Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
    I don't think surprised is the right word. Disapointed maybe, and somewhat bitter for those who rushed in and paid full price when they thought these tickets would be hard to get...
    In the past 3 tournaments of its kind there has been no sellout.

That said it's still more electric than more than half the league games at BMO...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    No not a MLSE whore willing to lie down for them. If they're going to discount tickets, what does that say to people who bought season tickets at full pop. So some guy who paid 60 bucks is sitting next to a sucker who paid 82 bucks way back in March. What happens when those 82 buck season tickets can be had from the FO firesale at 20 bucks in August?

It's one thing sitting next to a guy who bought a 82 buck ticket on Stubhub for 15 bucks, but when the club is willing to fuck over it's season ticket base that much....

come on..it's not about being a hardcore fan anymore...
    I'll keep this potty mouth clean.

I don't think there is any battle bigger than this issue. It's about integrity of the product. And it's value. If I bought an 82 dollar tickets and it's now being sold for 40 bucks, what are you saying about your pricing? and the value of your product? it's telling me that you don't care about those who paid 82 bucks for the ticket.

Now if TFC was to start pricing these tickets as say the Buffalo Sabres do, which is breaking down the opponent into 3 price ranges, I'd be fine with that, as the Sabres do this before any game is played. That doesn't change if the Sabres are 40-17 or 17-40. It's not a sliding scale. The tickets have a pre determined value and integrity. So LA is costing me 82 bucks, while the Amway games are costing 40. I'd be fine with that. It's all upfront. That's called respect. Selling my 82 buck ticket on group-on for 40 is slimly and bush league after I've fully paid for that tickets months in advance. How hard is that to understand?

There is a huge difference from selling these upcoming games at discount-- than selling last year's kit at 50% off. You want to let people into empty seats at half-time for 41 bucks, fill your boots. I lived in Ottawa in the last days of the CFL team. I had buddies who had bought season tickets in March that cost 399 bucks. In June after a slow start the team started the same season tickets at 99 bucks. Do you think anyone with a brain renewed their season ticket the following year early? BTW the team folded the season after.

What the FO is saying is, wait until tickets are on groupon. Don't buy them early and don't buy them through ticketmaster. What a great marketing plan.

And I understand that the crowds have been great for the Amway games. Good stuff. But as a supporter there is no issue bigger than this. Being fucked over on the cost of a ticket is a huge issue. And I agree, that if you want to pick up an extra ticket, do it through this site.

You can support the squad without supporting the corporation who owns the team-- just as you can support the troops without supporting the war.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there is any battle bigger than this issue. It's about integrity of the product. And it's value. If I bought an 82 dollar tickets and it's now being sold for 40 bucks, what are you saying about your pricing? and the value of your product? it's telling me that you don't care about those who paid 82 bucks for the ticket.

Now if TFC was to start pricing these tickets as say the Buffalo Sabres do, which is breaking down the opponent into 3 price ranges, I'd be fine with that, as the Sabres do this before any game is played. That doesn't change if the Sabres are 40-17 or 17-40. It's not a sliding scale. The tickets have a pre determined value and integrity. So LA is costing me 82 bucks, while the Amway games are costing 40. I'd be fine with that. It's all upfront. That's called respect. Selling my 82 buck ticket on group-on for 40 is slimly and bush league after I've fully paid for that tickets months in advance. How hard is that to understand?

There is a huge difference from selling these upcoming games at discount-- than selling last year's kit at 50% off. You want to let people into empty seats at half-time for 41 bucks, fill your boots. I lived in Ottawa in the last days of the CFL team. I had buddies who had bought season tickets in March that cost 399 bucks. In June after a slow start the team started the same season tickets at 99 bucks. Do you think anyone with a brain renewed their season ticket the following year early? BTW the team folded the season after.

What the FO is saying is, wait until tickets are on groupon. Don't buy them early and don't buy them through ticketmaster. What a great marketing plan.

And I understand that the crowds have been great for the Amway games. Good stuff. But as a supporter there is no issue bigger than this. Being fucked over on the cost of a ticket is a huge issue. And I agree, that if you want to pick up an extra ticket, do it through this site.

You can support the squad without supporting the corporation who owns the team-- just as you can support the troops without supporting the war.

People need to read this post.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This issue isn't new. They had secondary sales since season 3 or earlier. It's common practice and it's for those like yourself or Roogs or others that don't feel they can commit to the price offered. Yes it means the company is overvaluing their product for the mainstream public and a growing number of SSH in other areas of the stadium but the war you speak of is not going to stop until scalping is eliminated from the ground as well.

As for your problem with the pricing of these matches I have no sympathy to cheapen the event. YOU are the one who wants to depreciate it. I've said in years past I don't want cheaper tix to this tournament. I want people to be educated in its significance and make the decision if they agree or not.

When they first introduced the different game prices (as they continue to do) my eyes almost rolled out of my head. Year 3 and I was being told what regular season game was more important than another. Sheesh. So no I don't want MORE specialization for pricing but more consistency.

But then I still want to make every game and don't underrate any game (except mid season friendlies of course)
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    This issue isn't new. They had secondary sales since season 3 or earlier. It's common practice and it's for those like yourself or Roogs or others that don't feel they can commit to the price offered. Yes it means the company is overvaluing their product for the mainstream public and a growing number of SSH in other areas of the stadium but the war you speak of is not going to stop until scalping is eliminated from the ground as well.

As for your problem with the pricing of these matches I have no sympathy to cheapen the event. YOU are the one who wants to depreciate it. I've said in years past I don't want cheaper tix to this tournament. I want people to be educated in its significance and make the decision if they agree or not.

When they first introduced the different game prices (as they continue to do) my eyes almost rolled out of my head. Year 3 and I was being told what regular season game was more important than another. Sheesh. So no I don't want MORE specialization for pricing but more consistency.

But then I still want to make every game and don't underrate any game (except mid season friendlies of course)
    i know what you mean, it is a very important match but many people just don't understand the system. But at the same time you can look at other leagues like England for example where early stages especially and even into further rounds of Carling Cup and FA Cup matches are cheaper then regular League matches despite the importance of them. Last year I got FA Cup 5th round tickets at west ham for £17, they usually sell them for £32. I think this is often because short notice of ticket sales as you usually only have few weeks or so at times before the next match. This still being early stages to qualify for CHampions League, i don't see anything wrong with lowering prices. And if you want to educate more fans on the importance of the tournament then maybe the best way is to lower the prices to get bums in the seats.

As for different prices between seeing FC Dallas play vs say Seattle or who ever it may be i agree is stupid. Every league game should cost the same, as in MLS there is no BIG clubs that seem to always be at the top year after year. In some cases they have sold NY Red Bulls, Houston, LA and other team tickets as a Premium prices in a season that they finished average, below average and even at the bottom of the entire league!
    Last edited by james; 05-18-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

A bit off topic, but I had to laugh at this when I wondered aloud "in a world of variable pricing, what would other clubs charge with 0-8 TFC coming to town"?