Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pregame/In game: 23 May, Vancouver at TFC (Voyageurs Cup Final 2nd leg)

1-1 on aggregate.

I never want Vancouver or Montreal to lift the Voyageurs Cup, especially on our own pitch. You'd likely feel the same if you ever read the Southsiders board lol.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a TFC win!!! Yes, thanks! Hopefully this thread stays positive!

I think 2 - 1 TFC on agg. Never surrender, but be ready! We MAY need some ammo to support the boys with in the coming months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be attending this match and hoping that TFC advances to the CCL because there is nothing else to play for this year. On the other hand, it would be a complete mockery of the current qualifying structure if a team that is 0-9 in league play represents our country in the CCL.

Ideally, I want to TFC to advance, and Winter to be replaced by someone (anyone?!) who can lead this team to respectable results in MLS and the CCL from this point forward. If TFC wins the ACC, and then manages to earn some positive results in league play by the time the group stage commences, I think it will be somewhat easier to digest for all concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first winless team to win a cup?

making history left, right and centre this club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will advance. The absurdity must continue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    TFC will advance. The absurdity must continue.
    Yep. Thats the story I want to see. It would be a good laugh (which is what this team is best for really).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine how pissed Wankouver would be if they lost to a winless TFC team. haha.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping for the win, however bittersweet it will be.

I really hope Winter starts Lambe/DK/Soolsma, and only subs Plata in after the 65th minute. The little guy is gassed around the 60 mark when he starts. DK will also be tired after the 70, I really wish we had kept Gordon to sub in off the bench.

Will be watching on TV. I haven't missed a single CC/CL home match in over 2 years but I will be continuing my protest with my wallet. Not a single coin into the MLSE coffers until heads roll, and not just Winters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Hoping for the win, however bittersweet it will be.

I really hope Winter starts Lambe/DK/Soolsma, and only subs Plata in after the 65th minute. The little guy is gassed around the 60 mark when he starts. DK will also be tired after the 70, I really wish we had kept Gordon to sub in off the bench.

Will be watching on TV. I haven't missed a single CC/CL home match in over 2 years but I will be continuing my protest with my wallet. Not a single coin into the MLSE coffers until heads roll, and not just Winters.
    Buy a 2nd hand ticket from a season ticket holder. MLSE will make less money than they would with your TV ratings and you get to support the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one relatively positive aspect of this upcoming match is that Winter will finally have a healthy roster at his disposal (other than Frei) for the first time this season. With that in mind, I would go with the following starting lineup:

----------------Kocic---------------

Eckersley--Henry--Cann--Morgan

-----DeGuzman-----Frings--------

---------------Avila----------------

Soolsma------------------Johnson

-----------Koevermans-----------

Subs: Lambe, Plata, Dunfield, Silva, Aceval, Hall, Emory
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 05-21-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

----------------Kocic---------------

Eckersley--Henry--Cann--Morgan

-----DeGuzman-----Frings--------

---------------Avila----------------

Soolsma------------------Johnson

-----------Koevermans-----------
    I wonder if Eckersley is out of Winter's dog house yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me a win is a win and a cup is a cup. When TFC puts this away on Wednesday it will be because they deserved to. But for Hassli's wonder strike they were the better team, dominating stretches against a team in the top half of the table. Current record shouldn't cheapen any accomplishment, they still had to go out and play the teams head to head.

Silver lining to an 0-9 season is being able to remind Whitecap and Impact fans that they lost to an 0-9 squad while we retain the cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Eckersley is out of Winter's dog house yet?
    I suspect Hall is getting playing time because they're shopping him around and want to prove to potential teams that he's fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    I suspect Hall is getting playing time because they're shopping him around and want to prove to potential teams that he's fit.
    yeah, that's right. we got him because we planned on trading him the second he's fit. Never mind the fact that we only had one right back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    yeah, that's right. we got him because we planned on trading him the second he's fit. Never mind the fact that we only had one right back
    Stinson has shown that he can sub in and play back up as a RB. In fact I believe he played that position in College and got a game in that role during the Olympic qualifying.

Plus considering the salary cap constraints we have right now and the weekness at the CB position its tough to keep $130-150k on the bench as a backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will win this if only because of the absurdity of it all. We have continually overachieved in the CCL and ACC/NCC if you compare it to league results over the last year and a bit, and quite frankly I'm loving it.

When do they start translating that into league play? Not sure, but I'll take a win tomorrow with a head-shake, grin, and my shoulders shrugged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whitecaps on Tuesday, Redcaps on Wednesday.

Redcaps, definition. 1. Being so embarrassed by loosing a trophy game to TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACC/CCL forms still seems to be there even if the league form is not. 2-2 TFC and we keep the Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    ACC/CCL forms still seems to be there even if the league form is not. 2-2 TFC and we keep the Cup.
    Is that a typo? Vancouver would advance with a 2-2 score.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that a typo? Vancouver would advance with a 2-2 score.
    My bad I meant 2-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay DeMerit's Tweet:

Jay DeMerit ‏@D6MERIT
    Hi Toronto, I'm looking for something small-ish, has some ribbons, silver, shiny, sponsored by Amway... Seen it? #gocaps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Jay DeMerit's Tweet:

Jay DeMerit ‏@D6MERIT
    Hi Toronto, I'm looking for something small-ish, has some ribbons, silver, shiny, sponsored by Amway... Seen it? #gocaps
    my answer: Your penis?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay DeMerit's Tweet:

Jay DeMerit ‏@D6MERIT
    This is just about the lamest trash talk tweet ever. My response would be "Yeah Jay, it's in our trophy case, asshole".

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay DeMerit's Tweet:

Jay DeMerit ‏@D6MERIT
    Moron,the cup was sponsored by Voyageurs not Amway.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an idiot. You know, the motivation thing works the other way too. Are these idiots not capable of keeping their mouths closed?

It's kinda like playing poker. Showing your hand after a bluff is very rarely a good idea but people let their egos run their play and eventually get burned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

What an idiot. You know, the motivation thing works the other way too. Are these idiots not capable of keeping their mouths closed?

It's kinda like playing poker. Showing your hand after a bluff is very rarely a good idea but people let their egos run their play and eventually get burned.

I hate when fans pull this shit to, like when Beckham had the beer and shit thrown at him at the skydome this year. Piss the guy off and put a fire under his ass so that he plays that little bit better. Same play he drops a corner kick into the box with a scramble ending with Donvan scoring.

Players like Beckham and Dero and Donovan show up for almost every game with enough personal motivation that you don't really need to fuel their fire anymore and get them even more determined/focused.

Beckham turned around after that goal and rubbed it into the entire sections face.

I'm a bit superstitious when it comes to sports as well and in my opinion its just bad karma to do this shit, its like commentators saying "well looks like Frei will get his first shut out of the year" with 5 minutes left to play.

Just shut up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will win, then we'll get excited about the season turning around, improvement and shit, and then lose to Philly and repeat this torturous cycle.

I'd almost rather we'd lose both games so house can be cleaned instead of salvaging pretend success like this. On the other hand, fuck Vancouver so 2-1 TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol everyone is coming SOOO hard down on Jay Demerit (who is a player I DREAM we would have), but seriously. What are TFC players tweeting about this? Absolutely nothing

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    lol everyone is coming SOOO hard down on Jay Demerit (who is a player I DREAM we would have), but seriously. What are TFC players tweeting about this? Absolutely nothing
    As we should. What an lame thing for Demerit to say. And what did you want TFC to tweet about?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jay Demerit is a fucking idiot. No love lost for that asshole. (and my dislike for him goes way back)Hope we crush their dreams again.