0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ha! I caught that one
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reginald's still a kid too. He'll get better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the team played really well. They definitely showed they are a better team than 0-8. I just wish this team showed up more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Great win despite being a man down. Hopefully this win carries over in league play.

Hopefully TFC can convince CSA to let Eckersley play next game.
    They'll probably back Gantar, wouldn't count on it. Hall has shown he can fill in and do quite well so it's not a devastating loss to lose him for the 1st leg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Really Hal?

You guys complain about the amount of negativity and thenintentionally provoke a response?
    What does this mean? You think that I posted something to provoke a response from you?
    Really? There is no conspiracy, Roogs.

Do you really want my opinion on last night and then run back to the private board to complain about the negativity?
    You can post your opinion or not. None of my post was directed at you. There is no conspiracy against you, Roogs.

When the "negative" posters allow the positive guys to relish a win we're called out.
    Nobody called you out. Nobody. Should we thank you for allowing us to enjoy a victory? Or, do we simply owe you a debt of gratitude?

Again, there is no conspiracy against you. Period. Full stop. I will not engage you again in this thread. I know that you like to have the last word. It is yours, my friend. I will buy you a beer next time our paths meet and hopefully this will be behind us.

Sorry, Mods (off topic) but after that attack, I felt that I should defend myself.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beating Montreal does not make a season. Beating Vancouver next round does not make a season. This team needs to make the play-offs to gain any credibility with me and the market that is Toronto. This year will be a failure if Montreal and Vancouver both make the play-offs and we don't.

[edited]
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-10-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: trolling

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    We're in the final because we played a defensive 1st leg. Sorry, but that's wrong.
    Have to disagree, we are in the finals DESPITE the fact that we played a defensive first leg.

Edit: (IMO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Have to disagree, we are in the finals DESPITE the fact that we played a defensive first leg.

Edit: (IMO)
    They were tired and emotionally worn after RSL heartbreaker. If they went for more offensive Montreal surely would have scored and we may not be through. That first clean sheet of the 2012 year was a good step for us and I don't see how it's a negative.

You believe had we pushed the tired legs we would have not conceded? That's a tough sell considering we had failed to clean sheet anyone coming into it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win last night. So nice to knock out the Montreal l'impdicks, and celebrate in front of their away support. Revenge is a dish best served cold, which it often is down at BMO early in the year. When do the chants of "Reg-gie, Reg-gie, Reg-gie," start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll probably back Gantar, wouldn't count on it. Hall has shown he can fill in and do quite well so it's not a devastating loss to lose him for the 1st leg.
    I would still try to get that card rescinded if I was TFC. They have evidence that this clown can't officiate properly, since he had a red card rescinded in MLS this week.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They were tired and emotionally worn after RSL heartbreaker. If they went for more offensive Montreal surely would have scored and we may not be through. That first clean sheet of the 2012 year was a good step for us and I don't see how it's a negative.

You believe had we pushed the tired legs we would have not conceded? That's a tough sell considering we had failed to clean sheet anyone coming into it.
    This is a fair point. The pitch in Montreal has also been compared with concrete. Push to far forward and a long ball could be hard to track down.

Anyways, can't see the point in debating how the win was achieved. The only game Montreal is looking forward to next week is watching the one in which we are playing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt Ecks will get that card recinded. And since this is ACC, it would be up to CSA to review. I think the red card is harsh but there is enough benefit of doubt on Gantar's side. It's not 100% clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    I would still try to get that card rescinded if I was TFC. They have evidence that this clown can't officiate properly, since he had a red card rescinded in MLS this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    Great win last night. So nice to knock out the Montreal l'impdicks, and celebrate in front of their away support. Revenge is a dish best served cold, which it often is down at BMO early in the year. When do the chants of "Reg-gie, Reg-gie, Reg-gie," start?

OHHHH WHENNNN REG-GIEEEE
    SCORESSSS FUCKKK-INGGGG GOALSSSS
    OHHHH WHENNNN REG-GIEEEE
    SCORESSSS FUCKKK-INGGGG GOALSSSS
    OH WHEN REG-GIE SCORES FUCK-ING GOALS
    I WANT TO BEEEE, IN THAT NUMBER
    WHEN REGGIE LAMBE SCORES FUCK-ING GOALS!

OH WHEN REG-GIE (OH WHEN REG-GIE)
    SCORES FUCK-ING GOALS! (SCORES FUCK-ING GOALS!)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Hopefully I'm wrong then.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a nice win.

But TFC could have quite easily lost 4-2. Or won 4-0.

Still need to prevent giving away horrible chances and finish better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Reginald's still a kid too. He'll get better.

This is true!

Seems to have the right attitude, he can make himself a career if he stays focused and works hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would just like to point out that the so-called "unproven cb" that someone mentioned (here on this board) a few days ago was anything but.
    henry played very well last night and deserves to start on a regular basis. sure he is young and will make mistakes, but he has
    certainly shown the heart, ability and the knowledge to solidify part of that back line. well done henry. well done team!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One well played Cup match during the midst of the worst start to an MLS season ever is small consolation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also needs to be remembered that there has to be some sustained efforts in order to make a conclusion.....one good game doesn't do it.......up to yesterday, the sustained effort was a losing one so the criticisms were justified.....

was the win last night great?.....for sure......now lets see some more on a regular basis.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Well Johnson is no central striker, so yeah.
    While I agree it might not be where he is best suited, I think he can definitely play the position. He's decent at winning and holding the ball up (though his decision making and first pass from there are his weakness to me), he gets his head on EVERYTHING so he's a good target, he can run at defenders with the ball, makes decent runs off the ball, and in general works a lot harder than Koevs... To me his biggest downfalls are his passing and he gets easily frustrated, and that seems to affect his confidence a bit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the Victors go the spoils courtesy of Cake Boss...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

does anyone have footage from the montreal stuff that went down last night? im curious to see it again. Pete i know that one woman who was standing beside you near the go train tunnel said she had it all on camera. but was curious if anyone has uploaded it or something.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Beating Montreal does not make a season. Beating Vancouver next round does not make a season. This team needs to make the play-offs to gain any credibility with me and the market that is Toronto. This year will be a failure if Montreal and Vancouver both make the play-offs and we don't.
    No it doesn't make a season and no one here is saying it does. And if I could be assured a berth to the Champions league and to the World Club Cup without a single win in the league your damn right I would take it. That holds more appeal than playing anyone else in this league.

I'm going to take the potshot made to be aimed completely at Amway and young commercial tournament because if you're trying in any way to insult a tournament and trophy that was made and organized, FOUNDED by true supporters that were here before most of us that would be the height of ignorance and ingratitude.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-10-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Furtado91 View Post
    does anyone have footage from the montreal stuff that went down last night? im curious to see it again. Pete i know that one woman who was standing beside you near the go train tunnel said she had it all on camera. but was curious if anyone has uploaded it or something.
    around 6:25 mark...

Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamperina View Post
    To the Victors go the spoils courtesy of Cake Boss...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    around 6:25 mark...

Thanks a lot bud. That was crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasn't there last night- a few reasons, but needed a break from the negative energy I've been bringing the past few games...
    Anyway...I am now accepting offers for me to stay away all season if we play like that and win!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post

[edited]
    Perhaps...

But you know what? Right now, that's not something we should worry too much about. Instead, let's take pride in the fact that even when we've got a record of 0-8 in the league, we can still scrap together a squad good enough to spank the Impact's collective asses on our home pitch.

I don't know if we've turned the tide here with this win, and I totally agree that we're far from out of the woods. But the team deserves credit for pulling off a much-needed win last night.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-10-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE THE TURNAROUND WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR BUT IT IS TO EARLY TO TELL . If they pull of a similiar performance against DCU next week than I will be happy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random thoughts on the game and the thread:

Great win. The hustle and heart the boys showed was admirable and we have seen a few fleeting images of that this year. Personnel-wise I don't think we are far off being a decent team. The thought of Montreal advancing sickened me and this is at least one positive we can take from this year, if nothing else.

The game did nothing to convince me Winter is a competent coach, quite the opposite in fact. By all accounts the team meeting was emotional with the players fed up with playing his system. Reading between the lines I think mutiny was in the air, and Winter had no choice but to concede and let the players play how they wanted to. They had a point to prove and it showed. This win is not Winters' doing. My vote would be Frings as player/coach until a suitable replacement is found.

Red should be rescinded. Replay shows the foul on Ecks put him off stride and unless he has an extra eyeball in his temple I missed before, there is no way he sees the challenge coming with the clarity needed to intentionally stomp on him. No foul on Ecks and the only possible card getting handed out goes to the alphabet soup Impact player.

Marsch attempting to bypass De Klerk to shake Winters' hand post game was pure lulz. When the coaching staff gets fired I want BDK to stay on as waterboy.

Result panned out but I still think it was dumb to not go for an away goal in mtl. Despite the fact we were playing good I think the vast majority of us thought we were fucked, up one but down to 10 men so early. Any draw and we were toast. You could replay that game 10 times and Montreal would advance 8.

UM02... same old same old from them. Last time they were here it was spit coming down from the top of 104, now it's chairs and flares. And subsequent twitter whining.
    Last edited by RedRum; 05-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I highly doubt Ecks will get that card recinded. And since this is ACC, it would be up to CSA to review. I think the red card is harsh but there is enough benefit of doubt on Gantar's side. It's not 100% clear
    Even when the referee didn't agree with himself? He called a foul in favour of Ecks, and a red card against Ecks, for the same exact play.