Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Senior Academy 0 - SC Toronto 0

My first academy game of the season. There were about 25-30 supporters at the game. It was nice to see people come out and put on a good display for the kids; we were defintely loud and boistourous. I wish more people would come out because it was a lot of fun and unlike BMO Field, flares are allowed and the guys who set it all up, put some really good work into it and it looked fantastic!

The game itself wasn't much; several good chances for either side, but just a lot of back and forth between the two 18 yeard boxes, neither team really being able to penetrate each other's back line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was this at Downsview or Lamport?

I might start going to some Downsview games as I live like 10Min away and it sounds like fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this was the only game at Lamport this season, below is the schedule for future games

Sat, May 05 Invista Centre 7:00 PM Kingston FC 2 - 4 TFC Academy
    Sun, May 20 Lions Park 6:00 PM Brantford Galaxy 1 - 0 TFC Academy
    Sun, May 27 Downsview Park 2:00 PM TFC Academy 6 - 0 London City
    Sun, Jun 03 CS St Jean De Vianney 2:00 PM Montreal Impact Academy 1 - 0 TFC Academy
    Fri, Jun 08 Lamport Stadium 8:00 PM SC Toronto 0 - 0 TFC Academy
    Sun, Jun 17 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros TFC Academy
    Fri, Jun 22 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Mississauga Eagles FC
    Fri, Jun 29 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Kingston FC
    Sat, Jul 07 Kalar 7:00 PM Niagara United TFC Academy
    Fri, Jul 13 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy York Region Shooters
    Sun, Jul 15 Victoria Park 3:00 PM Brampton City Utd TFC Academy
    Fri, Jul 20 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy North York Astros
    Fri, Jul 27 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Windsor Stars
    Fri, Aug 17 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy SC Waterloo
    Fri, Aug 24 Hershey Centre 8:00 PM Mississauga Eagles FC TFC Academy
    Wed, Aug 29 Club Roma 8:00 PM St. Catharines Roma Wolves TFC Academy
    Fri, Sep 07 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Toronto Croatia
    Sun, Sep 09 St. Joan of Arc 6:30 PM York Region Shooters TFC Academy
    Fri, Sep 14 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Montreal Impact Academy
    Fri, Sep 21 Centennial Stadium 8:00 PM Serbian White Eagles TFC Academy
    Fri, Sep 28 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy SC Toronto
    Fri, Oct 05 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Serbian White Eagles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

game was kinda lackluster, SKY kept us entertained for the first half

it's funny, the regular crowd was angry with us but the league and both teams thanked us for coming and asked when we would return

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    pure genius...haha..even I didn't tthink about the see thru effect of the lettering.........the smoke dismantles my lungs but the visual is gold
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great efforts lads! It's too bad that was the last Lamport game of the year but at least the team will visit SC Toronto at least once a year!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know the line up for the academy match?

Here is the summary from the 4-3 lose in DC for the reserves.

Scoring summary DC – Stephen King 16
    DC – Maicon Santos (Kurt Morsink, Emilano Dudar) 20
    TOR – Peri Marosevic (Keith Makubuya) 29
    TOR – Keith Makubuya (Nick Soolsma) 47
    DC – Chris Pontius 53
    DC – Hamdi Salihi (Ricky Burke) 80
    TOR – Nick Soolsma 89

Misconduct Summary
    DC – Irvin Herrera (caution) 84

Lineups
    D.C. United: Joe Willis; Chris Korb, Ethan White, Emiliano Dudar (Ricky Burke** 45), Lewis Neal; Kurt Morsink, Marcelo Saragosa, Nick DeLeon (Andy Najar 66), Stephen King (Denis Najar* 87); Maicon Santos (Irvin Herrera** 83), Chris Pontius (Hamdi Salihi 62).

Toronto: Quillan Roberts; Ty Harden (Roberto Galle** 28), Dicoy Williams, Miguel Aceval, Tyler Pasher; Matt Stinson, Oscar Gordon (Michael Wagenknecht* 83), Junior Burgos (Mario Orestano* 69); Nick Soolsma, Keith Mukubuya, Peri Marosevic**.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peri Marosevic is back? Maybe after turning down TFC's contract he is ready to reconsider.

Also, I had full intentions to make it down for the academy game, but I had to stay late at work and wouldn't be able to make it from Barrie. That'll be this years regret. Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Anyone know the line up for the academy match?

Here is the summary from the 4-3 lose in DC for the reserves.

Scoring summary DC – Stephen King 16
    DC – Maicon Santos (Kurt Morsink, Emilano Dudar) 20
    TOR – Peri Marosevic (Keith Makubuya) 29
    TOR – Keith Makubuya (Nick Soolsma) 47
    DC – Chris Pontius 53
    DC – Hamdi Salihi (Ricky Burke) 80
    TOR – Nick Soolsma 89

Misconduct Summary
    DC – Irvin Herrera (caution) 84

Lineups
    D.C. United: Joe Willis; Chris Korb, Ethan White, Emiliano Dudar (Ricky Burke** 45), Lewis Neal; Kurt Morsink, Marcelo Saragosa, Nick DeLeon (Andy Najar 66), Stephen King (Denis Najar* 87); Maicon Santos (Irvin Herrera** 83), Chris Pontius (Hamdi Salihi 62).

Toronto: Quillan Roberts; Ty Harden (Roberto Galle** 28), Dicoy Williams, Miguel Aceval, Tyler Pasher; Matt Stinson, Oscar Gordon (Michael Wagenknecht* 83), Junior Burgos (Mario Orestano* 69); Nick Soolsma, Keith Mukubuya, Peri Marosevic**.

not a real clue...tfc said they'd have more coverage of the academy this year...im still waiting

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting this prizby. Academy games are good times. For me, a true and worthwhile supporting experience. Come once and you will understand. Players genuinely appreciate the support. And yes, Sky on capo duty is worth the price of admission in itself. Clone that kid 20,000 times over and we would be like a fucking top club side in Turkey in 8 years.

We all piss on the yellow football team haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    Some video from behind the banner:

(EDIT: can't embed it on iPhone, pain in the ass, if some mod could please convert this it would be a appreciated, thanks). More vids on Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_DcKubUZrs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

EDIT2: Link fixed
    Last edited by Yagbod; 06-10-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as always EXCELLENT write up but Rocket Robin

Result of the Friday June 8, 2012 CSL game between SC Toronto and TFC Academy played at Lamport Stadium in Toronto at 8:00pm.

Final Score:....SC Toronto......0.....TFC Academy......0......

Attendance was about 200 people on this warm evening.

Scott Cliff earned the shutout for SC Toronto and Angelo Cavalluzzo for TFC Academy. Both had to make a few good saves but were not under continuous pressure during the entire game. Most saves especially near the end were on 25 yard shots as the shooters gave
    up on trying to run through the opposition defences. Neither team played particularly well not being able to put away their chances
    and most shots and finishing passes were off target. SC Toronto had more chances throughout the game.

Best non-scoring chances were at 18 minutes when TFCA Marko Miketic rushed up the right side and saved the ball on the end line and
    crossed across the face of the net and TFCA Omari Morris kick a 4 yarder off the right post and the ball was pushed over the
    end line for a cornerkick on the right. 35 minutes had SCT Ilya Orlov chip a 60 yard ball down the middle that bounced and found
    SCT Jarek Whiteman at 12 yards who shot over the net. 89 minutes had SCT Daniel Fabrizi cross from 25 yards on the right and SCT
    Evroy Junior Ellis head a 6 yarder on the left that the goalie fumbled on the left post but push for a cornerkick. Ellis then headed the resulting cornerkick over the net from 12 yards.

Both teams tonight had scored ten goals in league play with SCT only allowing two and TFCA letting in three. SCT record moves
    to two wins, no losses, two ties. TFCA record is two wins, two losses, one tie. Both teams are comfortable playoff contenders so far this season.

About 60 fans were from the TFC fan groups. They were somewhat quiet in the first half but sang louder in the second half. Seeing no goals being scored by TFCA, they started lighting fireworks at 65 minutes.

After the game I asked some questions to the three TFC coaches talking to each other on the field as the players wound down. Danny Dichio (Academy First team head coach, Anthony Capotosto CSL Reserves League head coach, and Academy Director Thomas Rongen). Mostly I wanted to know what does the team do with any 18 year old player not getting a pro contract. There were five players tonight (seven on the roster I believe) playing for SC Toronto who came through their Academy. (funny that Rongen wondered if the way I asked my question was if these SCT players were "haunting" or "hunting" his players). I am interested in TFCA bridging the gap between their
    Under 18 team and their MLS team.

First thing confirmed is there is no mandate from the CSL league that the Academy have to stick to under 18 year old players. (Montreal Impact Academy of this league runs to age 21 and scooped up the CSL's leading scorer last year who played for TFCA the last two years).

Dichio said they had four 16 year old players in the game tonight. (I noticed that they had only five subs on their bench...later reading that Tyler Pasher and Michael Wagenknecht were away with the TFC Reserves team playing in Washington in a 4-3 loss to DC United).

This year, Dichio said, they do have some 'overage' players. They also have a team that plays in the Ontario Soccer League for overage players like those home from college for the summer. Only player I can think of right now is tonight's goalie Angelo Cavalluzzo who I've read is already 18.

Saying goodbye and mentioning that I'd missed the game rescheduled from a Friday night two weeks ago, they said they were moving permanently to Downsview Park this Monday. (Lamport Stadium is the home ground of SC Toronto). TFCA was the final GTA team in the league that I hadn't seen so far this year.

Rogers Television were at the Mississauga Eagles FC vs Toronto Croatia game tonight. That game ended 3-2 with 2011 league MVP
    Tihomir Maletic scoring the winning goal right at the end for Croatia. That broadcast was taped for showing on Sunday night and will be much more exciting for any neutral observer.

This is the third 0-0 game in a row that I've attended this week. The international friendly between Canada and the USA and the PDL game between Toronto Lynx and Michigan Bucks were much more nailbiting exciting.

Rocket Robin
    robing@eol.ca

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downsview on Friday night.......you know if I was TFC I'd be pimping these games to all and sundry as a way to get people committed to TFC long term.

Somebody mention to Rogers/Bell that one of the farm teams plays in the city and see what they do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Good point but corporations by default care not a fig for the long term. Get something, suck as much money out of it ASAP... sustainability? LMAO who cares!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone confirm or deny that the super-secret OSL overage academy/academy grad team is playing Tuesday at Esther Shiner against Woodbridge Strikers?? Like to go, but is it happening?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The schedule is on the OSL website so not sure it is "super-secret":

http://ontariosl.com/Games_Schedules.aspx

1994 T.F.C. Tue Jun 12 21:00 Esther Shiner Stadium Toronto F.C. Academy Woodbridge Strikers
    1995 T.F.C. Wed Jun 20 21:00 Esther Shiner Stadium Toronto F.C. Academy AC Soccer Diavoli
    1996 T.F.C. Tue Jun 26 21:00 Esther Shiner Stadium Toronto F.C. Academy Blackstar FC
    1997 T.F.C. Tue Jul 3 20:00 Downsview Park Toronto F.C. Academy Caledon FC
    1998 T.F.C. Tue Jul 10 20:00 Downsview Park Toronto F.C. Academy Woodbridge Azzurri
    1999 T.F.C. Tue Jul 17 20:00 Downsview Park Toronto F.C. Academy Toronto Celtic
    2000 T.F.C. Tue Jul 24 20:00 Downsview Park Toronto F.C. Academy Ulster Thistle
    2001 T.F.C. Tue Jul 31 20:00 Downsview Park Toronto F.C. Academy Sigma FC
    2002 T.F.C. Tue Aug 7 20:00 Downsview Park Toronto F.C. Academy GS United
    1993 T.F.C. Mon Dec 31 21:00 Birchmount Stadium Toronto F.C. Academy PCC Mississauga

Looks like they are playing all the provincial elite division teams.
    Last edited by CSO_BBTB; 06-11-2012 at 02:11 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anybody see it on Wed? A guy I know's son is playing for the overage team.