Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just EAT deGuzman's contract and NEVER let that little twit on the pitch again...we're much better without him....Cann and Henry completed bossed Hassli and had him whining like a little biotch...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a night. I live for midweek games. Electric yet again in the stands. Thanks to Furty poppin his capo cherry even if it was for only a couple songs. It means you need to get into the regular rotation, kid.

Speaking of cherries- the metaphoric sundae topper for me last night was watching the Voyageurs Cup marched out by a member that helped make this grow to what it is. Let's not forget this and let the suits call the tourney call it the sponsor-of-the-year cup.

To us it should always be the Voyageurs Cup.

Bring on the CCL.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrific effort by the boys last night, that was a great game to watch. And i'll take one of our players getting a red when sticking up for a team-mate any day of the week. To the Champions League!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian De Guzman should never play again. Also, someone needs to strip off the Canadian flag from that Davidson's shirt. How that guy can look himself in the mirror this morning is beyond me.

Not only are we the greatest Canadian team of all time...we may be the greatest TEAM of all time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I enjoyed two particular elements of the game. 1) Plata completely owning the "great" Y.P. Lee and 2) a Vancouver team choking yet again. They're all insufferable cunts.
    Haha...all i kept hearing from Dobson was "great" and "legend" in regards to Lee. Great legends don't allow Plata free reign nor free headers at goal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have pics of my boy on the capo stand with Bobby?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love how the post-game blog-os-sphere was just prizby and i running down butthurt whitecaps fans on the MLS/TFC website. anywho.. what the southsiders are saying:

We can't purge the pain of the Montreal debacle until we win this cup. A lot of my anxiety and anger of this loss comes out of the anger of that disgraceful evening (and to a secondary degree the absolute bullshit of last year).
    I'm glad for Cann. He's pure class. He rallied his club, set the tone early and helped an 18 and a 20 year-old dominate our top forwards. Good luck TFC. You deserve it.
    No question that tfc was the better team over the 2 games and deserved the win. Let's not bitch about the officials pretty please...Caps didn't do nearly enough to win. Did the tfc keeper make ANY saves tonight..brutal.
    And Davidson...fucking embarrassing. I'd love to see Rennie sit him a game to send a message that shit like that won't fly on this team. Given the amount of games lately and the fact that "near death experiences" are an accepted part of the game that's not likely however. But that's a rant for another day.
    Congrats tfc...you earned this one. Now go fuck yourselves.

I fast-forwarded most of the second half because the first was so poor, so don't have too much intelligent to say. Despite what they said, it was clear the 'Caps don't really rate this tournament. That's fine with me, it's making the playoffs that will start to give Canadian MLS teams some legitimacy
    No need to be a condescending fucking cunt. If you're happy with the effort, I certainly question your views. Nobody was in a tougher situation than TFC. They had players, Canadian players, step up and win the cup. Blaming congestion, the referrees, or anything else other than a lack of passion is ridiculous.
    ^ this last one was a callout for another SS member. i dont understand how their mods can sit back while two of their members have a back and forth throwing words around like "fucking cunt" and "xenophobic". weird. either way. goddamn, that cup feels good. they can take their league points, frame em, and stick them in their trophy case.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, and this one deserves a separate post.

pure. class.

I hope every member of TFC's organization dies horribly of AIDS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the pregame thread I said the Whitecaps weren't getting enough respect given they were 18 points ahead of us in the MLS standing... I take it all back, they are fucking dire. Nice to have a win and keep Vancouver Voyageur Cup-less, I think FC Edmonton might just win a cup before they do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    oh, and this one deserves a separate post.

pure. class.
    Having driven through their Downtown Eastside I think that's more likely to happen to the Vancouver FO than ours

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Championees Championees Oh nine oh nine oh nine!

Got stuck at work and had to watch what I could of the match at home. Craig Forrest and Gerry Dobson were so mad that Toronto won. I love that those old boy soccer Canada guys hate TFC and are so jealous of the club's success (off the field). Eat it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great result. Pretty choppy game, but I'll take a grinder win. TFC actually was possessing the ball well quite a bit, with Frings spraying passes everywhere. Couple of nice cross field passes. Anyone else thinks Reggie Lambe reminds them of Rohan Ricketts, except Lambe has more mental fortitude to get the job done? He's got 4 goals in all competitions already and may be this year's Plata. I like having depth on offence.

Does this win fix everything that's wrong with this club? No.
    But it's nice to win, and maybe the team can put aside their difference to finally play like we dream...

On to Sat and 3pts vs Philly!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!. the stands were electrifying and a big THANK YOU to all the well wishers who congratulated me on jumping on that capo stand. It is quite Intimidating at first but sometimes you have to go that extra mile for the club . and i must have hugged half the squad after the win, it was crazy. This is group is something else, when someone is feeling down about the club or anything else, people here always push you to get back up and keep on keeping on.

These are the games that make the suffering just a tad bit more bearable. 4 Times we have won this cup and what a feeling. I WANT TO SEE AN AWESOME COMMEMORATIVE SCARF MADE FOR THIS OCCASION. the flags were amazing, they were everywhere, and the night was just magical. and as Pete so famously sings............... NEVER SURRENDER. It was nice to see the squad have smiles on their faces. That Le Toux incident was laughable at best. it was a courtesy slap and he fell down as if he got knocked out cold. I hate seeing that krap whether its from an opposing team or my own team tisk tisk tisk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    Loving the win, Eks was the perfect sub. Gotta give Winter credit for that.
    Yeah, Winter had some excellent options on the bench last night and he chose correctly. It was a good adjustment to move Hall into the midfield to fill in after JDG's exit, and Ecks showed his value. Eckersley owned that right side. I can't say enough good things about Soolsma. He provided a spark offensively for TFC yet again. I can't disagree with subbing on Dunfield to help close out the match. Although, I do admit to being nervous about that choice when it was made. I'm still reeling from Bayern's inability to prevent Chelsea from scoring last Saturday after Jupp Heynckes subbed-off Thomas Müller for Daniel van Buyten so close to the end of regulation time. Good on TFC for not allowing any last second heroics from Vancouver.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Craig Forrest can eat a dick. So blatantly obvious he wasn't happy Toronto won. If you have so much contempt for the city that provides you with a living, go back to Coquitlam, idiot.Campiones!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jack; 05-24-2012 at 08:58 AM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Haha, that's fantastic!

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League form aside, TFC have been the better team throughout the tourney. 2 wins out of 4 games is a statement. And they were the better team tonight. The title is well-deserved.

VWFC were thoroughly unimpressive.
    I completely agree. There's a reason why games are played on the pitch and not on paper. I'm glad the ACC is decided in such a manner and not just handed to the Canadian team who happens to be currently ahead in the MLS standings. You want to raise the Voyageurs cup and represent Canada in the CCL? Then you have to prove that you are better than the other Canadian teams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another choice quote from the Southsiders board - love how they're having a go at one another, haha....."A tough loss huh, how long have you been a season ticket holder I have been supporting this team since 1980 and have probably been to more games than you have had hot dinners, so I have the right to expect better, winning every game is not one of those but not falling apart in an important match is. You know where I will be next game and beyond Supporting the caps and hoping they win, where you gonna be in the beer line up. By they way I only support one team in this town and that the Caps, I think the Orcas suck just like you."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha headline just now on the MLS home page:

"World's worst team passes the mantle"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG was pure gangsta last night. I think it was risky on his part, but I liked his passion in standing up for his teammates.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

Love. That!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree - some here seem to be on him for his actions, which to a small degree i understand BUT he supported his teammate, got stomped on by a pussy boy and gave him a tap on the cheek - if i were a VWC supporter i'd be humiliated. JDG had played a solid game to that point and at best deserved a yellow, nothing more...

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BayernTFC View Post
    Yeah, Winter had some excellent options on the bench last night and he chose correctly. It was a good adjustment to move Hall into the midfield to fill in after JDG's exit, and Ecks showed his value. Eckersley owned that right side. I can't say enough good things about Soolsma. He provided a spark offensively for TFC yet again. I can't disagree with subbing on Dunfield to help close out the match. Although, I do admit to being nervous about that choice when it was made. I'm still reeling from Bayern's inability to prevent Chelsea from scoring last Saturday after Jupp Heynckes subbed-off Thomas Müller for Daniel van Buyten so close to the end of regulation time. Good on TFC for not allowing any last second heroics from Vancouver.
    Switching from Ecks when he looked to originally bring in Danny K was a smart move and the right one. Full credit. Closed the game right there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switching from Ecks when he looked to originally bring in Danny K was a smart move and the right one. Full credit. Closed the game right there.
    BIG ECKS is ALWAYS the RIGHT OPTION!

Protect a lead, need a goal, street fight, drinking contest, marathon, spelling bee, fashion show, rock-paper-scissors, blackjack - BIG ECKS DOES ALL...!!!

"...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)