Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default North Stand Suggestion!

Suggestion....

Would it be possible to reserve the enitre north end temp stand for RPB for ONE GAME!...

In exchange to TFC all RPB will surrender there tickets where ever the RPB sit throughout the stadium....and be givin a seat in the TEMP STAND!

I would like to see what kind of atmosphere it would bring.....mabey a TRIAL run for the FUTURE!

thoughts!!

Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 08-03-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great idea. I would want Toronto to be playing facing northwards in the second half though.

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Suggestion....

Would it be possible to resereve the enitre north end temp stand for RPR for ONE GAME!...

In exchange to TFC all RPB will surrender there tickets where ever the RPB sit throughout the stadium....and be givin a seat in the TEMP STAND!

It would like to see what kind of atmosphere it would bring.....mabey a TRIAL run for the FUTURE!

thoughts!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a good idea.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPR?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea, but will that temp stand be able to hold up to the abuse?

I_AM_CANADIAN

Who's going to occupy your old seats, though? It'd be kind of short notice, and also, I don't think that temp. stand is big enough for all the RPBs in BMO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They said it was able to hold 900 people.

It's just big enough.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's an interesting idea for sure.
    I'm not sure what the logistical issues would be.

the only issue I have... I don't want to give the FO the impression that a 900 seat stand is all we need in a long term situation.
    But this would be a decent test run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    They said it was able to hold 900 people.

It's just big enough.
    If we good get 900 of us in the same stand at BMO....i think you all know what would happen!

ONe CAPO(FLUSH) dead center!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is RPR?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    What is RPR?

corrected!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah stink, I dunno why I didn't clue in. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sat in the north end for the PR game, and I honestly don't think it would be strong enough to hold 900+ people jumping and moving for 90 minutes. They were just like bleachers you'd see at a small baseball field or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sab0tage View Post
    I sat in the north end for the PR game, and I honestly don't think it would be strong enough to hold 900+ people jumping and moving for 90 minutes. They were just like bleachers you'd see at a small baseball field or something.
    Oh man, we'd bust that thing up in the first 20 minutes. We wouldn't even get a chance to get to Dichio 24!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good suggestion,

practical?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this idea. I've noticed in the last few away games just how hardcore the NEE guys are, they sing for the full 90 and are much better at coordination than the South is (yes I know they have a smaller area to cover). It would be a good learning experience for the South and would focus all the supporters in one general area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South End is to divided and broken up, unless the South End tickets are given to supporter grouups to sell the atmosphere will never improve. It is time for all supporters to move and unite in the North End!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    it's an interesting idea for sure.
    I'm not sure what the logistical issues would be.

the only issue I have... I don't want to give the FO the impression that a 900 seat stand is all we need in a long term situation.
    But this would be a decent test run.
    that is true, if the North End became the new supporters section and the supporters Unite together like i think we would it wouldn't take long before the North End is to full and hundreds can not get into the North End...but the way things are now in the south End, it is the only way the support will improve!
    Last edited by james; 06-05-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    that is true, if the North End became the new supporters section and the supporters Unite together like i think we would it wouldn't take long before the North End is to full and hundreds/thousand can not get into the North End...but the way things are now in the south End, it is the only way the support will improve!
    agreed and disagree. it'd be great to have a united supporter voice (oh god, can you imagine the massive on BOTH sides!?) but they'd obviously have to move the away stand. my main concern is with banners. there's no way in hell they'd let banners drape over their previous boxes.

exec, is there any update on this?
    ive lurked around a bit and i cant find any "we're looking into it" or "this issue is dead" posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it will never happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It happened for the Canada game. USA supporters filled close to half of the North Stand. They draped their banners down and everything. Worked quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would certainly revamp dying atmosphere. MLSE would be fools to not consider it.

How exactly is dialog between SG's and the FO facilitated anyway? I imagine there's more to it then their once-in-a-blue-moon town hall meetings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tickets in 132, row 1 (north end behind the net) and have been a Season Ticket Holder since year 1. I believe the season ticket holder base in my section has gone from 1 row to 15+ rows this year after they dropped the ticket prices this year. I love my seats and have a core group of good fans around me that do also.

Are you guy proposing that the team kick us out of our seats so the RPB members can move in? I'm quite certain that you guys would stage the mother of all protests (and/or cancel your season tickets) if the team did the same thing to you.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    I have tickets in 132, row 1 (north end behind the net) and have been a Season Ticket Holder since year 1. I believe the season ticket holder base in my section has gone from 1 row to 15+ rows this year after they dropped the ticket prices this year. I love my seats and have a core group of good fans around me that do also.

Are you guy proposing that the team kick us out of our seats so the RPB members can move in? I'm quite certain that you guys would stage the mother of all protests (and/or cancel your season tickets) if the team did the same thing to you.
    He's proposing that all the Supporters Groups move there. It's not a new suggestion and you've brought up one of the biggest issues with the proposition.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    He's proposing that all the Supporters Groups move there. It's not a new suggestion and you've brought up one of the biggest issues with the proposition.
    Pretty much, yup.

There was a window that it might have happened but TFC do not consult us on pricing stuff and in the past it was way too much to even consider going there. On top of that we had a vote and the majority of members voiced concern over a relocation to that stand.

The best solution is to give control of a section to a supporters group but the legality and complexities of such a move make it very hard. Its always talked about and known that we would love to have control over our own section.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Pretty much, yup.

There was a window that it might have happened but TFC do not consult us on pricing stuff and in the past it was way too much to even consider going there. On top of that we had a vote and the majority of members voiced concern over a relocation to that stand.

The best solution is to give control of a section to a supporters group but the legality and complexities of such a move make it very hard. Its always talked about and known that we would love to have control over our own section.
    Ahhh, control of our own section, just like how Philadephia, Portland, Houston, Colorado, Kansas Ciry and to a lesser extent, Seattle, Chicago and Montreal (to name a few) seem to have control of their sections!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Ahhh, control of our own section, just like how Philadephia, Portland, Houston, Colorado, Kansas Ciry and to a lesser extent, Seattle, Chicago and Montreal (to name a few) seem to have control of their sections!
    well, from my talks with the union fans, it's an accountability thing. you show your card to gain entrance to the section, and if something comes up, you're asked to present it. if you refuse, they deal with you old country way. it's kinda like the suggestion i had about having an "RPB rep" for gameday issues. im sick of clowns coming over, starting shit and then hearing about how it's all on us.

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    dmacd, immediately going on the offensive. nice!

Last edited by __wowza; 06-05-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South End is to divided and broken up, unless the South End tickets are given to supporter grouups to sell the atmosphere will never improve. It is time for all supporters to move and unite in the North End!!
    2 issues

there are already a bunch of season tickets in the north stand
    price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well obviously its hard since there are fans already in the North Stand, so what do you do? my only option i could think of is offer the current North End season ticket holders to remain where they are or to relocate to another section. Its the same problem we would have in the south end, supporters are divided in the South End and supporters really want more of a propper supporters end with more control over ticket sales but every single section of the stadium has current season ticket holders.

as for price, North End was over priced from day 1. It was more then half empty every game when that stand first opened up. Id really like them to drop the prices more, when you look at the bad performance we deserve it, and with less and less demand for tickets it would make sense, but the way MLSE are thats unlikely, they never like to drop prices no matter what!

All this said tho, i really don't think MLSE even care enough to try helping supporter groups move to a new section at BMO field.
    Last edited by james; 06-05-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well obviously its hard since there are fans already in the North Stand, so what do you do? my only option i could think of is offer the current North End season ticket holders to remain where they are or to relocate to another section. Its the same problem we would have in the south end, supporters are divided in the South End and supporters really want more of a propper supporters end with more control over ticket sales but every single section of the stadium has current season ticket holders.

as for price, North End was over priced from day 1. It was more then half empty every game when that stand first opened up. Id really like them to drop the prices more, when you look at the bad performance we deserve it, and with less and less demand for tickets it would make sense, but the way MLSE are thats unlikely, they never like to drop prices no matter what!

All this said tho, i really don't think MLSE even care enough to try helping supporter groups move to a new section at BMO field.
    still doesn't solve the issue of the supporters needing to have control of the supporters end if they are given the choice to stay;

simply put, too many times RPB and other TFC supporters have been blamed and punished for actions of guys who show up for their 1 game a year after having watch the Football Factories, Green Street, and YouTube Videos and decided it'd be "cool" and "awesome" to have their own "hooligan day out" without ever really having to face the concequences and instead its these people that ruin the supporters experience for the supporters that are there game in and game out, who make the flags, sing the songs, beat the drum, put up the banners and give it their damn all to support TFC!