that half the squad didn't travel is alarming to me though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    I suspect that it might have been. When most of the practices Mariner ran were about the new defensive set up and responsibilities, his absence from those practices would certainly play into the decision whether to start him or not. He wouldn't have had the same time to review/learn nor the same chance to actually run through things as they would have been in a practice.

Would have been more of a factor for Morgan and JDG than it would have been for Johnson.
    May have been a factor, but not the main one. The first practice was Monday, the last Canadian qualifying game was Tuesday. If Mariner wasn't confident that Morgan as a left back couldn't seamlessly slot himself into the most basic formation in all of football, then it just proves my point that he doesn't rate him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    my prediction as well.

this team is a total clusterfuck.
    You mean Total Fuster Cluck?

They probably meant Total Clusterfuck but even screwed that up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi reggie, my name is "charity" it's nice to meet you! ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be a vary intersted game tonight,
    I'm excited/nervous to see if our defense can weather the storm coming our way! If TFC can keep a clean sheet in the first half I think we got a chance to steal one on the break threw Danny via Ryan

I would like to see Morgon back in the starting 11, and I hope that Paul sticks with Henry in the center and pairs him with Decoy/Ty, but we will find out soon!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no Harden on the trip, it will either be Ecks or Dicoy in the middle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on who's available, I would like to see a backline of:

Eckersley-Henry-Williams-Morgan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I have to say is: This is a MUST win game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it say?

Guess what? That was a bad decision by Mariner. When Morgan got in, TFC played and defended better on left side on the pitch.

This is why I don't have much confidence for Mariner.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Guess what? That was a bad decision by Mariner. When Morgan got in, TFC played and defended better on left side on the pitch.

This is why I don't have much confidence for Mariner.

if your basing your confidence on one game. The first game. I don't have much confidence in your analysis.

That said, I agree with the Left being better with Morgan than Hall but by then it was already a shitshow.

Hall started on the right, by minute 3 had flipped with Eckers who was half way up the pitch scrambling half the time pushing.

I don't know how Hall had that one amazing game but clearly he, and most others, could not adapt to a change in the gameplan.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 06-20-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER