Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    "0-0 is a terrible road result"

"Canadians are our problem"

LOL

For a team that has a supposedly shit defense with too many Canadians on it, not as bad result for having 3 Canadians go all 90 on the back line.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC gonna pull a Billy bean and run the train on MLS East.

Winning every game from here on out.
    Gonna Tear this league apart.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    They've had many team meetings this year. But i do believe that putting Frings in his rightful position helps a lot.
    100 times this.

Without Frings in the middle of the field to distribute the buildup sputters as soon as the ball leaves his foot in the backline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silly Montrealers, don't they know that teams dressed in blue and white have a hard time playing in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone else swing by the NE corner and have a laugh at the Limpact supporters post game? They were mad bros. We should have brought the whole group over and sung to them all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Hey, who's missing from the postgame thread?
    Find it interesting how those ranters all happen to not be in this thread at all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's still only one match.

Just going to enjoy it.

Vancouver will be a tougher test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Please share the lyrics with us here and I'll throw it in our Chants section for posterity!
    I'm interested in this too. I'm at the top of 110 and didn't hear it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find it interesting how those ranters all happen to not be in this thread at all.
    Keep it on topic,calling out posters that have different opinion is not allowed on this board.

Thanks,
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...what TFC team was that? I wish I could watch that one every week. Montreal were lucky last night they had a guy like Donovan Ricketts. What an awesome game he had keeping it down to only 2 goals against. Good on everyone for their effort including the supporters. I couldn't be there in person last night but support sounded really good despite the half empty stands you could see on TV.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chevy - take comments like that somewhere else. The thread has been positive so far. The goading and negativity is not appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really needed that. It was nice to hear BMO have that edge and people really into the game. And actually get a result and not dread even the thought of TFC. Reminded me of the good ol' days of early March 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Chevy - take comments like that somewhere else. The thread has been positive so far. The goading and negativity is not appreciated.
    Fair enough! I think the pic below sums up our season so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 wonderful match of respite!!!! So ncie to win again. Let's hope it can continue. What was BDK so rageful about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    1 wonderful match of respite!!!! So ncie to win again. Let's hope it can continue. What was BDK so rageful about?
    Can't be sure. He and Jesse Marsh were going at it all game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the-lower-eastsider View Post
    WE CELEBRATE A ALMOST MEANINGLESS WIN AGAINST AN EXPANSION SIDE.
    Being Canadian Champions may be meaningless to you, but it means a lot to most TFC supporters who actually understand soccer. Cup competitions in almost every country have the prestige, history and tradition. Granted our competition is only a few years old but then again there are dozens of football clubs around the world that are older than our country! If you don't understand the importance of a cup competition, then it's probably best to keep quiet rather than embarrass yourself in front of people who really understand the game. Besides, after 8 straight league losses, no win could be considered 'almost meaningless.'

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Canadians are our problem"

LOL
    Not going to bring this thread down. Hustle won that game and it was a beautiful thing.

Roster management issues are still the team's achilles heal. I'll be running a blog tomorrow that highlights the amount of minutes distributed to young players on TFC vs other MLS clubs. Shocking really. All relates back to our decision to spend money on band-aids while skimping on player identification and investing in DPs. The 3rd most expensive roster in the league should not rely so heavily on inexperienced talent.

Anyways, another day another discussion. Today is meant to be a basking day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Not going to bring this thread down. Hustle won that game and it was a beautiful thing.

Roster management issues are still the team's achilles heal. I'll be running a blog tomorrow that highlights the amount of minutes distributed to young players on TFC vs other MLS clubs. Shocking really. All relates back to our decision to spend money on band-aids while skimping on player identification and investing in DPs. The 3rd most expensive roster in the league should not rely so heavily on inexperienced talent.

Anyways, another day another discussion. Today is meant to be a basking day.
    Aye roster management is an issue, doesn't mean it's a Canadian issue.

All Canadians had a good or great game last night, did they not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, for the love of god, 20 year old clubs who promote leagues are not expansion sides. I don't care what anyone says, that is not an expansion club and neither was Portland or Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Speaking of which, Montreal couldn't even start Patrice Bernier? That was really poor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....yes JDG is overpaid and has underperformed for sure......but last night I think he deserves a lot of credit. Busted his ass off last night in the midfield as did most of our squad.....Over the last 2 matches I thought he has played much better....Hopefully he is getting his act together mentally and physically.

I know there is a lot of hate on him and everyone knows I am a fan.....regardless of the fact that this is probably going to be his last season with TFC...I just hope for efforts like last night for the rest of the season.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ^ Speaking of which, Montreal couldn't even start Patrice Bernier? That was really poor.
    Bernier started for the Impact.....or am I imagining things.....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he subbed on later? Or did he sub off?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I'm very happy for our boys of the field. They showed confidence, determination and skill last night.

I'm at a loss for words regarding the officiating. How could so many calls (or non-calls(?)) occur in a single game? This has to be addressed or tempers are going boil over a-la-DeKlerk.

Our defense looked the part last night. If we can keep that level up and continue to find the back of the net - I'm cautiously optimisitic.

Pressing high and seeing so many of our players play two-way was a refreshing change.

Winter haters seem surprisingly quiet.
    Really Hal?

You guys complain about the amount of negativity and then intentionally provoke a response?

Do you really want my opinion on last night and then run back to the private board to complain about the negativity?

When the "negative" posters allow the positive guys to relish a win we're called out. If someone comes in and is still negative like Lumpy posted, he gets shit on and told to leave.

What the fuck are we supposed to do?

BTW for the guys calling out Lower-eastsider...he's done more for TFC than most of you combined and I would put his effort, passion and results on behalf of TFC up against any of you guys any day of the week.

For the record, I was out last night and wanted to post about the game but got home late and went to bed. I can't believe the childishness of several posters actually BEGGING for an internet fight after a TFC win. 1 win validates your point of view? What do you think 8 losses does about ours?

Anyways, on the ACTUAL game, I thought the win was good last night. There were very positive elements of the game. And there was passion and intensity that was missing in previous games. That being said, it was that passion and intensity that they came out with that was a big part in the first goal and put the Impact on their heels. It wasn't anything tactical. I thought it was a clumsy game on both sides. From what I could tell, this team had pumped itself up, I doubt it was Winter (my personal opinion, I haven't seen anything from him that shows he is able to do that, DeClerk on the other hand...) and it doesn't change my view on Winter. I highly doubt this team can come out with the same intensity week in week out in a long season and in the end, that will be it's undoing since it's already started.

And that red card was bullshit by the way. Maybe a yellow. But it served to firm up the team's resolve and they played hard for each other for 70 minutes and I say good on them.

But for heaven's sakes...1 win and many are forgetting the 8 losses behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit, he did start. I'm a fool.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Silly Montrealers, don't they know that teams dressed in blue and white have a hard time playing in Toronto.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nlsanand View Post
    I was in row 16 in 127, where were you? Gotta agree with these comments. But my friends was telling me before the game that the North End Elite is not really functioning as a supporters group anymore. What's the story with them?
    Row 15, Seat 15.

The back of 127 started several chants that spread to the rest of the section. I've mentioned to NEE that rather than complaining that the back of 127 is quiet, and that we don't join in, they should move back so we can hear them. It's tough to join in stuff you can't hear!

Anyway, it was good in that there are normally a lot of tourists, but at least they tended to join in the simple stuff. Simple and loud beats quiet and complex.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aye roster management is an issue, doesn't mean it's a Canadian issue.

All Canadians had a good or great game last night, did they not?
    Aye, they did. Was also impressed with Jeremy Hall's hustle. His sliding block at the top of the box in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Really Hal?

You guys complain about the amount of negativity and then intentionally provoke a response?

Do you really want my opinion on last night and then run back to the private board to complain about the negativity?

When the "negative" posters allow the positive guys to relish a win we're called out. If someone comes in and is still negative like Lumpy posted, he gets shit on and told to leave.

What the fuck are we supposed to do?

BTW for the guys calling out Lower-eastsider...he's done more for TFC than most of you combined and I would put his effort, passion and results on behalf of TFC up against any of you guys any day of the week.

For the record, I was out last night and wanted to post about the game but got home late and went to bed. I can't believe the childishness of several posters actually BEGGING for an internet fight after a TFC win. 1 win validates your point of view? What do you think 8 losses does about ours?

Anyways, on the ACTUAL game, I thought the win was good last night. There were very positive elements of the game. And there was passion and intensity that was missing in previous games. That being said, it was that passion and intensity that they came out with that was a big part in the first goal and put the Impact on their heels. It wasn't anything tactical. I thought it was a clumsy game on both sides. From what I could tell, this team had pumped itself up, I doubt it was Winter (my personal opinion, I haven't seen anything from him that shows he is able to do that, DeClerk on the other hand...) and it doesn't change my view on Winter. I highly doubt this team can come out with the same intensity week in week out in a long season and in the end, that will be it's undoing since it's already started.

And that red card was bullshit by the way. Maybe a yellow. But it served to firm up the team's resolve and they played hard for each other for 70 minutes and I say good on them.

But for heaven's sakes...1 win and many are forgetting the 8 losses behind it.
    Let's leave the "I'm a better supporter because.." talk and concentrate on the match. Both sides can enjoy the win on it's own and leave the big picture to other threads that are well entrenched in their own discussion on the two differences on the team this year.

This post is for everyone not just Roogsy and Thanks Roogs for actually commenting on the game in your post as well.

Breathe deep people.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Aye, they did. Was also impressed with Jeremy Hall's hustle. His sliding block at the top of the box in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty.
    Hall's shot late in the game was a great strike as well. That was going to curl just inside the post but Ricketts got enough to steer it wide. That dolt Gantar missed that though and gave the goal kick.