Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad, but expected. There's no words for this team anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A point on the road against Houston is a good result. End of.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The FIFA rule is not his point. You're making an interpretation of whether the goalie was infringed by his facial reactions. That wouldn't stand as evidence in any argument. And since you're the only one in this one claiming it's not even arguable.....sorry, but you're wrong, and I don't give a shit whether you like arguing it or not.
    Fine then, the ref and I are both wrong in our interpretation. Happy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    We don't need a coach we need a good psychiatrist,this is a mental thing no coach can help this team to close the game.
    Agreed. Thay're so used to losing, that the concept of "leading" scares the shit out of them. I have never seen a team sit back on leads and ultimately lose/tie as much as TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    Sad, but expected. There's no words for this team anymore.
    What ARE you talking about?

That was game of the season for TFC so far! First half TFC created so many chances...and scored 3 goals, more than any game so far this season!

I expected a Houston onslaught in the second half and it came strong. The heat was a killer and TFC put in all the effort they could. They only had one defensive player on the bench, who hasn't played for a YEAR! So, I don't really blame Mariner for not putting Williams in sooner.

A GREAT effort by the players tonight, and a VERY deserved ROAD POINT!

Let's not feel "let down" as they didn't hold on to win, that was a fantastic point. Well done lads!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC could have drafted Will Bruin instead of trading for Sturgis.

Not upset about the result. The season is over anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Sorry, but you're wrong. It's a FIFA rule, (which I posted right from their own training material above), so it applies to ALL leagues in the world. The "flinch" comment was to show the example in this one case. I'm not interested in arguing this further.
    I think I agree with a very high percentage of what you generally post, but this baffles me. Like a lot of people here (and like you?) I watch a hell of a lot of games. That call is almost always made, as offside. The convention is that the position of the player, near the line of the shot, is by definition a distraction. To take the opposite position, and say it's not even arguable .... That is really strange.

Anyway enough. It was a big break for us. We needed it too.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have brought williams in ten minutes earlier and move Ecks back to right back, Hall, who I thought had a good game looked like he started having the heat get to him, his poor positioning and timing led to both the 2nd ( not excusing the wide open man) and 3rd houston goal.
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    TFC could have drafted Will Bruin instead of trading for Sturgis.

Not upset about the result. The season is over anyways.

Come on guys! you can't feel upset about that....it was a point on the road. Winter hasn't got a point on the road all season. This is a GOOD start, and a point is better than no points. That was a tough game, Houston brought it in the second half, and TFC held on for a point. you cannot be upset about this result at all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Come on guys! you can't feel upset about that....it was a point on the road. Winter hasn't got a point on the road all season. This is a GOOD start, and a point is better than no points. That was a tough game, Houston brought it in the second half, and TFC held on for a point. you cannot be upset about this result at all!
    I'm not upset about the result.

But they are all meaningless at this point.

They only thing they are playing for is Mariner's job (or in some cases their own jobs).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think I agree with a very high percentage of what you generally post, but this baffles me. Like a lot of people here (and like you?) I watch a hell of a lot of games. That call is almost always made, as offside. The convention is that the position od the player, near the line of the shot, is by definition a distraction. To take the opposite position, and say it's not even arguable .hatThat is really strange.

Big break for us. We needed it too.
    I agree that it gets called that way all the time.

Anyway, we've seen enough bad calls go against us it's nice to see a couple breaks go our way. Disappointed we could not hold for all 3 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bman27 View Post
    Would have brought williams in ten minutes earlier and move Ecks back to right back, Hall, who I thought had a good game looked like he started having the heat get to him, his poor positioning and timing led to both the 2nd ( not excusing the wide open man) and 3rd houston goal.
    Yes but Ecks also came too far on the third goal. He can't avoid his share of the blame on that one. He isn't a CB. (I know, I've said that too often). Ecks is a RB. Hopefully Dicoy will become a fixture back there and Ecks can battle with Hall for the RB position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And they cold have gotten 3 point if they had tried to hold on to the ball do something with it instead of kicking it long to the opposition the whole of the second half. Ot they could have gotten 3 points if they had used their substations to bring on fresh leg in an extremely hot and tiring Houston instead of fading at the end and giving up the tying goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying your not disappointed with the result? 3-1 up with 15 minutes left and you concede twice? I don't care if you have 10 men, that's not acceptable. You can be in over your head against any side in the world, but you need to close out those points.

The game encompassed the entire season to date; tease a sense of promise, only to finish with the same shit since day one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think I agree with a very high percentage of what you generally post, but this baffles me. Like a lot of people here (and like you?) I watch a hell of a lot of games. That call is almost always made, as offside. The convention is that the position of the player, near the line of the shot, is by definition a distraction. To take the opposite position, and say it's not even arguable .... That is really strange.

Anyway enough. It was a big break for us. We needed it too.
    Ya, I'm in full agreement with this still.

A. He's in an offside position
    b. He's in the line of play, so he's obstructing the goalies vision.
    c. He jumps over the ball which I would image is a distraction to the goalie.

The distraction part is a judgement call by the ref and I guess he didn't feel the need to call it. But he is a MLS ref, which we all know is not to the highest standard.. I bet you if that call has the other way around and TFC got burned by it, this board would be calling bloody murder... Again I'm glad he didn't call it, we finally got a break, but it was still the wrong call by the FIFA definition of offsite..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    And they cold have gotten 3 point if they had tried to hold on to the ball do something with it instead of kicking it long to the opposition the whole of the second half. Ot they could have gotten 3 points if they had used their substations to bring on fresh leg in an extremely hot and tiring Houston instead of fading at the end and giving up the tying goal.
    I doubt Mariner was going to bring on Plata to help protect a lead.

Which begs the question (hello shitty T.O. media), why wasn't TFC allowed to bring in replacements for the 3 suspended players? Surely there are 3 players that weren't on the trip that could have helped if needed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, if we're going to concede 2 goal leads in the last 15 minutes, may as well do it in a lost season!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post

Your glass if half empty there I see?

I'm going to crack open another beer and celebrate an away point. My glass is half full, I need to fill it up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What ARE you talking about?

That was game of the season for TFC so far! First half TFC created so many chances...and scored 3 goals, more than any game so far this season!

I expected a Houston onslaught in the second half and it came strong. The heat was a killer and TFC put in all the effort they could. They only had one defensive player on the bench, who hasn't played for a YEAR! So, I don't really blame Mariner for not putting Williams in sooner.

A GREAT effort by the players tonight, and a VERY deserved ROAD POINT!

Let's not feel "let down" as they didn't hold on to win, that was a fantastic point. Well done lads!
    Valid point. I think if our record were much better we might be happy to get a point in Houston. But being up 3-1 only to tie the game in an abysmal season I can understand the frustration by fans.

While I didn't see both teams scoring 3 goals, I had sense we might be better tonight in some aspects but still have those issues with late goals haunt us again. I thought it would end 2-2 with them scoring late.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks to drop points but at least we got one.

Curious to see July 1st roll around for our back line.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not upset about the result.

But they are all meaningless at this point.

They only thing they are playing for is Mariner's job (or in some cases their own jobs).
    And maybe even play some decent football, wich what I would like to see, I don't know about the rest you, but I am still hoping to see some good football and a few wins, maybe a run in the CCL, that's all there is left to play for isn't it, or I could be like a few others and take my ball home because there is no chance at the playoffs, I thought the match was entertaining TFC created, scored goals, and came out with a point on the road. good result, now if TFC were playing .500 most of you X-Box/Playstation Managers would say, that's the breaks, oh well at least it wasn't a losing effort.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting a point in Houston is like getting a point in Istanbul. LOL! Hip Hip HURRAY! we survived the Texas cauldron.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I doubt Mariner was going to bring on Plata to help protect a lead.

Which begs the question (hello shitty T.O. media), why wasn't TFC allowed to bring in replacements for the 3 suspended players? Surely there are 3 players that weren't on the trip that could have helped if needed?
    The cost of 3 plane tickets. That's it. All 30 players on the roster are eligible for selection.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your glass if half empty there I see?

I'm going to crack open another beer and celebrate an away point. My glass is half full, I need to fill it up.
    we just blew 3 fucking points. up by two late and u concede two to blow it. and mentioning the heat is ridiculous. was the temp lower for houston?

Edited by Moderator to remove personal attacks - Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 06-21-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The cost of 3 plane tickets. That's it. All 30 players on the roster are eligible for selection.
    That's pretty dumb on management's part than.

Not having serviceable defensive subs possibly cost TFC the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the-lower-eastsider View Post
    Edited by Moderator to remove personal attacks - Jack
    Wow! Just wow!
    Last edited by Jack; 06-21-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually beginning to loathe my own supporters. Is there a mod on the board that can actually call out that guy above. There was definitely no need for any of that!

good night all. Well done TFC on a good point tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game, that season, le sigh...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mods all facepalmed themselves to death at the end of that game, can't blame them, that's also why we're still in the "Prematch & In-match" thread...