Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yesss for once last minute goals happen FOR us instead of AGAINST us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget about a monkey on our back Denime, that was a 600 pound Silverback Gorilla we got rid off. All through this run people have been saying we aren't a 0-9 team well based on yesterday Philly aren't a 2-2-7 team either, they stink bad. It should've been 3-4 but I 'm not complaining.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the first time ever that TFC have won a game with a late goal (ie 85th minute or later)? They have certainly tied a few...
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He is the second "CB hope" that Winter keeps speaking about. Cann and Dicoy are who this management have put all of their faith in to lead the back line... Doesn't seem like he'll be back soon though. Maybe End of June? July? before he is first team ready?
    I don't actually think management have put much faith in Cann & Dicoy to lead the back line. As we know now, they tried hard to get Califf, even delaying his trade to Chivas with further offers & negotiations. They have tried to trade & sign other guys non-stop. They hoped Aceval & Caicedo would be the answers (considering the amount of money they were willing to commit to them). I don't think that they harbour many illusions about Cann & Dicoy, but they haven't done a good job of finding & signing upgrades. Let's see what happens during the upcoming break, and during the summer transfer window.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 05-27-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Is this the first time ever that TFC have won a game with a late goal (ie 85th minute or later)? They have certainly tied a few...
    In 2008, after losing the first few matches of the campaign, TFC won their first game in LA against Beckham with Cunningham scoring the late winner in a thrilling 3-2 victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Alan Gordon, against LA in LA as well.

I think this might be one of the first times it happened at home though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

That match ended in a 2-2 draw. But yeah, I believe yesterday was the first time at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I don't actually think management have put much faith in Cann & Dicoy to lead the back line. As we know now, they tried hard to get Califf, even delaying his trade to Chivas with further offers & negotiations. They have tried to trade & sign other guys non-stop. They hoped Aceval & Caicedo would be the answers (considering the amount of money they were willing to commit to them). I don't think that they harbour many illusions about Cann & Dicoy, but they haven't done a good job of finding & signing upgrades. Let's see what happens during the upcoming break, and during the summer transfer window.
    Cann had a decent game last night. As I said before a couple of scary defensive moments, but it was more of a team breakdown than individual players. But I think those defensive breakdowns happen less or at least with less effect when we have a proper marshal in the back. Here's hoping!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Was going to say exactly this.

Bit sloppy, at times.. but, the lads had a "never say die" attitude, right to the final whistle -- like it were a cup match, as we've been always wanting.

Let's hope they view this as a chance to go on a tear and defend their streak, like they would the V-cup.

Was nice to have a match end just after midnight, here, for a change.. but, after such a dramatic win, I was wired for quite some time afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Cann had a decent game last night. As I said before a couple of scary defensive moments, but it was more of a team breakdown than individual players. But I think those defensive breakdowns happen less or at least with less effect when we have a proper marshal in the back. Here's hoping!
    My issue with Cann is his brainfarts. After we scored yest he fouled someone like 4 feet in front of the box when the guy was going 1 on 4. It was needless and stupid. He tends to give away dangerous free kicks for no reason at least once or twice a game. And they lead to goals pretty often. I have no problem fouling to prevent a scoring chance, but when it's just lazy or over-aggressive for no reason it pisses me off.

All in all though, still WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO

WE DON'T COMPLETELY SUCK!
    WE DON'T COMPLETELY SUCK!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels good to win but there were some shocking stats from the match:

63% Passing Accuracy
    41.7% Possession

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly are piss poor. Can't believe they "re-built" into the team we saw yesterday. Have to think Nowak is on the firing line.

So yesterday I woke up feeling lightly nauseous. It was a struggle to make it to the game. I wouldn't have gone except I was sure they would win and I didn't want to miss the one game they actually win. As we got toward the end of the second half I started to feel really sick. In about the 85th minute I had to run from my seat to the bathroom. I just made it to the toilet and vomitted like 5 times. As I had my head in the toilet, I head the crowd go nuts over Koevermans' goal.

Somehow that must be representative of something. And I swear, I had not a drop of alcohol yesterday!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gah. it'd be so much to accept futility than hope at this point.

just finished watching replay on MDL and man, Philly sucks. though they had a lot of injuries to first team, but no excuse for such a poor showing.

TFC created enough chances, like we do against most teams, but for lack of finishing...

for those Koevermans haters, he is now at 3 goals in 7 games, with only 3 games started in league play. remarkable 18 shoots, 12 of them on the goal
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Well, it's now the day after, and the postgame comments thread hasn't even reached the second page yet. I guess people really do like complaining more when things go bad. I hope it's just a case of everyone who was present at the match still trying to get over their hangovers
    I thinks it more a case of people have stopped being interested after 6 years of futility. One win at home against the second worst team in the league isn't gonna change that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2mil4dero+santo View Post
    I thinks it more a case of people have stopped being interested after 6 years of futility. One win at home against the second worst team in the league isn't gonna change that...
    I've noticed a tendency when it comes to Toronto fans. When a team loses, everything went wrong. We break the game down and critique everything. Nothing worked, nothing went well. And when we win, there's the exact opposite. It was perfect, we played great, on to the next one. People just have less to say after a win I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels great to finally get the first win in league play, making it a streak! But I have to say the team has to start to finish their opportunities. Ryan Johnson has been awful at putting it in the net with the amount of chances he gets . I recall in 1st half he was 5 yards away from the net, and took an eternityto not only control the ball but then struck it high and wide to the right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    ^ What did you think of Boa Morte? Reports have had it that he played pretty good.
    It took him a good 30 minutes to get into the flow of the match IMO. Obviously that was in part due to unfamiliarity with teammates. He carried himself as the experienced professional that he is. He did get visibly impatient with his teammates and the referee at times but so does Ecks.

His work on the Cordon goal was very, very good. He had some fine moments. I think he could be a good addition if the cap hit isn't too high. I think he showed enough .... depending on the hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winter did say (boa morte) could be had cheap,where did he play,what was his role,was he a #10 type player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    winter did say (boa morte) could be had cheap,where did he play,what was his role,was he a #10 type player.
    Yes I would say so. Not flashy or explosive as such but very solid and confident. First half he seemed to be playing higher but become more effective and more involved in the second when he pulled back. Good passer. Winter said that? That's encouraging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all the haterade that has been (rightly) dumped on our back 4, I thought they played quite well yesterday (granted, Philly's ineptitude helped, but you can't help who you're playing)

The finishing for TFC was shocking though. After creating the lions-share of chances in the first half and having nothing to show for it, it was really starting to feel like another hard-luck, woe-is-me games where Philly would score a garbage goal and come away with an otherwise undeserved win. I guess this is what 0-9 will do to your psyche.

What else can you say though? Glad for the guys to get that W, and it makes 2 weeks off infinitely more palatable. Hopefully RJ remembers how to score, Frings' shoulder heals, and Soolsma gets back into the starting 11.

COYR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Philly are piss poor. Can't believe they "re-built" into the team we saw yesterday. Have to think Nowak is on the firing line.
    They are dreadful. What happened to the team that embarrassed TFC at home last year? While I don't think the playoffs are in order for TFC because of the giant hole we've dug, I'm fairly certain TFC will finish ahead of Philly once the results get rolling in.

That Le Toux trade for allocation money is their De Rosario trade.

That being said, there was a portion of the 2nd half where the Union were taking it to Toronto and I had this overwhelming bad feeling of 'here we go again'.

Hopefully with the 3 week layoff Koevermans can get into the kind of shape where he can go a full 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Strans View Post
    Hopefully RJ remembers how to score
    Yesterday was a reminder of why San Jose was so willing to give up on Johnson. Johnson had a break out year in 2009, which he followed with a season and a half of performances like what he's been doing for TFC in MLS games this season. The guy is known for needing a ton of chances to score his goals (very similar to Maicon Santos in a way).
    Last edited by narduch; 05-27-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I've noticed a tendency when it comes to Toronto fans. When a team loses, everything went wrong. We break the game down and critique everything. Nothing worked, nothing went well. And when we win, there's the exact opposite. It was perfect, we played great, on to the next one. People just have less to say after a win I think
    I'm certainly willing to kick in some opinions about the game yesterday but if you don't like what I have to say will you then complain about it? LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a great win for the Reds, wonderful for them to get it before heading into the International Break. It would have been a real downer for them if they had to sit on their asses for the next three weeks thinking about their 0-10 record.

It was just a wonderful day all around, the win plus the weather was beautiful.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't a perfectly played game but the result was absolutely perfect.

To those of you shitting on jdg....yes he's overpaid, but do yourself a favour and watch him for 15-20 minutes straight one game.

When the opposition has the ball in their own half and are making their way up the field, watch jdg position wise. Yes...he's waaaay overpaid...but to complain about him missing the net (actually was saved once well by konopka) from distance is dumb.

Ryan Johnson is paid to score and he shit the bed several times yesterday. Those of you wondering why we didn't win by more should be looking in his direction.

Not to mention the play where lambe could have played a ball back into the box for jdg to tap in.

Many Tfc fans have become disgruntled beyond reason.

There's a guy behind me in 115 that boos everything jdg does and was actually bitching out loud that we won yesterday, although I'm not sure if he was serious about that.

Who cares...we were the better team and we won. There are things to be picky about (like ecks play when he came on) and that's fine, but we need to stop minimising the fact that they found a way to win.

That's what we've been demanding from them for 9 games.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is today really the day for people to turn on Ryan Johnson? The guy has been TFC's best player by far this season. We won yesterday, let's not find reasons to negative.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    Is today really the day for people to turn on Ryan Johnson? The guy has been TFC's best player by far this season. We won yesterday, let's not find reasons to negative.
    I do believe RJ has been integral to both the CCL run and the current ACC title. If people have been forgiving of the whole team in the MLS due to the success in the CCL then forgiveness of RJ is also due.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I do believe RJ has been integral to both the CCL run and the current ACC title. If people have been forgiving of the whole team in the MLS due to the success in the CCL then forgiveness of RJ is also due.
    I agree and I didn't mean to imply I was turning on him.

He was just an example to show how bizzare it can be around here in terms of people getting on jdg for missing the net on a couple shots from distance.

Misdirected hostility based on salary and roles instead of what actually happened during the game.

After all...post game threads are for just that...chats about the game.

I thought it was a great team effort, top to bottom...and I think, with growing confidence will come more clinical finishing from everyone...rj included.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Nick Soolsma. Doesn't give up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    This.

It wasn't our best game but a win is a win. In a season where there has been so little to cheer for, let's just enjoy the win and leave the negativity out for a little while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was good game to go to.. felt like i got my money's worth, watched some decent soccer.. still alot of bad choices but they are getting better... we should have been up at least 2-0 at the half.. johnson's finishing wasnt there.. but yea.. good game