RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Molinaro piece is not your usual soccer reporting. Refreshing, insightful and not about football. I liked it.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh a nice sunny monday off. . . . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to those who orderd tix for Honduras in 112!! Tix for the section have been sold out and sales for the South end are now closed!

Ordered Supporters section tix are available for pickup at Maro Pre-Game only (starting at 4pm)

Make sure you pick up a flag or two for only $5 each!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Thanks to those who orderd tix for Honduras in 112!! Tix for the section have been sold out and sales for the South end are now closed!

Ordered Supporters section tix are available for pickup at Maro Pre-Game only (starting at 4pm)

Make sure you pick up a flag or two for only $5 each!!

AND JUST AS A REMINDER 112 IS TREATED AS GENERAL ADMISSION,FIRST COME FIRST SERVE ,IF YO HAVE FRIENDS COMING WITH YOU LET THEM KNOW SO WE DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT BULLSHIT ALL OVER AGAIN! !

Thanks
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    The Molinaro piece is not your usual soccer reporting. Refreshing, insightful and not about football. I liked it.
    no doubt he was a class act - something at odds with the MLSE atmosphere

he says Winter 'stepped down' and i've read that elsewhere - i thought he was removed...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^well said, D.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    no doubt he was a class act - something at odds with the MLSE atmosphere

he says Winter 'stepped down' and i've read that elsewhere - i thought he was removed...
    Apparently he was offered a position elsewhere with the team, likely with the academy, but he declined.

I think you can say "He was stepped downed."

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I have to agree. One of the things I always noticed with Aron whenever I would go to gate 4 post game he would always come over and ask us what we thought of the game, no matter what the result and listened to our feeback every time.

Its too bad things didn't work out for such a classy guy. A great piece by Molinaro that lets us all see that side of him.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a coach, I took issue with a lot of things Aron did, and said so in print.

But as a person, he was a true gentleman who I could find no fault with. As I said, classy doesn't even begin to describe Aron Winter, and I'm honoured that he considers me a friend. The feeling is mutual.

I firmly believe the way he conducted himself under pressure will have more of a long-term and positive influence on the current roster of players than the short-term experience of losing nine of 10 games.

John Molinaro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can honestly say, i hope hes back at tfc in the later future.

He took part in the evolution of tfc, from the club stand point

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    As a coach, I took issue with a lot of things Aron did, and said so in print.

But as a person, he was a true gentleman who I could find no fault with. As I said, classy doesn't even begin to describe Aron Winter, and I'm honoured that he considers me a friend. The feeling is mutual.

I firmly believe the way he conducted himself under pressure will have more of a long-term and positive influence on the current roster of players than the short-term experience of losing nine of 10 games.

John Molinaro
    Would just like to express that I greatly appreciated your piece; objective, with twist.

Before reading it, I was still feeling somewhat sickly over recent developments at the club. I'm not happy, now, by any stretch.. but, finally, I feel able to turn the page.

Thanks, Mr. Molinaro, for sharing; the class you've shown, here, is certainly on par with that which Winter had extended you and your father.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Would just like to express that I greatly appreciated your piece; objective, with twist.

Before reading it, I was still feeling somewhat sickly over recent developments at the club. I'm not happy, now, by any stretch.. but, finally, I feel able to turn the page.

Thanks, Mr. Molinaro, for sharing; the class you've shown, here, is certainly on par with that which Winter had extended you and your father.
    +1. Great piece, and a nice counter to all the tactical bashing Mr. Winter's been receiving during/since his departure. Keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Wow, that's a very touching story regarding Winter's gesture towards Mr. Molinaro Sr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was touched by that story as well. He seems like too nice a guy for everything to go wrong like it did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daniel Girard ‏@dgtorstar Toronto FC training was much more competitive and upbeat today, the first under new head coach Paul Mariner. http://tinyurl.com/7dxfp5d

I think Girard is going to need treatment for lock-jaw if he keeps this performance up.