Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Funny thing about Hassli - His goal against NE last week broke a long scoring drought. I think it was 14 games without a goal. Another big target man that went through a rough patch an is back on form. Don't write Koevs off yet.
    Hassli scored the game winner in stoppage time vs SJ. He's on 4 game scoring streak or something.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We looked good overall. A bit unfocused going forward, untill Koevs came in. A few defensive mistakes, but only one costs us.

The goal was not a horrible mistake, but Morgan was marking out of position, and Henry was playing to far off of Hassli, allowing him to receive the ball with space to shoot. Henry had a great game again, but in that situation he needs to mark the strikers closer, and put the body on him before he receives the ball. I understand who it happened, as Hassli was not in a particularly dangerous position, but anytime you have the striker in the box you need to take space away from them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I found that odd last night too. Le Toux is far less effective where Rennie has him now. Not sure what Rennie is thinking.
    Yeah. Same thing happened in Seattle and Philly when Le Toux played on LW. he's just not effective enough coming from the wings. Also, Le Toux has great stamina, but he's playing a bit tired
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    He has 4 in the last 5 games. Including a 90th min winner against SJ. But he did have a long goal less drought prior to that
    2 are in Amway competitions though right? Not putting down the 4 in 5, but just trying to clarify it. MLS stats has him with 2 goals on the season in League play. It is unfortunate for him that Vancouver has so many options up front.....but I am sure with his form of late that he will find his starting role back.

I'll still take Koevs.....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like our side's chances heading into next week's match at BMO Field.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    He has 4 in the last 5 games. Including a 90th min winner against SJ. But he did have a long goal less drought prior to that
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Hassli scored the game winner in stoppage time vs SJ. He's on 4 game scoring streak or something.
    That's the point I was getting at. Hassli was scoring, then he went threw a barren patch, and he's scoring again.

Koevs scored a bunch, went threw barren patch, but hasn't come out the other side yet. He might not, but I think he will.

That's how strikers work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    We looked good overall. A bit unfocused going forward, untill Koevs came in. A few defensive mistakes, but only one costs us.

The goal was not a horrible mistake, but Morgan was marking out of position, and Henry was playing to far off of Hassli, allowing him to receive the ball with space to shoot. Henry had a great game again, but in that situation he needs to mark the strikers closer, and put the body on him before he receives the ball. I understand who it happened, as Hassli was not in a particularly dangerous position, but anytime you have the striker in the box you need to take space away from them.
    I think his positioning was alright - 99 MLS players out of 100 would have chested that ball down first, and Henry would have been able to neutralize him. I think that was just a "shit happens" goal, and all you can do is tip your hat to Hassli.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the game. Very happy with the result, although a 1-0 win would have been sweet. Vancouver is a good team, but we seemed to be the better, especially in the second half. Can't fault anybody for that equalizer, it was glorious. I predicted 2-1, but I am more than happy with being wrong this time.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I think his positioning was alright - 99 MLS players out of 100 would have chested that ball down first, and Henry would have been able to neutralize him. I think that was just a "shit happens" goal, and all you can do is tip your hat to Hassli.

- Scott
    Agreed. You see Henry running, he wasn't that far away. If Hassli had chested it, or even done a two touch, no way he would have gotten that shot off. It was an excellent cross doubled with an amazing, maybe even lucky, finish. I doubt Hassli would get that 19 times out of 20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree, a bit too much space for the attacker, just to show an intention to come out and challenge Hassli would probably be enough to prevent a good shot, hopefully we will learn from this.

Overall good flow from the Reds, enjoyable to watch, plus this time we got a result to go with it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Agreed. You see Henry running, he wasn't that far away. If Hassli had chested it, or even done a two touch, no way he would have gotten that shot off. It was an excellent cross doubled with an amazing, maybe even lucky, finish. I doubt Hassli would get that 19 times out of 20.
    Precisely. Nothing to complain about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Precisely. Nothing to complain about.
    19 out of 20 times that ball would still be rising through Earth's atmosphere! There's no way Hassli could hit that ball so perfectly every time! It was a great shot, but Hassli isn't Messi! (even Messi would probably only get that 4 times out of 20, if that!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't fault henry too much on that goal. He left him a bit of space but its not like he was out to lunch. Just a case of great attacking winning out.

With morgan's crosses, I have to say no points awarded for robotic whifs into the box without a target. Passes work when there are people on the end of them. I know u have to probe space at times but you need to feel out the game and know when to do things. Guys should be runnint harder off the ball as well though.

Think henry is going to be a beast. He was battling hassli the entire time and to be frank it looked like one of the most physical strikers in the league was being man handled at times by a 19 year old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

say what you want guys,yes it was a 1 in a millon shot,the fact that he was so wide open in the last minute of the game is rediculous, brutal marking.
    should have had a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this will piss some off, but I feel it needs to be added. WE DID WIN ~ 1 AWAY GOAL VS 1 HOME GOAL. VICTORY FOREVER!!!!!! DEFEAT NEVER!!!!!!..........................

......................after today.
    Last edited by bigredone; 05-17-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    I know this will piss some off, but I feel it needs to be added. WE DID WIN ~ 1 AWAY GOAL VS 1 HOME GOAL. VICTORY FOREVER!!!!!! DEFEAT NEVER!!!!!!
    Aye it's a good way to look at it.

0-0 ensures victory, 1-1 means extra time, not a loss, had it been 0-0 like the semi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rumble from the stands will stir up the nerves of the browncraps that my tone will continue to ring true.

I have spoken so much shit today that I hope to not be setting myself up!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit where credit is due... what an effing goal....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    say what you want guys,yes it was a 1 in a millon shot,the fact that he was so wide open in the last minute of the game is rediculous, brutal marking.
    should have had a win.
    How about giving some credit to Hasli for his amazing goal instead of blaming our players for something that was out of their power to stop it and in this case they did what was excepted from them to do it!

The team defends together. When pressure is applied, the entire team must step together to stay compact.Space can not exist between lines on the field, or between pressuring players and the rest of the team. The team must also shift across the field together as the ball moves. In general, the team must move as one unified block whenever the ball moves. This puts high demands on work rate and coordination.

Defending in a 4:3:3 should be done primarily with zonal defending. In a zonal system, players are not solely responsible for marking an individual opponent but instead are responsible for filling areas of space and
    marking any opponents in those spaces. Zonal defending allows the team to keep a better defensive shape, and reduces some of the physical demands of man-marking.

Ask any coach who has knowledge about 4-3-3 system,and you will hear the same.

Henry was properly positioned,YOU CAN"T LEAVE the middle of the penalty box open.

ANY other move from Hasli, and Henry would have him covered because he was there.

On the other hand Soolsma should have scored 5 minutes earlier and we would be 2-0 up,game over.
    Last edited by denime; 05-17-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Acctually when I look at it again, it was a big mistake Hessli came deep into the box, were Morgan was supposed to be, and Henry was too far off.

How, about being realistic about our players. Hessli was smart to ghost into space that was available, and was skilled in finishing the shot. But he shuold have been marked and he was not. That is the truth of the matter.

There was no one playing the right back position, and the Centerback (henry was way in side) Hessli sloted in behind the CB, who was looking the other way, following the play, but taking his eye of their BIGGEST striker, leaving him room to receive the ball and take a shot.

That is a mistake, and you can go on and on about excuses, how 90 % of times, this and 90% of times that. But that was a mistake, and yesterday, I thought it was a smaller mistake, but now that I watch it again, it is clear that it is a much bigger mistake.

Now Henry and Morgan, are terrific young players in my mind, and will be great, but that was clearly a defensice mistake on our part that allowed that shot.

4-3-3 Zonal defending, well the LB zone was empty.
    You shuold sit at the center of the box, but there shuold not be a huge space beside you, and you shuold be aware of were the CF is, and once he starts moving into the box you shuold adjust and as the ball is comming to him you should close him down.

I blame it more on nobody being the LB spot, but Henry should have played it better. Very few goals in football are made without a defensive mistake. That is just the nature of the game.
    Last edited by trane; 05-17-2012 at 03:38 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Acctually when I look at it again, it was a big mistake Hessli came deep into the box, were Morgan was supposed to be, and Henry was too far off.

How, about being realistic about our players. Hessli was smart to ghost into space that was available, and was skilled in finishing the shot. But he shuold have been marked and he was not. That is the truth of the matter.
    If it was mistake than you should ask yourself where was the 4th defender,LB Morgan.Henry did what he should do as CB in 4-3-3 zonal defense,say what you want bit that was not Henry's mistake.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was no one playing the right back position, and the Centerback (henry was way in side) Hessli sloted in behind the CB, who was looking the other way, following the play, but taking his eye of their BIGGEST striker, leaving him room to receive the ball and take a shot.

That is a mistake, and you can go on and on about excuses, how 90 % of times, this and 90% of times that. But that was a mistake, and yesterday, I thought it was a smaller mistake, but now that I watch it again, it is clear that it is a much bigger mistake.

Now Henry and Morgan, are terrific young players in my mind, and will be great, but that was clearly a defensice mistake on our part that allowed that shot.

4-3-3 Zonal defending, well the LB zone was empty.
    You shuold sit at the center of the box, but there shuold not be a huge space beside you, and you shuold be aware of were the CF is, and once he starts moving into the box you shuold adjust and as the ball is comming to him you should close him down.

I blame it more on nobody being the LB spot, but Henry should have played it better. Very few goals in football are made without a defensive mistake. That is just the nature of the game.
    You shuold sit at the center of the box, but there shuold not be a huge space beside you,
    Had to highlight this hilarious comment. So be in the center of the pitch but magically be covering the entire half .....ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Anyways. So you wished Henry was playing outside, so....Hassli could have "ghosted" inside into the penalty spot instead? Perhaps making his attempt on goal easier than what was a ferociously difficult volley? Cause you know, he doesn't like to float inside into space game in and game out naturally, or that TFC defenders probably haven't seem the film on that either right?

All aboard the hate trane...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Denime,

I addressed that already. I blame Morgan more or if Morgan had picked someone up, the person who should have sloted in at the LB spot in that situation.

Henry shuold be at the center of the box, to be able to guard the box. Hessli came deep in the box before Henry was aware he was there, and he was only aware because the cross came Hessli's way. I understand how it happened, but as a CB you need to keep an eye on all the play developing infront of you to defend that central space.
    Last edited by trane; 05-17-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Had to highlight this hilarious comment. So be in the center of the pitch but magically be covering the entire half .....ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Anyways. So you wished Henry was playing outside, so....Hassli could have "ghosted" inside into the penalty spot instead? Perhaps making his attempt on goal easier than what was a ferociously difficult volley? Cause you know, he doesn't like to float inside into space game in and game out naturally, or that TFC defenders probably haven't seem the film on that either right?

What the hell are you talking about son??? Who the hell is saying that Henry should have played outside???
    Are you for real??? it is not about hate it is about observation. I am not blaming Henry for the goal. I am saying that the mistake starts with morgan, who has left the space besides him, and Henry should have been aware that hessli was moving into the space. Hence picking him up earlier. Not that Henry should have moved to play LB.
    Last edited by trane; 05-17-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This place is insane. Observations and comments about a play, mean that I hate Henry? What a fucking joke.

You are right. THere was no issue on the play. We should always play without someone at LB, and without our CB marking the leading striker deep in our box. That is how the game should be played.

Ryan, what is hillerious is how the fuck you seem to misconstrue every fucking comment that goes against your point of view. Not much of a starting point for a discussion.
    Last edited by trane; 05-17-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a great game for our defense, Hall extreamly impressed me, Henry was in position for almost every block, and Morgan showed he can attack and still play back effectively!

We could of easily put this one to bed! And next Wensday It's our trophy and it's staying in our house!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    Credit where credit is due... what an effing goal....

If you look at the video around 44 seconds, you will see Morgan is playing just up the field and to the right of Henry. Henry is staring at the ball comming to the player who will cross it, while Hassli is sneaking behind him. I am sorry but this shows the mistake as I said it. Morgan left the space Henry lost Hassli, leaving him unmarked in the box.

DOes this mean I hate TFC??? Does this mean I think Morgan and Henry should be shipped out??? Does this mean that I think they shat the bed???? No they are young players who had a good game overall and are our future, but on that play they erred. To err is human.
    Last edited by trane; 05-17-2012 at 04:17 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    What the hell are you talking about son??? Who the hell is saying that Henry should have played outside???
    Are you for real??? it is not about hate it is about observation. I am not blaming Henry for the goal. I am saying that the mistake starts with morgan, who has left the space besides him, and Henry should have been aware that hessli was moving into the space. Hence picking him up earlier. Not that Henry should have moved to play LB.
    This place is insane. Observations and comments about a play, mean that I hate Henry? What a fucking joke.

You are right. THere was no issue on the play. We should always play without someone at LB, and without our CB marking the leading striker deep in our box. That is how the game should be played.

Ryan, what is hillerious is how the fuck you seem to misconstrue every fucking comment that goes against your point of view. Not much of a starting point for a discussion.
    Take a breath both of you, please.

trane is justified in giving his opinion on where the mistake could've been at least seen ahead of time between Henry and Morgan.

trane your first response was sufficient, the last was no better than ryans callout. Like you've said above let's try discussion over kneejerk personal judgements please or infractions will be doled out.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I agree, about my second post. But it gets frustrating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Take a breath both of you, please.

trane is justified in giving his opinion on where the mistake could've been at least seen ahead of time between Henry and Morgan.

trane your first response was sufficient, the last was no better than ryans callout. Like you've said above let's try discussion over kneejerk personal judgements please or infractions will be doled out.
    That was a tremendous goal. When Dichio scored a similar goal (I believe it was during the last game of the season several years back), we knew it was something special, all goals are the result of a mistake somewhere, lets give this player credit, after all MLS is considered a third rate league so celebrating first rate achievements is good for everybody.