Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where does the visiting teams practice at BMO prior to game day?

I'm wandering where and when the visiting teams practice at BMO prior to game day. Also, which hotel they stay at. Or better yet, what time does the visitors arrive to the BMO on match day?

I'm a Toronto till I die fan,.... but my Korean Hero (Lee Young-Pyo, Vancouver Whitecaps) is coming to town and I would love to get my Korean National Team mini ball signed for my son.

Let me know if any of you can help with this. Thx.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this was about heckling Lee Young-Pyo with some well researched Korean dialog, then I'd help you out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cherry Beach or Lamport normally. Santos Laguna showed up after one of my sons soccer practices when they were here and it was pretty cool to watch them train and say 'see, they do the same drills as you do'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx Sky for the info. Do you remember what time you saw the Santos practice?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many MLS teams stay at the Renaissance at the Rogers Centre.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with Roogsy, they mostly all stay at the Renaissance. My girlfriend lives opposite it, and we always see the teams get on the coach to the game just before I leave for BMO. Although turning up at their hotel might not be the best idea!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you could also hang around the main entrance for when the team bus arrives - not sure when that would be, but it would probably be your best bet. I doubt there'll be crowds fighting for Whitecap autographs... although there may be a lot of fellow Koreans with the same idea.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last few visiting teams stayed at the Hyatt Regency on King St West. I work in the building and had a great conversation with Greg Sutton last week when Montreal was in town. I also saw some DC players (just missed Dero) the week prior and I also recall seeing San Jose too. The Renaissance is used a lot but so is the Hyatt and the Sheraton Centre on Queen.

I'll find this thread when the Shitecaps are in town next week and let you know if I see anyone Pryu.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

can wait outside of the gate after the game and catch them as they are entering their team bus.
    That's what I would do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen teams staying at the Harbour Castle on Queens Quay. I have just seen them because I happen to be passing by at the time, not because I am in the area often. Santos Laguna stayed there, because I saw them and booed them as they got off the bus after the game (they payed no attention) and I saw another team there last year but I'm blanking on who it was. I want to say Chicago, I don't remember booing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pryu View Post
    Or better yet, what time does the visitors arrive to the BMO on match day?
    I think it's about 1.5 to 2 hours before kickoff, but it's alot easier to just wait until after the game and catch them as they are leaving, just go to the southwest corner of the stadium and wait by the fence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Many MLS teams stay at the Renaissance at the Rogers Centre.
    True story. I was leaving the elevator after an Argos game (it was free hospitality before you ask why I went) in the Renaissance hotel when I saw all the Columbus Crew players waiting in the foyer. Having had a few beers, I burst out with "C-R-E,W, what an excuse for a f--king Crew!". Needless to say I was asked to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CMNT stays at the Westin Harbour Castle

I am shocked that teams would use the Sheraton Centre...that hotel has a lot of issues.

Usually teams the day before a game practice on the actual match field, like yesterday, TFC practiced at BC Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed! The Shitecaps are staying at the Hyatt on King W at BlueJay way. Had a conversation with one of the coaches in a line up at Starbucks.

The only team that I have seen in the Sheraton, Prizby, would be Real Madrid. Apparently, the place is set up well to accommodate high profile guests (alternate exits/entrances and a large lobby for fan interaction)

Anyway, Pryu if you make it down here, look for a guy with dreadlocks and say hi!! I enjoy meeting others who are as passionate as me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw President Shitecap, Bob Lenarduzzi! Man I can't stand the sight of that man but I have to respect the idea that he played in the 1986 WC against the likes of Platini and Teagana (sp).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    Confirmed! The Shitecaps are staying at the Hyatt on King W at BlueJay way. Had a conversation with one of the coaches in a line up at Starbucks.

The only team that I have seen in the Sheraton, Prizby, would be Real Madrid. Apparently, the place is set up well to accommodate high profile guests (alternate exits/entrances and a large lobby for fan interaction)

Anyway, Pryu if you make it down here, look for a guy with dreadlocks and say hi!! I enjoy meeting others who are as passionate as me!
    thats a joke...for FIVB World League Games, I saw Brazil in the Sheraton Hotel Lobby...they had flown from Rio to Sau Paulo to Miami to Chicago to Toronto over a 24 hour period of time and had been waiting 4 hours (when I left) to still check in...Sheraton is crap