Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 years
    7 coaches

only constant...Tom Anselmi and Co.

This is simple trial and error, if you changed the players, the coaches, the field, the rules and you are still shit, look at the only thing that has remain constant over that period of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post

#TFC
    needs a club president who is connected & respected, a GM who understands MLS, and a coach who can command the respect of the players.
    jasondevos

FACT!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    For ALL of those who were clamouring for Winter's head, you now need to shut TFU and and put up , or let the next guy do his job.
    I don't think anyone is terribly upset with Winter's dismissal. I think everyone is confused by the awkward timing of this announcement, and enraged at the manner in which Tom Anselmi has embarassed the organization yet again. If Anselmi made the appropriate and honorable gesture of stepping down as well, I think the tone in this thread would be entirely different.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i had one statement, just one, that i could use to sum up this press conference from admiral fuckup, it'd have to be this:

"it's our job to deliver the goods.."

by that definition, and for the past 6 years, they have failed miserably.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the deck chairs just got shuffled on the Titanic and the inexperienced first mate is now replaced by the cook, but the iceberg is still there, and it's full steam ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those of you with Twitter accounts: help get #FireAnselmi trending!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who's next to replace Mariner once he's gone at the end of the season??.. Is Dichio or Brennan dumb enough to step to the plate knowing Toronto fc coaches don't last in the Organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So the deck chairs just got shuffled on the Titanic and the inexperienced first mate is now replaced by the cook, but the iceberg is still there, and it's full steam ahead.
    cruel.. yet... true...
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post

#TFC
    needs a club president who is connected & respected, a GM who understands MLS, and a coach who can command the respect of the players.
    jasondevos
    Well, they now get one of out those three......

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no longer a member of the group and honestly just don't have the time in my life right now to organize anything substantial but I want to see a relentless drive from the supporters of this club to get Tom Anselmi away from TFC. I know I will do whatever it is I can. Whether its signs, banners, cards to hand out or chants there has to be a push to remove him from TFC.

It doesn't have to take over every match but I think every match has to have at least a small reminder that Tom Anselmi has to go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a little dissapointed in Winters dismissal I must admit. It was more due to the fact That I did not want a new coach which would mean another like 6 months of settling in and getting to know how the players work. we had a coach that seemed to have settled in and this is at a bad time as the Champions league start in what 5 weeks? and we are facing a team that Aron has seen before from behind the bench...... To me its terrible Timing. whats even more terrible is that Aron Winter will not be dealing with the academy in any shape or form. If Aron Winter's rep was mostly from Ajax's academy wouldn't his knowledge and skills be good for nurturing and growing talent here at home?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Yes...Anselmi is a fucktard of the highest order but please people...

This is what many of you wanted!!!!!

You wanted Winter gone ASAP.
    What did you think they were going to do? Interview coaches and find a competent one, mid season, while the team was awful?

We knew that it they fired Winter we'd get the shit show that is cochrane/mariner/Brennan.

It's a fucking joke. The academy is pointless now. "hey son....wouldn't you love to grow up and be a professional footballer like....ummm....Jim Brennan?"

"no thanks dad. I'll stay at my club thanks. TFC is for rejects that are stuck in the past"

Oh...and this should make it much easier to attract players. Lol

Be careful what you wish for people.
    Would it really be any different with Winter though? Do you really believe he could have succeeded with this shit show?

I am glad it is a bigger shit show than ever. Things are going to have to get REAL BAD before Anselmi is given the boot. This mess is just another necessary part of that process.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I don't think anyone is terribly upset with Winter's dismissal. I think everyone is confused by the awkward timing of this announcement, and enraged at the manner in which Tom Anselmi has embarassed the organization yet again. If Anselmi made the appropriate and honorable gesture of stepping down as well, I think the tone in this thread would be entirely different.
    Yep. Winter being fired is not so much the issue. Head coaches are measured in wins and losses. In his case he had more of the latter and there was no real sign of improvement. Everyone will have their own idea of when the right timing was. But in the end he did not deliver as a head coach in the MLS.

All that aside, the firing of Winter does not deal with the core problem at TFC. That is Anselmi and he needs to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get these fucks out, get Robbo in as a coach with someone experienced above him in charge and a GM that isn't a fucking slimeball looking to deflect blame. How can the head of player development sit there and say we have a poor fucking squad and not bat an eyelid?! It was his fucking job to find players!!!
    Last edited by Wull; 06-07-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commie Red View Post
    Those of you with Twitter accounts: help get #FireAnselmi trending!
    I dont know what would be more funny, a paperbag protest or a Gerry Dee 4 president sign.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    Less than 6 years
    7 coaches

only constant...Tom Anselmi and Co.

This is simple trial and error, if you changed the players, the coaches, the field, the rules and you are still shit, look at the only thing that has remain constant over that period of time.
    Fixed for accuracy. And so bang on!

Toronto FC, the gold standard of instability. Thanks a lot Ansalmi. You tiny dickhole you.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing suprises me anymore about this club. It's a train wreck and the lead engineers are laughing all the way to the bank. *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by just one man View Post
    anselmi thinks you are all fools. If you spend any money on tfc, anselmi is laughing at you.

I have cited this a bunch of times here, but it is so emblamatic of his attitude towards this franchise, and towards the fans who pay money to see it. When anselmi was on prime time sports, about two or three years ago now, before a friendly against...it might have been pachuca, but i am not sure, he conceeded that the game would be an opportunity for the squad to play some development guys and let the tired first team guys take a much needed rest.

Bob asked if tickets would be cheaper because, as anselmi had just said, this game was going to involve alot of reserves, and be a lower quality product. Anselmi just laughed at the suggestion.

I haven't paid for a tfc ticket in three years. if you are still doing so, than you have nobody to blame but yourself for the fact that that smug asshole was sitting up there today and avoiding any accountability.

stop buying tickets.
    ^^ this!!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

#TFC
    jasondevos

THIS RIGHT HERE. I WANT THIS AS A BANNER MESSAGE. then aftewrards lift up 3 big heads of the three stooges of tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy with how awkward Anselmi looked, and at the questions directed at him by the media. He knows he is on thin ice, and he seemed scared to me. Dodging a couple questions (with help from Mariner) and shifting the blame on a few.

That tells me he is almost done with TFC (yippi!!)

Let's see how Mariner does. Im not filled with confidence though. I think this time next year it will be both Anselmi and Mariner that will join the all other heads-on-a-stick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I do not think that one should lessen the weight of the redpatchboys "crowd" in a decision such as this. One may well point the finder at Anselmi. BUT, that is just one finger. Others are staring at you in the face. Everyone, from Anselmi down to fans, some of whom have difficulty garnering enough pennies for a ticket, share the blame.
    Last edited by Luanda; 06-07-2012 at 01:33 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually outraged at Anselmi's non-answers.

I had the that strange deja vu feeling that I must be watching a NY/NJ MetroStars news conference in 2005, with them explaining why Mo Johnston was going from assistant to become the 8th head coach of the franchise. At least NY fans can be thankful that Red Bulls changed the management. Now lets hope Bell/Rogers does the same, and they remove Mr. Anselmi from any TFC responsibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi should have gone long ago but it seems he is accountable to no one. He's a bean counter with zero charisma and aura of leadership. How do we get him out of there? Petition, letters, what will it take?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I have ever been so pissed off about this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I am no longer a member of the group and honestly just don't have the time in my life right now to organize anything substantial but I want to see a relentless drive from the supporters of this club to get Tom Anselmi away from TFC. I know I will do whatever it is I can. Whether its signs, banners, cards to hand out or chants there has to be a push to remove him from TFC.

It doesn't have to take over every match but I think every match has to have at least a small reminder that Tom Anselmi has to go.
    I agree. I think this should be the mandate for all of us that attend matches the rest of the season, regardless of TFC's performance on the pitch.

It's time to go Glazers on his ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gee.. if I ran an organization that was totally screwed up for 6 years under my leadership...

If someone asked me "What went wrong"

I think I'd have something better to say than "I don't know"

Maybe having a guy in charge that doesn't know that.. is WHAT WENT WRONG!

I have nothing against Mariner.. in fact he's probably just fine. But FUCK ME.. Anselmi skating by year in year out in charge of this shit show pisses me off.
    Last edited by Batman; 06-07-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Berbatov isn't coming?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    So Berbatov isn't coming?
    good one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    gee.. if I ran an organization that was totally screwed up for 6 years under my leadership...

If someone asked me "What went wrong"

I think I'd have something better to say than "I don't know"

Maybe having a guy in charge that doesn't know that.. is WHAT WENT WRONG!

Not maybe.