Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The back four hasn't conceded a goal from open play in the last three matches. Do you really think that it's time to start changing players around? I sure don't.
    ya, I was a Velez critic early but in the last few games the whole defense, including Velez, has been quite solid throughout.

There's no need to bring in Tebily and James until the situation warrants. If goals are going in and Velez is at fault, bring in Tebily. I'm sure with all these games coming up, there will be more than enough opportunities for them to play, whether midweek or weekend.

I'm just glad we can say we have these guys on the bench as reinforcements. Last year that wasn't the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Portland could easily compete for a playoff spot in MLS. They're that good. Vancouver was that good the other night, too. If they'd played with that consistent shape, discipline and work ethic every day, they might make the playoffs in MLS.

The only real difference I see between the leagues is that thanks to the size of the MLS clubs financially, they each have up to three or four difference makers, superior players who can turn a game. That's why so many people see it as similar to the Coca Cola Championship in England, because that's the structure there.

The truth, however, is that cap notwithstanding, there's more teams right now that have one or two game turners.

Keep in mind, Sunderland fielded a good team against both the Whitecaps and Charleston in thelast couple of years and got their heads handed to them both times.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJ #3 is really working hard and knows that they team has vets on it and waiting for his turn, a chance to just get out there and ball it, the injury in the Carolina Cup got in the way of him doing, but he know his time will come and he will just work hard waiting for it. Has a great attitude.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys!

WE HAVE DEPTH!!

now: everybody dance!

(insert dancing guy here)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hrvat87 View Post
    weaker team in the USL....obv you dont know much bout the USL
    I know as much as i need to know about the USl

BORING, DULL SOCCER

I think my son's high school team can beat some of the teams inthe USL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    I know as much as i need to know about the USl

BORING, DULL SOCCER

I think my son's high school team can beat some of the teams inthe USL
    The truth is that some USL teams like Seatle, Vancouver, Montreal and Portland are good solid teams and can compete with MSL teams on any given day. The Canada Cup tournament will not be a walk in the park for TFC. If anything, they will be facing opponents that are hungrier and more motivated to prove something and upset the obvious favorite. These games might actually be tougher to win that some of the league games TFC will play this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the matches Toronto will be playing, these guys, among others, will get their chance....I mean, this is a good thing as depth is something that the Reds have addressed and, you gotta figure, will continue to do so as the long season continues to stretch further....it's just a matter of time before players get their opportunity out on the pitch, don't rush it!
    Last edited by TheRenter; 05-16-2008 at 12:43 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see Julius hooking up with the Sacramento for the 2017 season. Have followed his career ever since the Reds drafted him out of Connecticut. After four seasons with various NASL teams he will be the USL.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julius James is 32 friggin' years old. How time flies.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Julius James is 32 friggin' years old. How time flies.
    Yeah for sure, have a jersey he gave me from his rookie season with the Reds. Those things are so old school, plus they heat up like crazy when wearing them, did not breath at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So fuckin good he's got two first names

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old enough to remember when the '08 draft haul of James, Pat Phelan, Brian Edwards and Joseph Lapira meant we were going to dominate the league for a century.