Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drove 20 hours south to KC to watch the game in person. I was right on the half way line. Here's what killed TFC tonight:

1. We're still terrible at marking set pieces. KC's 2nd goal was pathetic.
    2. Ecks still just boots it every time, Hall is a better choice at right back.
    3. Eric Avila wasn't marking his man out wide, at all, ever, because Eric Avila doesn't know how to play left wing.
    4. We had no attacking CM. You can't have two CM's that are neutral/defensive. You need one attacking CM. Frings is not that.
    5. We have no speed threat up front to play off of Koev. Johnson is a left winger. You need to be able to stretch the opposition D.
    6. Every other team pressures TFC high, but we always sit back and let teams come at us. Why?

I explained those things to my friend on the way to the game with me (He'd never really seen TFC before) Afterwards he said wow, you were right.

Henry was outstanding tonight. Hall was good, Morgan looked good when he came on. I would honestly cut every single other player on the team (besides Kocic and Roberts). Yes, even Frings.

Mariner got it totally wrong with his starting lineup. He should know better, everyone else does.
    Last edited by Soccerpro; 06-16-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, bring on Santos. Hitting the post twice in one shot, now that is something to be proud of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why I'm not willing to give Mariner the time that Winter needed:
    Mariner was given hired to "tweak a few things" to turn our under performing team into a winning team. He was not hired to reverse the direction that Winter had us going in. If his 4-4-2 (2-2-2-2-2) kick ball system is really what suits the players (that he brought in) then they should at least be playing better than they were under Winter. Winter needed time to implement his system because it's rather complicated (apparently). Mariner's system is as brainless as they come. You don't need lots of time to dumb down a system. His style was boring as fuck to watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a lot of beer and thought I feel better. Not about TFC though. Just in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tis a pity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I saw an improvement through the game for TFC and THAT is the most important thing in this game. ...
    ... At this stage, with a new coach and new formation and system, we just needed to see improvement within the team itself. And I think we did.
    Quit making excuses for a 1-10-0 team - this Mary Sunshine babble is nauseating

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    did you even SEE the second half???? We DID play quite well in the second half! Kansas hardly saw the ball for about 30 minutes of it!
    As I recall we were down 2-0 in the first half - at the end of the second half WE WERE STILL DOWN 2-0 - quit sounding like an MLSE intern and face reality!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JamboAl View Post
    This was such a letdown after watching Canada and Euro 2012. You know what is worse then anger? Apathy! I took off at half time to go for gelato and didn't even bother taping the 2nd half. I guess I made the right decision. How very sad.
    Using "then" instead of "than"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest concern right now was the benching of Morgan and DeGuz for Dunfield and Ecks. Even Winter showed more common sense than this. It really seems like he's playing them because their "friends".

Everyone keeps saying we need to find CB's. Heck I'm hoping for a RB. Ecks and Hall don't do it for me. Both players are poor.
    Avila needs to be on the bench. The guy is non existant 80% of the time. Silva took more shots and created more chances in his short time than what Avila managed to do in the past 3 games.

Soolsma needs to start over Lambe as well imo.
    Last edited by Jeff s; 06-17-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva is still young and was inconsistent earlier in the year. I wouldn't claim he'll be that way night in and night out just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    We can not turn our backs on this team in this time of needing support, I will be disgusted with anyone who drops their season tickets strictly based on their on the on-field product. I understand it if is an economic, health, family or health situation but turning your back strictly based on the fact this team is losing is not an option.

The loss tonight in KC was hard to take, but we need to stay strong, keep our heads up and come out loud and proud next Saturday and show the lads we are still behind them regardless of what happens in Houston.
    Excellent. Perfect. Right. On. Target.
    Our Reds
    take on Houston Wednesday night, boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Silva is still young and was inconsistent earlier in the year. I wouldn't claim he'll be that way night in and night out just yet.
    Wasn't really saying that he should start, but I would pick him over Avila tbh. I rather play a inconsistent kid over a ghost (avila)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    As I recall we were down 2-0 in the first half - at the end of the second half WE WERE STILL DOWN 2-0 - quit sounding like an MLSE intern and face reality!
    Express your opinions without resorting to name calling, please.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    Wasn't really saying that he should start, but I would pick him over Avila tbh. I rather play a inconsistent kid over a ghost (avila)
    Avila gets thrown out on the wing half the time where he isn't nearly as good. Silva wwas brought on and played in the middle. You can't compare those two performances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Express your opinions without resorting to name calling, please.

- Scott
    MLSE intern - the new Toronto insult

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    MLSE intern - the new Toronto insult
    When it's wielded as a veiled accusation of being an MLSE sycophant, yes.

Says a lot about the regard Toronto sports fans have for the owner of most of their teams, though.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
    I stand corrected. And your comments about the game are...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    That was possibly the worst performance by a team I have ever seen.

TFC looked like kids out there getting schooled up and down the pitch by SKC

Wow
    TFC actually looked worse in it's first 4 games as an expansion team, with Mo as coach. However, this is pretty close to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

Says a lot about the regard Toronto sports fans have for the owner of most of their teams, though.

- Scott
    ha-ha. Call me closed minded, call me delusional, call me out to lunch, but don't call me an ML$E Intern!!!!!
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-17-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody know if Rogers/Bell are watching their future properties? They have to be working on a plan of some sort when they take over...unless the Christmas tree builder is pulling the wool over their eyes and says all is well with every single bit of it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lerxst View Post
    If you have nothing to contribute to post game discussion,don't post.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My expectations for this game was what we got. It was chaotic and disorganized. I could not expect much more given the turmoil of the last couple of weeks, the adjustments to be made and the players wrapping their heads around another change. I was not in favour of replacing Winter but 1 - 9 may dicatate some changes. My biggest disappointment came through the coach. His player selection and his rants on the sideline make me nervous. I will give him some more games but the last thing we need is a lunatic a game days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE fold the team.... MLS bring in a new competent ownership PLEASE!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're so shit it's unbelievable.

Saying we're unlucky is clutching at straws. You make your own luck. It's just an excuse the club have made up to cover the glaringly obvious. We're shit. I'm a sucker for continuing to go.

*Cue the "we're not shit, just poorly managed" excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do like the revisionism... The fact that some people think we never had games like that under Winter is kinda shocking.

It was a dreadful game but under all the circumstances, I don't see why it's such a big deal. KC are 6-1 at home. You could see this result coming a mile away whether it was Winter or Mariner.

If it was up to me, any member of management from top to bottom that a TFC supporter could recognize, I'd say fire them.
    Last edited by Brooker; 06-17-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many goals has this team given up on corner kicks the the last few seasons.It is hard to follow this team when other teams seem to be able to turn things around in one or two seasons.Our goals against and for show you why we have the results we get.Even Montreal has twice has many goals has we do and seem to have a much better defence with a whole new line-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Did Di Mateo involved DIRECTLY in Chelsea scouting and players signings,no.

Mariner was for last 18 months and that's why he is equally responsible for 1-10 as Winter.

and if you listen Mariners interview after the game he is delusional as you are he actually said this was fantastic game,for who KC maybe but definitely no TFC.
    THIS!!!!
    This is already a Mariner team. In my books he gets less time than Winter did to improve the team. He's already 18 months in. I will be calling for his head by season's end if we don't do better than 50% of points available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Does anybody know if Rogers/Bell are watching their future properties? They have to be working on a plan of some sort when they take over...unless the Christmas tree builder is pulling the wool over their eyes and says all is well with every single bit of it.
    I think you just wrote the script for next years ticket renewal process.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    THIS!!!!
    This is already a Mariner team. In my books he gets less time than Winter did to improve the team. He's already 18 months in. I will be calling for his head by season's end if we don't do better than 50% of points available.
    Fair enough. Unfortunately, many have already judged Mariner after 90 minutes.

It has to be said that despite playing the first game for a new coach after a lengthy break and adapting to a new tactical approach, TFC created more quality scoring chances last night than they typically have under Winter in the past against a top MLS club in an intimidating environment.

If Avila, Koevermans, Silva, and Johnson had converted any of their point blank opportunities, the tone of this thread would be entirely different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Fair enough. Unfortunately, many have already judged Mariner after 90 minutes.

It has to be said that despite playing the first game for a new coach after a lengthy break and adapting to a new tactical approach, TFC created more quality scoring chances last night than they typically have under Winter in the past against a top MLS club in an intimidating environment.

If Avila, Koevermans, Silva, and Johnson had converted any of their point blank opportunities, the tone of this thread would be entirely different.
    Your post begs the question:

Did you watch TFC v RSL at Rio Tinto earlier this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

You could basically take this quote and apply it to every post match thread of the season.