Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Davidson not only stomped on JDG's foot in order to provoke, but also spit at him? Just makes it obvious how premeditated the whole thing was -- he would likely have gone down just as fast if JDG had touched him somewhere else.

I posted the Deadspin link to Twitter...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

computer whizrds. . . please make a gif of that glove slap reaction..

oure
    comedy
    gold.

NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Although I agree with you - if I was a quick thinking footballer in the middle of a tight game, and an opponent raised their hand to my face, I would jump on the floor like I was shot too! Way may be calling him a bitch - but if he raised his hand to JDG, we would be up in arms and calling him a thug!

rule number one of football - NEVER raise your hand to an opponent EVER!
    You've never watched a match with me...

I give our lads just as much shit, if not more, if they are lying on the pitch, diving all around, playing up injuries...

This is a MAN'S GAME... Play it like one...

This isn't really connected to incident like this, but.... In my opinion, FIFA must institute tighter referee directives - if the play is stopped for an injured player, that player MUST be removed from the pitch for a minimum of 1-minute... Minimum of 1-minute...

No more "resting" while guys grab their legs, then when they're asked "...trainer???..." they say '...no...' and pop up b/c they know then they'll be sent off for a bit... F*** all this pussy bullshit...

You go down hurt and stop play - your team plays a man down for a min of 1-minute, more if you're down longer and killing time...

You get a little knock - get up and play like a pro-athlete for Godsake and limp it off...

There is a very good reason why non-football fans think this is a baby-pussy sport - and that reason in the conduct of a large majority of players throughout the entire world...

/rant... Gimme a beer! LOL
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I think TSN had him in the Top Ten worst dives last night.........I am still waiting for this animated GIF as well.....where is wowza and why is he slacking.
    sorry m'lord. i'll get it right away.
    in the meantime, i've readied your bedchamber.

haha, ive been watching too much game of thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    My favorite part was when he laid flat on his back, staring up into space with that blank stare and his mouth open.... He is a great actor. He really did look like somebody who just got knocked out.
    i was discussing it post-match with joes, it was the first time i saw it. the kerfuffle was too thick to see exactly what happened from over in 112. when it was live, i had seriously thought deguzman turned around and cold-cocked him. seriously, i thought JDG just went nuts and started popping chiclets (my favourite euphemism for knocking someones teeth out). raising your hands to another player is normally a bookable offense, stupid yes, but he did step on his foot. the ref didnt see what happened, and the fourth was in no position to make a recommendation, but he sold it well. davidson looked like he took a boot to the head or something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to the next time VWFC is in town, should be fun.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember playing in a tournament back in the day. One of our strikers slapped the other team's keeper. The keeper then broke our strikers nose.
    Last edited by eustacchio; 05-25-2012 at 09:57 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Deadspin video would be a lot easier to watch without the overlay of Davidson lying on the gound, but I love the write-up:

In the midst of some heated talk, Toronto's Julian de Guzman lightly brushed the cheek of Jun Marques Davidson, as you would a lover or a baby bird. Davidson went down like a pile of bricks. Obviously, de Guzman is Marvel superhero Rogue.
    Highlighted part might inspire a good banner for the next time the Shitecraps are in town.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes JDG lost his cool and should have known better of course....what pisses me off the most about the whole incident even more than the falling down like he was dead...was that he completely provoked the situation. He took advantage that everyone was all over the place and no one was paying attention to anything....

Him stomping or stepping intentionally on JDG's foot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Yes JDG lost his cool and should have known better of course....what pisses me off the most about the whole incident even more than the falling down like he was dead...was that he completely provoked the situation. He took advantage that everyone was all over the place and no one was paying attention to anything....

Him stomping or stepping intentionally on JDG's foot.
    ... and JDG fell for it. Not that other players, even great ones haven't (e.g. Zidane).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

East Side Stand Up awesome comic for this one: http://www.eastsidestandup.com/index.php

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To provide a bit of entertainment until somebody has time for a GIF or other jokes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...jxdr90o#t=109s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    To provide a bit of entertainment until somebody has time for a GIF or other jokes:

LOL! And she's a hottie too.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok, that is fucking amazing
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes just another example of whats wrong with soccer players today. I would like to see MLS become the first league to actually clamp down on this pussy diving shit and start reviewing video tapes and suspending and finning players for doing such actions. MLS would help show rest of the world that this is should not be excepted in Soccer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouvers fans' comments are so lame.