View Poll Results: Is Toronto FC the greatest football team in Canadian history?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 consecutive championships constitutes a DYNASTY!!!

37 62.71%
  • We've gone further than any other Canadian team in the Concacaf Champions League

29 49.15%
  • TFC's birthright is to be owners of the ACC because Toronto IS the centre of the UNIVERSE

35 59.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Toronto FC the GREATEST Canadian team in history?!?

How can it possibly be argued?

Duh!!!

Winning!!!!!

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't I vote somewhere?
    +1 for greatest

edit: there it is.
    Last edited by Damien; 05-23-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the orgy BEGIN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This question is ridiculous. I am not Croatian, but there is only one possible answer to is question.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...1495/index.htm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/opin...fans-tale.html
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though most of the conversation around me at the game was about corporate mergers and how many girls some asshole banged, Toronto is still the best team in Canada, and will be for at least the remaining millennium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ha ha multiple choice poll. Missed my chance to stuff the ballot box though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote D) All of the Above!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to poorly-attended parochial four-club competitions, TFC remains number 1!

Joking aside, I'm extremely relieved that we've managed to hold on to the V-Cup. This doesn't absolve Winter and the brass of our terrible league record, but it's definitely a positive for a club that's experienced so many negatives this season.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Three consecutive trophies are a dynasty so yes we are continuing that.
    2. Yes. Further than any other Canadian team. Eat it.
    3. The ACC is a place to play other sports or what suits call a tournament....

We OWN the Voyageurs Cup!!!

awwwwwwwwyeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, we will hold our trophy high as we sink in shit

you know, its funny how TFC and Liverpool are playing each other considering the similarities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This question is ridiculous. I am not Croatian, but there is only one possible answer to is question.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...1495/index.htm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/opin...fans-tale.html
    That is a great story.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    yes, we will hold our trophy high as we sink in shit

you know, its funny how TFC and Liverpool are playing each other considering the similarities.
    Are you calling the league shit? It's the only one we got.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmm.. no Im sorry , but they are not.
    That title belongs to:

oronto Metros-Croatia at Tampa Bay Rowdies 8/24/1976
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Are you calling the league shit? It's the only one we got.
    nope the league isn't shit...our position in it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats actually sad for Canada if Toronto FC is the best team in the country when you look at our record over the passed 6 seasons!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either Toronto Metros-Croatia in 1976 or the Whitecaps in 1979 where club competition is concerned or the Gold Cup winning team of 2000 or the World Cup qualifying team of 1986 where the CMNT is concerned. TFC don`t belong anywhere near an accolade like that right now but hopefully that will change eventually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSO_BBTB View Post
    Either Toronto Metros-Croatia in 1976 or the Whitecaps in 1979 where club competition is concerned or the Gold Cup winning team of 2000 or the World Cup qualifying team of 1986 where the CMNT is concerned. TFC don`t belong anywhere near an accolade like that right now but hopefully that will change eventually.
    I kind of discounted the Whitecaps because they had no stars, but I guess that's unfair - they did beat the Cosmos. Toronto had Eusebio.
    http://www.nasljerseys.com/images/Me...20Team%202.jpg
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of discounted the Whitecaps because they had no stars, but I guess that's unfair - they did beat the Cosmos. Toronto had Eusebio.
    http://www.nasljerseys.com/images/Me...oad Team 2.jpg
    That wouldn't happen to be a team of Chuck Norris', would it (especially #22)?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully, times are a changing... a win on the weekend, and great standing in 112 to experience it...

Though, I have now concluded what the problem is in Toronto (and our general mediocre professional sports success) ... even though people are dressed in TFC red, scarfs, hats , &shirts... Toronto-ians have an innate ability to still scream and complain about our team more than at the visitors, even on the simplest 'bad bounce of the ball' that some how our player could have affected it differently... It's shocking and I thought it was only the fair weather fans in 107 who hadn't experienced a match before... but even in 112 they do it. So being from the west (a loud redneck) and not having the Ontario polite demeanor, I constantly have to call people on it, which seemed like a change up for the section and a surprised 2 me being 5 rows back from the drum with people dissing our team, wtf!!! a around me group were laughing and saying we're all sheep for cheering together though they all had jerseys on and scarfs wtf are these peeps standing in the section... I think fundamentally this is the problem in Toronto, the rule of 'never saying anything bad about one's team' especially during a match is constantly broken, maybe a training session for Toronto fans is needed... negative comments during the match are uncalled for and we will never have a great sports team here until Toronto fans realize this... save your arm chair quarter-backing negative comments for the bar after the match or Bob McCown... you arent going to have this mentality in Seattle man u or at a Yankees game... and your not going to be the greatest until everyone believes doesn't matter what team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_D View Post
    Hopefully, times are a changing... a win on the weekend, and great standing in 112 to experience it...

Though, I have now concluded what the problem is in Toronto (and our general mediocre professional sports success) ... even though people are dressed in TFC red, scarfs, hats , &shirts... Toronto-ians have an innate ability to still scream and complain about our team more than at the visitors, even on the simplest 'bad bounce of the ball' that some how our player could have affected it differently... It's shocking and I thought it was only the fair weather fans in 107 who hadn't experienced a match before... but even in 112 they do it. So being from the west (a loud redneck) and not having the Ontario polite demeanor, I constantly have to call people on it, which seemed like a change up for the section and a surprised 2 me being 5 rows back from the drum with people dissing our team, wtf!!! a around me group were laughing and saying we're all sheep for cheering together though they all had jerseys on and scarfs wtf are these peeps standing in the section... I think fundamentally this is the problem in Toronto, the rule of 'never saying anything bad about one's team' especially during a match is constantly broken, maybe a training session for Toronto fans is needed... negative comments during the match are uncalled for and we will never have a great sports team here until Toronto fans realize this... save your arm chair quarter-backing negative comments for the bar after the match or Bob McCown... you arent going to have this mentality in Seattle man u or at a Yankees game... and your not going to be the greatest until everyone believes doesn't matter what team...
    I have never herd of this code you speak of and that is not just a Toronto thing to bad mouth your team when they are playing like shit. I have been to grounds in England and fans often booo, sing, yell, and even threaten players that play for the same team they support. Including big clubs like Chelsea. Yes Chelsea fans vs Wigan this year for example were talking shit, yelling all game how shit there players were on the field, then started singing for a pigeon that flew on the field because they found it more entertaining then the actual 0-0 game that was going on the field, they were pissed off until the very end that Chelsea wasn't winning, my friend was at the game and told me. I have been to other grounds like West Ham and Crystal Palace who have also been very angry with there players.And to be honestly starting out 0-9 i am not suprissed at all for bad mouthing there team. I think id actually be more mad if fans didn't see anything wrong with starting 0-9 in the season.
    Last edited by james; 05-28-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you need to include either Galt Football Club who won an Olympic gold or Westminster Royals who won EIGHT Canadian Championships.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to be clear, I was being facetious.

My vote is Galt Football Club.... Olympic gold, that's prestigious. Even though the olympic tournament only had like 4 teams a la ACC.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.nasljerseys.com/images/Me...20Team%202.jpg
    Fantastic - and look at Bob Iarusci there, standing right next to Eusebio - brilliant.

Great article linked upthread re: 1976 NASL Champs on the Sports Illustrated site. A bit sad at the end, though, with the talk of how soccer is about to explode in North America, etc... if only... *sigh*

Anyway, the answer is 'no'. TFC is not the greatest Canadian team ever, but then I don't think this is really a serious poll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Just to be clear, I was being facetious.
    I'm a little slow

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahem....um, yes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about it.

They came from the sticks, literally. And beat English teams on their turf, playing that kick them in the shins game done back then.

They were good enough to tour and thumped the mother country.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Great yarn. Huzzah to the boys of '88!!

Was this the greatest Canadian soccer player ever?
    http://www.thestar.com/opinion/article/182267