Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canada tix in 112 almost sold out!!!

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...vs-USA-and-WCQ!!!

All remaining unpurchased tix for 112 can be bought in person for cold hard cash!!
    I'll be at Maro pregame but PM for tix before then!! First come, first serve!! Let's show the Boys why they want to play in Toronto!!

USA game $25
    Honduras WCQ $20

and why not get kitted up for the occasion?? I did.

http://csa.rmpathletic.com/en/csa-de...vc-polo-2.html

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning D!

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d

well done canadian ladies
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

canada isnt bringing sexy back. . . . . . its just written in to who we are. . . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game CWNT! Good attendance too!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really news, but couldn't find another suitable spot:
    http://www.beautifulgear.com/2012/05...ntenary-shirt/

This looks like a great site for some footie swag!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    Not really news, but couldn't find another suitable spot:
    http://www.beautifulgear.com/2012/05...ntenary-shirt/

This looks like a great site for some footie swag!
    You mean this jersey,just few posts above yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Canada tix in 112 almost sold out!!!

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...vs-USA-and-WCQ!!!

All remaining unpurchased tix for 112 can be bought in person for cold hard cash!!
    I'll be at Maro pregame but PM for tix before then!! First come, first serve!! Let's show the Boys why they want to play in Toronto!!

USA game $25
    Honduras WCQ $20

and why not get kitted up for the occasion?? I did.

http://csa.rmpathletic.com/en/csa-de...vc-polo-2.html

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“It feels better than it did two weeks ago and hopefully we can build from there,”
    This is the problem with Uncle Tom. He dismisses what had been happening before "two weeks ago" because of what happened in the last two weeks.

It's the perpetual problem with all teams in Toronto. As long as you have a good spell, what happened before is ignored. It's why every year Leaf fans go into the off-season on a high, despite the Leafs missing the playoffs yet again, just because in the last few games they put together a good run for a few games.

Seasons should be evaluated as a whole, not just on the good parts.

Winter should be evaluated on his 60+ game record, not on one month of results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    You mean this jersey,just few posts above yours?
    No, I meant the site in general.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highlights of the women's game Canada vs China last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gErTIm5ojI

Highlights a bit short, surely the game was not as one-sided as that, but there were some nice opportunities in addition to the late winner.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    This is the problem with Uncle Tom. He dismisses what had been happening before "two weeks ago" because of what happened in the last two weeks.

It's the perpetual problem with all teams in Toronto. As long as you have a good spell, what happened before is ignored. It's why every year Leaf fans go into the off-season on a high, despite the Leafs missing the playoffs yet again, just because in the last few games they put together a good run for a few games.

Seasons should be evaluated as a whole, not just on the good parts.

Winter should be evaluated on his 60+ game record, not on one month of results.
    Anselmi is actually being very sensible based on his organization's goals. While they would make more money from being in the playoffs, going on a run near the end is all you need to make people hopeful and have the SSH base renew. That's why going on a run near the end is the realistic goal for TFC. If they happen to luck out and hit the playoffs, so much the better. He can claim he was a genius for sticking by Winter. If they massively fail, he'll fire Winter at the end and look decisive. If they do mediocre, he'll say they are "building for the future." It's all good for him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what his compensation is?

I want a job where no matter what I do, I can't screw up AND I get paid for it.

I bet he's in the 4-5mill range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't you already have a job like that? =P

(without that kind of compensation of course)

j/k lol
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    No, I meant the site in general.
    Nah - it's just a blog about gear

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a picture of a Juggalo Anselmi in my head. Thanks for that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    don't you already have a job like that? =P

(without that kind of compensation of course)

j/k lol

No sir...my job is quite the opposite. No performance = no clients = no job.

I am the anti-MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these Anselmi quotes are junk. The guy is doing nothing more than framing responsibility around people that are not him and trying to paint a picture of himself as some kind of disappointed patriarch. On another note, our half-baked training ground press conference / distraction was right on cue ...

Forgive me for being so negative, but I am perpetually sick of TFC tip-toeing around the subject that they are perhaps the most futile MLS club in history. I want a few virgins thrown into the volcano to satisfy my thrust for blood.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Forgive me for being so negative, but I am perpetually sick of TFC tip-toeing around the subject that they are perhaps the most futile MLS club in history. I want a few virgins thrown into the volcano to satisfy my thrust for blood.
    Your metaphor needs a retouch. There have been several virgin footy coaches that have been pitched already.You're more interested in the virgin footy GM. We may need a bigger volcano...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No sir...my job is quite the opposite. No performance = no clients = no job.

I am the anti-MLSE.
    Hahahahhah. So fucking true.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/4137/...-an-mls-player

Part of Jay Demerit's blog. Ridiculous traveling schedule MLS teams have to suffer through
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he is doing his job from a MLSE perspective. TFC is printing money as are all MLSE ventures. I'm not saying I'm happy since I am a supporter of the team but in terms of what his role is he is not failing.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Dom

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As COO, his job is not to "make money" but to operate the units effectively. Since it's widely agreed that most of the important MLSE units/properties are not being run effectively (success in the standings being the single biggest measurement of a sports teams effectiveness) you could argue that the units are likely worth more if they were operated at a higher performance level. I would not agree with the fact that their profitability is proof that he is doing his job right. You could make a case that their profitability would be higher if he was doing his job better or if someone else did.

Interesting point. More and more companies decide to operate without a COO. The reason being that most times business units are able to report directly to the CEO without reducing their effectiveness.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More and more companies decide to operate without a COO. The reason being that most times business units are able to report directly to the CEO without reducing their effectiveness.
    sooo... you are saying that Tom Anselmi is redundant?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    sooo... you are saying that Tom Anselmi is redundant?
    Absolutely.

But then again, MLSE is such a ridiculous beaurocracy, it's not surprising. I mean, the TFC management structure alone should tell you how MLSE operates. They LIVE for creating more positions than is necessary. Efficiency is not what they're known for.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like the quote yesterday about the Academy being revolutionary. I think it is a great addition to development in this country. That said:

- The U12 and U13 programs run as once a week supplemental training to club training. Players still play with their club.
    - The camps cost $525 per week
    - Player "clinics" are $100 a shot

Not sure how much development is going to occur in those environments. One week per year in a camp is going to make a difference? Further, lots of former players, licensed coaches, clubs and SAAC members offer camps in the summer or supplemental training through the year.

I'll give them the focused training with the U15 and up teams. Can't hurt to learn in that environoment and philosophy but if you peel back the onion, the U17s were learning from Jim Brennan who had just acquired his coaching license. Some SAAC clubs for those age groups (and younger) also have former players, some with Canadian and UEFA licensing with the primary focus on development. Not sure I'm ready to call the offering revolutionary at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I like the quote yesterday about the Academy being revolutionary. I think it is a great addition to development in this country. That said:

- The U12 and U13 programs run as once a week supplemental training to club training. Players still play with their club.
    - The camps cost $525 per week
    - Player "clinics" are $100 a shot

Not sure how much development is going to occur in those environments. One week per year in a camp is going to make a difference? Further, lots of former players, licensed coaches, clubs and SAAC members offer camps in the summer or supplemental training through the year.

I'll give them the focused training with the U15 and up teams. Can't hurt to learn in that environoment and philosophy but if you peel back the onion, the U17s were learning from Jim Brennan who had just acquired his coaching license. Some SAAC clubs for those age groups (and younger) also have former players, some with Canadian and UEFA licensing with the primary focus on development. Not sure I'm ready to call the offering revolutionary at this point.

Dichio said its ateast top 10 in the world, more like top 100 for me. They may have the facility now but as you say coaching or the programs offered is what takes it to the next level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's revolutionary... for TFC.

I can't believe the turmoil that TFC has gone through over the last 6 years just wrt. their MLS team training locations. Read Demerit's blog about the MLS travel hassle. Then imagine you're a TFC player just back from one of those trips. A day or two later you head back to BMO, but then based on the weather or whatever else, you have to hop on a bus to Oakville or Cherry Beach for training, likely travelling during the morning rush hour. Alot of the training is happening on plastic fields of various quality levels. After training, you hop back in the bus before you can go the weight room, any of the baths or rehab, etc. I suppose it was almost easier when BMO field was still plastic, at least they could train there -- until the plastic pitch quickly got so bad that anywhere was better than there.

I wonder if the training facilities for any of the other MLS teams have been like that over the past 6 years? Downsview should be a huge improvement just for that reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It's revolutionary... for TFC.
    That's exactly what I would say. It offers the club something it didn't have before, but I haven't seen any specs that suggest this is somehow revolutionary compared to the way other teams are operating.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's really "revolutionary" for Toronto is a winning season.

BAZINGA!