Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    It did. At least the web master is on top of things.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some days I fucking hate supporting this team. Has any good news ever come from a tweet saying "Official Club Statement"?
    |
    x______________________________________________

Twitter: toast84

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A new low for this joke of a club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have to admit, it's funny stuff. Whatever the reasons or motivations for this, they probably should have just got their asses out of there. That said, I've been in those situations and sometimes, shit happens too fast and before you know it...well...

At least I don't have any mugshots on the internet
    I love how you specified that they aren't on the internet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really support the laundry, I support our guys. First and foremost.

I suggest we forget about this for now. There is not enough info to have an opinion.

I will side with the players until we know more. I could care less if they drink, or how much they drink. Performance between the lines is what matters.

As for getting arrested, nobody is accused of doing anything serious. Athletes are targets. Cops can be on power trips.

The FO will probably act like this matters. Image and all that.

The truth will come out eventually, and is unlikely to matter.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-18-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I suggest we forget about this for now. There is not enough info to have an opinion.

I will side with the players until we know more. I could care less if they drink, or how much they drink. Performance between the lines is what matters.

As for getting arrested, nobody is accused of doing anything serious. Athletes are targets. Cops can be on power trips.

Here,Here, I applaud this comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but the performance between the lines is exactly the issue isnt it? the fact that they were busted doesnt excuse the fact they were out boozing while being godawful all season and 2 days before a big match. we get to do that, not the guys they pay to play football professionally.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed that it's embarrassing especially considering the circumstances, as well as a bit funny. Not listening to the cops is dumb in any case, interesting in particular that they were the only ones arrested. Who knows what happened before the cops came, we shall see.

Losing players like Silva or Soolsma for a few weeks to suspension, or longer if they are cut as a result, could have a significant effect on the team. Just because a player is suspended or cut, doesn't always mean you get salary cap relief. (Consider also a long-term injury that happens during the season: you get the roster spot back but not the salary cap space.)

<TotalSpeculation>

TFC was soap opera FC for its first few years, with all kinds of stuff constantly coming out in public. When Winter came in, they spoke of a "football first" philosophy, always acting & carrying yourself like professionals on & off the field, starting with the Academy players through to the first team. Things quieted down considerably, despite an often abysmal record. After Jacob Peterson left TFC, he tweeted something about being treated like an adult again and not a kid.

Perhaps "acting like a professional" was a bit too limiting for some? Maybe Mariner is less restrictive -- or at least the players wanted to let loose a bit on their first road trip w/o Winter?

</TotalSpeculation>
    Last edited by Auzzy; 06-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just donated the rest of seasons to charity. I can't see anymore of this - too much pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is laughable at how pathetic this is. They just came off a 3 week break! Like it baffles me how this happens. A shame this happens to Silva who looks like he has some good potential. But this whole situation brings me to an all-time low with the club. I find it shocking that in the same season, TFC reached highs like they did in Champions league, but look at them now. Leave the drinking to us, just focus what you have to do on the pitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    but the performance between the lines is exactly the issue isnt it? the fact that they were busted doesnt excuse the fact they were out boozing while being godawful all season and 2 days before a big match. we get to do that, not the guys they pay to play football professionally.
    Not my concern. I am protesting them being 1-10 in my own way (won't watch TFC on TV). But what a player does off hours is none of my business. If it's why he's underperforming, cut him. But I can't know that from the seats, and so can't/won't hold a view about other people's personal choices and private lives.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fair enough. i expect the team that i've thrown a boatload of money at to conduct themselves as the professionals they tell me they are.
    now i couldn't care less if they go thru a pile of blow and show up the next day to demolish the opposition. you won't hear a peep out of me. but that has not exactly been the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they probably will. Too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForestGlade View Post
    Has any good news ever come from a tweet saying "Official Club Statement"?
    Yes, new coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    <TotalSpeculation>

TFC was soap opera FC for its first few years, with all kinds of stuff constantly coming out in public. When Winter came in, they spoke of a "football first" philosophy, always acting & carrying yourself like professionals on & off the field, starting with the Academy players through to the first team. Things quieted down considerably, despite an often abysmal record. After Jacob Peterson left TFC, he tweeted something about being treated like an adult again and not a kid.

Perhaps "acting like a professional" was a bit too limiting for some? Maybe Mariner is less restrictive -- or at least the players wanted to let loose a bit on their first road trip w/o Winter?

</TotalSpeculation>
    Seems to be a lot of undercurrent that some MLS players take care of themselves in a way you wouldn't expect a professional athlete to. The arrests are abnormal, but there are quite a few stories out there about guys drinking, etc...

As you lauded to though, it comes back to the culture of the club. It just sort of underscores that nothing is under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    Yes, new coach.
    Was hoping for Cesar the dog whisper...
    Last edited by ag futbol; 06-18-2012 at 05:05 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this club!

Fun fact: these arrests mark numbers two through four on the all-time TFC players charged list.

The first, let's not forget, was red-card machine and "defender" Martin Saric, who got pinched for shoplifting in Florida.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not my concern. I am protesting them being 1-10 in my own way (won't watch TFC on TV). But what a player does off hours is none of my business. If it's why he's underperforming, cut him. But I can't know that from the seats, and so can't/won't hold a view about other people's personal choices and private lives.
    Totally agree with you here - if the players hoist a few, so be it. Lets face it, the boys are not exactly in the premiership are they? More like the Iron League in hockey... let them have a life (just don't get arrested! ) Who here hasn't had a few in a public bar? Perhaps one or two more than necessary? All those with their hand up - step down from your high horse! This is a somewhat amusing story that will get knitted into the fabric of Toronto FC history, but hardly worth "condemning" those who were out at a Houston club - we don't even have the real story yet... Judge them by how they perform on the field, not by the brand of beer they drink...

Stay tuned - it may get more amusing as the real story unfolds - perhaps Mariner took the boys out for some team bonding!! Or maybe Anselmi travelled with the team and took them to his favourite Houston hangout!!!
    Last edited by tiberius; 06-18-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    How does getting a blowjob leave you with any sort of taste in your mouth?

now thats a good question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not dying over this, and would care a lot less if it hadn't happened so close to gameday. Unless I hear these guys picked a fight or put someone in hospital, I'm gonna call it reasonable behavior. I'm not one of those types who thinks the cops are always right. I would love to find out what happened to the other guys they were fighting with.

The only thing that irrtates me a littlle is that they're getting that drunk so close to a game. I think a "reasonable" suspension (probably 2/3 games) is likely warranted for that. I would probably give that irrespective of whether they had gotten arrested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this ranks as the most embarrassing moment in franchise history?

I think it's a toss up between the Three Amigos, DeRo's cheque signing gesture, and DeRo's Celtic training stint debacle.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 06-18-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Aceval was laughing on the sidlines last game right? I bet you he was telling everybody about the party they were gonna have that night. Im disappointed with Soolsma to be honest, cant say i wouldnt be sad too if i lost my job when he worked so hard to get.
    why just him? sounds like he was just there and the other 2 drunks did all the trouble..soolsma probably was just charged cause he was with them..

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now remember this is Ives....I know his fact checking can be somewhat spotty:

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves
    Details beginning 2 trickle in on the TFC 3 incident in Houston. I'm told Luis Silva was never even in the club, came to pick up the other 2

Anyhow, the next couple of days will be awash with the back and forth.

Too bad something like this happened, time to figure out what it means to the club as far as roster and suspensions if any. Game on Wednesday...
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad to make this my first post on this board, but the lack of a definitive response from Team Management is troubling. Suspension pending a full investigation would have been the appropriate response. Anselmi could not put down his fiddle long enough to take a stand. #FireAnselmi

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prairieeast View Post
    Sad to make this my first post on this board, but the lack of a definitive response from Team Management is troubling. Suspension pending a full investigation would have been the appropriate response. Anselmi could not put down his fiddle long enough to take a stand. #FireAnselmi
    Remember that the players are actually employed by the league, not the club, so the issue of any suspension and/or fine comes firstly from the league.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more reports I read, the more it seems like Aceval instigated the entire incident. I feel bad for Silva and Soolsma, because they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and unlike Aceval, they are key members of our squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I HATE Tom Anselmi, but a win is a win, and this is a win (even if it's about a loss)

@TomAnselmiMLSE Very disappointed. Not just in the players actions, but that they even lost the fight! Wins are hard to come by these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I HATE Tom Anselmi, but a win is a win, and this is a win (even if it's about a loss)

@TomAnselmiMLSE Very disappointed. Not just in the players actions, but that they even lost the fight! Wins are hard to come by these days.
    LOL, it's a fake account. Even Uncle Tom isn't that brain dead.