Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking POSTGAME TFC 1 - Phily 0-Monkey off the back!

Monkey is off our back,now what?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC could have won the match handily. I thought the 1-0 scoreline was flattering to Philadelphia.

Looking forward, I hope that I was wrong about calling for Winter's dismissal, and that this past week will serve as a turning point for the club this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Monkey is off our back,now what?
    Playoffs here we come!!! just need 8 wins and a row and we are 500....

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everybody's still dancing. Classic DK goal, similar to the one he scored at the end of last season against New England. RJ should've had a hat-trick. And will JDG please stop trying to blast a hole in the net from 30 yards ?

Monkey off our back ? Nah. Not until we're 9-9 at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great afternoon and great to get win #1!

Congrats to the lads, and fans!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is our defence that much better or are Vancouver and Philadelphia just not that strong offensively. Has Brenner made a difference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see the monkey is off our back. Just got back into town today and watched the highlights ... looks like we had the lion's share of the chances.

That being said, this team would have to go on an insane winning streak to post any sort of respectable league record this season. The only reason I would hope Winter sticks around is that the alternative could be jim fucking brennan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Is our defence that much better or are Vancouver and Philadelphia just not that strong offensively. Has Brenner made a difference?
    Yes, it was nice to see the team win, it was going to happen eventually, and playing the next worst team in the league, this had to be it. Do you guys really believe TFC has turned the corner? They were lucky to get the win given all the missed opportunities and given Philly's horrible goal scoring abilities. That header by Cann which left the ball twenty feet in front of the TFC goal, only to be shanked by the philly player would normally have cost us a goal, had they been playing a better club. That is the problem here, TFC barely won a game against a team almost as bad as they are, they gave it their all, no injuries, tried their hardest, and scored one lame goal and played poor defence the entire match....if they don't improve drastically sure they will win a game or two, but they will lose them in buckets.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got in from the game.

Highlights of the day:

-Tailgate event featuring delicious cheese steak
    -__Wowza in disguise
    -Koevermans goal and the subsequent pile-up in 112 (those who were there know what I'm talking about)

There's probably more to add but heat stroke is affecting my memory.

Finally a win. Hip Hip Hurray!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from the reserve match and another win for TFC, 3-2 was the final score. Two nicely taken goals by Burgos. He was played out wide on the wing in Plata's spot. The third goal was scored by Cordon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ What did you think of Boa Morte? Reports have had it that he played pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the match he looked slow and didn't really have much impact. He did set up the goal for Cordon but didn't really show anything that would improve the team. Most of the people around me weren't impressed either. I'll be really surprised if he gets a contract.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Everybody's still dancing. Classic DK goal, similar to the one he scored at the end of last season against New England. RJ should've had a hat-trick. And will JDG please stop trying to blast a hole in the net from 30 yards ?

Monkey off our back ? Nah. Not until we're 9-9 at least.
    has that guy ever gotten a shot ON target?
    RJ should've scored 3 and had an assist. If anyone on the team is struggling..it's him!

Great game though. I thought they played well overall.
    Couple of scary defensive moments luckily they that they came out unscathed. I think a better team might have burned us on them. But again, for the most part, the back line played well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boa Morte gives me the feeling that he has a short fuse a couple of times when he felt he was infracted on he just stopped basically before the whistle....a la Laurent Robert of the past
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to get a win but damn, Philly suck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fluke goal, but we deserve to win this game though. We should have scored a lot more goals (Johnson wasted chances and Frings not shooting couple of times when he had the chance).

Our defending is improving but there are times we either lose focus or play the ball too much in back which causes us turnovers which usually results in a goal. We were lucky that Philly doesn't have a great offensive player to punish our mistakes in the back today.

Kudos with subs Winter made today, but hopefully next game Danny K and Soolsma start and have Plata come off the bench instead.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think he actually scored an improbable goal once. I seem to recall him clattering into an opposing defender, knocking him over and winning the ball in the process. The resultant shot from 25 yards ended up in the back of the net.

I think it was during CONCACAF action. Perhaps it was Dallas ?

By the way, watching this Vancouver v Portland game right now. Highly unwatchable stuff. And what's with all that smoke ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I think he actually scored an improbable goal once. I seem to recall him clattering into an opposing defender, knocking him over and winning the ball in the process. The resultant shot from 25 yards ended up in the back of the net.

I think it was during CONCACAF action. Perhaps it was Dallas ?

By the way, watching this Vancouver v Portland game right now. Highly unwatchable stuff. And what's with all that smoke ?
    He scored against Columbus when we beat them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can't even do futility right.

good win though, hope it carries over the break.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decoy Williams also played in the reserve match and looked ok. Played about 60 minutes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Decoy Williams also played in the reserve match and looked ok. Played about 60 minutes.
    He is the second "CB hope" that Winter keeps speaking about. Cann and Dicoy are who this management have put all of their faith in to lead the back line... Doesn't seem like he'll be back soon though. Maybe End of June? July? before he is first team ready?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me crazy, but after seeing Cann back, I think I would go with a Henry-Williams partnership for a couple games. Cann hasn't impressed me much, but Henry has.

He does make his mistakes, and he does seem reckless at times (I believe he clattered with Kocic, almost injuring him, and a game or two later, clattered with Frings, and DID injure him), but he does seem to have skills that we can take advantage of.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to finally see a win. And happy Kovermans got the goal after catching flack for expressing his opinion.

One game at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    RJ should've scored 3 and had an assist. If anyone on the team is struggling..it's him!

Great game though. I thought they played well overall.
    Couple of scary defensive moments luckily they that they came out unscathed. I think a better team might have burned us on them. But again, for the most part, the back line played well.
    He got one in DC last year from further out... it was an f'in rocket of a goal.

Here's the link with proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Xpo7kCy60

It actually happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good win.

(finishing is very low)
    Still need more goals, lots of goals.(shoot first in the 18)(force the keeper to parry back into the box)(LOts of

Better off the ball movement),(watch everybody else in and around the box during Soolsma's pass to koev.)
    our buildup was decent! but is improving, but again smarter decisions with football would serve them well.

As far as Defence I say it looks better, but still needs more gel.
    (more compact team)

overall offensively they need to support ball carry better, and try to avoid the long ball being kicked.

Lots of work still to be done but we got a good start.

Good work boys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We finished the month of May with a winning record of 3 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. May was a decent month.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offence meant but to all the 'it was a good win but...' people, just enjoy the win guys.

We are finding our feet again, we have some players off for international duty for a bit which will be good for them, Williams had a month more to recuperate and Winter obviously thought out the Hall at RB well because he is more defensive than eck, bring in Eck, Soolsma and DK at the end after running down the opposition to pour on offense.

Winter played that well, our boys played that well.

As for JDG's shot, there was a hole, the keeper was out of position and he TOTALLY did the right thing, something few MLS players even see, he just didn't get enough of the ball to rocket it hard enough (that shot was on target and saved iirc)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, it's now the day after, and the postgame comments thread hasn't even reached the second page yet. I guess people really do like complaining more when things go bad. I hope it's just a case of everyone who was present at the match still trying to get over their hangovers