Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post

Go ask the crew who's support was garbage before they were forced to all stand together, now they are more than respectable. Go ask District Ultras how to combat stagnating support and build something. Go ask Section 8... they can give you a simple how-to guide guaranteed not to fail under the similar circumstances we are facing.
    I'm sure I'll run into them in time.

Unity IS a great thing when it endures but apparently a simple concept is not always easy to apply.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing iI think that sperates NA supporters with their European counterparts is the fa t that they all give to charities. The group of people that make SGs is differrenr from their counterparts in Europe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    The thing iI think that sperates NA supporters with their European counterparts is the fa t that they all give to charities. The group of people that make SGs is differrenr from their counterparts in Europe.
    Not necessarily the case. Go look at the thread I posted a few years ago called "Ultras Report 2009" (i think?). Its posted in the members section.

Its about a Russian Ultras group, and they have the exact same problems as RPB did/does. And part of their annual activities is charity. Some people thought it was an interesting read, others chose to criticize and say things like "We're not like them" (which made me laugh at the time, and still does).

Someone with access should bump it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    stop hijacking my thread. grrrr
    LOL!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm sure I'll run into them in time.

Unity IS a great thing when it endures but apparently a simple concept is not always easy to apply.
    Been tried already this season. The results of that were as the kids say "Epic Fail".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Not necessarily the case. Go look at the thread I posted a few years ago called "Ultras Report 2009" (i think?). Its posted in the members section.

Its about a Russian Ultras group, and they have the exact same problems as RPB did/does. And part of their annual activities is charity. Some people thought it was an interesting read, others chose to criticize and say things like "We're not like them" (which made me laugh at the time, and still does).

Someone with access should bump it.
    that "we have the best fans ever, all other fans in the league are shit" mentality in the early years so many people had at TFC makes me cringe now!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    that "we have the best fans ever, all other fans in the league are shit" mentality in the early years so many people had at TFC makes me cringe now!
    It was definitely an arrogance coming from a sense of achievement in the stands. That's aged into a more educated sense of our place in the league and temperance due to lack of success on the pitch.

But we're getting away from the topic again. Other teams supporters and the doc in general.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland Supporters are class no doubt! But we have a hell of a supporter cast also...but are very limited at BMO field...out biggest problem we have that a supporter group like the Timber Army dont face is a proper supporter section!

You dont have to look back to far to realize that when giving a Supporter Section of its own TFC supporters are 2nd to none when it comes to support in MLS!

ROGERS and COLUMBUS.....TFC MASSES in its own SEcTION...need i say more?

The FO fucked up here not the supporters..the northend should of been giving to us simple!

So the fact is.....can we be the best when givin the opportunity? YES!! Will it ever happen ? NO What you see now at BMO is what you will see for good! We are maxed out...and without our own section this is as good as it gets!

For Example!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Portland Supporters are class no doubt! But we have a hell of a supporter cast also...but are very limited at BMO field...out biggest problem we have that a supporter group like the Timber Army dont face is a proper supporter section!

You dont have to look back to far to realize that when giving a Supporter Section of its own TFC supporters are 2nd to none when it comes to support in MLS!

ROGERS and COLUMBUS.....TFC MASSES in its own SEcTION...need i say more?

The FO fucked up here not the supporters..the northend should of been giving to us simple!

So the fact is.....can we be the best when givin the opportunity? YES!! Will it ever happen ? NO What you see now at BMO is what you will see for good! We are maxed out...and without our own section this is as good as it gets!

For Example!

well as i said early in this post, every now and then us supporters come out of our shell and show that we can support among the best in MLS. But an average game we are nothing special really.

I think you are right when you say what we have is what we will have for a long time as far as having our supporters section is probably true. We need our own stand or control of the tickets in the South End. And i don't see MLSE jumping at that idea. But the hope is still there that one days MLSE will make the South End tickets sold like a terrace, or North End becomes the new Supporters section, or renovation/exspansion is done on BMO and a proper supporters section is made! these are all very unlikely tho, renovation/exspansion is probably the more likely of those ideas even tho as far fetched as that sounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to see them do a video on Chicago supporters...some games they have no fans there, others they are impressive with there Flares and Tifos. Hard to say what Chicago fans will you get!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil man why not have a civilized debate with him instead of the snarky comment calling him a fool? His question is valid. The number of truly passionate guys who have either left in disillusionment or been banned outright from the RPB boards over the last 5 years makes my head spin. Year 6 and here we are lacking passion. I don't get the thought process behind that.

I just addressed the fact that multiple threads were being trolled by him with some silly comments that is all. As for the people leaving, I think a lot of people join groups with certain intentions and they find out that the group is different than their expectation. The same thing has happened to NEE. Its going to happen as long as groups continue to refine and seek their places. Support in soccer is still being understood by everyone in the stands and its an ongoing process. I have found that many people who left told me their reasoning and its philisophical in nature so I respect that. As for the bannings, the board rules are pretty clear.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a lot of opinions, suggestions and complaints time in and time out surrounding our clubs supporter culture on the current state, on how we compare to other club supporters groups/sections and what we should look like or be.

I am not to sure what has been done historically by the numerous supporter groups or what is in the pipelines, however to state the obvious, I believe we need to take a step back and say to ourselves where do want to be and what steps do we have to take collectively to get there. There will be obstacles within and between the other supporter groups as well as with MLSE, however that is a given. Hypothetically, if we wanted to have a similar situation like that of Philadelphia in terms of a unified supporters section with designated supporter cards and being self monitored, how do we accomplish that, what does the framework look like to achieve this end result? .

There should be no reason why we can not achieve what currently Portland has in terms of support and a unified supporters section "regardless" of our clubs performance for the past 6 seasons. I use Portland in the ladder as I am confident that the majority of the TFC supporters would like to be in the similar environment of what they currently have. So let’s ask ourselves the question, what is being done as we speak to get where want to be and do we know what that looks like?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I guess we all agree there have been 2 official protests. As for the other protests, I guess it depends on what the definition of protest is. For some, it's the boos we have heard at some games. For others it's more involved. I am not sure what other protests there have been that you are referring to, but they haven't been organized or extensive.
    What are the 2 protests you are thinking of? I'm including the black shirt CSA march and display as one. It wasn't about TFC, but it was organized by the supporter groups and took place at BMO Field so I think it should count.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is OUR HOUSE!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I just addressed the fact that multiple threads were being trolled by him with some silly comments that is all. As for the people leaving, I think a lot of people join groups with certain intentions and they find out that the group is different than their expectation. The same thing has happened to NEE. Its goivng to happen as long as groups continue to refine and seek their places. Support in soccer is still being understood by everyone in the stands and its an ongoing process. I have found that many people who left told me their reasoning and its philisophical in nature so I respect that. As for the bannings, the board rules are pretty clear.
    One could argue that the most passionate that have left or been banned subscribed on this motto only to find it didn't meet their expectations:

We are the voice in the stands
    filled with passion, pride and purpose
    for every minute of every game.

In your opinion, is the RPB charter still relevant as far as membership goes? Not trying to be antagonistic, honest question in response to your post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I skimmed through the entire thread hoping to find strategy and plans for the future... Seems like we are still stuck on the past.

Passion moves you forward
    Hate and Anger keeps you looking back
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flush View Post
    i skimmed through the entire thread hoping to find strategy and plans for the future... Seems like we are still stuck on the past.

passion moves you forward
    hate and anger keeps you looking back

qft 100%
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't read such a good post in a long time, Flush.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What AL-MO was talking about.

Very good read. Forget about where they are located and what not but just think of them as a SG. Same issues worldwide.

http://fratria.org/english/fratria_resume_2009/

I remember as they talked about membership and instituting fees for membership much like the issues that RPB had when they instituted membership fees and the encompassing issues.
    Last edited by Whoop; 06-02-2012 at 11:56 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are the voice in the stands
    filled with passion, pride and purpose
    for every minute of every game.

In your opinion, is the RPB charter still relevant as far as membership goes? Not trying to be antagonistic, honest question in response to your post.
    I'd say yes, because all the members who are still here, still embody that statement.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post

Very good read. Forget about where they are located and what not but just think of them as a SG. Same issues worldwide.

I remember as they talked about membership and instituting fees for membership much like the issues that RPB had when they instituted membership fees and the encompassing issues.
    Thanks for taking the time to find this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I skimmed through the entire thread hoping to find strategy and plans for the future... Seems like we are still stuck on the past.

PASSION MOVES YOU FORWARD
    HATE
    AND ANGER KEEPS YOU LOOKING BACK
    Required statement for everyone here!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why people come on here, take their personal time, to tell us what we're doing wrong.
    Either help us move forward, or get out of the way.

I don't come to your house/work/etc and tell you how you're coming up short.
    and if i did, sit in your living room, and talk about how you were better 2 years ago, you'd tell me to "f off".

now a member is family, and they might offer a corrective criticism, which is expected.
    but a registered user is a guest. and if i had someone come to my place, and they started yapping about how i was cooler 5 years ago, i'd tell them to get out.

and why would this guest take the time to come over and complain.
    they might argue that they care, but if they cared, they'd be a member, and help move forward, rather than just refer to the "good old days" which was just 3,4,5 years ago.

If you aren't helping us move forward, you're deadweight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any registered users stopping anyone either as individuals or as a group from moving forward. If the group isn't moving forward you only have internally to look.

As for not wanting to hear people's opinions that you dislike, the answer is simple. Make the forum "members only".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why waste your time referring to wasted potential?
    why not just move on?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Whether I like it or not the members and users on this board influence the direction this team takes. If left to complacency, as has been the pattern to date, the leadership of this team will never feel the pressure to perform.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I don't see any registered users stopping anyone either as individuals or as a group from moving forward. If the group isn't moving forward you only have internally to look.

As for not wanting to hear people's opinions that you dislike, the answer is simple. Make the forum "members only".

Watch what you wish for,many members are actually for this.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it ever happens, good for you. But you should be warning your members, not me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post

very good read indeed!

Thanks for posting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude,
    we are in our sixth year?
    what history is there to repeat?

the first few years were a "honeymoon"
    we've dealt with the mojo era.
    now we are 2 years into the Winter rebuilding era.

it's easy to toss cliches that are loosely linked to your agenda.

rather than snipe from the sidelines, come to a banner session, organize a road trip, help with administrative paper work?

I'm guessing you won't , it's a lot EASIER to sit on the sidelines and talk about "the good old days" like Al Bundy.

Wasted potential?, more like wasted words on your part.

I know the nultras broke away, but I have a lot more respect for them. They didn't like the direction of the group. which is fine. but rather than spinning their wheels, trying to change the minds of the majority of RPB members, they have focused their energy and passion into projects. Yes they criticize the larger groups from time to time, but they are still contributing to the game day experience.