Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post Game: CCL TFC1 - VAN 1

crap..that hurts..but what a shot!

coulda, woulda, shoulda..

I guess we can live with it.. but with both the missed hand ball and Soolsma's sitter.. we could have put it away
    Last edited by Batman; 05-16-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good result. better than i expected. nothing could be done about that last goal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That goal just really freaking hurts. shit, it was a shot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall a good result -- I think most of us would have taken a 1-1 result (especially on the road) before the match started. There was no shame in giving up that goal to Hassli - that was a world class finish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we're going to give up a goal in stoppage time, I'd rather it be like this. Absolute beauty.

Home leg should be interesting, could really go either way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing crap about that....unfortunate but no keeper in the world was stopping that. Away goal always good.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It always happens like this a late goal takes it away......but what a finish.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't a bad effort, Soolsma should have converted and that 4 v 1 is no excuse, but the minute before that happened it showed a closeup of Plata and he looked gassed, Winter should have subbed Plata for Koevs instead of Lambe. Pretty goal by Hassli, the guy has some killer highlight goals for Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid effort by TFC tonight, a well deserved result, and an entertaining match overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great result. Not a good decision by Henry to leave Hassli open in the box in the last minutes of the game. Overall Henry had a good game though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game! Nothing to be ashamed of. TFC were the better team. It was only pure luck for Vancouver that has allowed them to take a draw from this game. 99 times out of 100, Hassli's goal does not go in.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty good match! Surprising solid play from TFC.
    Ridiculous Hassli goal. Beautiful to watch, but really annoyed at it.
    Left open, geez.... he was just waiting for it. Damn bad boy/tattoos. Gosh I hate that guy.

Danny K back on the pitch. Some other bright spots with Morgan, even JDG kind of held it down first half. Not forgetting Johnson.

Weak crowd in attendance. We'll remedy that next week.

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you look at the game and you say damn, should of won 3-0 or something...but lets be perfectly honest, if someone 3 hours ago came up to you and offered you a 1-1 draw in tonights match, you'd have been happy with that result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 cents?

Viewed this game as a little preview to see if the boys would be moving in a positive direction on the pitch.
    Now onto D.C. for the real test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    good result. better than i expected. nothing could be done about that last goal.
    I don't know why there was a free kick given just prior to the Assli goal. The guy was stripped, he went to ground, pussy of a ref was too scared NOT to make the call. Anyway; the boys played well and deserved better. Vacuntver got lucky.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. No need to feel bad about this result. For TFC defence to be undone by a world class volley, shit happens.

TFC took advantage of some bad lineup decision by Martin Rennie who put in Barbara and Watson instead of Hassli and Chiumiento. Plus the road travel on the Caps showed as they looked pretty gassed by 75th min.

The defence looked much more organized and the offence can string some passes together. Certainly better than a lot of other MLS teams (if you saw Portland vs Houston game yesterday, you'd know what I mean)

It's a very positive result for a team that can use all the positivity. Let's hope the lads aren't too down by giving up another last min goal, and get a result at DC on Sat
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I don't blame Soolsma. Isn't it his first game back? He's just a little rusty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Dunfied was on the verge of a red card but didn't get one out of pure luck.

I think Ashtone Morgan didn't play well at all - his play is regressing, and neither did DeGuzman as usual - never mind the assist on the Jonhson goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be a very interesting game next Wednesday, don't think we can sit back and defend but can't really totally go for it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok result ... i suppose he coulda been marked better, but what an amazing volley by hassli

that being said .... for fuck sakes the last 10 minutes was just TFC foul after TFC foul, pulling van players down, morgan running over them, and then YET ANOTHER goal against in added time ... could feel it comin

when will find consistency in our play?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Good game! Nothing to be ashamed of. TFC were the better team. It was only pure luck for Vancouver that has allowed them to take a draw from this game. 99 times out of 100, Hassli's goal does not go in.
    crappy to see that 1% though....I don't know if TFC were the better team though....balanced in my opinion. Choosing to continue to pressure was a good move though. I liked the subs, but unfortunate that Hassli cracked that one.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    Ridiculous Hassli goal. Beautiful to watch, but really annoyed at it.
    Left open, geez.... he was just waiting for it. Damn bad boy/tattoos. Gosh I hate that guy.
    Nobody would have expected Hassli to take that on the volley. The defender likely expected him to take a touch and the shoot, which gives him time to get in the way of the ball.

Weak crowd in attendance. We'll remedy that next week.

--
    I heard 14k for the match. I doubt we will do better
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smtavare View Post
    I think Dunfied was on the verge of a red card but didn't get one out of pure luck.

I think Ashtone Morgan didn't play well at all - his play is regressing, and neither did DeGuzman as usual - never mind the assist on the Jonhson goal.
    I have to disagree with you there. I though DeGuzman played a solid game. He was moving the ball well and not giving Vancouver any room up the middle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the hardest shots I have ever seen. Milos Kocic flinched. Which is an amazing thing, he doesn't look to me like someone who is scared of anything, I bet he has never flinched in his entire career.

If one of our guys ever scores one like that, we'll talk about it for years. My hat is off to Hassli. He's now had three or four amazing goals.

The draw was fair, I thought. We played very well at times, running around at others.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-16-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soolsma should have scored like Vancouver should have scored at the end of the first half - sometimes the goalie makes a nice save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    heard 14k for the match. I doubt we will do better
    Sure we will, the only meaningful games are the Voyageurs Cup and CCL Games now? I predict at least 18K on gameday.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    crappy to see that 1% though....I don't know if TFC were the better team though....balanced in my opinion. Choosing to continue to pressure was a good move though. I liked the subs, but unfortunate that Hassli cracked that one.
    Vancouver were playing far too aggressive. They didn't have their heads about them. TFC's passes were crisper and more accurate. They didn't have an abundance of opportunities but the ones they did create were good quality. I think TFC were more impressive on the night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with the result and our play especially considering no Frings. Ref was a fucking clown. Different card and foul standard depending on the team. I counted 2 handballs in the box at the end, one that was beyond obvious, the other I am 90% sure and look forward to seeing a replay if anyone PVR'd it. Should be going home up 2-0. I always give props when they are due, but the Southsiders support is garbage... to think Lenarduzzi charges an extra $200 to be near these clowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Roogsy, all your comments have been super positive today. Have you been drinking some of the Vodka Spiked KoolAid we brought. LOL!

What a nice change on these boards when its a non-league game!