Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down POST GAME-TFC 0-2 Sporting Kansas City

Discuss
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The players are going to take another 1/2 season to adjust to Mariner's new scheme, no mattter how much screaming at them he does. I'd love to be on the outside of the locker room to see if his voice carries as much as it did over the TV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought we just played ok! TFC started SLOWLY, but second half could have easily scored 3 or 4 goals! Kansas hardly saw the ball for the majority of the second half!

I'm sure it will take a couple of games to get set into Mariner's style of play, but this was an ok start I thought. There is certainly no need to shit the bed due to this result. Avila was unlucky not to score and that goal could have changed the game just at the right time for TFC. I mean - how unlucky can you be hitting BOTH posts?!

Away at Kansas was NEVER going to be an easy game, so I'm not surprised at the result. But I'm happy that TFC got some posession in the second half and had quite a few chances on goal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can we make a rule that if anyone is going to come in and talk about how we were a goal post or two out of this game, can they please also cite the missed opportunities SKC had in the opening 20 mins? Seemed like there was about 1 every 2 mins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champions league is a right off. We'll be thrashed 10-0 with this form vs Santos.

I'm just about done with TFC and MLS all together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    My preference was to keep Winter, stick to the plan for once, and give him the entire last year in his contract of 2013.

Now it's fire Anselmi, Cochrane, Beirne, and let the new guy set up a plan that he will hopefully stick to for 3 years. Including the coach and core of players he picks FOR FUCK SAKES!

Anselmi is an ass-clown. That's not Mariner's fault so he get's my support because there is no alternative in this regard. Must support the skipper.
    This. Winter had basically 1 year after making changes to players he wanted.
    Let's not forget Mariner was involved in this process - and the team looked far worse under him than Winter.
    I thought Mariner said it would be a tweak here or there. Right now another overhaul is needed.

#SellTFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE could fire the entire coaching staff, replace them with a consortium of 5 of the worlds top managers and still lose as long as they continue to use the poorest collection of players in north america

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was our worst first half since Philly at home last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd half was better then the first for sure.

KC is a good team.

We should have had at least two goals.

The defence was shit.

We got some decent chances.

I sound like a broken record.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Im Really starting to hate gamedays now. I for one thought she should have stuck with Winter until the end of the season, Instead of this trainwreck. He still puts on Duncefield even though hes sloppy, the team looks like shit. There isnt much quality, but for crying out loud, play your heart out at least, not this half assed approach. I don't know how much more i can take of this honestly. This place will always be a joke unless they clean the ENTIRE upper management. Otherwise just fold the team. Do the city of Toronto a favor and just fold it. stop running the city's name under the mud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was such a letdown after watching Canada and Euro 2012. You know what is worse then anger? Apathy! I took off at half time to go for gelato and didn't even bother taping the 2nd half. I guess I made the right decision. How very sad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it hilarious that the same people who gave Winter a season and a half, are only giving Mariner ONE game to judge him! Sure, Winter would have got a result in this one, yeah....right!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Can we make a rule that if anyone is going to come in and talk about how we were a goal post or two out of this game, can they please also cite the missed opportunities SKC had in the opening 20 mins? Seemed like there was about 1 every 2 mins.
    Exactamundo! If you want to talk about missed opportunities, than 8-2 in favour of KC would have been a fair result.

"Players dictate the formation." Mariner is going find us a formation that does not require a central defender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JamboAl View Post
    This was such a letdown after watching Canada and Euro 2012. You know what is worse then anger? Apathy! I took off at half time to go for gelato and didn't even bother taping the 2nd half. I guess I made the right decision. How very sad.
    you actually missed a good second half by TFC!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Exactamundo! If you want to talk about missed opportunities, than 8-2 in favour of KC would have been a fair result.

"Players dictate the formation." Mariner is going find us a formation that does not require a central defender.
    Cann's injury didn't look good, so I think we will need a new one anyways!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I find it hilarious that the same people who gave Winter a season and a half, are only giving Mariner ONE game to judge him!
    We said that we would do that before the game. We also explained why. I think you've been on the board...
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but you are delusional, the second half meant nothing once they gave up 2 goals.
    Last edited by 69Chevy396; 06-16-2012 at 09:45 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll give benefit of doubt for now. clear that the team was getting used to new formation in first half, and playing against one of best teams in MLS, a loss was going to be likely result. once TFC switched to 4-4-2 diamond, things got better. unlucky to not to bury one of chances.
    the chances were there, so offence isn't total shambles. defence, another story, esp on set pieces

for Houston game, i'd like to see this (and assuming Cann is out for a while)

--------Kocic
    Hall-Eck-Henry-Morgan
    --------JDG
    ---Avia----Frings
    --------Silva
    -Koevermans-Johnson

I'm going to give Mariner few more games before making a judgement
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Sorry, but you are delusional
    Who? Anyone in particular? Honestly, I think we're all delusional, or at least were delusional at one time or another. Only way we could be following TFC and not yet have committed suicide.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We said that we would do that before the game. We also explained why. I think you've been on the board...
    Yes but I totally disagree with what everybody is saying. You simply CANNOT judge Mariner as a head coach by his roll in the office! Yes, I KNOW he had "some" influence - but being head coach is totally different. As I keep saying - its like saying Di Matteo would be a crappy coach as Chelsea were doing so badly with his as assistant! And Di Matteo proved that is totally wrong!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I actually thought we just played ok! TFC started SLOWLY, but second half could have easily scored 3 or 4 goals! Kansas hardly saw the ball for the majority of the second half!

I'm sure it will take a couple of games to get set into Mariner's style of play, but this was an ok start I thought. There is certainly no need to shit the bed due to this result. Avila was unlucky not to score and that goal could have changed the goal just at the right time for TFC. I mean - how unlucky can you be hitting BOTH posts?!

Away at Kansas was NEVER going to be an easy game, so I'm not surprised at the result. But I'm happy that TFC got some posession in the second hald and had quite a few chances on goal.
    Are you sure you watched TFC playing and not a replay form EURO12.

Possession, TFC and possession in tonight's game can not be in the same sentence.KC had 7fucking8% of possession in first 20 minutes of tonight's game.

Unlucky my ass,how many chances had KC in firts 15-20 minutes 3,4 just squeezed juts besides the posts,we were lucky that KC wasn't 4-0 in first 30 minutes today.

We are worst than we were 3 weeks ago,and it will not get any better this year and probably in near future.

TFC IS FUCKED AS LONG ANSELMI AND HIS PUPPETS ARE RUNNING THIS CLUB!!

ANSLEMI GTFO AND TAKE YOURS PUPPETS WITH YOU !
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fml. TFC just finds new and new ways to disappoint me each and every week. Frings looks a shadow of who he was last year. Koev missed a break away (although he does look thinner THANKFULLY). 5 Seasons of non-sense....how much do i miss the days of John Carver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meant for guy who said we played well in second half

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but you are delusional, the second half meant nothing once they gave up 2 goals.

Are you saying I am?

I thought we did ok tonight - hit the post a couple of times, took it to Kansas in the second half. As expected, it took a little while to get used to the new system, but after they did, TFC did alright tonight and could have easily scored a couple of the second half.

did you see the game differently to that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meant for guy who said we played well in second half

did you even SEE the second half???? We DID play quite well in the second half! Kansas hardly saw the ball for about 30 minutes of it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    i'll give benefit of doubt for now. clear that the team was getting used to new formation in first half, and playing against one of best teams in MLS, a loss was going to be likely result. once TFC switched to 4-4-2 diamond, things got better. unlucky to not to bury one of chances.
    the chances were there, so offence isn't total shambles. defence, another story, esp on set pieces

for Houston game, i'd like to see this (and assuming Cann is out for a while)

--------Kocic
    Hall-Eck-Henry-Morgan
    --------JDG
    ---Avia----Frings
    --------Silva
    -Koevermans-Johnson

I'm going to give Mariner few more games before making a judgement

switch avila on to the left and frings as the anchor not Jdg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we've had about 130 players in 5 1/2 years? Maybe we can make it to 160 by next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be funny if we turn on the German game and see Frings on the sidelines begging to be let back on the team

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did things get better in the 2nd.... relative statement because we needed 2 to draw and couldn't manage one... because our shape improved or because SKC was up 2-0 against the league's worst offensive teams and they have a mid-week game coming up on Wednesday against Seattle?

Either or, it's a loss and a loss is unacceptable. This is being hung on Anselmi's shoulders like every one of our miserable annual campaigns.

Again, I'm not advocating for firing Mariner and moving on to our 8th coach. I'm an advocate of clearing house with Anselmi and crew, establishing a new leader and letting him make the decision on Mariner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can not turn our backs on this team in this time of needing support, I will be disgusted with anyone who drops their season tickets strictly based on their on the on-field product. I understand it if is an economic, health, family or health situation but turning your back strictly based on the fact this team is losing is not an option.

The loss tonight in KC was hard to take, but we need to stay strong, keep our heads up and come out loud and proud next Saturday and show the lads we are still behind them regardless of what happens in Houston.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!