Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck, this place makes me depressed.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Again... TFC brings us an inexperienced solution.

Saddest news of this whole thing is that Winter was offered a role with the Academy but turned it down. Good for him.

What does this mean for the shiny new Academy? Parents beware. Do your homework there isn't much behind the hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team and this organization is a joke. I think I'm getting pretty close to just forgetting about the team. Way too much turnover and no real direction in what they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    Mariner is a asshole he was waiting for this moment

He was waiting for this for sure. There was a palace coup with Cohrane Mariner the conspirators. Anslemi got his man in there and Paul Bierne
    can dream up exotic FRIENDLIES for us to play in and milk the last few dollars from the soccer supportors in this city

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBarrie View Post
    Fans the world over have SUPPORTED THEIR TEAM FOR OVER 100 YEARS and don't complain the why the people on these boards do. The team owes you NOTHING. It's been 6 years. Get over yourself and lose the high and mighty "we are supporters" attitude and enjoy some fucking football.
    Talk about high and mighty!

Before you start taking shots at people, who you know nothing of their history when it comes to football support, for this club or any other, perhaps you can share a little bit of yours? Since you seem to know it all about what is proper about supporting a club and what views we are allowed to have.

From your post earlier, you are over the moon with these changes. Good for you! Just because you are happy doesn't mean the rest of us are or have to be.

I've been a football supporter for 35+ years, so don't try and talk down to someone that doesn't agree with you.

If you don't like what you read on these boards, then don't read it. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, even if you don't agree.

Hell, I don't agree with a lot of what is on this board, but I'm not going to bitch about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From that statement I would think you don't really know supporter culture.

Do some research before you call people high and mighty.
    I was born in Glasgow, my father has supported Celtic since 1952 and my Grandfather before him. I was born in 1977, I moved to this country, of which I am a proud Canadian, in 2003. I have supported local football since the day I arrived here.

MODERATOR NOTE:

Offending comments have been deleted and infraction handed out. Please re-read the forum rules regarding personal attacks.

- Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 06-07-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is incredibly stupid management practice to pick sides in an internal fight. That's what TFC did today. There is a lot that will play itself out over the rest of the season imo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    The process SHOULD have been:

-when they hired Winter and Co all other parts of the management regime should have been canned. No Anselmi...no cochrane...no Brennan...fuck..even no Dichio.

-a proper clean slate.

-then...no Mariner. There was no need to have a guy with OBVIOUS conflicting philosophies on the game looking over the shoulder of the new coach and his team.

Then...if/when Winter and Co. failed they could properly clean house. Instead, we have bits and pieces of this fucked up organization not only still here...but FUCKING PROMOTED.

Here's what I would like. A president who knows the game. Not the MLS game.....the entire game. A guy who will come in...appoint the right people in the right spots and more than anything: not give the supporters what he thinks they want.

I want a guy who will say "Here is my vision. You don't like it? Tough. What do you know?"

There are far too many people around this club that just don't have the experience or the pedigree to lead me to believe that they know what they're talking about. Or at least trust in their vision.

We had a couple of guys that fit that bill but we weren't willing to give them more time. And I get that. After 5 years of no results, they becomes paramount. But to suggest that Mariner and Brennan and Cochrane will be any better? Based on what exactly?

Tell me what any of those guys have done in terms of playing/teaching the game...especially in comparison to Winter and DeKlerk.
    I am not suggesting that anybody at the franchise now is more qualified than Winter. I am just saying that this is all part of the neccesary process to remove the real problem that festers behind the scenes.

You are suggesting a scenario that did not happen, in which this inept management group did things right. They didn't, and they won't.

What you are proposing is a competent management team running the franchise. I am totally on board with that.

I am just saying this shit show is neccesary because idiot Anselmi won't step down until the bitter, bitter end.

To be honest, I think he would rather turf the franchise altogether than admit to his management failure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The future is in the hands of a manager with a terrible record and Jim Brennan. Run by ABC. The future has never looked bleaker than this. Atleast with Winter we had the illusion
    of something young, dynamic and unknown......with this move don't you feel you already know how it will look? Shambles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fans the world over have SUPPORTED THEIR TEAM FOR OVER 100 YEARS and don't complain the why the people on these boards do. The team owes you NOTHING. It's been 6 years. Get over yourself and lose the high and mighty "we are supporters" attitude and enjoy some fucking football.
    I suspect you'll find this picture of supporters just happily supporting losing teams for 100 years, no matter what happens, to be a false one. In what universe are sports fans just supposed to sit back and enjoy whatever on-field product the owners decide to poop out for them?

Beyond being just fans, we are customers. It's our money that they take, and we are entitled to voice our displeasure with what our money is buying us.

If I just wanted to sit back and watch some football, irrespective of results or quality, I'll go down to my local highschool and watch the teenagers play.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offending comments removed by moderator
    Last edited by Jack; 06-07-2012 at 03:52 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offending comments removed by moderator
    Yup, how to win friends and influence people.

Just because your family never questionned the board doesn't mean the rest of us havn't, with family histories just as long as yours btw.

Oh...and google St. Pauli while you are at it.

Your own frames of reference are not necessarily the only one that occurs.

Which is the beautry of TFC, btw.
    Last edited by Jack; 06-07-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I suspect you'll find this picture of supporters just happily supporting losing teams for 100 years, no matter what happens, to be a false one. In what universe are sports fans just supposed to sit back and enjoy whatever on-field product the owners decide to poop out for them?

Beyond being just fans, we are customers. It's our money that they take, and we are entitled to voice our displeasure with what our money is buying us.

If I just wanted to sit back and watch some football, irrespective of results or quality, I'll go down to my local highschool and watch the teenagers play.

- Scott
    That's not EXACTLY what I was going for with that one Shakes. Supporters, of course, have the right to complain, but it's been 6 years with this team, give it some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK guys... time to back away from the keyboard for a few minutes..

We're all on the same side here.

Please let the comments lay.. no more fuel on the fire please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offending comments removed by moderator.
    And do you think you might have had a different experience if you didn't support a team that is almost always winning? Have you seen how supporters act in Italy? Heck, even West Ham fans had a go at the manager all year and they spent most of it in first place. They were upset because he didn't provide them with the style they wanted.
    Last edited by Jack; 06-07-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter's record was such that he needed to go. I don't doubt that. BUT, should have happened earlier - the Brennan move forced upon him was pure unprofessionalism. And Mariner should NOT be taking over. They should have found an outside manager. In fact, Mariner should have been let go along with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the team is still young, it would be nice to see some post season, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to respond to the personal attack on my post by TFC Barrie, but I see I have no need as others have done so for me.
    Pal, there was no need to lose your rag. I ressonded repsectfully to your post, and if you cannot debate respectfully on here with people I suggest you move along.
    FWIW, I have supported TFC since day 1 and Manchester City since 1973 so I think I get the whole supporter thing, but thanks for your imput.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCBarrie,
    I deleted your post..
    Please take a break or it will result in an infraction.

Thank You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Winter's record was such that he needed to go. I don't doubt that. BUT, should have happened earlier - the Brennan move forced upon him was pure unprofessionalism. And Mariner should NOT be taking over. They should have found an outside manager. In fact, Mariner should have been let go along with him.

Yeah, how the hell does Winter get fired and Mariner gets promoted? Wasn't he in charge of with player acquisitions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys

personal attacks will not be tolerated and there will be no further warnings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Tom Anselmi's club. 6 seasons, 7 coaches, 0 Playoffs, 203 matches, 61 wins, -86 mother fucking goal differential

The fact that this guy still has a job and is the one calling the shots for Toronto FC, is the biggest fucking joke I have ever heard.

Mark my words, as God as my witness: As long as this man is running our club, we will continue to see the shit show that is Toronto FC.

This team is not only the biggest joke in MLS history, it's soon becoming the biggest joke in sports history.

This man needs to go. This needs to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fans that supported their clubs for 100 years regardless of the results had good reasons. One of them is that they were not franchises but actual football clubs that started from the ground up and have built a relationship with their fans. TFC and MLSE have adopted the modernist mentality which completely disconnects the supporter from the club where you're a number and a bum in the seat that earns X amount of dollars on game day. Then you hear the terms supply and demand and product on the pitch. That wouldn't have existed 100 years ago.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 06-07-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(to the tune of que serra serra)

when I was just a little boy,
    i asked my mother what will I be?
    will i be helpful?
    will i be liked?
    here's what she said to me:
    hey tommy, tommy
    whatever will be will be
    just fire each coach you see
    hey tommy tommy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi did not hire the right man. It stands to reason Winter did not implement the right system. But didn't Klinsmann advise of the hiring? Shouldn't most blame be laid to him? Anselmi didn't hire this guy on a whim, he put stock into Klinsmann's help in building a vision, and we were all on board with it.

I wonder what Anselmi's requirements and suggestions for Klinsmann in terms of the vision of the club. From what I gather it was:

1) Attractive Football that is Technically Focused, Possession Oriented
    2) Top-Down Re-Structure (Academy + Youth Vision, build talent locally to promote or sell abroad)
    3) Winning Club able to make the playoffs
    4) All achieved within a 3 Year Mark

other than the Academy (in which there is just not enough data to say whether or not it is improved) every facet has failed miserably, although, both thankfully and unfortunately, we didn't give Winter another other year to turn things around.

From a Business perspective, Anselmi won't get fired as the team does generate revenue, but he made miserable investment in Klinsmann's advisory team that has failed on such a monumental scale... The board has to seriously look at all that wasteful spending as reason to seriously take him far away from this club. What a joke this guy is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    he knew what was expected, Aron was brought in with Paul to have us play the 4-3-3. That was decided before the staff were brought in
    Oh, it's a problem alright. And it's one of the reasons that a manager should bring in their own staff and not get saddled with the staff the organization wants them to have.

The fact that Mariner didn't bring in the right players for Winter's 4-3-3 vision doesn't indicate anything about his ability to succeed IMHO.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's easy to support a club like Celtic. A team that has finished out of the top 3 6 times over the last 50 years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    It's easy to support a club like Celtic. A team that has finished out of the top 3 6 times over the last 50 years.
    throwing out a warning, not just to you, but everyone:
    the post has been reported, deleted and dealt with.

we're all in agreement that it was a pretty gnarly response, so let's move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariners quote below..
    "At the present moment, we've just got to try to change things a little bit," Mariner said. "Only a few minor adjustments need to be made, in my viewpoint. We've got a lot of work to do starting this week. Two very, very big games and very important games. You've just go to wait and see what happens. We're going to get results, it's just that simple."

So my question is did they have to fire Winter for this to happen?.. For Mariners sake i hope he gets the results becuase by seasons end if this club has not improved he's the next Anselmi scapegoat

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the presser now...just some stream of consciousness thoughts....

1. Anselmi's body language is pathetic. Sit up straight you shit head. You like like bratty kid who doesn't want to be there.

2. Nigel Reed is a bitch. Ask a fucking question instead of lobbing a softball statement for Anselmi to dismiss.

3. Jon Molinaro. Kudos. Asking real questions. All he can do is ask. He cant stop Anselmi from blaming everybody else.

4. The next question (Rollins? Guy from The Score? I know I recognize the voice). Good question asked. Anselmi still blaming everyone else though. Funny to hear Anselmi "answer" questions. He is just throwing shit against the wall (while blaming Winter for absolutely everything)

5. Grange with a good question. Did Anselmi just say a lack of stability was a problem?! Holy shit is this guy retarded.

6. Another "question" from Nigel. This time to Mariner. Wow. Losing a lot of respect for this guy's "journalism". Is he auditioning for a job with MLSE? Anselmi's body language is still pathetic. Sit up!!

7. Molinaro - "So why Paul?", Anselmi - "Im familiar with him", hahaha. So basically, Mariner was just the closest person. Molinaro is killing this press conference.

8. Questions from Kay and Sharman - good questions, but Anselmi can't answer stuff about tactics. Id be surprised if he knows how many players are on the field at a time.

9. Molinaro - another good question about why it has taken so long. Anselmi has a bunch of excuses. Good to know that "six years in", he's gotta get this right.

10. Wow, really, they referenced 2007 to cite previous successes. Holy fucking hell!

In summation; Molinaro, you are the man; Nigel go call equestrian or some other bullshit, you aren't capable of being a reporter; Anselmi looks like a whiny kid who is annoyed that he has to answer for his franchise; and this franchise is hopelessly fucked.

And now of course, I bet the team goes on a completely inexplicable tear and wins three straight.