Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I'm not at all convinced Mariner is the right coach for this team, or that he will get the results we need. I think he was a panic installment after the heat got turned up too much for Winter to remain as manager.

At the same time, he IS our manager now, whether we agree with it or not, and I think he deserves more than 45 minutes to prove us wrong.

- Scott
    And he got hired in the first place because he happened to be out of work when TFC was looking.

But you're right, he's in charge now so we'll see what he can do. The playoffs are out of reach, but it would be nice fo not finish last. It would be good to finish ahead of Montreal (who won tonight).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firing winter was the worst move EVER! Im sooo sick of this ownership group!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It could be about 6 - 0 . Good thing some of the SKC shots went wide.

Hey, at least we know that 4-3-3 in MLS can be effective.

As for patience on Mariner, there is none. That said, failure on his part needn't immediately result in his firing. Anselmi first and then the new guy makes the decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Mariner picked the players and the formation. He told them what to do, they look lost.

As those already pointed out...he said we needed to "tweak". Instead we completely fucking changed everything.
    And how long did you give him as coach before you called for his head?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you know what sucks even more is that both Montreal and Vancouver came away with victories tonight. The Impact came away with 4-1 blowout of Seattle.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ironic thing about anselmi is he just sits back and plays the whole "I'm just the management guy" card. Name me one other business where upper management gets away with putting out a shit product.

You think the CEO of Pizza Pizza could come out and say "yeah, well the pizza is crap, but that's not my problem, I just handle corporate strategy!". They would fire his ass in about an hour.

The point of being a manager isn't doing everything, it's finding the right people to do the right things and setting the organization in the right direction. At this point, TFC is underperforming at the box office, on the field, just about everywhere.... This guy should be beyond toast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    2013 SSH promotion: have you ever wanted to coach TFC? Well now you can, each pair of season tickets now includes the opportunity to coach the reds for one half of football! Managers will subsequently be fired at half-time and replaced with a new manager who "has a system"-> "doesn't have a system" -> "is a players coach" - > "disclipinarian"

TFC! TFC! TFC!
    How to fuck over a football team right here.

Rinse and repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Under winter we looked like we should be winning games but weren't. So far under Mariner we've actually looked like we should be losing by even more than we are
    Exactly! thank you! I just didnt know how to put that feeling into words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this team is so bad they're running into each other on set pieces. Ugh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    And how long did you give him as coach before you called for his head?
    I'm not calling for him to be fired. But I'm not giving anyone a free pass, he's involved in this mess from the beginning. He helped build this side, why should we give him a clean slate as if he's not helped create this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is this Winter everybody keeps glowing about? It sure as shit isn't the same one I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I'm not calling for him to be fired. But I'm not giving anyone a free pass, he's involved in this mess from the beginning. He helped build this side, why should we give him a clean slate as if he's not helped create this?
    I'm not saying give him a clean slate. I'm just saying to blame this all on him is horseshit. This team isn't as bad as they are playing right now. They're not great but they're far better than this. We're crossing balls into the crowd, we're running into eachother, we're constantly passing it to the other team, we're like chickens with heads cut off. We're also coming off a 2 week break and playing a great fuckin' team on the road.
    Last edited by Brooker; 06-16-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    It could be about 6 - 0 . Good thing some of the SKC shots went wide.

Hey, at least we know that 4-3-3 in MLS can be effective.

As for patience on Mariner, there is none. That said, failure on his part needn't immediately result in his firing. Anselmi first and then the new guy makes the decision.
    Agree completely.

I'm 100% behind Mariner because anything else would be stooping my morale compass into Anselmi low's.

Unlike Anselmi I have patience and loyalty to the skipper.

Anselmi is plotting how he's going to throw Mariner under the bus and make himself look good (and get away with it at the same time), as we speak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I don't think we've had a difficult half" - Mariner

wtf? delusional

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is this Winter everybody keeps glowing about? It sure as shit isn't the same one I saw.

Looks good by comparison.... and if you can say that a 1-9 coach looks good by comparison, you are saying that the current guy is worse.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sideline interview with Mariner. Good to hear that he's about as delusional as Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mariner informs Gol that it was in fact a decent first having and will be going to a diamond formation in 5. Thanks Paul!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Mariner from the Kenny Dalglish school of delusion ...... 13 shots on goal, 66% possession, nothing to see here folks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They knew his system so we looked more fluid. We still weren't scoring goals, we still weren't winning.

I've seen a few small signs of life tonight but generally it's too unfamiliar, we have some weak players he seems to have faith in and I don't see much reason for optimism so far.

I have to agree; why tear it down and start over? Seems foolish when we won our last two just by pressing higher and being more defensively aggressive. So far tonight, we can't even string two passes together. That's not a good sign.

Now we're going to lose Cann and Eckersley. Fan-fuckin-tastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BHTC Mike View Post
    (As an aside a switch to a diamond 4-4-2 (4-1-2-1-2) would be a much more radical change from what we've been playing. THAT would surprise me greatly even though it's a popular formation in the league and played by sides like RSL, Seattle, Chicago, and sometimes LA.)
    diamond coming up in 5 minds according to Paul

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We playing against KC which is a better team in MLS"... yea... Mariner..... at least u know TFC and YOU are SHIT.... FUCK MLSE.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Looks good by comparison.... and if you can say that a 1-9 coach looks good by comparison, you are saying that the current guy is worse.
    I'm not saying Mariner is going to bring us any success... but I've seen us play like this under Winter all the time. You're just being sensational.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    And you know what sucks even more is that both Montreal and Vancouver came away with victories tonight. The Impact came away with 4-1 blowout of Seattle.
    No surprise there. Both teams are vastly superior to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Anselmi is a moron. We win two in a row THEN he fires the coach to make sure we stamp out any possible hint of momentum by changing the style of play....

This fucking yo-yo merri-go-round ass backwards god damn approach to team building has been killing us for 6 fucking years! Keep a coach, ANY COACH, and some of the same players around for a year or two and that alone will improve the results.

#fireanselmi !
    This. I would just add it's MLSE altogether, not just Anselmi. As it is MLSE having further faith in the moron.
    Nothing will change with TFC, nor with MLSE with new members occupying the seats at the board table.
    The team must be sold if anything is to turn around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on boys! 30 minutes to salvage some pride!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying we didn't have performances this shit under Winter? Look at the circumstances, too. The break, the opponent, on the road.... We played like this all the time under Winter.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt and not slitting my wrist.
    That begs the question from MLSE then.
    Why change the coach. We just had a little run going, guys have some confidence in themselves and what the coach wants to accomplish.
    Woouldn't it be sensible to see and give the coach at least game to see if this a true turnaround?
    But nooo, the asshats at MLSE figure its time to damage the team further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, Avila out for DeGuzman when we're down by two.

Tactically interesting decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just following the commentary on mlssoccer.com ... while that doesn't provide me with a robust picture of the game, when i see Jacob Peterson's name pop up more consistently for attacking than any player on our team... I know we are playing like shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my top three fav. players, Koevermans.. but, I don't think he'll be here for much longer.

His body language, whilst Mariner attempted to give him a few pointers, during an injury delay, says it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else notice that Peterson has a nice pair of titties on him?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG is goning to eat up mls