Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corcai View Post
    Silver Lining for the Supporters. They deserve to watch some meaningful games over the next 9-10 months. They deserve it big time.

Agreed. And the players coming to celebrate with the fans was awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you sooo much Henry. When you passed my seat with your hand up it made all the shit this year worth while. THANK YOU HENRY!!!! Seeing Frings hoist that shit up in the air. OOOOOOH YYEAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astonishing. In CCL/ACC play so far this year: 3 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss. In each of the three pairs of games against MLS opposition, they drew the first game and won the second.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Nice to continue the Cup streak, and nice to see some genuine relief and happiness from the players when that final whistle blew. You can tell they've been waiting for one of those moments for a while.

The game itself was atrocious. The play was disjointed, chippy, and boring. The officiating was possibly the worst I've seen yet. Julian de Guzman should never kit up for this team again, after his stupid, selfish decision to put the team down a man, until Le Toux came to the rescue.- Scott
    It seemed pretty clear from this game that our team is going to wake up tomorrow with all of the same problems they had yesterday, but for tonight, I will enjoy this - and more so shoving it up Vancouver's ass.

yes enjoy the night

and that was very poor refereeing i thought we were playing panama the way the caps were falling down

but we won ffs and thats all that matters for now
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ha ha Martin Rennie complaining that the ref Silviu Petrescu is from Toronto. (I mean the guy would have been justified in giving Toronto one or two PKs if he wanted to help.)

Dear sir,
    Petrescu is from Kitchener. But I would like to invite you to a Kitchener Rangers game some day, and you can call all the locals a bunch of Torontonians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pawlukj View Post
    im sorry i cant help but LOL at this cup tournament.. it only takes a team to beat two teams and they are champions.. either way congrats

SSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Don't give away the secret to our 4th consecutive championship!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MATTY'S ON THE CAPO, MATTY'S ON THE CAPO! LA LA LA LA!!

1. Im drunk.
    2. hell of a game.
    3. ive gotta be up in almost 3 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a beautiful night of futbol, to see TFC win their 4th consectuive Canadian Championship. If this game was lost, things could have even spiraled more outta of control even. Hopefully this win gives TFC the confidence they need to improve their league play. New season, starts Saturday. Lets go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm144 View Post
    It was a beautiful night of futbol, to see TFC win their 4th consectuive Canadian Championship. If this game was lost, things could have even spiraled more outta of control even. Hopefully this win gives TFC the confidence they need to improve their league play. New season, starts Saturday. Lets go!
    Great outlook and I feel your last sentence is true. If we can play though this last week, than anything is possible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL at Joe Cannon roaming around the field for an extended period near the end.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    LOL at Joe Cannon roaming around the field for an extended period near the end.
    i swear to god, it was like i was having fifa 12 online flashbacks. i just remember watching it going, "holy fuck, why don't they boot this guy already!?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC hasn't lost a game contending for the Voyageurs Cup since June 2, 2009. That's a stretch of 13 games: 8 wins & 5 draws.

I shit you not.

From another thread

Let it sink in.

And all you can think is "Really????? "

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

feels good to be in the stands for a win. Its been awhile. 2 questions from that game. 1) why was the first goal disallowed? It didnt look offside, what happened? 2) are we supposed to give the team a free pass now if they go 0-10 in league play on Saturday?
    While the win was nice, and MLSE will be happy with 3 more games to push on ticket buyers (which I will buy), how much are we supposed to let this distract us from the fact our MLS record is garbage? Does winter get a free pass now?
    To be honest, its a lose-lose situation. We have got on the players for failing to acknowledge the supporters in the past, whether at BMO or in montreal. However, tonight's celebration seemed a bit too enthusiastic for a team that is 0-9 in league play. perhaps the wrong timing for this post. We just on the amway canadian championship, and we should give the players and the fans their moment. However, I'll need a few league wins before I am ready to say this team is headed in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not too late for van Marwijk to call up Soolsma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Props for proper predictions, from the pre-game thread:

bigredone:
    I think 2 - 1 TFC on agg.

But I think the prize goes to:
    Walms:
    dreams/predictions?..

Had one last night, 0-0 at half time, then of all people Dunfield scors the winner in the 2nd

TFC win 1-0
    Sure as hell wasn't Dunfield scoring, but it was 0-0 at half, TFC winning 1-0 in the end...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingback6 View Post
    Regarding De Guzer, if you watch closely, you can actually see Davidson come over and step on his toe. I can't blame De Guz too much for reacting. Morgan's run was fantastic.
    Davidson certainly made the most out of it. What a douche. He had to check his jar after a little tap from DeGuz.
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    Davidson certainly made the most out of it. What a douche. He had to check his jar after a little tap from DeGuz.
    Serious epidermal contusion, predicted out 6-8 weeks with bad case of fuckwaditis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ Shitecap supporters!

They still think they're best team in Canada even though they couldn't beat 0-0-9 team (they had two games to do that). Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it to the finals next year (I predict Montreal beat them in ACC and then play against TFC in the finals).

Vancouver is overrated team that gets too much credit here. I have no clue how in the world they're winning games in MLS. Their team lacks a midfield and it's filled with bunch of diving crybabies. Also they seem have no Canadian players. So it's a good thing that most Canadian friendly MLS team won ACC.

Anyway, congrats to TFC. I don't know how they do it, but they always find a way to win non-league games.
    Last edited by TFC07; 05-24-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed two particular elements of the game. 1) Plata completely owning the "great" Y.P. Lee and 2) a Vancouver team choking yet again. They're all insufferable cunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ha ha Martin Rennie complaining that the ref Silviu Petrescu is from Toronto. (I mean the guy would have been justified in giving Toronto one or two PKs if he wanted to help.)

Dear sir,
    Petrescu is from Kitchener. But I would like to invite you to a Kitchener Rangers game some day, and you can call all the locals a bunch of Torontonians.
    Why don't we take Rennie to a Kitchener Rangers game so he can learn what a real punch to the face looks like! Better yet, let's suit him up so he can learn first hand. Pussy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fucking game. There weren't many elements of the match in which TFC were not the better side.

Still so proud to wear the badge on my shirt and the TFC scarf around my neck and nights like this just help remind me why I love this club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was clearly offside. Ecks held on far too long.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I enjoyed two particular elements of the game. 1) Plata completely owning the "great" Y.P. Lee and 2) a Vancouver team choking yet again. They're all insufferable cunts.
    Yes indeed. Vancouver gets 86'ed again.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what's great about tonight's win? The fact that we beat two teams that were in MLS form and had much better records than us. Montreal and Vancouver supporters have to be in foul, shitty moods right now.

No one like us, we don't care. TFC... 4... LIIIFE!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here...

Originally Posted by DichioTFC
    I'm feeling optimistic, if for no other reason that the law of percentages dictates that we have to win eventually
    Fucking called it. I had a feeling we would win the NCC, our team does well when they're confident and focused. And also, the team is 2-0 when I stop by the RPB in-game chat. Just sayin.

law of percentages? or maybe the law of WEDNESDAYS!

Wednesday games .... 3-4-1
    Saturday games ....... 0-0-9

loved the emotion in the game, and the southeast corner was loud and proud, well done all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh. haha. bahahahaha. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

awesome

that is all

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be a lost season already, but four straight Voyagers Cups is a nice consolation. If this tournament manages to survive, or even thrive, it will be nice to look back on all the Toronto FC teams listed on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple things I'm wondering now...

ACC seeding for 2013. I believe this was based on standings from the previous season, which is why it was TFC/VWFC/FCE/MTL this year, could we actually be the #3 seed next year as reigning champions?

Regarding CCL seeding, there's a fine print rule, kind of bullshit, that states no US and MEX based clubs can be paired in the group stage of the CCL. Meaning we're guaranteed to be grouped with MEX1, MEX2, USA1 or USA2. The other 4 Pot A teams are not someone we can get grouped with because of that rule. Tigres, Santos, LA or Seattle is our next threat then..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CONCACAF rules are all set up to make a US/Mexico final a likely outcome. However, TFC seems to like to beat the odds in any cup competition.

The best tweet from last night?

SCGGrant
    The only way for #TFC to top this is to go 0-34 and win the Concacaf Champions League next year.

No question that TFC was the better club throughout this competition. The strange thing is that Toronto beat the same teams that it lost to in MLS! This is not a 0-9 team, despite the league standings.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-24-2012 at 06:21 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a GIF of that twat Davidson taking a touch to the face, dropping like a ton of bricks, checking his jaw.