Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just One Man View Post
    One win? One win in ten games and you call that a "groove"? Is it any wonder Toronto never wins anything. The bar couldn't possibly be lower.

Aron Winter's MLS record as boss of TFC; 44 matches, 7 wins, 15 draws, 22 losses. Scored 44. Conceded 80.

TFC is a shit show, and Tom Anselmi deserves most of the blame, but Winter did not deserve to be a head coach.
    Originally Posted by Furtado91

They just started to get the ball rolling and they fired him....... Not when we were 06,0-7,0-8 not even 0-9. only after we win the voyageurs cup and get our first win they fire him. This is so fucking stupid, FUCK THE FO. I swear to every religious god or goddess. Right when they start to get into the groove of things they pull this stunt, no wonder we are a joke sometimes. and I do not have a good feeling about this Paul Guy.

That should help you understand my statement a little better. im not saying they were in a groove. I was saying they were starting to get into the groove with the Voyaguers cup tournament wins and the first win of the mls season. If I recall correctly Aron Winter was behind the bench for the entire Voyageurs cup no? compared to what we have seen since march, the last 2 or so weeks have been an improvement no?
    Last edited by Furtado91; 06-07-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi has no answers. The club has been backwards since day 1 and he is the common denominator. Mariner is having to take over on every tough question from the reporters. I've had enough. We're on an intl break in the schedule, not even playing (losing), and I am more pissed off than ever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to fucktown!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    Anselmi has no answers. The club has been backwards since day 1 and he is the common denominator. Mariner is having to take over on every tough question from the reporters. I've had enough. We're on an intl break in the schedule, not even playing (losing), and I am more pissed off than ever.
    I noticed that to. Mariner had to bail this ass-hat out every time reporters pressed him on his responsibility.
    Last edited by Suds; 06-07-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    welcome to fucktown!

I had to LOL at this. It's either laugh or cry at the sorry state of affairs within our front office.

Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_D View Post
    Anselmi out!!!

Listening to him now makes me want to vomit. How he hell is he running a football club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking joke.

Most people here seem to know where the problem lies.

Get rid of Anselmi , Bernie, and Cochrane.

It's time we started sending a clear message.

FUCK ML$E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda got the feeling that Winter left the team "high and dry" when he didnt make the defensive moves ahead of the preseason and draft while the other teams in MLS improved their weak defenses. Paul Mariner, I dont think is the answer, but the team needs stability and possibly a manager with experience that can bring in players outside of MLS to boost the roster.

Is Bob DeKlerk gone as well?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner just admitted they has a weak squad, wasn't he the director of player development? #TFC #TorontoFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have absolutely zero confidence in these buffoons running the show.

"Well shouldn't you have any ideas Tom? I mean you are the President ... ", cue a bunch of humming and hawing then Mariner to the rescue with :
    "John Carver almost took the teams to the playoffs in 2007 and now he's doing well at Newcastle"

... wait why didn't they hold on to him if he was such a great manager?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mariner maybe the better motivator, but imo winter was the best football(technical) guy we've had thus far. For the sake of Tfc I hope this change works for the best, but overall I feel ill.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi said it's his job to hire the right people. Well, clearly he has failed at that job for 6 years. It's time this guy is gone from anything related to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi was truly shocking today. Not a fucking clue.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A whole lot of talking at that press conference, but hardly anything was said.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an absolute joke!!!

1. Tom Ass and his sheep need to go..
    2. ST Prices should be rolled back to 2007, AT LEAST!! I can't be believe what these crooks charge people to watch this garbage.
    3. EVERY single ST holder should be given a free ticket to the liverpool game as a goodwill gesture.
    4. Tom Ass needs to man up and step down, so that way they can bring in someone that can answer the questions that he cant

oh and did i mention that Tom ASS needs to go..

Words can not express how disgraceful this organization is.. ML$E is the laughing stock of NA sports..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Anselmi is a good President because he fired a guy who is doing well as an assistant in the EPL.

oooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Fire Anselmi

Support TFC

Fire Anselmi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ALL of those who were clamouring for Winter's head, you now need to shut TFU and and put up , or let the next guy do his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post

"Well shouldn't you have any ideas Tom? I mean you are the President ... ", cue a bunch of humming and hawing then Mariner to the rescue with :
    "John Carver almost took the teams to the playoffs in 2007 and now he's doing well at Newcastle"

No he didnt, it was Chris Cummins as an interim manager after John Carver's departure. I can deal with Paul Mariner getting this wrong but Tom Anselmi should know that this took place in 2009 and not 2007, as well that the manager wasnt John Carver now at Newcastle.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care if Anselmi is fired or moved somewhere else. I just don't want this guy having anything to do with TFC. Its become a joke.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    it's paper bag time, people :

Can we see how many people will do this in the south end next game? Could be a funny TIFO if lots did it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO...how do we put the heat on Tommy Boy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post

Tom said he has no idea what has gone wrong or how to fix it. What the journalists should have asked is if you don't know how to fix it why don't you step down and get someone to do this job that does?

And if you don't know what is the problem, what makes you think Mariner could be the solution?

Those would be my questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes...Anselmi is a fucktard of the highest order but please people...

This is what many of you wanted!!!!!

You wanted Winter gone ASAP.
    What did you think they were going to do? Interview coaches and find a competent one, mid season, while the team was awful?

We knew that it they fired Winter we'd get the shit show that is cochrane/mariner/Brennan.

It's a fucking joke. The academy is pointless now. "hey son....wouldn't you love to grow up and be a professional footballer like....ummm....Jim Brennan?"

"no thanks dad. I'll stay at my club thanks. TFC is for rejects that are stuck in the past"

Oh...and this should make it much easier to attract players. Lol

Be careful what you wish for people.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    No he didnt, it was Chris Cummins as an interim manager after John Carver's departure. I can deal with Paul Mariner getting this wrong but Tom Anselmi should know that this took place in 2009 and not 2007, as well that the manager wasnt John Carver now at Newcastle.
    Sad. Anselmi can't even recall the short history of the organization he heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm out!

Last edited by Carefree; 06-07-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#TFC
    needs a club president who is connected & respected, a GM who understands MLS, and a coach who can command the respect of the players.
    jasondevos

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Thats actually a really catchy song ahaha. Im gonna read up on these guys more. ahaha. thats one good thing thats come from this thread so far ahahah.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi thinks you are all fools. If you spend ANY MONEY on TFC, Anselmi is laughing at you.

I have cited this a bunch of times here, but it is so emblamatic of his attitude towards this franchise, and towards the fans who pay money to see it. When Anselmi was on Prime Time Sports, about two or three years ago now, before a friendly against...it might have been Pachuca, but I am not sure, he conceeded that the game would be an opportunity for the squad to play some development guys and let the tired first team guys take a much needed rest.

Bob asked if tickets would be cheaper because, as Anselmi had just said, this game was going to involve ALOT of reserves, and be a lower quality product. Anselmi just laughed at the suggestion.

I haven't paid for a TFC ticket in three years. If you are still doing so, than you have nobody to blame but yourself for the fact that that smug asshole was sitting up there today and avoiding any accountability.

STOP BUYING TICKETS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is bob deklerk gone as well?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????