Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by auzzy View Post
    unlike winter, who insisted on the famed 4-3-3 formation made famous by ajax amsterdam and fashionable by barcelona, mariner is a fan of the more conventional 4-4-2, believing the formation is better suited to winning in mls and better suited to north american players, most of whom lack the technical skills of a lionel messi or andres iniesta.

lol!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wording of the G&M article makes me think they may have gotten a strategic club leak, trying to spin Mariner positively. "In Mariner, who was Steve Nicol’s assistant for five years with the New England Revolution, Toronto finally has a proven MLS coach in the dugout." WTF, we had a supposedly "proven" MLS coach before, we know how that turned out...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can't say I'm too disappointed with the move - it was certainly coming sooner or later. But the timing of it is certainly weird, and another example of how fucked up our FO is. They had to make the announcement today of course before Euros steal their thunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really didn't think the MLSE board would take any action until after the new board members were on board. At least with Mariner he's been there long enough to know where the men's room is.

But still, another fucking redirection of the team. Can't see Mariner maintaining the long term 4-3-3 strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 and 6 nope 0 and 7 nope 0 and 8 nope 0 and 9 nope ..win can champ and and 1st league game yup..WHAT A FUCKING JOKE...and tommy ASS still has a job.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Preki, we at least "won" a few games.

MLS coach, MLS style; Paul Mariner has it right.
    IN ANY CASE:

The REAL issue should be the jobs of Earl Cochrane, Paul Beirne and Tom Anselmi. They walk, once again, with no responsibility for this clusterf***. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I really didn't think the MLSE board would take any action until after the new board members were on board. At least with Mariner he's been there long enough to know where the men's room is.

But still, another fucking redirection of the team. Can't see Mariner maintaining the long term 4-3-3 strategy.
    We will be playing 4-4-2 now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Danny K and Torsten,

Pack your bags and just leave. This organization is once again proving it's uselessness. I don't want your careers tarnished anymore than they have been by association with MLSE. I would whole heartedly back your decisions to leave ASAP.

Signed,

We're fucked TFC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    If this is true, we are most definitely the worst run team in all of world football. Not a Winter fan, but the timing of this is all wrong.
    From a publicity perspective it is almost perfect. All the soccer news is going to be so focused on the Euros for the next 4 weeks that no one will notice. In the short term the news is burried by all the Euro Previews on the major sports channels and for the next few weeks anything TFC will do is going to be overshadowed by the tournament so when people come out of their Euros Stupor they are going to forget what ever happened and any bad publicity that sounds at all like rearranging the chairs on the Titanic will have blown over.

I say almost perfect because they probably should have done it at 11am tomorrow. Just before kick off of the Euros. Dam TFC a day early and a dollar short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post

IN ANY CASE:

The REAL issue should be the jobs of Earl Cochrane, Paul Beirne and Tom Anselmi. They walk, once again, with no responsibility for this clusterf***. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    this club is a farce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IN ANY CASE:

TFC looked much better team with Winter coaching than Perki. We did much better in CCL with Winter than Perki.

Perki killed TFC roster and we had to start over by signing a lot of shit players while trading or releasing good MLS players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PureTFC View Post
    Dear Danny K and Torsten,

Pack your bags and just leave. This organization is once again proving it's uselessness. I don't want your careers tarnished anymore than they have been by association with MLSE. I would whole heartedly back your decisions to leave ASAP.

Signed,

We're fucked TFC
    Not just those two players, but all players should do the same. No players deserve to play for a shit run club like TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    It makes sense now that Mariner was moved down to field to work with the strikers to get the players used to the idea of him being down there and involved. This was most likely in the works for a while now.
    If that's true, it's even worse. If you're going to fire the guy, then fire him. Don't keep him around for a few more weeks as a lame duck, while you maneuver to acclimatize the players to the new guy, like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Earl Cochrane, Paul Beirne and Tom Anselmi NOW!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shall see........he has basically no head coaching experience other than Plymouth. Of which he finished 23rd....yes he knows MLS, but hopefully he can do something. I hope he is interim manager only.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Mariner record as a coach in England with Plymouth Argyle 7W-15L-6D so he'll fit right in as failed #TorontoFC coaches #MLS #TFClive

ugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Fire Earl Cochrane, Paul Beirne and Tom Anselmi NOW!!!
    You have to wait for new ownership for that (if they really care about TFC). Current ownership don't care about TFC enough to have those three stooges fired!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great. Can't wait for the next coach to go in 6months.

I know many of you don't like Winter, but breaking up stability is just something that I'm opposed to. I think this is a poor move all around. It's all short-term thinking here, and we're never going to become a successful team if we don't think long-term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    If that's true, it's even worse. If you're going to fire the guy, then fire him. Don't keep him around for a few more weeks as a lame duck, while you maneuver to acclimatize the players to the new guy, like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure.

- Scott
    Yup. Exactly what I said when it happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for one am quite happy with the change. Mariner will use tactics that can actually suit all our slowass players. Frings being the pivot in midfield was scary based on his age. A couple of knocks and we have a nice 0-9 losing streak. At Plymouth, Mariner was handed a sinking ship with passangers who couldn't swim, terrible team. His MLS knowledge and lack of ego (from reports) might be just what this team needs.

I feel that the whole business about Winter "stepping down" is just a gimmick by the FO. Oh hey coach, we are going to get rid of your assistant coach you brought in to help you run things and throw in an inexperienced player-coach in Jimmy. Hey, the fans love him! Plus he worked with Dichio, we know how good Dichio is at coaching!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Paul Mariner record as a coach in England with Plymouth Argyle 7W-15L-6D so he'll fit right in as failed #TorontoFC coaches #MLS #TFClive

ugh
    That's major

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the journalists find some actual balls today and ask some tough questions.

What a joke this club is and the fact that anselmi and co continue to get a free ride is crap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The football better not get worse.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post

I know many of you don't like Winter, but breaking up stability is just something that I'm opposed to. I think this is a poor move all around. It's all short-term thinking here, and we're never going to become a successful team if we don't think long-term.
    If he is an interim coach we will be 7 for seven on day one of next season. What a joke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post

Why would any coach want to work in this organization. Maybe someone desperate for a paycheck. Not exactly the type of people I'd like to attract to my organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tweeted JMo, KJ and Dobson to ask them to ask Tommy re accountability. Seen BgNewf did too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That is the first question that should be asked. The journos here won't do it, though.

If Winter is out and Mariner minus Nicol in, I'm underwhelmed.
    your so right old-timer, that should be the 1st question asked, and you're right it won't be asked. its getting to the point where i'm embarrassed to say I'm a TFC fan.. this club is a joke...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    The football better not get worse.
    I know right? We have been privileged to watch such beautiful football this season. Its a real shame that MLSE decided to shake things up. It really seemed like the team was starting to hit its stride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I hope the journalists find some actual balls today and ask some tough questions.

What a joke this club is and the fact that anselmi and co continue to get a free ride is crap

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arron winter fired
    Ai estes são os Ultras do Benfica Primeiros a nascer
    Odiamos os tripeiros Queremos ver o Porto a arder
    DIABOS VERMELHOS 1982