Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see DeRo score two in this game! Perfect! He is an amazing player and our best chance of making the next World Cup!

Amazing goal in the 1st by Dero header and his whole game.

MLSE, you are idiots! What's new...

Lets fill BMO for all qualifying games!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think that all season ticket holders should completely stay out of buying next season tickets. I am for two season tickets!

Its the best thing that we can do for this club! We cant allow MLSE to maintain another shit organization like the Leafs and Raptors.

We cannot let history repeat itself!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know where to begin with this loss. There's just so much I could say, but most of it's already been covered.

We're an embarrassment. A disgrace. A laughingstock.

The thing is, NOTHING you or I can say would even come close to the words Koevermans had to say during the post-game interview. The man looked like he was on a verge of tears talking about just how completely fucked up things have become at TFC.

I am so sick of this shitty team with it's shitty players being coached by it's shitty manager with a shitty Front Office and shitty owners.

ANSELMI OUT NOW.

We need to sort this club out starting at the top and working down.

Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more upset at myself for thinking that TFC has turned it around and that TFC might have been able to get a result at DC. Silly me.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to bring my season tickets to the fucken town hall meetings this year and I am going to throw them at Tom Salami and his puppet Paul burned or shove them up their asses but I am afraid they might enjoy that! This club is a joke we have to reverse the clock back to 2007 and start this club the proper way and thats with new ownership not MAPLE LEAF SPORTS AND FUCKEN GREED!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Danny K. And Johnson. And Kocic. And everyone else who really gives a fuck (I think most of the guys do)

When we started 0 and 5 I said I wanted 5 more games to see Winter before saying he should be canned. While I don't think he is THE problem, it's clear he's a beaten man. For everyone in involved it's time to part ways. I don't really know where TFC goes from here though. The people who have been making the decisions are the problem with the club, and it doesn't seem like they are going anywhere. May be time to start actually thinking about the "protest outside the rogers building on a friday afternoon" thing. I've supported some bad teams in Toronto. Some really bad ones. This TFC team is by far the worst, and by far the most depressing. It's unconscionable how bad they are in such an even league. I was watching the DC feed of the game yesterday, and at various times during the game they would espouse from their POV what's wrong with the club. They hit on:

Terrible executive decisions
    Ownership meddling
    Woeful lack of leadership

They were discussing problems over 5 years, not just this year. Frings seems like a general, but we need someone the young guys can rally around, not just fear/respect. We need a coach who will prove to them he will play whichever way he thinks gives the best chance for results (even if playing the beautiful game is his preference). We need a coach who can make decisions independent of MLSE and their propaganda arm. I don't know where we find this player or this coach. All I know is that Anselmi has even less of an idea than I do. God fucking damn it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have to say this is the lowest ive ever seen the boards. This is definitely tough to absorb right now. it makes you kind of wonder about the whole against modern football protests, that major corporations are ruining the game. in this case ML$E cared more about money than the actual game and the history behind it. and Now it makes soccer look bad here in Toronto. you Can thank ML$E for givng soccer here a bad rep.

I just have to thank ML$E for essentially fucking up the chance to have the great sport here. this is sad to see something we love being killed week in week out just so they can make a quick buck. the only thing I think that can save this whole farce, is having an owner who is sports orientated and loves the sport to be behind it all the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

played 43 won 6, drawn 15, Lost 22. Twenty two! 33 pts from a possible 129.

How much longer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 123 elite View Post
    played 43 won 6, drawn 15, Lost 22. Twenty two! 33 pts from a possible 129.

How much longer?
    Why the short time period?

Played 154, won 40, lost 67 and drew 47. 167 points out of a potential 462.

We've never had a positive goal differential

We've never qualified for the playoffs

We've had 6 coaches, why is Winter such a huge problem for you as opposed to the people who hired him? Clearly the problem is bigger than Winter and his season and a 1/4 as coach. Especially since after year 1 when we split the Managers role and created a General Manager and tasked them to find players for the coach.

Edit: Just for shits n giggles, this is the entire Bayern Munich management staff

Jupp Heynckes Head coach
    Hermann Gerland Assistant coach
    Peter Hermann Assistant coach
    Toni Tapalović Goalkeeping coach
    Philipp Laux Mental coach
    Thomas Wilhelmi Fitness coach
    Marcelo Martins Fitness coach
    Andreas Kornmayer Fitness coach
    Jos van Dijk Training coordinator
    Marcel Bout Match Analysis
    Max Reckers Video analysis
    Dirk Anders Chief scout

This is the entire Toronto FC management staff

• Malcolm Phillips - Equipment Manager
    • Carmelo Lobue - Athletic Therapist
    • Shawn Jeffers - Assistant Athletic Therapist
    • Marcelo Casal - Massage Therapist
    • Dr. Ira Smith - Team Physician
    • Corey Wray - Team Operations
    • Mike Masaro - Media Relations

Why the fuck do we have a Director of Player Development, a Technical Manager, and a Director of Team and Player Operations? Aren't those all the same fucking thing? No wonder we're so fucked. We're a bloated bureaucracy. What we need is some fucking efficiency and some accountability. I'd like to see that staff list get trimmed down by at least 4 or 5 jobs. There's no way in hell Toronto FC needs 17 people to come up with an 0-9-0 season and Bayern needs 12 to go to the Champions League Final. Just fucking insane.
    Last edited by Waggy; 05-20-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm so happy to hear that you feel vindicated.
    LOL. At least we know one 'supporter' is happy with 0-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

Edit: Just for shits n giggles, this is the entire Bayern Munich management staff

Jupp Heynckes Head coach
    Dirk Anders Chief scout

we do have a mental coach though. a very mental one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I love Danny Koev. Best player interview I've seen in a long time.

I want an ugly win. I want to win with only defence. I don't want "we played alright". Fuck this. He's right. It's horrible. Worst team in the world. From our own player.

Fuck me.
    +1. Danny K's stock just went way up in my books after watching this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are just no more words. I can't say anything that hasn't been said before. This club is just one giant clusterfuck the way it's being run right now (and indeed, since the very beginning). We are seeing in a very ugly way how deep the problems are at this club, and how years of mismanagement are continuing to take their toll. And I don't want to hear the sunshine pumpers go on about how winning the Canadian Championship on Wed. means not all is lost, and we're back in the CCL, etc. When an 0-9 club are "champions" of anything, it is a joke. I don't see how anyone can be satisfied with that.

I just really hope that Belogers decide that they don't want TFC as part of their sports property portfolio and sell it to someone who is passionate about the game, and not just profits. It really seems to be the only way forward for this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gut wrenching..

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Winter? De Gooseman? Dunfield? Plata? Why is anyone harping about any of them? It is useless. Until the 3 wise men are gone - and I mean gone - there is no hope for this franchise, the players or the supporters.

Queue the Jackson music:

"Sit yourself down, take a seat
    All you gotta do is repeat after me.

ABC
    Easy as
    one, two, three
    Or simple as
    Do re mi
    ABC"

Anselmi, Bierne and Cochrane

This organization has been smashed to pieces by Anselmi, Bierne and Cochrane. Until they are gone, gone, gone and a president who knows mls football is put into place, everyone, especially supporters are just whistling dixie... all that can be done at this point is withhold all financial considerations to this club and push hard for the 3 wise men to be shown the door.

Someone earlier tonight claimed that MLSE has stolen our money the last six years. I would say that is not so. They stole our money in years 2,3,4. In years five and 6 anyone who pays MLSE is just an accomplice to the crime. We are aiding and abetting the most shameful excuse for soccer management IN THE WORLD. As Koevs patiently explains to those who are a bit slow: "We're setting a record that we're the worst team in the world"

It is clear as day: IT IS NOT THE PLAYERS AND IT IS NOT THE COACHING STAFF...

... simple as one, two, three, ABC
    remembering the optimism and fun at the beginning. My middle son and I bought half season packages ( my job entailed a lot of travel so fulls were not worthwhile ) in Dec before the first season. So we were among the earliest committed supporters. In seasons 3 and 4 I would argue with the rep that the fans were being taken for granted but in essence he shrugged and said you can be replaced. Finally we bailed before season 5. That means we, by your definition , are not accomplices but it really saddened me as a supporter of professional football for over 50 years. I don't blame the players ( with exceptions such as deGuzman ) and my heart bleeds for them and even on-field management ( look how Carver has done at Newcastle in his post TFC managerial career ). Danny's comments show that he cares. This is ALL on MLSE and I have been saying that for four years. I just could not stomach giving them my tacit support any longer. Maybe I will be back but not until top management is replaced with dedicated football fans who know what they are doing. Having written all this I doubt MLSE will pay any attention because they probably stopped reading fans' posts a long time ago.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe MLSE are trying to lose on purpose so that attendance will drop below the league minimum and they can relocate to Miami.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are dealing with what happens when a company is being sold.........the division that has issues just gets worse while the managers (Anselmi etc) worry about keeping their jobs.

None of this is going to be fixed until Rogers and Bell come in. So 2014 until they have their management team in place.

Until then, although they will probably change managers, and mess around with players, its not going to be fixed. We might win a game or two but we will be crap.

We will have a decent team in 2015.

Until then..........

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Came across this video yesterday - it's a Transworld Sport feature on TFC that I'm sure many have seen dating back to Year 1. I don't think anyone watching this could have envisioned we'd still be struggling to find our way in MLS in Year 6. Some of the quotes - especially by Beirne - what a joke they seem now. I see that crowd at the first home game now, and just feel.....sad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^^^^ ML$E is serious about the sport.....>_<. oh man i tell you its amazing hearing that ahaahha. here we are in year 6 and it sure as hell does not look like they are serious about the sport.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter must go. This team is the most gutless I've ever seen. On another note, the homophobic comments at the beginning of this thread should be removed. I find it odd that people get upset at name calling but find it acceptable to degrade a transgender beauty contestant for a laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    Winter must go. This team is the most gutless I've ever seen. On another note, the homophobic comments at the beginning of this thread should be removed. I find it odd that people get upset at name calling but find it acceptable to degrade a transgender beauty contestant for a laugh.
    seconded, if you wouldn't make remarks like that about a woman don't make them about a woman who used to be a man

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want an ugly win. I want to win with only defence. I don't want "we played alright". Fuck this. He's right. It's horrible. Worst team in the world. From our own player.

Fuck me.
    I wish they played his full interview. I'm sure there was more said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck me.
    He sure put Asif in his place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

surely there is a oil sheik or Russian gazilionare who's life time ambition is to own a Canadian team in the MLS. please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Danny's interview - wow. Sorry guys, Winter has to be fired, and now it's urgent. He might not be the worst coach in the world, but he's definitely the worst TFC has ever had. His interview too, he just looks broken. It's done and someone else needs to come in to pick up the pieces.

Im not even angry anymore, just sad.
    This. Even if Anselmi doesn't have the authority to hire a permanent replacement, Winter must be removed from the sidelines of the first team. Not next week, not next month, now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    surely there is a oil sheik or Russian gazilionare who's life time ambition is to own a Canadian team in the MLS. please.
    We need a big tifo that's a For Sale sign. Perhaps that'll get some attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    +1. Danny K's stock just went way up in my books after watching this.
    How much longer do you think he'll be here? TFC has had a lot of good players over the years - some like Guevara stay for a while, some like Laurent Robert and Olivier Tebily take a quick look around and see how badly the place is run and get out quick. Some (sorry, but it has to be said) like DeRo try to fight with the idiots running the team to make it better here, but the players always lose those fights.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Danny's interview - wow. Sorry guys, Winter has to be fired, and now it's urgent. He might not be the worst coach in the world, but he's definitely the worst TFC has ever had. His interview too, he just looks broken. It's done and someone else needs to come in to pick up the pieces.

Im not even angry anymore, just sad.
    Don't know if I am the only one thinking like this, but 0-9-0 is like a baseball team starting the season 0-45 or a hockey team starting 0-24, this is just unreal.

I am with others about not being angry but sad.

Watching Koevermans makes me want to cry. I want to scoop him up like I would my son and hold him and let him 'cry it out'

I feel SOOOO badly for our boys.

They know it isn't them but the tactics they are FORCED to play.

Really, a 4-2-4 formation can't win in a U11 game, nevermind a pro game.

It's not us that deserve better, our boys deserve better!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Furtado91 View Post
    I have to say this is the lowest ive ever seen the boards. This is definitely tough to absorb right now. it makes you kind of wonder about the whole against modern football protests, that major corporations are ruining the game.
    It's just THIS corporation. Since 1996, AEG Entertainment has held ownership in Chicago Fire, San Jose Earthquakes, New York/New Jersey MetroStars and D.C. United. Currently, AEG is the investor/operator of both the Galaxy and the Houston Dynamo (25% now owned by Oscar de la Hoya). Over the years, each of those teams, including up to present day in many cases, has been a success. You'll say, "oh, but AEG founded the league, the guy's a soccer pro" - and some of that's true. But MLSE has tons of sporting experience. It just would be nice if they also had some winning to go along with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The summer's finally here, it's time for Winter to go!

Watching the game, I think I'm starting to like DC. They've got a good mix of players. TFC should try to do something like that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

Jupp Heynckes Head coach
    Dirk Anders Chief scout

This is the entire Toronto FC management staff

• Malcolm Phillips - Equipment Manager
    • Carmelo Lobue - Athletic Therapist
    • Shawn Jeffers - Assistant Athletic Therapist
    • Marcelo Casal - Massage Therapist
    • Dr. Ira Smith - Team Physician
    • Corey Wray - Team Operations
    • Mike Masaro - Media Relations

Bayern Munich have 3 fitness coaches and we have none? Perhaps thats why TFC strolls around the field.