Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    I met him once at Manchester airport and he's a really humble bloke. Such a shame that a player of his quality was riddled with injury. Though I would welcome him to Toronto, I can't see him moving here personally, he'd probably join LA or NY for the lifestyle. He doesn't need the money, and would see a move to the MLS as a retirement type thing.
    Indeed. It's easy to forget when he burst onto the scene as a young lad that he was one of the most feared marksman in Europe and that he won the Ballon D'or. Never like to see injury take such a talent.

And he rode the pines at Manchester United for 3 years. Never once complained about it, never had a bad thing to say. Class act IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd sign him if only for THAT goal he scored as an 18 year old against Argentina at France '98.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't watched that one in years. Forgot how quick he was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over-Under on how many games he'd play??? I say 2 TOPS...before blowing his knee out taking a piss...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Headline: TFC to sign aging player who will miss most games out injured! Read all about it!
    That is old news, Koevermans signed a while ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember mista...i thought so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't heard this name in a long time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he was to sign with TFC, that would be the final strike for me to cancel my season tickets. I want him nowhere near this club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm144 View Post
    Haven't heard this name in a long time
    because Owen is too busy being injured
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say Michael Ballack what i heard is Michael Ballack is a very good chance of signing with MLS and heading to expansion franchise Montreal Impact.
    According to Steven Goff of the Washington Post, the 35-year old Bayer Leverkusen veteran could soon be on his way to Canada to finalise a deal to join the league’s newest club the Impact.
    “One contact says perhaps 90% chance Ballack signs in Montreal. But as we know, these things are always fluid and complicated,” Goff posted on Twitter.” AND!!!! Luca Toni is considering joining MLS outfit Montreal Impact, according to Tuttosport.

The publication states that the Old Lady have now turned their attentions to offloading the 34-year-old, after being frustrated in their attempts to offload fellow hitmen Amauri and Vincenzo Iaquinta, and it is the Canadian club that have reportedly offered a proposal.

However, sources have told Goal.com that Toni's preference is remain in Italy. The World Cup winner would like to finish his career in the country. Yet, without any playing time at Juventus, he might have to consider his options.

French Ligue 2 side Monaco has been public with its interest in Toni, but it seems Montreal currently have the upper hand in potentially landing the attacker. It can afford the player's current wages in a designated player contract.

Toni was snapped up by Juventus from Genoa last January, but has failed to make an appearance for the unbeaten Serie A table-toppers this season