Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I wonder about this as well. I think there are few factors
    -MLS teams do not want to eat up a loan player's salary, because NASL/USL teams do not want to pay for a loanee's wages. NASL/USL don't have a salary cap IIRC, but their operating budget is so small that even the min wage MLS players will have a big impact on their salary budget. A loaned player for MLS team is just a player eating up salary cap space, and maybe even a roster spot.
    -NASL/USL is probably sick of MLS poaching their best moneymaking cities.
    -Suspected quality in USL/NASL play, because except for very few players, not many D2 players end up doing well enough in MLS
    Your right, it is too much to expect lower D teams take on salries from mls players. As you said the money is not avaible for this to happen in NA. At the same time mls can greatly encourage development because of the cap. I think if the league really wants to send a message they should have a rule in place that every home grown player will have a zero cap hit throughout his time in mls.
    Last edited by Richard; 05-20-2012 at 02:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Your right, it is too much to expect lower D teams take on salries from mls players. As you said the money is not avaible for this to happen in NA. At the same time mls can greatly encourage development because of the cap. I think if the league really wants to send a message they should have a rule in place that every home grown player will have a zero cap hit throughout his time in mls.
    players under the budget, basically 21-30 don't have cap hit.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave my tickets for Wednesday away, we'll see about Saturday. If the weather is nice, I might go. Otherwise not.

Not criticizing anyone who can stay with this, but I surrender.

Canada qualifying and Euro 2012 beckon.

I've spent almost $20K on tickets since 2007: I'm not coming back unless there is real change.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

players under the budget, basically 21-30 don't have cap hit.
    Those slots are determined by lowest salary? I meant you can pay a player 500k yet no cap hit because they are home grown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunt Sports Group too, though they have their share of detractors but at least HSG has won an MLS Cup
    They have won 2 MLS Cups one with Columbus and the other with Kansas City before it was sold, I heard from KC supporters that the Hunts Kept the MLS Cup and it's on display at HQ in Dallas. I think last year with the new Stadium there were calls for them to return it, which they should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I gave my tickets for Wednesday away, we'll see about Saturday.
    I stopped giving tickets away or selling them, the seats need to stay empty, it's the only thing ML$E understands...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QSIM View Post
    I feel terrible for the lads who are still giving it all week in week out for the club. Danny looks like hes about to break into tears in his interview.

I have a serious question - how do you support the club (the lads who deserve it) without demonstrating complacency or a sense of acceptance towards MLSE, etc.?
    Protest at the ACC offices not at BMO.

Imagine 1000 TFC fans yelling for Anselmi's firing? Tell me that won't get the new owner's attention?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    surely there is a oil sheik or Russian gazilionare who's life time ambition is to own a Canadian team in the MLS. please.
    Dare to dream, but I would like to see you explain "Salary Cap" to them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    I stopped giving tickets away or selling them, the seats need to stay empty, it's the only thing ML$E understands...
    Not bought is the only thing that they would understand.

Rogers and Bell will have different metrics. I fully expect a BIG push for TFC on all Rogers channels. TV ratings do better if the atmosphere is good.

Ticket prices will change I suspect. And they will root out the scalpers who don't sell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    A public protest is a good idea, but it's not like they don't know they're 0-9.

The thing is, from the very beginning this team has been poorly put together with lousy infratsructure. We've treated it like a 'real' team with a real front office and real scouts and real training staff and we've demanded that a few individuals be fired - and they all have been, from Mo Must Go, to the end of Prekiball and probably soon Winter - and the rest of the league keeps getting better and we keep getting worse.

Now we have a laughable structure with technical this and developmental that, the place is full of embarrassing buzzwords and marketing crap.

If ever there was a situation that called for a back-to-basics, keep it simple approach it's this one. But no, what we get are silly grandiose talk about, "affecting the way the game is played in north America," and how in ten years we'll have the best.... something.

I just wish they would stop with the big time plans and bullshit talk and try to be an MLS team that can win a few games.

I am all for grandiose ideas, but when they are backed up by bullshit, they are a con-game and that is what TFC is a con game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

Imagine 1000 TFC fans yelling for Anselmi's firing? Tell me that won't get the new owner's attention?
    that's exactly what I was thinking. Ownership probably wouldn't even find out about any protests at BMO field. IMO the only BMO protest that would work is simply not going. I imagine a graph showing the steady attendance drop at BMO field would be more alarming to the new ownership than a list of things that the fans did AT the game. Then go to the main offices and make it clear day to the ownership that the problem is Anselmi and Cockrane.

P.S. I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should do, just my opinion on what would get the ownership's attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the fundamental problem is that winter is not up to the job. The squad is not without issues, but ultimately it is not an 0-9 club. People wake up. Winter is not cutting it, and I think it is save to say that unless there is a fundamental change in him as a manager he will not cut it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    lets go with pink them.

or maybe lets all buy piss yellow cbus kits and start wearing those.
    Are stay home

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    Are stay home
    Staying home does nothing, silent protests etc work best if a national tv audience is watching. And, how many of you will return and lay out your thousands in October on news that the team will be signing more "star players"......They know what they are doing, this is how they maximize profits every season.....fool you just enough to get your money but then do nothing during the regular season when the scum rises.....an 0-9 team that has not made one trade during the regular season says something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BHTC Mike View Post
    Tasmania Berlin were pretty bad IIRC. Early'60s Bundesliga.
    Wow, thanks for that. Had to look that up.

In a 34 game season, they had 2 wins, 4 draws and 28 losses:

http://www.rsssf.com/tablesd/duit66.html

Looks like the 2012 version of TFC wants to join the talk of worst soccer team ever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/0...ns-may-19-2012

Every. Single. One. Of. You. NEED. To. Watch. This. Video.
    "it's horrible", yup.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You see that Kovermans interview?

That is a player who gets it. This "played well", "good chances" nonsense that Winter and his apologists around here spout off after the loss every week, it is pure garbage.

Winning is winning. It doesn't matter if you "play well". You see what this "total football" bullshit gets you? Zero points, and a team full of emotionally shattered players.

You dont build a FUCKING winning culture by losing every FUCKING week. I don't care what long term goals you have or what pie in the sky "system" you want to implement. All that is happening is this franchise, and every player associated with it, is being beaten into the ground.

Fire Winter. It is painfully fucking obvious. Just fire the fucking manager. He has led this team to the worst record of all time. I don't give a fuck what higher ups are meddling, Winter is on the touchline, Winter is implementing losing tactics, and he is fielding losing squads.

Just fucking fire him. Holy fuck people!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't surprise me at all if one of both of Frings or Koevermans 'retires' during the summer transfer window.

I'm sure neither of them imagined this is how they would play out their careers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just One Man View Post
    You see that Kovermans interview?

That is a player who gets it. This "played well", "good chances" nonsense that Winter and his apologists around here spout off after the loss every week, it is pure garbage.

Winning is winning. It doesn't matter if you "play well". You see what this "total football" bullshit gets you? Zero points, and a team full of emotionally shattered players.

You dont build a FUCKING winning culture by losing every FUCKING week. I don't care what long term goals you have or what pie in the sky "system" you want to implement. All that is happening is this franchise, and every player associated with it, is being beaten into the ground.

Fire Winter. It is painfully fucking obvious. Just fire the fucking manager. He has led this team to the worst record of all time. I don't give a fuck what higher ups are meddling, Winter is on the touchline, Winter is implementing losing tactics, and he is fielding losing squads.

Just fucking fire him. Holy fuck people!
    I don't think Koevermans frustration has anything to do with what system they play.

I think he's saying "We just scored to get back in the game and we give up a goal a minute later because we don't defend properly"

As in....the defenders let us down. Mentally and execution wise.

I'm finally in the Fire Winter camp. But as much as I want him gone...I want everybody gone. Anselmi, Cochrane, Mariner.

But I just don't get some of you guys that feel bad for the players. Why? Cause it bothers them that they're losing. They're a HUGE part of the reason that the team is losing. There are players that are not playing to a proper standard. There are players that are making stupid mistakes. And then there are players that just don't have all that much experience (these guys I feel bad for but it doesn't change the fact that they're contributing to the losses)

Feeling bad for the players is stupid. It's making excuses.

Every single person that gets paid to walk around with a TFC logo on their clothing is responsible for this garbage. Don't let the players off the hook because they're tired of losing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I don't think Koevermans frustration has anything to do with what system they play.

I think he's saying "We just scored to get back in the game and we give up a goal a minute later because we don't defend properly"

I'm finally in the Fire Winter camp. But as much as I want him gone...I want everybody gone. Anselmi, Cochrane, Mariner.

But I just don't get some of you guys that feel bad for the players. Why? Cause it bothers them that they're losing. They're a HUGE part of the reason that the team is losing. There are players that are not playing to a proper standard. There are players that are making stupid mistakes. And then there are players that just don't have all that much experience (these guys I feel bad for but it doesn't change the fact that they're contributing to the losses)

Every single person that gets paid to walk around with a TFC logo on their clothing is responsible for this garbage. Don't let the players off the hook because they're tired of losing.
    Hey, I am with you, I would fire the lot. I would rather watch TFC's academy get trounced week in week out than watch a bunch of so-called "professionals" piss their way to the worst record of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His frustration is probably over the fact they are 0-9 and still talking about systems. This whole 'plan,' the whole Klinsmann overhaul and all the big talk was a marketing plan. They told everybody how much better they were going to be than everyone else and got smacked by the rest of the league for their big talk.

Clearly the players are tired of being the front men for this scam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I'm willing to contribute to printing flyers (reckon I can get them at cost), permits from the cops, whatever. Its the TFC Spring

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    And the fundamental problem is that winter is not up to the job. The squad is not without issues, but ultimately it is not an 0-9 club. People wake up. Winter is not cutting it, and I think it is save to say that unless there is a fundamental change in him as a manager he will not cut it.
    Time to promote him to some job where he can't hurt the team or poke himself with sharp objects.

I make it six times they've given up a goal before the Danny Dichio memorial chant, twice in the first minute. Unbearable and inexcusable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread is now being hijacked

http://ultimatecheerleaders.com/tag/fc-dallas/
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    His frustration is probably over the fact they are 0-9 and still talking about systems. This whole 'plan,' the whole Klinsmann overhaul and all the big talk was a marketing plan. They told everybody how much better they were going to be than everyone else and got smacked by the rest of the league for their big talk.

Clearly the players are tired of being the front men for this scam.
    I might believe this theory if I thought the players were smart enough to even think this way. The vast majority of the players on this team don't even know what system to be mad at. LOL

If the players were able to play the way they're being asked to play then maybe we'd see different results. Either way...it's a colossal clusterfuck.

The FO puts making money way before winning.
    The GM hasn't brought in any impact players and has re-signed players for too much money....and those players are regressing in performance.
    The coach doesn't know the league and sticks to his plan even though it's obvious (0 and fucking 9) that it's not working
    The players (short of 3 or 4) don't have the brains or the basic fundamental skills to pull off anything other than garbage football. They're also incredibly weak minded and prone to amateur mistakes and chicken shit collapses under the smallest amount of pressure.

It's a fucking joke from top to bottom.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/0...er-may-19-2012

Winter is a fucking loser. It doesn't even sound like he cares anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Sorry Trane. I agree that Winter needs to go but to suggest that he's the main problem is kinda out there. There are so many problems with this club but I think most would agree that the fundamental problem is that the FO has no clue what they're doing and don't give a shit that we suck.

This 0-9 start is just the straw to break the camels back. This team and club have sucked from day one back in 2007.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might believe this theory if I thought the players were smart enough to even think this way. The vast majority of the players on this team don't even know what system to be mad at. LOL

If the players were able to play the way they're being asked to play then maybe we'd see different results. Either way...it's a colossal clusterfuck.

The FO puts making money way before winning.
    The GM hasn't brought in any impact players and has re-signed players for too much money....and those players are regressing in performance.
    The coach doesn't know the league and sticks to his plan even though it's obvious (0 and fucking 9) that it's not working
    The players (short of 3 or 4) don't have the brains or the basic fundamental skills to pull off anything other than garbage football. They're also incredibly weak minded and prone to amateur mistakes and chicken shit collapses under the smallest amount of pressure.

It's a fucking joke from top to bottom.
    I have no idea if these players are smart or not. But I know it's dumb to keep asking people to do something they can't over and over again and getting the same results.

TFC has the players it deserves - they got rid of plenty of serviceable MLS players like Cronin and Labrocca to build this team and this is what they are: 0-9.

Why blame the guys who are trying? Sure, they're not good enough to win like this, but they might be good enough to win once in a while under different circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Trane. I agree that Winter needs to go but to suggest that he's the main problem is kinda out there. There are so many problems with this club but I think most would agree that the fundamental problem is that the FO has no clue what they're doing and don't give a shit that we suck.

This 0-9 start is just the straw to break the camels back. This team and club have sucked from day one back in 2007.
    Yes, I think this is true. Any look beyond the surface and this was always a house of cards. Blaming Winter now is like blaming any of the guys who've gone before him. I'd like to hear what was behind De Vos' twitter that none of the coaches at TFC have ever had support from above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont necessarily feel bad for the players but watching the Koevs interview how can you not feel his pain, I agree there are players which deserve the wrath of fans but you cant say some of the players are not trying or dont deserve some sympathy. Koevs didnt even start the game for some dumb reason. I understand all of the players play a part in this bad streak but it would be unfair to catergorize them in one group. Im not letting them off the hook but watching that video particularly gives you a different perspective, players like him really care.